PDA

View Full Version : LJ on the cover of upcoming ESPN magazine (May 22nd issue)

FloridaMan88
05-11-2006, 10:29 PM
http://espn-att.starwave.com/i/insider/insiderMagIndex/mag_05222006.jpg

Simplex3
05-11-2006, 10:30 PM
At least it isn't SI. :shake:

greg63
05-11-2006, 10:31 PM
Do you think he'll start? :rolleyes:

Rausch
05-11-2006, 10:37 PM
I hear Larry Coyer is an insomniac...

NJ Chief Fan
05-11-2006, 10:37 PM

are you serious? dee brown clearly won the starting job last season besides i heard larry is a june 1st cut

Simplex3
05-11-2006, 10:39 PM
Is it just me or does that hat make him look like a freaking pinhead? He should pick a new line of fashions to pimp. It's going to be hard to get any "cred" while he's looking like a 4yo wearing daddy's hat.

Halfcan
05-11-2006, 10:39 PM
Sorry but that hat just looks stoopid-if you want some Cred there Pampers-turn your freakin hat around and quit acting like a thug.

He sure has run his mouth a lot-lets see if he can back it up.

Halfcan
05-11-2006, 10:41 PM
Is it just me or does that hat make him look like a freaking pinhead? He should pick a new line of fashions to pimp. It's going to be hard to get any "cred" while he's looking like a 4yo wearing daddy's hat.

LOL beat me to it. I am old school that way. Turn your hat around and pull up your freakin pants!

Hammock Parties
05-11-2006, 10:42 PM
He looks stupid.

KcMizzou
05-11-2006, 10:48 PM
He looks stupid.I agree.

And I don't mind the whole Jay-Z thing. Keep making defenses look stupid, and you can dress like Portis for all I care, LJ.

Halfcan
05-11-2006, 10:52 PM
I agree.

And I don't mind the whole Jay-Z thing. Keep making defenses look stupid, and you can dress like Portis for all I care, LJ.

Like puzzy tran Portis? You have got to be joking? We are trying to shed the "soft" image. If Pampers starts wearing a dress like Clinton and Bonds-I give up on them.

Rausch
05-11-2006, 10:53 PM

He puts up 1,600+ rushing yards the first 9 games next year and I don't care if he wears a dress and eye liner...

Halfcan
05-11-2006, 10:53 PM

ROFL Not this debate again. Herm has already named Q the starter-why do you think LJ is so mad??

NJ Chief Fan
05-11-2006, 11:09 PM
ROFL Not this debate again. Herm has already named Q the starter-why do you think LJ is so mad??

no herm told me himself its dee brown

Halfcan
05-11-2006, 11:13 PM
no herm told me himself its dee brown

Sorry, but Ty Law told me when he was in yesterday signing his Minimum league deal with incentives.

|Zach|
05-11-2006, 11:22 PM
cool picture

Taco John
05-11-2006, 11:32 PM
I hope LJ starts getting a lot of off season pub so that the rest of the world gets to know what a no class punk pretending to be street he is.

Hammock Parties
05-11-2006, 11:36 PM
I hope LJ starts getting a lot of off season pub so that the rest of the world gets to know what a no class punk pretending to be street he is.

No class?

http://www.kcchiefs.com/media/images/C32102B066CB49B8821C3340CC2F6C10.JPG?0.6964364037643195

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2005/12/07/rb_larry_johnson_a_work_of_art_on_and_off_the_field/

Taco John
05-11-2006, 11:38 PM
completely void of class. He's like a class vaccuum...

Sure-Oz
05-11-2006, 11:39 PM
:lame:

Hammock Parties

Soon he'll be flipping off the fans.

Taco John
No class?

http://www.kcchiefs.com/media/images/C32102B066CB49B8821C3340CC2F6C10.JPG?0.6964364037643195

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2005/12/07/rb_larry_johnson_a_work_of_art_on_and_off_the_field/

Oh yay. He participates in mandatory PR stuff. At least he didn't blow it off, I guess...

