PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs: June 1st cuts, who are they ?

ROYC75
05-11-2006, 03:20 PM
Who ya think will get the ax ?

Doesn't Sims get a heafty bonus if on the roster ?

Anybody here know this ?

ct
05-11-2006, 03:21 PM
none

StcChief
05-11-2006, 03:30 PM
Likely Woods
Wesley? doubt it.
Sims? doubt it that injury pron bastard.

Kerberos
05-11-2006, 03:33 PM
With the "BigDick" gone I am sure we will get rid of some of the dead weight that needed to be gone 3-5 years ago.

Eric Hicks?

I guess others were released 2006 AH

That would be 2006 "After Herm"

McCleon
?
?
?
?
?

Dunit35
05-11-2006, 03:38 PM
Eric Hicks won't be released, not enough depth.

ct
05-11-2006, 03:38 PM
The CBA negotiations changed the cap escalations this year. Something about since they had to keep extending the NFL accounting year, that teams could release players to get under the cap, and claim them as June 1st cuts. So there are not expected to be much cuts this June. We'll see though, I have a hard time seeing Jerome Woods making the roster, but it's possible they just cut him during TC roster cutdowns.

nascher
05-11-2006, 03:42 PM
woods 100 %

Crush
05-11-2006, 03:48 PM
Woods and (please make this happen God) Hicks.

Sure-Oz
05-11-2006, 03:51 PM
Woods should be the 1st.

Dunit35
05-11-2006, 03:51 PM
Woods and (please make this happen God) Hicks.

Why would you want Hicks gone? He's a good run stopper and if he didn't start would provide depth.

Sure-Oz
05-11-2006, 03:53 PM
Hicks should stay as a backup, we need the depth

chop
05-11-2006, 03:56 PM
Name two DE's on the Chiefs roster better than Hicks. If you can then he shouldn't be the starter.

If you can name 4 DE's better than Hicks then he shouldn't be on the team.

CosmicPal
05-11-2006, 04:20 PM
Woods and McCleon for certain.

Mecca
05-11-2006, 04:34 PM
Why would you want Hicks gone? He's a good run stopper and if he didn't start would provide depth.

Because he's shit for one, for 2 he acts like he's the "leader" of a defense that hasn't been good in years. He's just someone alot of us would like to see off the team for alot of reasons kind of like Eric Warfield.

BigChiefFan
05-11-2006, 04:36 PM
Woods and McCleon for certain.
McCleon is already off the team. He was cut a while back. Way before the draft.

keg in kc
05-11-2006, 04:37 PM
I'm sure they're going to cut Sims. I mean they added so many DT's in the offseason, that he just has to be expendable now. Move over Ryan, it's Ron Edwards time.

Dunit35
05-11-2006, 04:40 PM
Because he's shit for one, for 2 he acts like he's the "leader" of a defense that hasn't been good in years. He's just someone alot of us would like to see off the team for alot of reasons kind of like Eric Warfield.

Yeah...as soon as someone steps up and dominates we can cut him. I know Hicks sucks but he's depth and we don't have much else at this point.

RealSNR
05-11-2006, 04:42 PM
Did we lose Lional Dalton?

I don't want to see us go in with ****ing Junior as a starter :banghead:

BigChiefFan
05-11-2006, 04:44 PM
Did we lose Lional Dalton?

I don't want to see us go in with ****ing Junior as a starter :banghead:We re-signed him.

KANSAS CITY AGREES TO TERMS WITH DT LIONAL DALTON
Mar 24, 2006, 9:39:29 AM

Kansas City Chiefs President Carl Peterson announced on Friday that the club has agreed to the terms of a four-year contract with DT Lional Dalton. As per Chiefs policy, no other terms of the agreement were made available.

Dalton (6-1, 315) has appeared in all 32 games (27 starts) since joining the Chiefs in 2004, recording 82 tackles (49 solo), a sack (-7.0), one fumble recovery and 45 QB pressures. Last season Dalton finished the season with 46 tackles (23 solo) with four stops for loss, as well as a sack (-7.0 yards) and 19 QB pressures.

