PDA

View Full Version : IT'S A MIRACLE!!!

4th and Long
05-12-2006, 08:42 AM
Paraplegic Activist Leaps From Wheelchair, Runs From Police
Police Say Woman Was Con Artist
POSTED: 6:17 am CDT May 12, 2006

SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. -- It's a miracle or a scam.

Police said a paraplegic activist for Southern California's disabled managed to leap from her wheelchair and run. ROFL

Police said Laura Lee Medley, who repeatedly filed claims and lawsuits for noncompliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, was a con artist.

A San Bernardino County spokesman, David Wert, said Medley had complained to police earlier that she was having medical problems so she was taken to a hospital for treatment.

Wert said, "That's where the great miracle occurred."

Officers said Medley, 35, leaped from her wheelchair and ran for freedom after being placed under arrest by Las Vegas police. The barefoot woman was caught after a brief pursuit.

According to authorities in Southern California, Medley was never disabled but used her supposed condition to file many medical claims and lawsuits. Her questionable claims led to the arrest in Las Vegas.

Medley's claims in California against San Bernardino County, South Pasadena and Long Beach included one allegation that a bus dropped her off near what she called a non-ADA compliant roadway, causing her wheelchair to topple over.

Last year, South Pasadena settled Medley's claim for almost $7,000.

Medley is also a fugitive with arrest warrants in Arizona for forgery and California for fraud.

Medley is in Las Vegas waiting extradition to San Bernardino, Calif., to face charges including two counts of insurance fraud.

http://www.thekansascitychannel.com/news/9204092/detail.html

JBucc
05-12-2006, 09:07 AM
ROFLI'd like to see a video of that

Rain Man
05-12-2006, 09:08 AM
Why have I never thought of this as a moneymaking idea?

Oh, yeah. Because it's stupid.

Frazod
05-12-2006, 09:14 AM
I'll bet she parked in handicapped spots, too.

F#cking bitch.

Inspector
05-12-2006, 09:16 AM
One of the houses in my neighborhood has 2 people who are always in their electric wheelchairs. They have ramps built on their front porch and all. The weird part is, they aren't handicapped, just fat.

I guess some would say being obese is a handicap, but in their case, the wheelchair is contributing to the handicap.

Demonpenz
05-12-2006, 10:54 AM
One day i thought about falling down in someones yard and trying to get money. Then if someone tries to say ? If your hurt why are you still lifting weights and running? Then i would just pull out a note that says it's to rehab my injuries

FloridaMan88
05-12-2006, 12:43 PM
Judging from her picture I'd say "she" is pulling another con on everyone, besides just the wheelchair thing.

http://cdn.news.aol.com/aolnews_photos/05/02/20060512111609990006

Rain Man
05-12-2006, 12:57 PM
One of the houses in my neighborhood has 2 people who are always in their electric wheelchairs. They have ramps built on their front porch and all. The weird part is, they aren't handicapped, just fat.

I guess some would say being obese is a handicap, but in their case, the wheelchair is contributing to the handicap.

There was a show on Discovery or TLC the other day about a guy who weighed 700 pounds. His legs weren't strong enough to hold up his weight so he had been housebound for years before the paramedics finally came and carted him off to a nursing home that specialized in treating morbidly obese people.

They then put him on a low-cal diet, but found out that his wife had brought him a bunch of bad snack foods. Then they had to explain to him that he couldn't request a hamburger from the staff. Then he died, and I felt bad for laughing about the hamburger thing.

Inspector
05-12-2006, 01:00 PM
There was a show on Discovery or TLC the other day about a guy who weighed 700 pounds. His legs weren't strong enough to hold up his weight so he had been housebound for years before the paramedics finally came and carted him off to a nursing home that specialized in treating morbidly obese people.

They then put him on a low-cal diet, but found out that his wife had brought him a bunch of bad snack foods. Then they had to explain to him that he couldn't request a hamburger from the staff. Then he died, and I felt bad for laughing about the hamburger thing.

And yet another hamburger related death..

WHEN IS IT GOING TO STOP?????

Scaga
05-12-2006, 01:04 PM
Nevermind....

I thought this was about GoChiefs having sex (with another person)

4th and Long
05-12-2006, 01:24 PM
Nevermind....

I thought this was about GoChiefs having sex (with another person)
Ya know, I never thought I'd say this but, after being here 2 and 1/2 years, that joke is really starting to wear thin.

JBucc
05-12-2006, 01:26 PM
Ya know, I never thought I'd say this but, after being here 2 and 1/2 years, that joke is really starting to wear thin.OMG 4th has never had sex with a woman either!

chagrin
05-12-2006, 01:30 PM
I would like to see the extremists defense of this

Scaga
05-12-2006, 01:32 PM
Ya know, I never thought I'd say this but, after being here 2 and 1/2 years, that joke is really starting to wear thin.

Yeah...I know...
But that probably won't stop most of the comments.

I guess I could start a couple more f'n Ty Law threads!

Dave Lane
05-12-2006, 01:58 PM
All you non believers better get right with the lord obviously she has been watching the 700 club and was cured! Now that I think of it thats a much better scam hmmmmm

Dave

chagrin
05-12-2006, 02:01 PM
Judging from his picture I'd say "she" is pulling another con on everyone, besides just the wheelchair thing.

http://cdn.news.aol.com/aolnews_photos/05/02/20060512111609990006

I agree

4th and Long
05-12-2006, 02:20 PM
OMG 4th has never had sex with a woman either!
If things happen, as I believe they have/are going to happen, I will be making an announcement regarding this very thing in a few short weeks.