PDA

View Full Version : Ty Law... News/Rumor

chiefsfaninNC
05-16-2006, 02:35 PM
On my way home from work I was listening to sportstalk radio. There is a syndicated program out of Charlotte that talks about ACC, SEC, and NFL and MLB teams from the region. Cedric Maxwell is one of the commentators on the program. He is a former Boston Celtic player who grew up in NC. They were discussing free agents and he made a comment. He said, according to his sources, that the Patriots are finally going to spend some of their FA money. He said they are getting ready to spend it on TY Law. Like I said, this is more rumor than news, but he does have ties to Boston.

chiefqueen
05-16-2006, 02:38 PM
CNNSI posted this on their NFL rumors page yesterday.

chiefsfaninNC
05-16-2006, 02:52 PM
Sounds like there may be something to it then.

Clint in Wichita
05-16-2006, 02:53 PM
Great.

If any team in the NFL needs the type of help in the secondary that Law can provide, it's the Patriots. :rolleyes:

sedated
05-16-2006, 02:53 PM
:rolleyes:

SLAG
05-16-2006, 02:55 PM
Law and Warfield.... Print the Super Bowl Tickets.. the Dynasty Continues..........

Bootlegged
05-16-2006, 03:03 PM
freakin' PacMan. Was the QCB on there too?

Amnorix
05-16-2006, 03:07 PM
Law was in town a few days ago for a physical. That fact was confirmed by Law's agent.

He also went to the Titans for a physical, for whatever it's worth.

I'd be glad to sign Law. We can win without him, but I'd definitely rather have him than not.

chiefsfaninNC
05-16-2006, 03:08 PM
freakin' PacMan. Was the QCB on there too?

Not today.

ChiefsCountry
05-16-2006, 03:14 PM
Law and Warfield.... Print the Super Bowl Tickets.. the Dynasty Continues..........

That was the CB's I wanted for us last off season.

jidar
05-16-2006, 03:16 PM
I still say Warfield was better than most of the people on this board give him credit for. Drinking problems aside.

Sully
05-16-2006, 03:16 PM
Who is Ty Law?

chiefsfaninNC
05-16-2006, 03:18 PM
Who is Ty Law?

A better #2 corner than we have on the roster currently even at this stage of his career.

Rain Man
05-16-2006, 03:26 PM
Law was in town a few days ago for a physical. That fact was confirmed by Law's agent.

He also went to the Titans for a physical, for whatever it's worth.

I'd be glad to sign Law. We can win without him, but I'd definitely rather have him than not.

No fair. You already had him once.

Sully
05-16-2006, 03:29 PM
A better #2 corner than we have on the roster currently even at this stage of his career.

Never heard of him.

Calcountry
05-16-2006, 04:11 PM
Tuck Ly Faw.

TRR
05-16-2006, 06:18 PM
Law will go to the team that gives him the most money. He won't come to KC because he likes Herm, or because NE is where he played for most of his career. He'll go where the money is.

Mosbonian
05-16-2006, 06:41 PM
On my way home from work I was listening to sportstalk radio. There is a syndicated program out of Charlotte that talks about ACC, SEC, and NFL and MLB teams from the region. Cedric Maxwell is one of the commentators on the program. He is a former Boston Celtic player who grew up in NC.

I hope "Cornbread" Maxwell's commentating skills have improved since I heard him a few years back.....

m:mad:dog

chiefsfaninNC
05-16-2006, 07:16 PM
I hope "Cornbread" Maxwell's commentating skills have improved since I heard him a few years back.....

m:mad:dog

I have only been listening for a few months. It just became syndicated here in my area. The show is pretty good though. Neither Packman nor Cornbread try to spout their knowledge of all things like some hosts do. The show is pretty much controlled by the listeners and their calls. Lots of smack being thrown around. I like it better than Rome's POS show.

dj56dt58
05-16-2006, 10:53 PM
Law will go to the team that gives him the most money. He won't come to KC because he likes Herm, or because NE is where he played for most of his career. He'll go where the money is.
He'll go where the money is? He can go to KC then bc KC has the money to spend. Problem is, we have a cheap lazy son of a bitch GM that won't do jack shit with it.