Sure-Oz
05-11-2006, 11:40 PM
LJ>Denver RB's

Stinger
05-11-2006, 11:40 PM

Or beating them up at an IHOP

Hammock Parties
05-11-2006, 11:41 PM
Oh yay. He participates in mandatory PR stuff. At least he didn't blow it off, I guess...

Mandatory? It's his OWN FOUNDATION.

No class?

“There’s only one goal and that’s to get Will Shields, Willie Roaf, Trent Green and those guys a change to go to the Super Bowl. That 2,000-yard stuff doesn’t bother me much and it’s not really one of my goals. If it happens, it happens and if I doesn’t I’ve got about four, five or maybe seven or eight years left in me to try to get that record. But Willie Roaf and Will Shields obviously don’t have as much time as I do to try to get to a Super Bowl ring.“

Taco John
05-11-2006, 11:41 PM

Or refusing to sign helmets of his Alma Mater because he doesn't ******* play for Penn State anymore...

Taco John
05-11-2006, 11:43 PM
How great was it when LJ lost his playbook last season because he was too busy drinking and partying to take care of it, and weeks later your offense gets blown out in Denver 10-30?

Hammock Parties
05-11-2006, 11:43 PM
Or refusing to sign helmets of his Alma Mater because he doesn't ******* play for Penn State anymore...

The two are not comparable.

You're reaching. LJ is a good guy.

Hammock Parties
05-11-2006, 11:44 PM
How great was it when LJ lost his playbook last season because he was too busy drinking and partying to take care of it, and weeks later your offense gets blown out in Denver 10-30?

I'm sure the reason we lost had nothing to do with the fact that our starting offensive tackles were out. :rolleyes:

picasso
05-11-2006, 11:44 PM
That photographer sucks ass!!! That's who I'm blaming this on. Besides everybody knows that LJ carries the ball in the other hand. You know the untucked hand that is way out there getting ready to commit a turnover. God I hope that doesn't happen this year, last year we were lucky the way he carried the ball.

Taco John
05-11-2006, 11:45 PM
The two are not comparable.

You're reaching. LJ is a good guy.

Now that he's starting he's a good guy. Don't think I didn't notice the tone of this place change on him once he started carrying the rock.

Just because he's starting doesn' mean he's magically changed into a good guy. He's still the classless a-hole who threatened his woman with a pistol. Some BS public relations foundation set up to change his image and make him more marketable and fool fanboys doesn't change that.

Hammock Parties
05-11-2006, 11:47 PM

"Pay me!"

"Trade me!"

http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/7120/javonwalker4on.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Hammock Parties
05-11-2006, 11:51 PM
Now that he's starting he's a good guy. Don't think I didn't notice the tone of this place change on him once he started carrying the rock.

Complete poppycock. LJ didn't start the first half of 2005 and people were in love with him. The forum was divided on who should be starting, Priest or LJ.

Stinger
05-11-2006, 11:52 PM
Taco seems to be

http://www.fs.fed.us/conf/images/fishing.gif

Taco John
05-11-2006, 11:52 PM
"Pay me!"

"Trade me!"

http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/7120/javonwalker4on.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

ROFL ROFL ROFL

You're going to go there in defense of the guy who got the nickname Diaper Boy because his coach was tired of listening to the guy cry about being behind one of the best runningbacks in the league at the time...

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Seriously dude... Larry Johnson didn't get the moniker Daiper boy because of the classy way he conducts himself.

Taco John
05-11-2006, 11:54 PM
Taco seems to be

http://www.fs.fed.us/conf/images/fishing.gif

People have been asking for 100 post threads... It should be entertaining watching people contort the past trying to paint suburban homeboy with a chip on his shoulder into a classy guy.

Hammock Parties
05-11-2006, 11:57 PM
ROFL ROFL ROFL

You're going to go there in defense of the guy who got the nickname Diaper Boy because his coach was tired of listening to the guy cry about being behind one of the best runningbacks in the league at the time...

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Seriously dude... Larry Johnson didn't get the moniker Daiper boy because of the classy way he conducts himself.

