PDA

View Full Version : Tool Concert Report Please

Fish
05-12-2006, 10:27 AM
So I take it the Tool concert was a good one?

Someone please advise..... and preferably someone who wasn't tripping balls....?

DMAC
05-12-2006, 10:28 AM
Good luck getting info then.

StcChief
05-12-2006, 03:03 PM
They sucked a$$. Don't waste your money

DMAC
05-12-2006, 03:22 PM
They sucked a$$. Don't waste your moneyMy CD collection consists of everything in your sig. All I listen to is classic rock. With one exception...TOOL.

and 311 on warm sunny happy days or when i go canoeing.

StcChief
05-13-2006, 10:13 AM
My CD collection consists of everything in your sig. All I listen to is classic rock. With one exception...TOOL.

and 311 on warm sunny happy days or when i go canoeing.
My son has Tool/ 311, I listened and didn't really get into it.

DMAC
05-13-2006, 10:43 AM
My son has Tool/ 311, I listened and didn't really get into it.311 is definately an aquired taste.

But I just wanted you to know I hate all that new prog rock and metal stuff. That my favorites are all the classic stuff, my favorite band is Pink Floyd. You really need to listen to TOOL alot to let them sink in.

If you are a fan of classic rock I think you would like 10,000 Days, but maybe not their other releases. Give it a shot, it is a masterpeice...and that's from a classic rock fan's perspective.

58-4ever
05-14-2006, 10:29 AM
Maynard messed up a few times. The sound was OK. I heard that Danny Carey said the crowd was unbelievable, but it was their worst show on the tour so far.

Nightwish
05-14-2006, 11:40 AM
They sucked a$$. Don't waste your moneyThough this may have been meant tic, I have actually heard that about their live performances from several people who have seen them live. They say that they are pretty blah live, and that Danny Carrey is about the only thing worth seeing in a live Tool show. Some bands just can't come close on stage to what they produce in the studio.

sedated
05-15-2006, 03:50 PM
Someone please advise..... and preferably someone who wasn't tripping balls....?

well...I guess I don't qualify, but I'll give thoughts anyway.

Fuggin Amazing.

Best $66.66 I've ever spent.

(despite the post above me) The new stuff was much better in person than on the album.

And they played every good song from Lataralus, even played AEnima (the crowd went totally apesh!t) and Sober. They never play Sober.

There were a few fugg-ups. Carey fugged up his drums and had to get it fixed in the middle of a song.

But Maynard is without a doubt the best front-man in music. You can't take your eyes off of him.

Reaper16
05-15-2006, 04:33 PM
The new stuff was much better in person than on the album.

:drool:

Nightwish
05-16-2006, 12:22 AM
(despite the post above me) The new stuff was much better in person than on the album.As I said, I've not seem them live myself (nor am I especially interested in doing so), though I have heard a live CD, which wasn't terribly impressive. It didn't suck, it just didn't stand out. I'm just going on what several people who have seen them have said of the experience. I guess even the worst live bands are bound to put a decent show together once in awhile.

sedated
05-16-2006, 11:50 AM
As I said, I've not seem them live myself (nor am I especially interested in doing so), though I have heard a live CD, which wasn't terribly impressive. It didn't suck, it just didn't stand out. I'm just going on what several people who have seen them have said of the experience. I guess even the worst live bands are bound to put a decent show together once in awhile.

or vice-versa.

I've never liked live albums, the sound quality has always sucked.

but this is the 3rd Tool show I've been to, and they were all amazing.

This one was more of a "rock" show, they played all the popular stuff without a lot of the long intros and stuff.

The previous ones were more psychodelic. Longer, more mello songs. They were in bigger venues, so they had more video boards. Better for the hallucinogens

Halfcan
05-16-2006, 08:00 PM
Better for a hallucinogens?-sure you even went to the concert?

sedated
05-17-2006, 10:03 AM
Better for a hallucinogens?-sure you even went to the concert?

:hmmm:

uh...yeah.

or I had one great trip.