**** You Carl :banghead:

htismaqe
05-17-2006, 04:54 AM
He'll go where the money is? He can go to KC then bc KC has the money to spend. Problem is, we have a cheap lazy son of a bitch GM that won't do jack shit with it.

**** You Carl :banghead:

Yeah, it's Carl's money.

StcChief
05-17-2006, 07:56 AM
Yeah, it's Carl's money.

Likely effects his bonus.

jspchief
05-17-2006, 08:01 AM
Likely effects his bonus.Yea, I'm sure he doesn't get any bonuses for play-off games or Superbowl trophies though. :rolleyes:

CupidStunt
05-17-2006, 09:23 AM
Yeah, it's Carl's money.

Any competent GM should be able to convince a senile old man to fork over some cash for an upper echelon player.

But shit, GM or owner, I don't give a rats ass. I can't wait until they're both gone and hopefully, though it may be a pipe dream, this organization can finally grow a set and begin to start taking some risks to put us over the top.

dj56dt58
05-17-2006, 09:24 AM
Yeah, it's Carl's money.
CP is the President/GM of the Kansas City Chiefs. It is his job to sign players. He has the money to do it, he just decides he'd rather not to. I never said it was his money, it's just up to him to use it. I'm not quite sure what you're getting at...

Brock
05-17-2006, 09:27 AM
CP is the President/GM of the Kansas City Chiefs. It is his job to sign players. He has the money to do it, he just decides he'd rather not to. I never said it was his money, it's just up to him to use it. I'm not quite sure what you're getting at...

You're incredibly naive if you think Carl Peterson decides how much money he actually has to spend.

dj56dt58
05-17-2006, 09:44 AM
You're incredibly naive if you think Carl Peterson decides how much money he actually has to spend.
You are incredibly stupid if you think that's what I said. He doesn't decide on how much he has to spend, but he decides on whether or not he is going to use it, and how he is going to use it. It's his job to sign players. I don't want to say it's all Carl's fault..It's up to Lamar Hunt as well. The fact is, the Chiefs have enough money to sign Ty Law, or someone else, they just refuse to sign them. That's why the Chiefs have been mediocre for as long as I can remember.

Brock
05-17-2006, 09:48 AM
You are incredibly stupid if you think that's what I said. He doesn't decide on how much he has to spend, but he decides on whether or not he is going to use it, and how he is going to use it. It's his job to sign players. I don't want to say it's all Carl's fault..It's up to Lamar Hunt as well. The fact is, the Chiefs have enough money to sign Ty Law, or someone else, they just refuse to sign them. That's why the Chiefs have been mediocre for as long as I can remember.

Oh, okay. So there is a pot of money sitting in his desk drawer, and he decides whether or not he's going to spend it. Have a good day in junior high.

jspchief
05-17-2006, 09:49 AM
You are incredibly stupid if you think that's what I said. He doesn't decide on how much he has to spend, but he decides on whether or not he is going to use it, and how he is going to use it. It's his job to sign players. I don't want to say it's all Carl's fault..It's up to Lamar Hunt as well. The fact is, the Chiefs have enough money to sign Ty Law, or someone else, they just refuse to sign them. That's why the Chiefs have been mediocre for as long as I can remember.How do you know the Chiefs/Carl have the money to spend? Just because they have the cap space, that doesn't mean Carl has the OK to use all of it. Besides, you're ignoring that the signing bonus requires cash that comes out of Lamar's account. He has the final say.

The truth is, you have no idea of the reasons we aren't getting Ty Law, so for you to sit here and make accusations is silly.

milkman
05-17-2006, 09:59 AM

No.
The Chiefs have been mediocre for as long as you can remember because they have been mediocre at drafting talent, and have been trying to fill all the holes on their roster with big time free agents, as a result.

The teams that have been consistently among the best are the ones that draft well, and only rely on second tier free agents to complement their roster.

The Chiefs finally appear to be headed in the right direction, and I hope like hell they don't burden their future cap status by signing Law to a big money contract.

If the Chiefs don't get consistent pressure on the QB from their front four, then Ty Law's impact will be minimal.

htismaqe
05-17-2006, 11:06 AM

The Chiefs have cap room. That's what Carl has control of.

