PDA

View Full Version : Question from Verizon users out there.

Frankie
05-14-2006, 05:07 PM
Have you been experiencing a lot of "lost signal" in the last few months? It's freaking frustrating when I lose signal in the middle of a conversation. :banghead: Especially when it happens repeatedly.

Phobia
05-14-2006, 05:10 PM
I don't. I had it happen once a couple days ago for the first time in over a year of being a Verizon subscriber.

StcChief
05-14-2006, 05:15 PM
Signal issue around STL caused me to bail in 2002
on to Nextel.

Frankie
05-14-2006, 05:17 PM
I don't. I had it happen once a couple days ago for the first time in over a year of being a Verizon subscriber.
I do have a rather abused phone. Has fallen out of the holster plenty of times. But it seems to keep on ticking. I suspected it might be my phone, untill my nephew who has a new phone complained about losing calls too.

BTW, I've been with Verizon about as long as you.

JBucc
05-14-2006, 05:21 PM
Switch to Cingular Wireless for the fewest dropped calls, and no, Cingular didn't say that, the leading research company did.

htismaqe
05-14-2006, 05:28 PM
You don't happen to have a Motorola Razr do you?

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=140763

Phobia
05-14-2006, 05:57 PM
My phone gets beat up as much as any other. I really like Verizon in the KC area. Sprint rocks in Houston. It totally blows in KC>

recxjake
05-14-2006, 06:01 PM
Switch to Cingular Wireless for the fewest dropped calls, and no, Cingular didn't say that, the leading research company did.

I left Cingular and went to Verizon because of all the dropped calls i was getting! Verizon has been so much better than Cingular.... Every single month we would have to call cingular to fix somthing they did wrong on the bill.... they are complete idiots

Valiant
05-14-2006, 07:22 PM
I do have a rather abused phone. Has fallen out of the holster plenty of times. But it seems to keep on ticking. I suspected it might be my phone, untill my nephew who has a new phone complained about losing calls too.

BTW, I've been with Verizon about as long as you.

Have you done any software updates on your phone lately.. Used to have dropped calls all the time on my first one until software update...

Dunit35
05-14-2006, 07:25 PM

Ha, that was only the Feb. shipment of them. My dumbass just happened to by one at that time.

RealSNR
05-14-2006, 07:26 PM
Haven't had any problems with verizon whatsoever.

Problems with my phone, yes, but no problems with service

milkman
05-14-2006, 07:38 PM
I've been with Verizon for years, and never had any issues.

Frankie
05-14-2006, 07:58 PM

No. I have LG. But like I said. It's been rather abused.

Frankie
05-14-2006, 08:00 PM
Have you done any software updates on your phone lately.. Used to have dropped calls all the time on my first one until software update...
How's that done? :redface:

NJ Chief Fan
05-14-2006, 08:03 PM
Have you been experiencing a lot of "lost signal" in the last few months? It's freaking frustrating when I lose signal in the middle of a conversation. :banghead: Especially when it happens repeatedly.

could it be your phone :shrug:

also you should try dialing *228 and then wait for option 2...that upgrades your phone service and its air time free

rad
05-14-2006, 08:16 PM
No issues with mine.

beavis
05-14-2006, 08:28 PM
I left Cingular and went to Verizon because of all the dropped calls i was getting! Verizon has been so much better than Cingular.... Every single month we would have to call cingular to fix somthing they did wrong on the bill.... they are complete idiots
I've heard nothing but bad things about Cingular. It's frustrating as hell calling anyone I know that uses them, because I can pretty much count on them either breaking up or getting dropped completely during the course of the conversation.

I've never understood the complaints with Sprint in KC. I never have a problem with dropped calls.

Frankie
05-15-2006, 12:04 PM
could it be your phone :shrug: I'm trying to find out. That's why I'm asking you guys if you have problems too.

also you should try dialing *228 and then wait for option 2...that upgrades your phone service and its air time freeI've done that. Didn't help.

SLAG
05-15-2006, 12:50 PM
I left Verizon for Sprint.. left Sprint for Cingular and Left Cingular for Nextel... I have never been more happy with my cell service than with nextel..

Verizon=Nazi's

htismaqe
05-15-2006, 12:51 PM
I left Verizon for Sprint.. left Sprint for Cingular and Left Cingular for Nextel... I have never been more happy with my cell service than with nextel..

Verizon=Nazi's

Nextel=Sprint.

SLAG
05-15-2006, 12:59 PM
Nextel=Sprint.
Nextel= iDEN side of Sprint
Sprint= CDMA

BTW.. those Defective razor's were for GSM users only.. not Verizon CDMA

htismaqe
05-15-2006, 01:00 PM
Nextel= iDEN side of Sprint
Sprint= CDMA

For now.

SLAG
05-15-2006, 01:03 PM
For now.

Nextel's iDEN contract is through 2010... after that they may renew... Rumors were stating that after 2010 the iDEN network would go to the government for Offical use but those have been confirmed as false,

the Plan is by 2010 to have all sprint/nextel users using phones that are CDMA for voice EVDO for Data IDEN for PTT, We are also waiting on the release of Q-CHAT to see where that takes us... Q-CHAT supposedly will allow nextel users to PTT Sprint Ready link Users.. its going to get real interesting

Iowanian
05-15-2006, 01:06 PM
Maybe People just get tired of hearing your babble on the phone too and hang up?

Maybe Verison phones are running off the same server as Chiefplan....The server is busy.....

dj56dt58
05-15-2006, 01:06 PM
Cingular has been aweful too. Is there any reliable cell phone company out there?

htismaqe
05-15-2006, 01:07 PM
Nextel's iDEN contract is through 2010... after that they may renew... Rumors were stating that after 2010 the iDEN network would go to the government for Offical use but those have been confirmed as false,

the Plan is by 2010 to have all sprint/nextel users using phones that are CDMA for voice EVDO for Data IDEN for PTT, We are also waiting on the release of Q-CHAT to see where that takes us... Q-CHAT supposedly will allow nextel users to PTT Sprint Ready link Users.. its going to get real interesting

After working in this business for a while now, I can say with a pretty fair amount of confidence that they won't maintain two networks indefinitely. Once they get features/functionality ported, they'll merge the networks...

Uncle_Ted
05-15-2006, 04:57 PM
I'm trying to find out. That's why I'm asking you guys if you have problems too.

I've done that. Didn't help.

Take it into the Verizon store and have them do it there ... did that last week and the service guy told me it's not the same thing as doing the "over the air" update.