PDA

View Full Version : Educate yourself..............

tommykat
05-15-2006, 09:49 PM
http://www.wtv-zone.com/Mary/FEDERALRESERVE.HTML

Amazing!

Iowanian
05-15-2006, 10:00 PM
a-b-c-d-e-f-g-h-i-j

I think we should master the basics first.

Rausch
05-15-2006, 10:00 PM
The Brittish control our banking now.

I can sleep safe with that...

Lurch
05-15-2006, 10:16 PM
sdfnoaiop aopjvgr bbpmrp aqopbnfo aiaqn aindf ana afdngoaqqa x/cparo aopmaba anfo asnof cod vnr vbhierb aaibe abdie voaoei?

Comprende', biatch? (fwiw, not YOU tk)

Donger
05-15-2006, 10:17 PM
The Brittish control our banking now.

I can sleep safe with that...

Is that a very witty comment, or a spelling error?

Bearcat
05-15-2006, 10:20 PM
I'd recommend a textbook instead.

Rausch
05-15-2006, 10:30 PM
Is that a very witty comment, or a spelling error?

Middle of my keyboard is beer-sticky (but in this case adding a "T" is a nasty habit when it comes to the Lobster-backs.)

G's, H's, J's, Y's, B's, etc stick a lot.

And when I'm drinking I don't proof my posts (If I add an "L" or "S" call me out...)

:)

Donger
05-15-2006, 11:13 PM
Middle of my keyboard is beer-sticky (but in this case adding a "T" is a nasty habit when it comes to the Lobster-backs.)

G's, H's, J's, Y's, B's, etc stick a lot.

And when I'm drinking I don't proof my posts (If I add an "L" or "S" call me out...)

:)

Just curious. Most don't know this, but in one of the copies of the Declaration of Independence, they 'misspelled' the word British as 'Brittish.'

Nor have We been wanting in attentions to our Brittish brethren.

greg63
05-15-2006, 11:17 PM
a-b-c-d-e-f-g-h-i-j

2+2=4

Simplex3
05-15-2006, 11:56 PM
...and the IRS is a trust located in Puerto Rico, but unless that dimwit with the yellow panties on American Idol says it Americans won't pay any attention.

teedubya
05-16-2006, 07:10 AM
Mayer Amschel Rothschild has one of the most interesting stories of them all... he truly hosed teh King of France, embezzled 4-5 million dollars in the end of 1700's and set up 5 banks, each ran by one of his sons.

The banks then began to fund both sides of wars. Causing mass havoc.

jidar
05-16-2006, 07:53 AM
What a gross oversimplification. The Federal Reserve banking system is independent because it must be. Economic health and growth should not be subject to the whim of politics, and that is the point of the Federal Reserve system. If it were a government entity, every politician would be trying to manipulate it for personal and political gain. At the very least every president would be trying to keep rates low to stimulate economic growth and employment, but this would in turn cause out of control inflation in the long term.

That said the Federal Reserve isn't completely autonomous. They give full reports of financial and market activity to congress bi-annually, and the board and it's members are appointed by the president and must be approved by a vote in the senate. Further they have to adhere to set of laws that are designed to provide financial stability to the system.

The system is fairly complex, but has been hugely successful. The federal reserve banking system is a large part why this country is so far ahead.

Rain Man
05-16-2006, 07:59 AM
a-b-c-d-e-f-g-h-i-j

Let's hold off on that until we get the new 27th letter inserted.

BucEyedPea
05-16-2006, 08:04 AM
What a gross oversimplification. The Federal Reserve banking system is independent because it must be. Economic health and growth should not be subject to the whim of politics, and that is the point of the Federal Reserve system. If it were a government entity, every politician would be trying to manipulate it for personal and political gain. At the very least every president would be trying to keep rates low to stimulate economic growth and employment, but this would in turn cause out of control inflation in the long term.
That was the reason given for it's implementation, but I think a closer look is still needed. You've just given the same power to a different group. For one thing, if Congress (and the people) just followed the Constitution,that alone, would put limits on what they do. And if the people they govern, knew that document better, they wouldn't get away with what they do. But money corrupts us all. In the end we get the leaders we deserve. This is why democracies have the shortest lifespans in history.

Mark M
05-16-2006, 10:44 AM
Anyone else find the humor in someone who barely has command of the English language trying to understand the Federal Reserve system?

MM
~~ROFL ROFL ROFL

(j/k, tk -- FOOOO CHIT!)

ct
05-16-2006, 11:05 AM
FairTax (http://www.fairtax.org/)

Simplex3
05-16-2006, 11:13 AM
FairTax (http://www.fairtax.org/)
Don't try and confuse the issue by showing a simple solution to a simple problem. There's a massive govt. agency to protect. Er, well, Ok, it isn't a govt agency. It's a trust run out of Puerto Rico with no authority to operate in States of the Union, but that's beside the point.

ct
05-16-2006, 01:56 PM
Don't try and confuse the issue by showing a simple solution to a simple problem. There's a massive govt. agency to protect. Er, well, Ok, it isn't a govt agency. It's a trust run out of Puerto Rico with no authority to operate in States of the Union, but that's beside the point.

my mistake, I should know better by now...

BIG_DADDY
05-16-2006, 02:19 PM
If you really want to understand it read Creature From Jekyll Island.

Coach
05-16-2006, 02:21 PM
2+2=4

Brilliant!

Iowanian
05-16-2006, 02:22 PM
I find particular enjoyment that the lesson comes from an email forward link to a site that damn near causes seizures to read.

Anyone else find the humor in someone who barely has command of the English language trying to understand the Federal Reserve system?

MM
~~ROFL ROFL ROFL

(j/k, tk -- FOOOO CHIT!)

Taco John
05-16-2006, 02:23 PM
I found a video last night on this topic (http://freedomtofascism.com/trailer/trailer01_wmv.html)

Boozer
05-16-2006, 02:26 PM

Please tell me you don't actually believe that shit. ROFL

EDIT* I understand why people are so eager to believe that the tax collection system is illegitimate, and might be more willing to believe dubious sources because they like what they hear, but for future reference, the Tax Protester FAQ (http://evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html) will help you from being duped by loonies.

Bearcat
05-16-2006, 02:35 PM
but has been hugely successful. The federal reserve banking system is a large part why this country is so far ahead.

I wasn't about to complicate the thread with facts, but this is the bottom line... when you can take something as complicated as the money supply and have the end result be years and years of a stable economy/inflation rate....

teedubya
05-16-2006, 05:37 PM
If you really want to understand it read Creature From Jekyll Island.

Yes. A very good book on the subject, however VERY hard to find in print... there are some used on Amazon...