Carl has no control over how much Lamar wants to dole out in signing bonuses.

greg63
05-17-2006, 11:11 AM

Yep! :thumb:

Wile_E_Coyote
05-17-2006, 11:19 AM
everyone with half a brain knows that the teams that spend big FA dollars win the super bowl. Just look at the Stee...the Patr....the Bucca...

**** YOU ALL TO HELL!!!!!!!!!!!111111111

dj56dt58
05-17-2006, 12:09 PM
Oh, okay. So there is a pot of money sitting in his desk drawer, and he decides whether or not he's going to spend it. Have a good day in junior high.
If Lamar wasn't willing to let him spend it, then why the **** are they talking to these free agents, but not signing them? They are obviously willing to spend money or they wouldn't be talking to them, and I already said it wasn't just Carl, it was Lamars fault as well. Jesus christ learn to ****ing read you ****ing dumbass

Brock
05-17-2006, 12:19 PM
If Lamar wasn't willing to let him spend it, then why the **** are they talking to these free agents, but not signing them? They are obviously willing to spend money or they wouldn't be talking to them, and I already said it wasn't just Carl, it was Lamars fault as well. Jesus christ learn to ****ing read you ****ing dumbass

The smell of just-****ed pussy.

Amnorix
05-17-2006, 12:20 PM
No.
The Chiefs have been mediocre for as long as you can remember because they have been mediocre at drafting talent, and have been trying to fill all the holes on their roster with big time free agents, as a result.

The teams that have been consistently among the best are the ones that draft well, and only rely on second tier free agents to complement their roster.

The Chiefs finally appear to be headed in the right direction, and I hope like hell they don't burden their future cap status by signing Law to a big money contract.

If the Chiefs don't get consistent pressure on the QB from their front four, then Ty Law's impact will be minimal.

Yep. The Redskins are living proof that you cannot buy a SB ring.

Twrerctr
05-17-2006, 12:30 PM
Five burning questions

Law, McNair and Vick highlight busy month in NFL

Posted: Wednesday May 17, 2006 12:50PM; Updated: Wednesday May 17, 2006 1:18PM

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/jeffri_chadiha/05/17/five.questions/index.html

1. Where will Ty Law play this season?

I'd be shocked if Law wasn't starting at right cornerback for Kansas City. Chiefs general manager Carl Peterson has been in contact with Law's agent, Carl Poston, and head coach Herm Edwards also spoke with Law right before last month's draft. When you factor in the Chiefs surplus of cash (they have $9 million of cap space to play with), their refusal to draft a cornerback in the first round (they say they needed a pass-rusher like defensive end Tamba Hali more than they needed a young corner) and Law's dwindling market (how many teams can afford to accommodate his demands for a $10 million bonus?), that leaves Kansas City as the frontrunner. Law may be talking with the Patriots and the Titans but even his agent admits that Kansas City is in the best position to sign him.

milkman
05-17-2006, 12:36 PM
Five burning questions

Law, McNair and Vick highlight busy month in NFL

Posted: Wednesday May 17, 2006 12:50PM; Updated: Wednesday May 17, 2006 1:18PM

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/jeffri_chadiha/05/17/five.questions/index.html

1. Where will Ty Law play this season?

I'd be shocked if Law wasn't starting at right cornerback for Kansas City. Chiefs general manager Carl Peterson has been in contact with Law's agent, Carl Poston, and head coach Herm Edwards also spoke with Law right before last month's draft. When you factor in the Chiefs surplus of cash (they have $9 million of cap space to play with), their refusal to draft a cornerback in the first round (they say they needed a pass-rusher like defensive end Tamba Hali more than they needed a young corner) and Law's dwindling market (how many teams can afford to accommodate his demands for a $10 million bonus?), that leaves Kansas City as the frontrunner. Law may be talking with the Patriots and the Titans but even his agent admits that Kansas City is in the best position to sign him.

Someone needs to tell SI, and Carl Poston for that matter, that it doesn't matter who's in the best position.

All that matters is who is willing to spend the most money, and my money says it ain't the Chiefs.

Ebolapox
05-17-2006, 12:54 PM
hell, we were 'in the best position' to sign hugh douglas...wait....nevermind

we were in the best position to sign dre' bly because he'd played for vermiel...wait... nevermind

we were in the best position to sign grant wistrom because he was a chiefs fan and had played for vermiel...wait...nevermind