PDA

View Full Version : Law not scheduled to visit

tyton75
05-14-2006, 08:34 PM
Its not great news, but at least its FOOTBALL news demmit!

*and I don't know if its a repost or not, too lazy to check*

Chiefs | Law not scheduled to visit
Sun, 14 May 2006 13:18:52 -0700

Rick Dean, of the Topeka Capital-Journal, reports free agent CB Ty Law (Jets) is not scheduled to visit with the Kansas City Chiefs this week, according to head coach Herman Edwards. Edwards said, "That's the fish story. It was a guppie in Boston and now it's the white whale in Kansas City. By the time it gets to California it will be Jaws. He's not scheduled to come here based on what I know."

Hootie
05-14-2006, 08:35 PM
Yay.

hypersensitiveZO6
05-14-2006, 08:38 PM
Maybe a week of no law threads after this one

recxjake
05-14-2006, 08:40 PM
I think a year from now we will all be saying thank god we didnt sign law

Hootie
05-14-2006, 08:41 PM
why would we say that a year from now?

I can't think of one reason why I'd say that.

If we win the super bowl, Law won't even be one of my concerns if he wasn't on the team.

If we don't win the super bowl, somehow I can only imagine how many 'we should've signed Law' threads...

Either way, I doubt anyone will look back and be glad Law wasn't a Chief...unless we sign him and he's a bust.

BigRock
05-14-2006, 09:01 PM
I don't think a visit means much of anything one way or the other. Someone coming here doesn't mean they're going to sign, as we've seen time and again. And in Law's case, he's played for Herm and he just took the KC tour a year ago. He knows what he needs to know. They could do this one over the phone.

PastorMikH
05-14-2006, 09:06 PM
Law's not crazy. If he waits until July to sign, he won't have to go through all of the workouts and training camp.

greg63
05-14-2006, 09:16 PM

Rick Dean, of the Topeka Capital-Journal, reports free agent CB Ty Law (Jets) is not scheduled to visit with the Kansas City Chiefs this week, according to head coach Herman Edwards. Edwards said, "That's the fish story. It was a guppie in Boston and now it's the white whale in Kansas City. By the time it gets to California it will be Jaws. He's not scheduled to come here based on what I know."

How can this be? I was certain that he would be a Chief by now. :rolleyes:

TRR
05-14-2006, 10:42 PM
As BigRock says, Law knows what he needs to know. He knows what type of practices Herm employs, and he just took the KC tour a year ago. Bottom line, Law will go where the most guaranteed money is. It doesn't matter how close he is to Herm, or how close a team is to the Super Bowl. He'd go to the Texans if they offered him the most money.

htismaqe
05-15-2006, 05:13 AM
As BigRock and Pastor have already said, it's gonna be a while.

Look for Law to wait until July to sign anywhere...

CanadianChief
05-15-2006, 07:48 AM

I think after Chad Johnson beats Lenny Walls for three TD's in week one (from a backup QB) we'll all be saying "Why didn't we sign Ty Law"

jspchief
05-15-2006, 07:54 AM
I think after Chad Johnson beats Lenny Walls for three TD's in week one (from a backup QB) we'll all be saying "Why didn't we sign Ty Law"How many TDs did Chad Johnson have against us last year?

chop
05-15-2006, 07:57 AM
I think after Chad Johnson beats Lenny Walls for three TD's in week one (from a backup QB) we'll all be saying "Why didn't we sign Ty Law"

I hope that Surtain will be the player covering Johnson. IMO, I don't think that Walls will be out Battle for the other cb spot.

Dr. Johnny Fever
05-15-2006, 08:00 AM

In other news, I'm ready for a second cup of coffee.

htismaqe
05-15-2006, 08:11 AM
How many TDs did Chad Johnson have against us last year?

Come on. Don't let reality ruin a perfectly assinine rant...

htismaqe
05-15-2006, 08:11 AM
I hope that Surtain will be the player covering Johnson. IMO, I don't think that Walls will be out Battle for the other cb spot.

Battle is rehabbing an achilles injury. He's worried about getting back on the field at all, let alone starting...

CanadianChief
05-15-2006, 10:53 AM

I don't care about last year...we can't do anything about last year. I picked Chad Johnson because it's the Bengals in the home opener and most likely Surtain will be covering Rudi Johnson out of the backfield. I would feel alot more comfortable if Law was on the other corner covering Houzmandingo freeing up Scanlon to cover Chad one on one.

CanadianChief
05-15-2006, 10:54 AM
How many TDs did Chad Johnson have against us last year?

My response was towards this quote...not yours chop.

KCTitus
05-15-2006, 10:57 AM
Either way, I doubt anyone will look back and be glad Law wasn't a Chief...unless we sign him and he's a bust.

'unless'? Son, you need to study up.

chiefqueen
05-15-2006, 11:49 AM
Per CNNSI.com, Law may be headed back to NE.

dj56dt58
05-15-2006, 01:13 PM
We're not gonna get Law..he's gonna be just like everybody else we was supposed to sign. The Chiefs are throwing names out there to make it seem like their trying to sign somebody, then just sit back and let someone else sign them as usual