The facts are as follows:

Javon Walker, now a Bronco, acted in a classless manner to get to Denver.

Larry Johnson has been nothing BUT class since Diapergate. He hasn't demanded a trade (as you said he might) and he hasn't demanded a new contract (which he may deserve after racking up insane numbers).

Where is the evidence that Larry is classless? I haven't seen anything in months, and he's had countless opportunities to say something stupid.

Hammock Parties
05-11-2006, 11:59 PM
Here's another classless a-hole in Denver:

http://www.denverbroncos.com/resources/custom/Team/lelie_mug.jpg

Taco John
05-12-2006, 12:02 AM
Oh, I see... He's been classy SINCE smacking his bitch up and brandishing a pistol and creating havoc in your locker room during the peak of your upswing... Ever since then, he's been a wuvable guy.

I don't know what Javon Walker has anything to do with this. Javon hasn't threatened any women with a pistol as far as I know. Javon doesn't walk around pretending to be something he's not as far as I know.

Rausch
05-12-2006, 12:02 AM

Fine, let's say yer' right.

How's it feel to get yer pooper pushed in by a Poser?...

Hammock Parties
05-12-2006, 12:03 AM
Oh, I see... He's been classy SINCE smacking his bitch up and brandishing a pistol and creating havoc in your locker room during the peak of your upswing... Ever since then, he's been a wuvable guy.

I don't know what Javon Walker has anything to do with this. Javon hasn't threatened any women with a pistol as far as I know. Javon doesn't walk around pretending to be something he's not as far as I know.

Didn't Rod Smith once act like a classless asshole?

Didn't he clean up his act and become a model citizen?

Larry Johnson hasn't done ANYTHING classless in MONTHS.

Javon Walker's entire offseason has been about being classless.

Remove the rafter from your own eye, mother****er.

Rausch
05-12-2006, 12:03 AM

I'll take his Jim Brown-looking ass and all that comes with it...

Sure-Oz
05-12-2006, 12:04 AM
Donkeys and their fans would be blowing big loads if they had LJ as their RB.

Taco John
05-12-2006, 12:04 AM
Fine, let's say yer' right.

How's it feel to get yer pooper pushed in by a Poser?...

Probably better than witnessing only two playoff wins from my team in my lifetime...

Taco John
05-12-2006, 12:05 AM
Donkeys and their fans would be blowing big loads if they had LJ as their RB.

Eh. We'll get similar production out of our squad...

Rausch
05-12-2006, 12:06 AM
Probably better than witnessing only two playoff wins from my team in my lifetime...

You know me, I'm easy to please...

Taco John
05-12-2006, 12:07 AM
You know me, I'm easy to please...

Actually, I know you better than that... Enough to know that you're definitely not pleased.

...and I can't blame ya.

Rausch
05-12-2006, 12:08 AM
Actually, I know you better than that... Enough to know that you're definitely not pleased.

...and I can't blame ya.

As much as I'd love to beat the Dan Snyder out of Lamar it's just not in me to punch an 80 year old man...

Sure-Oz
05-12-2006, 12:09 AM
Eh. We'll get similar production out of our squad...
ahhh skeet skeet

Halfcan
05-12-2006, 12:21 AM
The facts are as follows:

Javon Walker, now a Bronco, acted in a classless manner to get to Denver.

Larry Johnson has been nothing BUT class since Diapergate. He hasn't demanded a trade (as you said he might) and he hasn't demanded a new contract (which he may deserve after racking up insane numbers).

Where is the evidence that Larry is classless? I haven't seen anything in months, and he's had countless opportunities to say something stupid.

If my stoopid team just gave up a 2nd round pick ROFL and 40 mil to a guy with a terrible attitude and a knee injury he is still rehabbing-I would keep my mouth shut. Denver had 2 first and a second and got nothing! The Brownco's are going to finish in the cellar this year.

Halfcan
05-12-2006, 12:24 AM

Javon "I need a" Walker gets his daddy to do his talking.

Halfcan
05-12-2006, 12:37 AM
"Pay me!"

"Trade me!"

You forgot "Brett called me out in the media because I am acting like TO without the talent-and now my daddy says I can never play for the Packers again"

Javon "I need a" Walker will go down as one of the Brownco's biggest mistakes! It will cost them for years. A second ROFL and 40 mil to start with!! The Rat just baited his own trap out of Denver.

Taco John
05-12-2006, 01:09 AM
Heh... That's pretty funny stuff Halfcan...

I'm more than happy to sit here knowing that my team was just the AFC West division champs, hosted the AFC Championship in Denver, drafted a very promising quarterback that many pundits consider the best prospect in years, and picked up a promising star who has already proven he's capable of playing at a high level in this league for a mere second rounder (a guy that, by the way, Carl pretended to be interested in but would never have the balls to pull the trigger).

So yeah... Laugh it up.

Rausch
05-12-2006, 01:15 AM
So yeah... Laugh it up.

Ok.

You choked at home and until yer 1st round stud matures you have no one to throw Walker the rock...

arrowhead20
05-12-2006, 01:50 AM
last time i checked, the donkos were hot and heavy on the leagues classiest guy, TO, until dallas beat you to the punch. LJ has said nothing wrong for 2 years and has just recently started even talking to reporters. the only reason he is talking is because he want to assume a leadership role on our team. all this LJ hating out of dever fans reaks of jealosy, and the only thing nasty you guys can say about him happened almost 2 years ago.

Taco John
05-12-2006, 03:05 AM
Ok.

You choked at home and until yer 1st round stud matures you have no one to throw Walker the rock...

Well, we went 13-3 with Plummer under center. He's by no means the perfect quarterback, but he's got all the heart in the world. It's been my contention at the Mane that we needed another offensive threat in order to keep up with the Steelers. Apparently Shanahan shares a similar view, because that's exactly what he did.

I don't expect KC fans to hail us as Superbowl favorites for next season. Hell, I don't even expect that from Denver fans. Right now, my team is one of the four elite teams in the AFC that has been to the playoffs in each of the last three seasons... and while we haven't exactly had a great showing in some of those games, we managed to beat the defending Superbowl Champions.

Wile_E_Coyote
05-12-2006, 05:41 AM
can't get any classier guy than Maurice Clarett

CupidStunt
05-12-2006, 05:42 AM
More class:

A guy who's labelled a diaper boy by his idiotic, ex-head coach, or a guy who pissed and moaned his way out of one team onto another.

Yup. You're a smart one.

FAX
05-12-2006, 07:38 AM
Hat. Bad.

FAX

HC_Chief
05-12-2006, 08:09 AM
Gay

jspchief
05-12-2006, 08:11 AM
Anyone that has ever spent time at the Orangemane...

Do you think you would get away with this act over there? An opposing fan going over there and clearly trolling?

You'd be banned about 10 seconds after the first post.

Taco and all you other Mange mods that claim you have the same standards can eat a bag of dicks. You know this wouldn't go on at your homer infested trash dump of a BB.

leviw
05-12-2006, 09:18 AM
That photographer sucks ass!!! That's who I'm blaming this on. Besides everybody knows that LJ carries the ball in the other hand. You know the untucked hand that is way out there getting ready to commit a turnover. God I hope that doesn't happen this year, last year we were lucky the way he carried the ball.

WTF are you talking about?

Rain Man
05-12-2006, 09:30 AM
Is Taco acting up again? Do I need to remind him about how Elway got under-the-table money to cheat on the salary cap?

Hammock Parties
05-12-2006, 09:49 AM
Is Taco acting up again? Do I need to remind him about how Elway got under-the-table money to cheat on the salary cap?

Just remind him that he didn't even make it out of the first round.

stevieray
05-12-2006, 09:59 AM

Do you think you would get away with this act over there? An opposing fan going over there and clearly trolling?

Taco and all you other Mange mods that claim you have the same standards can eat a bag of dicks. You know this wouldn't go on at your homer infested trash dump of a BB.

