PDA

View Full Version : 3rd player indicted!

Hootie
05-15-2006, 11:59 AM
Dave Evans.

Recent Duke graduate.

!

Now I can wear my Duke LaCrosse shirt out again!!!!

It was beginning to be old news =(

alanm
05-15-2006, 12:40 PM
I think this is turning out to be a big witch hunt. MSNBC leaked out yesterday that the DNA evidence matched the strippers boyfriend and not any of the Duke kids. :shake:

FAX
05-15-2006, 12:42 PM
I just watched the public denial of the team captain, Mr. Hootie.

Very believable and compelling. I wonder what's really going on here.

FAX

nychief
05-15-2006, 12:44 PM
nifong got elected again... he should drop the ****ing case.

alanm
05-15-2006, 12:49 PM
nifong got elected again... he should drop the ****ing case.
I'm thinking this guy must of got cut or something from the lacrosse team when he was younger. ROFL

Braincase
05-15-2006, 01:07 PM
How many women after being sexually assualted feel the need to immediately go and have sex with their boyfriend? With the women I've known and their boyfriends/husbands it sometimes takes MONTHS before there is any resumption of the gumption.

I'm not saying she wasn't sexually harrassed... I'm sure she was. Kind of comes with the label "stripper", but I'm not buying into her story.

chagrin
05-15-2006, 01:08 PM
Resumption Gumption, what's your function...

Hookin up strippers and players at functions...

JBucc
05-15-2006, 01:16 PM
Resumption Gumption, what's your function...

Hookin up strippers and players at functions...you can't rhyme function with function

vailpass
05-15-2006, 01:20 PM
What these kids are being put through is criminal. I hope that lying, money-grubbing ghetto-ass stripper whore and Nifong the Politicican both get drug through the streets behind a road grader when this whole charade comes to a quick and easy "not guilty" verdict.

Frankie
05-15-2006, 01:41 PM
Why is this taking up the national News airtime? Doesn't crime of this magnitude or higher happen everyday in this country? For that matter Why is the Aruba disappearance so much more important than any other killing/kidnapping that happen daily? I'm confused.

banyon
05-15-2006, 02:07 PM
Why is this taking up the national News airtime? Doesn't crime of this magnitude or higher happen everyday in this country? For that matter Why is the Aruba disappearance so much more important than any other killing/kidnapping that happen daily? I'm confused.
Because they are rich, white kids.

Very unlike the 2000+ adults and children still missing from Katrina.

chagrin
05-15-2006, 02:15 PM
you can't rhyme function with function

That's why I added the "s" ya hamsta! Just like Vanilla Ice added that extra little bass note, you know, so it was original

BIG_DADDY
05-15-2006, 02:15 PM
How many women after being sexually assualted feel the need to immediately go and have sex with their boyfriend? .

There was that Katelyn Faber chick Kobe slipped the salami to. :shake:

She still got money out of that too. These rape victim funds out there hand thousands of dollars to any woman that just claims she was raped. If I am not mistaken Katelyn got like 17k. I am all for helping rape victims but programs like this encourage women to make faulse accusations. If the accusation can be proven faulse she should be in at least as much trouble as he would have been.

chagrin
05-15-2006, 02:18 PM
Serious question about this prosecution:

If this Nifong guy is really just not talking to the defense for publicity, which he is accused of doing, isn't he opening himself, and the city, to a HUGE ass lawsuit?

It just doesn't make sense, because if indeed the DNA doesn't match anyone, and is truly no evidence supporting the accuser, this guy is going to be broke, and the city is going to be paying those families off millions and millions, right?

Obviously I am not a legal expert, but this seems a bit silly, if the rape really didn't take place, and the DA is making shit up to look good, according to the defense...??

BIG_DADDY
05-15-2006, 02:18 PM
Because they are rich, white kids.

Very unlike the 2000+ adults and children still missing from Katrina.

Yea there was no coverage on Katrina. Some people will pull the race card on anything.

banyon
05-15-2006, 02:21 PM
Yea there was no coverage on Katrina. Some people will pull the race card on anything.

There's not anymore.

But they are still missing.

It's not really a "race card" issue. It's a "what the f*** are the MSM's priorities?" issue.

BIG_DADDY
05-15-2006, 03:17 PM
There's not anymore.