Dalton has played in 110 games (55 starts) during his eight-year NFL career with Baltimore (’98-01), Denver (’02), Washington (’03) and Kansas City. He has recorded 236 tackles (151 solo), 8.0 sacks (-59.0 yards) as well as three forced fumbles, one fumble recovery and four passes defensed. Dalton also owns six games of postseason action with the Ravens, registering six tackles (five solo). He won a Super Bowl XXXV ring with Baltimore following the 2000 season.

The Detroit, Michigan native was a two-year letterman and two-year starter at Eastern Michigan, posting 116 tackles (58 solo), 4.0 sacks and two fumble recoveries in his career. Dalton was a two-time All-Mid American Conference selection and was named the Eagles Defensive MVP as a senior when he recorded 46 tackles (23 solo). He was an all-state selection as a senior at Cooley High School in Detroit, Michigan.

dirk digler
05-11-2006, 04:44 PM
Scanlon for sure.. :)

Mecca
05-11-2006, 04:45 PM
Yeah...as soon as someone steps up and dominates we can cut him. I know Hicks sucks but he's depth and we don't have much else at this point.

I'd rather cut him and go with a younger cheaper player at this point. I just don't like the idea of paying Eric Hicks good money when he really doesn't contribute that much......especially when we just drafted a 1st round DE.

I'd rather cut him now and start getting that cap money back to use on a player who can actually help this team in the future.

LiL stumppy
05-11-2006, 04:51 PM

LOL he doesnt act like a leader.He is a vetren that steped up and became A leader.My guess is you don't understand that. Leadership can contribute to the abilitys of the defense,but not everything.So I think its a far reach to say our D has sucked because of his leadership.

LiL stumppy
05-11-2006, 04:52 PM
I'd rather cut him and go with a younger cheaper player at this point. I just don't like the idea of paying Eric Hicks good money when he really doesn't contribute that much......especially when we just drafted a 1st round DE.

I'd rather cut him now and start getting that cap money back to use on a player who can actually help this team in the future.

Being a vetren leader and adding solid depth is contributing to the team.

htismaqe
05-11-2006, 04:53 PM
There won't be any June 1 cuts this year, for any team.

The whole CBA process made it so that teams wouldn't need June 1.

dirk digler
05-11-2006, 04:54 PM
Being a vetren leader and adding solid depth is contributing to the team.

I would keep Hicks around for depth only.

BigChiefFan
05-11-2006, 04:55 PM

I'd rather cut him now and start getting that cap money back to use on a player who can actually help this team in the future.Who is the young player you speak of?

Wilkerson can't even unseat Hicks. Hall was signed to a ONE year deal and Allen has the other side wrapped up.

htismaqe
05-11-2006, 04:56 PM
LOL he doesnt act like a leader.He is a vetren that steped up and became A leader.My guess is you don't understand that. Leadership can contribute to the abilitys of the defense,but not everything.So I think its a far reach to say our D has sucked because of his leadership.

Bullshit.

Eric Hicks is the guy that couldn't shut his ****ing mouth. Every week he said we'd play better and we didn't. Instead of being ashamed of it, he was one of the guys that could "handle being 1 and 3".

**** Eric Hicks.

htismaqe
05-11-2006, 04:56 PM
Who is the young player you speak of?

Wilkerson can't even unseat Hicks. Hall was signed to a ONE year deal and Allen has the other side wrapped up.

Did we not just draft someone at that position?

Mecca
05-11-2006, 04:59 PM
You know the defense is bad when people act like Eric Hicks is valuable to it......

BigChiefFan
05-11-2006, 05:02 PM
Did we not just draft someone at that position?He said he wanted Hicks OFF the team and to give a YOUNGER guy a chance. OBVIOUSLY Hali being the STARTER, so who is Hali's back-up, that is young and proven to make a contribution?