"same as it ever was"

Inspector
05-12-2006, 10:00 AM

Hey, that's a good point.

You should keep this in mind and bring it up from time to time. It really is an excellent comeback. :clap:

FAX
05-12-2006, 10:01 AM
Really, ESPN. This picture is horrible.

LJ looks like he's being chased by the police after robbing a sporting goods store.

FAX

Mr. Flopnuts
05-12-2006, 10:05 AM

What I went over there and posted and got banned for is NOTHING compared to what those douchebags do when they come over here. I've learned to call a spade a spade and chalk it up to "eh, whateva"

Hammock Parties
05-13-2006, 05:29 AM
Zootedgranny posted this over at WPI. I'm assuming it will fly over here as it's just a summary of the article, not the article itself:

------------------------

The article was centered around trying to find out what fuels LJ.

It opens up with him being asked who his best friends are, and LJ responding that he didn't have any, and would instead rely on his father or brother if he was in an emergency rather than teammates.

It then goes on to state that indeed he has friends, Dante & T-Rich being two of them. Last season when Priest went down, Al Saunders would ask Larry before the game what his four favorite plays are, and then would call them exclusively throughout the game, even if defenses had caught on.

Then a great quote from Larry Sr., partially explaining his son wants to feel like a warrior, and that warriors constantly fight, even if there isn't a legitimate battle to be fought.

Growing up, his parents taught him to be cautious and to "walk slow," meaning get a read on somebody before trusting them. This philosophy has been put into use in Pop Warner, college and in the NFL.

In 2004 when he wasn't getting any PT, he'd call his father for advice, and nothing seemed to help. He chalked up his lack of playing time to "politics."

A few days after he was drafted, he and his father were with Vermeil when he said Larry would be fortunate to get a 40 yard run in the NFL.

When Larry continued to sit on the bench, he was convinced that it was Vermeil and Saunders not wanting him. Both Dick & Al said it was because he wasn't picking up the 17 different pass protections they use per week.

Larry thought he also sat on the bench behind Blaylock so that Dick could feature Derrick and help him get a big contract.

It got to the point where Larry didn't talk to them, and they didn't talk to him, as he was doing everything he could to be traded.

Larry Sr. kept telling Jr. he was going about everything the wrong way, but Larry kept saying he needed to play, or get out of KC.

Fast forward to 05, and Saunders flies to talk to Larry Sr., who tells Al all Larry needs is a guy to give him a few attaboys, because once he hears he's appreciated, he'll run through walls for you.

When Priest goes down and Larry starts his tear that year, Saunders follows through on Sr.'s advice, but Larry thinks it's all BS.

The article ends with a run down of what Herm expects from Larry: leadership & maturity.

Nothing inflamatory against the Chiefs as far as the current regime is concerned. I think this article didn't really explain too much that Chiefs fans hadn't already thought themselves. He just seems to find enemies purposely throughout his life, just as Priest would to help him run every time he got injured.

Taco John
05-13-2006, 06:03 AM

Tell it to Iowanian... Naptown Chief... Crazy Horse... Even GoChiefs at times... Once you empty your mangina of sand, of course...

The only thing more satisfying than watching you whine about some bogus double standard, is watching Stevie agree with you, despite neither of you having a clue what you're talking about.

You're right about one thing... If you came in talking trash like you owned the place with your first post, you'll probably get banned. But if you've integrated yourself into the community, developed friendships and rivalries with posters, and then took fair aim at one of our least classy players who happened to be posing on the cover of ESPN the Magazine posing like the Ghetto Ronald McDonald, you'll get plenty of leeway. Hell, you'll likely even get leeway on your first post in that scenario... mostly because you'd be competing with our own regulars to bust on the flavor clown.

jspchief
05-13-2006, 06:09 AM
Tell it to Iowanian... Naptown Chief... Crazy Horse... Even GoChiefs at times... Once you empty your mangina of sand, of course...

The only thing more satisfying than watching you whine about some bogus double standard, is watching Stevie agree with you, despite neither of you having a clue what you're talking about.