It's not really a "race card" issue. It's a "what the f*** are the MSM's priorities?" issue.

If it's not about pushing an agenda it's all about what will make people tune in or read something. The Duke case has got all the elements to keep people tuning in. Rich -vs- Poor, white vs- black, rape, interracial sex blah, blah blahhhhhhh.

banyon
05-15-2006, 03:36 PM
If it's not about pushing an agenda it's all about what will make people tune in or read something. The Duke case has got all the elements to keep people tuning in. Rich -vs- Poor, white vs- black, rape, interracial sex blah, blah blahhhhhhh.

Yeah, exactly. That attitude is an example of how the media has abandoned its public and civic responsibility in exchange for tabloid-style garbage. Greta Van Susteren is the absolute worst example of this behavior, esp wrt the Natlalee Holloway crap.

Spicy McHaggis
05-15-2006, 03:43 PM
Greta Van Susteren is the absolute worst example of this behavior, esp wrt the Natlalee Holloway crap.

Ugh. Don't even mention her. She's got to be on the list of "10 people this planet would be better without".

Hootie
05-15-2006, 03:46 PM

If this Nifong guy is really just not talking to the defense for publicity, which he is accused of doing, isn't he opening himself, and the city, to a HUGE ass lawsuit?

It just doesn't make sense, because if indeed the DNA doesn't match anyone, and is truly no evidence supporting the accuser, this guy is going to be broke, and the city is going to be paying those families off millions and millions, right?

Obviously I am not a legal expert, but this seems a bit silly, if the rape really didn't take place, and the DA is making shit up to look good, according to the defense...??
Either way...he's wasting a LOT of money.

Hootie
05-15-2006, 03:47 PM
I watched American History X last night...

Thought you guys would like to know.

You're welcome.

Reaper16
05-15-2006, 04:43 PM
I'm sick of this crap. It's pretty evident to me that the Duke kids are innocent that this is a stupid witchhunt that won't go away because of it's potential as a story.

PunkinDrublic
05-15-2006, 06:00 PM
Yeah, exactly. That attitude is an example of how the media has abandoned its public and civic responsibility in exchange for tabloid-style garbage. Greta Van Susteren is the absolute worst example of this behavior, esp wrt the Natlalee Holloway crap.

The Natalee Holloway story was a distraction story that Fox news ran last year when a lot of the press was focusing on scandals at Guantanamo and the admins role in outing Valarie Plame. Unfortunately the other cable news networks followed suit and started reporting on this non-story. Fox news will do that from time to time when there's a scandal in the administration. They'll barely report on it and then spend time drumming up outrage over a non-story.

PunkinDrublic
05-15-2006, 06:02 PM
Out of curiosity, what is the possible penalty for falsely accusing someone of rape.

Crush
05-15-2006, 06:05 PM
Out of curiosity, what is the possible penalty for falsely accusing someone of rape.

Not as severe as it should be.

alanm
05-15-2006, 06:11 PM
They had the Evans kid on espn radio this afternoon. He took a polygraph from a former FBI examiner and passed. He offered to take one for Nifongs people but they don't want to give him one.

What's up with that? :hmmm:

alanm
05-15-2006, 06:14 PM
There's not anymore.

Maybe they don't want to be found. I'd look in Houston to begin with.
I'd heard that a lot of those "Missing" are wanted by the law. :)

plbrdude
05-15-2006, 06:21 PM

even worse is that the gen. public eats this stuff up like a starvin dog.

jettio
05-15-2006, 07:08 PM

Prosecutors have very high immunity. You would have to prove some serious malice. Judges have the highest immunity, prosecutors are just below.

As for these poor innocent kids, you have to be pretty fuggin' stoopid to hire a stripper and not treat her right. The guy charged today is 23 years-old and the captain of the lacrosse team and the party was at his house.

The girl was either assaulted, be interesting to see what any toxicology tests show, or she was treated so shabbily that she decided to let these azzhole kids pay their lawyers if they did not want to pay her.

Nothing but a Fool's Paradise if you ask me.

banyon
05-15-2006, 07:29 PM
Maybe they don't want to be found. I'd look in Houston to begin with.
I'd heard that a lot of those "Missing" are wanted by the law. :)

Some of them are kids who have been "adopted" and lost, possibly to child molesters/abusers.