PDA

View Full Version : The Tramp Stamp

Simplex3
05-16-2006, 12:47 AM
ROFL

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,194732,00.html

Morel said that his business averages between seven and nine clients a week seeking to get an Asian-language tattoo removed. Of those, he said, five or six typically complain that their tattoo was mistranslated or didn’t say what they originally thought it did. Many got their tattoos in the mid-‘90s and tired of the fad, he said.

And Morel predicts the next big tattoo fad people will want off.

"It's like the lower-back tattoo — the tramp stamp — probably will be."

Demonpenz
05-16-2006, 12:53 AM
what about the fag badge wire tatoo around the arm?

Simplex3
05-16-2006, 12:54 AM
what about the Rump Ranger badge wire tatoo around the arm?
You're going to have to come up with a better name. Something with two words that rhyme.

greg63
05-16-2006, 12:54 AM
ROFLROFLROFL

She thought it said "blood and guts," but it really said "blood and intestines." He thought it said "rock 'n' roll," but it really said "to sway and to roll."

Simplex3
05-16-2006, 12:55 AM
ROFLROFLROFL
Is that you?

luv
05-16-2006, 12:57 AM
Why do people always say "one drunken night"? Every place I have ever gone in search of tattoos strictly forbids you from having drank any alcoholic beverages so long before getting a tattoo. Alcohol thins the blood, and you bleed when you get a tattoo.

Demonpenz
05-16-2006, 12:58 AM
think about what word changes when you type it in to rump ranger. it rhymes with sag and it starts with an F and it means to **** guys.

greg63
05-16-2006, 12:58 AM
Is that you?

No; absolutely not.

Simplex3
05-16-2006, 12:59 AM
think about what word changes when you type it in to rump ranger. it rhymes with sag and it starts with an F and it means to **** guys.
I got that, but it doesn't rhyme with "badge wire tatoo around the arm". Therefore it isn't funny. :shrug:

greg63
05-16-2006, 01:00 AM
Why do people always say "one drunken night"? Every place I have ever gone in search of tattoos strictly forbids you from having drank any alcoholic beverages so long before getting a tattoo. Alcohol thins the blood, and you bleed when you get a tattoo.

That's why I don't get one; I'm afraid I'll lose all my Cherokee blood. :D

Demonpenz
05-16-2006, 01:01 AM
ohs no's your right. Me no smart. me dumb

Simplex3
05-16-2006, 01:02 AM
For the same reason they look to their employer for health insurance, their govt. for morality laws....

It's just another way to get around being responsible for your actions.

Simplex3
05-16-2006, 01:04 AM
ohs no's your right. Me no smart. me dumb
We could call it the "ef-aye-gee tag".

luv
05-16-2006, 01:06 AM
I admit I have the Chinese symbols for Destiny tattooed above my right shoulder blade. However, I looked this up on several sites and in books. I was the one who took the symbols to the artist. I know what I have written is what I want it to say.

luv
05-16-2006, 01:08 AM
We could call it the "ef-aye-gee tag".
I thought that was that thing on the back of some of guys dress shirts? We used to walk up, pull on it, and say "Fag tag."

greg63
05-16-2006, 01:08 AM
Gotta go.

Nite Planet!

Simplex3
05-16-2006, 01:11 AM
I thought that was that thing on the back of some of guys dress shirts? We used to walk up, pull on it, and say "Fag tag."
Then you come up with something better to help Demonpenz. I'm tired. I'm going to bed.

:)

Rausch
05-16-2006, 02:09 AM
Engrish is a mudder fugger...

greg63
05-16-2006, 06:13 AM
Engrish is a mudder fugger...

ROFLROFL

German is easier. :D

Dartgod
05-16-2006, 06:39 AM
For the same reason they look to their employer for health insurance....

It's just another way to get around being responsible for your actions.Help me understand this. You consider employer paid health insurance to be not taking responsibility for your own actions? Do you pay for your own health care? I'm not sure I get it.

StcChief
05-16-2006, 06:58 AM
"It's like the lower-back tattoo — the tramp stamp — probably will be."

I just called them the "Butt hat".

Simplex3
05-16-2006, 08:31 AM
Help me understand this. You consider employer paid health insurance to be not taking responsibility for your own actions? Do you pay for your own health care? I'm not sure I get it.
Yes, I shop for and purchase my own health care. That way I get a plan that works for my family rather than one that works into the budget of my employer. My employer can cut back benefits all they want and I never feel it. I can also switch jobs with impugnity and never risk being without healthcare. I don't have to consider the health plan that potential employers may have to determine if the doctors/hospitals we use are in it.