You're right about one thing... If you came in talking trash like you owned the place with your first post, you'll probably get banned. But if you've integrated yourself into the community, developed friendships and rivalries with posters, and then took fair aim at one of our least classy players who happened to be posing on the cover of ESPN the Magazine posing like the Ghetto Ronald McDonald, you'll get plenty of leeway. Hell, you'll likely even get leeway on your first post in that scenario... mostly because you'd be competing with our own regulars to bust on the flavor clown.Bullshit. I was there for well over a year, with 99% of my posts being purely football related. I made one comment that wasn't anywhere near that and I got banned.

You're full of shit. Period. Your entire site would be up in arms over comments like that, crying for bans. You're a f*cking troll. It's unfortunate that we put up with it because it's really gotten to the point where your occasional good post is dwarfed by the amount of trolling you do.

stevieray
05-13-2006, 08:22 AM
Bullshit. I was there for well over a year, with 99% of my posts being purely football related. I made one comment that wasn't anywhere near that and I got banned.

You're full of shit. Period. Your entire site would be up in arms over comments like that, crying for bans. You're a f*cking troll. It's unfortunate that we put up with it because it's really gotten to the point where your occasional good post is dwarfed by the amount of trolling you do.

"same as it ever was"

Hammock Parties
05-13-2006, 08:52 AM
I don't feel there's a double standard in regards to bannings.

But I do feel that they move threads from rival posters to their "romper room" at a higher rate than we do here. That's their prerogative, I guess.

The only time I was banned from the Orange Mane was for talking about an injured Bronco in an inappropriate manner. Oh, and I took the lord's name in vain. ROFL

Taco John
05-13-2006, 10:30 AM
IT wasn't that you took the Lord's name in vain. It was that you said that Jesus Christ could go **** himself right close to Christmas. Even you admitted that was pretty offensive.

Hammock Parties
05-13-2006, 10:34 AM
Even you admitted that was pretty offensive.

It was. It still makes me laugh though.

Hootie
05-13-2006, 10:35 AM
IT wasn't that you took the Lord's name in vain. It was that you said that Jesus Christ could go **** himself right close to Christmas. Even you admitted that was pretty offensive.
omg?!?! RIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS!? No way.

Taco John
05-13-2006, 10:46 AM
Bullshit. I was there for well over a year, with 99% of my posts being purely football related. I made one comment that wasn't anywhere near that and I got banned.

Hahahaha! You're so full of shit it's hilarious. Not sure why you feel you need to lie.

Why don't you name off the top of your head three topics that I've been such a troll about this offseason. Why don't you show me all of these threads that I've taken off track. Duh. Eh.. Der... There isn't much you can come up with is there? There's this one... and... and... And? The only other thing you could possibly come up with is me making an off hand comment about Herm's lack of clock management...

As far as you getting banned, I don't feel bad in the least. If someone on this board makes vulgar comments about Derrick Thomas's car wreck, they get banned... do they not? So what makes you think that when you take a shot at one of our players is sitting in the hospital on his potential death bed, the mods over there aren't going to treat you the same way? It's amusing that you'd call me out as a hypocritical troll with THAT on your record... ROFL

Pants
05-13-2006, 11:17 AM
Hahahaha! You're so full of shit it's hilarious. Not sure why you feel you need to lie.

Why don't you name off the top of your head three topics that I've been such a troll about this offseason. Why don't you show me all of these threads that I've taken off track. Duh. Eh.. Der... There isn't much you can come up with is there? There's this one... and... and... And? The only other thing you could possibly come up with is me making an off hand comment about Herm's lack of clock management...

As far as you getting banned, I don't feel bad in the least. If someone on this board makes vulgar comments about Derrick Thomas's car wreck, they get banned... do they not? So what makes you think that when you take a shot at one of our players is sitting in the hospital on his potential death bed, the mods over there aren't going to treat you the same way? It's amusing that you'd call me out as a hypocritical troll with THAT on your record... ROFL

OMFG TAOTALLY RFOL AMIRITE?