The point is, we would be fools to shitcan Hicks, instead of relegating him to BACK-UP.

Mecca
05-11-2006, 05:03 PM
He said he wanted Hicks OFF the team and to give a YOUNGER guy a chance. OBVIOUSLY Hali being the STARTER, so who is Hali's back-up, that is young and proven to make a contribution?

The point is, we would be fools to shitcan Hicks, instead of relegating him to BACK-UP.

Because it's smart to pay a backup starter money........when there's a salary cap.

BigChiefFan
05-11-2006, 05:07 PM
Because it's smart to pay a backup starter money........when there's a salary cap.
It's even smarter to take a cap hit, when you can afford to keep him, right? :banghead:

Mecca
05-11-2006, 05:09 PM
Under that logic we should keep Jerome Woods too.....I'd rather take the hit now when we aren't spending money so we get it off the cap and can use it on someone who can actually contribute.

dirk digler
05-11-2006, 05:13 PM
Under that logic we should keep Jerome Woods too.....I'd rather take the hit now when we aren't spending money so we get it off the cap and can use it on someone who can actually contribute.

I want Woods gone but Hicks can stay.

BigChiefFan
05-11-2006, 05:14 PM
Under that logic we should keep Jerome Woods too.....I'd rather take the hit now when we aren't spending money so we get it off the cap and can use it on someone who can actually contribute.The difference is, there are some players at that position(safety), who warrant making space for. Again, I ask, who is this BACK-UP, that allows us to kick Hicks off the team?

DTLB58
05-11-2006, 07:36 PM
You know the defense is bad when people act like Eric Hicks is valuable to it......

Exactly.

Jimmy Wilkerson is the man.....

RealSNR
05-11-2006, 07:46 PM
Who is the young player you speak of?

Wilkerson can't even unseat Hicks. Hall was signed to a ONE year deal and Allen has the other side wrapped up.Wilkerson is a great DL for the rotation. He can pretty much play any of the positions and usually doesn't suck THAT bad. No worse than anyone else on the Dline.

beavis
05-11-2006, 08:16 PM
There won't be any June 1 cuts this year, for any team.

The whole CBA process made it so that teams wouldn't need June 1.
How's that? Just with the extra cap space?

Halfcan
05-11-2006, 08:39 PM

You can't go cutting guys just because you don't like them-lol

milkman
05-11-2006, 09:18 PM

I acn't believe it took 20 posts before someone suggested Scanlon.

jspchief
05-11-2006, 09:25 PM
The June 1st date has no meaning this year.

In previous years, waiting until June 1st allowed you to spread the cap hit over two years. But this year, during CBA negotiations, they essentially moved that date up to March.

So there's no reason for teams to wait until June 1st. When they decide to cut someone, they can just cut them. That date holds no significance.

greg63
05-11-2006, 09:28 PM

BLASPHEMY I SAY!

el borracho
05-11-2006, 09:45 PM
Well, cut him again just to make sure.

Oh, and cut Woods, too.

el borracho
05-11-2006, 09:52 PM
The difference is, there are some players at that position(safety), who warrant making space for. Again, I ask, who is this BACK-UP, that allows us to kick Hicks off the team?
J. Allen, T. Hali, C. Hall, J. Wilkerson and maybe E. Freeman. Hicks is nothing special. We can do without him.

NJ Chief Fan
05-11-2006, 09:56 PM
cut that arrogant pos rb we have that guy that keeps throwin up his hands after his tds :)

picasso
05-12-2006, 12:02 AM
1. Greg Wesley - He screwed up a lot last year
2. Dewayne Washington - subpar
3. Jerome Woods - Has been & wants out
4. William Bartee - non talent always has been
5. Rich Scanlon - Maybe kept as a special teamer
6. Junior Siavii - underachiever
7. Eric Hicks - out to pasture no potential growth
All of these guys will be gone IMO

el borracho
05-12-2006, 02:45 AM
Our DTs = R. Sims, J. Siavii, R. Edwards, L. Dalton, A. Dixon, J. Browning, and A. Guerrero.

Siavii is not going to be cut this season. He is young and was a high draft pick.

Our Safeties = G. Wesley, S. Knight, B. Pollard, W. Bartee, S. Connot, J. Page, J. Woods.

There is no way we cut Wesley, Woods and Bartee. That would leave us with Sammy Knight and three rookies. Won't happen.

Wile_E_Coyote
05-12-2006, 05:47 AM
ESPN shows Bartee & Washingotn as unsigned FAs. They also show Black & Wilkerson as unsigned RFAs, but I think they both re-signed with the Chiefs

ROYC75
05-12-2006, 07:18 AM

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Thanks for the morning chuckle ! :)

Hammock Parties
05-12-2006, 07:19 AM
ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Thanks for the morning chuckle ! :)

I know. Svitek will DEFINITELY be kept as a special teamer.

ct
05-12-2006, 07:22 AM

In previous years, waiting until June 1st allowed you to spread the cap hit over two years. But this year, during CBA negotiations, they essentially moved that date up to March.

So there's no reason for teams to wait until June 1st. When they decide to cut someone, they can just cut them. That date holds no significance.

3rd time this has been brought up, and still nobody cares to listen.

The Bad Guy
05-12-2006, 07:22 AM

From what I read, teams could designate two players as June 1st players and cut them at anytime to spread out the cap hit over 2 years.

The Bad Guy
05-12-2006, 07:24 AM
1. Greg Wesley - He screwed up a lot last year
2. Dewayne Washington - subpar
3. Jerome Woods - Has been & wants out
4. William Bartee - non talent always has been
6. Junior Siavii - underachiever
7. Eric Hicks - out to pasture no potential growth

Washington is a free agent.

Wesley has zero chance of being cut because we have no other FS.

ct
05-12-2006, 07:34 AM
picasso, there is no way in hell we cut all those players.

I really don't understand why it's such a big deal to everyone to cut Eric Hicks. He is a valuable asset. He works hard, doesn't slack off, and is a perfect mentor for Hali. Now, if we are going to improve, we've got to get him out of the starting lineup, but to just release the guy is stupid.

DE Allen, Hali as starters. Hicks, Hall, Wilkerson depth.
DT Sims, Edwards/Dalton as starters. Siavii and Dalton/Edwards depth.

Wilkerson and Hali can play both positions. Imagine, in an obvious passing situation, if we could line up Allen and Hall on the outside, Wilkerson and Hali on the inside, as our front 4. Sounds pretty good to me!!

jspchief
05-12-2006, 07:37 AM
From what I read, teams could designate two players as June 1st players and cut them at anytime to spread out the cap hit over 2 years.This is the first I've heard of the two player limit. If it's true, I'm not sure we cut anyone in March that we would have used one of our 2 designations on (maybe Barber).

Regardless, there's still going to be cuts. I'm just not sure the June 1st date has as much siginicance as it has in years past.

jspchief
05-12-2006, 07:39 AM

I really don't understand why it's such a big deal to everyone to cut Eric Hicks. He is a valuable asset. He works hard, doesn't slack off, and is a perfect mentor for Hali. Now, if we are going to improve, we've got to get him out of the starting lineup, but to just release the guy is stupid.

Wilkerson and Hali can play both positions. Imagine, in an obvious passing situation, if we could line up Allen and Hall on the outside, Wilkerson and Hali on the inside, as our front 4. Sounds pretty good to me!!I agree about the Hicks thing. He may not be an ideal starter, but he'd easily be the best back-up we could have at DE. Why take a big cap hit to cut him?

Amnorix
05-12-2006, 07:59 AM
June 1st is a big nothing this year. It's been much ado about nothing for a while now, and will be even moreso this year.

htismaqe
05-12-2006, 08:06 AM

Wilkerson and Hali can play both positions. Imagine, in an obvious passing situation, if we could line up Allen and Hall on the outside, Wilkerson and Hali on the inside, as our front 4. Sounds pretty good to me!!

Because this defense needs an overhaul in ATTITUDE just as much as it needs talent.

Eric Hicks is a LOSER that's content with LOSING. **** him.

Wile_E_Coyote
05-12-2006, 11:01 AM
From what I read, teams could designate two players as June 1st players and cut them at anytime to spread out the cap hit over 2 years.
my understanding is that goes into affect next year.

Teams could cut players this year after the new CBA was agreed to & have the money spread out over the next two years. This also allows those players more time to hook up with a new team before the money is all spent

Inspector
05-12-2006, 01:41 PM

They really should bring him back so they could cut him again.

Us Chiefs fans occassionally need those kind of uplifting events.

CupidStunt
05-12-2006, 02:12 PM
Wesley has zero chance of being cut because we have no other FS.

Wesley isn't a FS.

He's a square peg fitting into the round hole that is the free safety position.

He's still the 2nd best safety on the roster by a large margin, even if it is purely by default, and that's why he won't be cut, but instead the starting free safety.

Hammock Parties
05-13-2006, 03:02 AM
Wesley isn't a FS.

And Jerome Woods is?

I'd rather have Greg out there.

Logical
05-13-2006, 03:36 AM
Because it's smart to pay a backup starter money........when there's a salary cap.Although I agree with you, we have 9 mil in unused cap space with him, it's not like I expect them to do something when the exta cap space is freed up. If Carlos or Wilkerson cannot step up I expect them to keep him around for depth.

Logical
05-13-2006, 03:46 AM
And Jerome Woods is?

I'd rather have Greg out there.Sad thing is the only true Free Safety we have is Battle and they won't play him there.

Rausch
05-13-2006, 03:51 AM
And Jerome Woods is?

He WAS...

I'd rather have Greg out there.

Agreed...

LiL stumppy
05-13-2006, 11:44 AM
Bullshit.

Eric Hicks is the guy that couldn't shut his ****ing mouth. Every week he said we'd play better and we didn't. Instead of being ashamed of it, he was one of the guys that could "handle being 1 and 3".

**** Eric Hicks.

So you would rather him say,were gonna get our asses handed to us this week? :hmmm: Yea,then he would be a way better football player.

htismaqe
05-13-2006, 04:09 PM
So you would rather him say,were gonna get our asses handed to us this week? :hmmm: Yea,then he would be a way better football player.

No, I'd rather his mouth not write checks his ass can't cash.

He should have either backed up his words or shut the **** up.

ChiefaRoo
05-14-2006, 01:00 PM
Because this defense needs an overhaul in ATTITUDE just as much as it needs talent.

I don't think he's a loser he's just not a very good leader and he only has marginal talent and is beginning to age. Hicks could be an ok backup where he can stay fresh.

banyon
05-14-2006, 01:05 PM

AMEN :clap:

LiL stumppy
05-14-2006, 01:12 PM
Anybody who steps up and trys to be a leader or trys to win belongs on a team.A team can't win games without leadership.And as far as I know,know one else in a Chiefs uniform has steped up to become a leader.

milkman
05-14-2006, 01:22 PM
Anybody who steps up and trys to be a leader or trys to win belongs on a team.A team can't win games without leadership.And as far as I know,know one else in a Chiefs uniform has steped up to become a leader.

Leadership is not only the responsibilty of speaking for the unit.

It also requires performance that inspires others.

Hicks tried to take on the mantle of leadership, but his on field performance was far from inspiring.

Lacking that, he was just a dumbass with foot in mouth disease.

htismaqe
05-14-2006, 01:31 PM
Leadership is not only the responsibilty of speaking for the unit.

It also requires performance that inspires others.

Hicks tried to take on the mantle of leadership, but his on field performance was far from inspiring.

Lacking that, he was just a dumbass with foot in mouth disease.

Yep.