In my world when you look to someone other than yourself to take care of one of your basic needs you're passing on responsibility that should be yours.

luv
05-16-2006, 11:18 AM
Yes, I shop for and purchase my own health care. That way I get a plan that works for my family rather than one that works into the budget of my employer. My employer can cut back benefits all they want and I never feel it. I can also switch jobs with impugnity and never risk being without healthcare. I don't have to consider the health plan that potential employers may have to determine if the doctors/hospitals we use are in it.

In my world when you look to someone other than yourself to take care of one of your basic needs you're passing on responsibility that should be yours.
So, because someone chooses to purchase the health insurance their company provides, they are shirking responsibility? Mine works just fine for me. I've looked around. With the company paying half of the premium, I can't find cheaper health insurance on my own. And I don't plan on switching jobs anytime soon. Maybe, once I get married and have a family, I might re-evaluate my options.

Simplex3
05-16-2006, 11:23 AM
So, because someone chooses to purchase the health insurance their company provides, they are shirking responsibility? Mine works just fine for me. I've looked around. With the company paying half of the premium, I can't find cheaper health insurance on my own. And I don't plan on switching jobs anytime soon. Maybe, once I get married and have a family, I might re-evaluate my options.
It's "cheaper", huh? I hear that excuse a lot. When I take a job I simple tell them I won't be signing up for their benefits package, but I expect to be paid the money they would have spent on it. It's a win/win for both of us. They don't have to worry about non-performance based increases (insurance rates go up every year by way more than your raise) and I don't have to care if they decide to reduce benefits.

If you've shopped around and found that your employer's plan is the best deal then at least you considered other options. That's a step forward.

StcChief
05-16-2006, 11:28 AM

What I find as a consultant. Perm employees take the cheap premium for granted, but Bitch about their lower salary. As they are lumped into an employee plan takes into account...other employees having baby, sick kids, smokers, etc. Which if your mix of employees has alot of those
issue, the plan goes up because of the claims....

The were appalled when I told them I paid $500 month for a family plan
and employer paid the other $250/mo when I was married. Thats 6K year out of pocket for BCBS.
Yeah but contractor make 25-30% more than they did, and got paid for all overtime.

I still bitch about the cost and want multi-state bargaining power in your industry so small firms can get better rates. Pool with like firms
and weed out the high cost insuranced employees.

luv
05-16-2006, 11:30 AM
It's "cheaper", huh? I hear that excuse a lot. When I take a job I simple tell them I won't be signing up for their benefits package, but I expect to be paid the money they would have spent on it. It's a win/win for both of us. They don't have to worry about non-performance based increases (insurance rates go up every year by way more than your raise) and I don't have to care if they decide to reduce benefits.

If you've shopped around and found that your employer's plan is the best deal then at least you considered other options. That's a step forward.
Did I say our premium was cheaper? No. Our premium is higher. With the company paying half of it though, that makes it cheaper for me. What doesn't seem to be sinking in here is that the insurance they provide works for me. It would be a different story if it didn't.

Why on earth would a company pay you for not taking their insurance? Where I work, it's the employee's choice on whether they want to participate. It's not part of their pay. What I mean by that is that we hire hourly employees. If they want to start having it deducted from their pay, then fine. If not, fine. I realize you're probably probably salaried. I, however, am hourly.

luv
05-16-2006, 11:38 AM
Hmmm...from tattoos to health insurance. Considering insurance doesn't cover the cost of getting a tattoo, I'd say we've gotten off on a tangent.

greg63
05-16-2006, 11:42 AM
Hmmm...from tattoos to health insurance. Considering insurance doesn't cover the cost of getting a tattoo, I'd say we've gotten off on a tangent.

Here; on the Planet? Nooooooo! :D

Simplex3
05-16-2006, 11:42 AM
Did I say our premium was cheaper? No. Our premium is higher. With the company paying half of it though, that makes it cheaper for me. What doesn't seem to be sinking in here is that the insurance they provide works for me. It would be a different story if it didn't.
Do you really think you aren't paying that other half too? Just because they don't show it on your pay stub doesn't mean they don't calculate that against what you cost the company, meaning it's less money they can assign in salary or bonuses.

Why on earth would a company pay you for not taking their insurance? Where I work, it's the employee's choice on whether they want to participate. It's not part of their pay. What I mean by that is that we hire hourly employees. If they want to start having it deducted from their pay, then fine. If not, fine. I realize you're probably probably salaried. I, however, am hourly.
I get paid in lots of different ways. Hourly, per project, "salary" so to speak, and probably more I can't think of. I simply show up and negotiate my employment. I tell them that the usual numbers they put on people when trying to determine the company's out-of-pocket expense for me won't wash because I won't be signing up for any benefits. In return for that I expect them to move that money into my wages, and probably a little more. It makes sense for them because they don't wind up, in effect, giving me a raise just because premiums went up (whether or not I was deserving of a raise that year).

luv
05-16-2006, 11:49 AM
Do you really think you aren't paying that other half too? Just because they don't show it on your pay stub doesn't mean they don't calculate that against what you cost the company, meaning it's less money they can assign in salary or bonuses.

I get paid in lots of different ways. Hourly, per project, "salary" so to speak, and probably more I can't think of. I simply show up and negotiate my employment. I tell them that the usual numbers they put on people when trying to determine the company's out-of-pocket expense for me won't wash because I won't be signing up for any benefits. In return for that I expect them to move that money into my wages, and probably a little more. It makes sense for them because they don't wind up, in effect, giving me a raise just because premiums went up (whether or not I was deserving of a raise that year).
You're going to walk into a place of employment that starts at, say, $10/hour. Everyone starts the same. You're going to say, "I'm not taking out your health insurance, so I expect to get paid $12/hour." If that was my place of employment, they'd be telling you to look elsewhere. We don't have bonuses. At least, not right now. We just got acquired by a larger company, so we will be going to their benefit package, which includes performance and quality based bonuses and incentives. Since they are larger, their insurance is also "cheaper". I think they are with BCBS. That should be pretty cool.

I just think it depends on your circumstances and work environment.

Dartgod
05-16-2006, 12:51 PM
You're way off base here. Yeah, I get my health insurance through my employer (who has a great health plan, BTW) instead of shopping for my own. I choose my own doctor and it works great for me.

If I was truly shirking my responsibilties, I would have no insurance and show up at the emergency room whenever I wanted and allow those health care costs to be passed on to paying customers like you.

Simplex3
05-16-2006, 12:59 PM
You're way off base here. Yeah, I get my health insurance through my employer (who has a great health plan, BTW) instead of shopping for my own. I choose my own doctor and it works great for me.

If I was truly shirking my responsibilties, I would have no insurance and show up at the emergency room whenever I wanted and allow those health care costs to be passed on to paying customers like you.
Don't get me wrong, I'd much rather have people take the employer plan than pull that stunt you describe in your final paragraph. I just feel like adding the nanny corporation to the nanny state is a very, very bad move.

RedNFeisty
05-16-2006, 01:12 PM
I actually know a girl that has a lower back tat that says "**** here" and a big solid black arrow pointing down.

I didn't say she was my friend, I just said I know a girl. :)

RedNFeisty
05-16-2006, 01:13 PM
Don't get me wrong, I'd much rather have people take the employer plan than pull that stunt you describe in your final paragraph. I just feel like adding the nanny corporation to the nanny state is a very, very bad move.

Most regular employers are not going to pay extra wage just because an employee does not want benefits; at least not blue collar employees.

sedated
05-16-2006, 01:22 PM
I actually know a girl that has a lower back tat that says "**** here" and a big solid black arrow pointing down.

I didn't say she was my friend, I just said I know a girl. :)

subtlety at its best

but I'm going to need some pictures...and a phone number...before I believe you.

KC Dan
05-16-2006, 01:22 PM
Most regular employers are not going to pay extra wage just because an employee does not want benefits; at least not blue collar employees.
Not all: I get $3000/yr to not use my company's plan

RedNFeisty
05-16-2006, 01:27 PM
subtlety at its best

but I'm going to need some pictures...and a phone number...before I believe you.

She gets paid fifty dollars to make you hollar...

She would probably even charge me to take a picture.

RedNFeisty
05-16-2006, 01:28 PM
Not all: I get $3000/yr to not use my company's plan

Sweet deal for you, but it is still rare.

Eleazar
05-16-2006, 01:31 PM
The tribal armband, the lower back tattoo, or the chinese character tattoos are about as unique as having your ears pierced.

dr00d
05-16-2006, 01:33 PM
I'd get n00b on my chest!

sedated
05-16-2006, 02:40 PM
I'd get p00p on my chest!

fixed it ;)

Predarat
05-17-2006, 09:05 AM
I like it when gals have the lower back tatoo because I like to finish in the DoggieStyle postion and it gives me somewhere to aim.

StcChief
05-17-2006, 09:14 AM
I like it when gals have the lower back tatoo because I like to finish in the DoggieStyle postion and it gives me somewhere to aim.

I guess the best girl's 'butt hat' tattoo for you is a Dart board/ Bulleyes...:whackit:

That's a hell of a 5000 post count thread. :rockon: