PDA

View Full Version : Laser eye surgery

Gonzo
05-16-2006, 06:35 PM
I've had it with wearing glasses and am considering laser surgery. Has anyone had it done recently? How much $ am I looking at? Did you have a bad experience?

Any help would be appreciated!!!!

OldTownChief
05-16-2006, 06:39 PM
I've had it with wearing glasses and am considering laser surgery. Has anyone had it done recently? How much $ am I looking at? Did you have a bad experience?

I've heard nothing but excellent reviews from everyone I know that's had it. I believe it cost around $3000. I've considered it myself.

Gonzo
05-16-2006, 06:40 PM
I've heard nothing but excellent reviews from everyone I know that's had it. I believe it cost around $3000. I've considered it myself.
I saw an ad in the local paper advertising Lasik for 500 an eye. Is it the same thing?

OldTownChief
05-16-2006, 06:42 PM
I saw an ad in the local paper advertising Lasik for 500 an eye. Is it the same thing?

I believe so.
http://www.fda.gov/cdrh/lasik/

Never heard of it being that inexpensive.

JBucc
05-16-2006, 06:48 PM
Buy one of those $3.00 laser pointers and stare at it for a while. I'm sure that'd accomplish the same thing.

And don't fall for any buy two get one free deals

ChiefsFire
05-16-2006, 06:51 PM
stay away from those mobile lasik labs..tractor pulled trailers similar to MRI machines

supposedly the vibrations from the generators running to power the unit cause the procedures to be done poorly...

DMAC
05-16-2006, 06:56 PM
What about laser hair removal surgery, the troops are starting to invade the back and shoulders. Getting worried.

OldTownChief
05-16-2006, 06:59 PM
What about laser hair removal surgery, the troops are starting to invade the back and shoulders. Getting worried.

NAIR

DMAC
05-16-2006, 07:16 PM
NAIRNO THANKS.

http://regencymovies.com/images/movies/40yearoldvirgin7.jpg

Gonzo
05-16-2006, 07:18 PM
Buy one of those $3.00 laser pointers and stare at it for a while. I'm sure that'd accomplish the same thing.

And don't fall for any buy two get one free deals

Yeah but is that USDA approved?????????

Dave Lane
05-16-2006, 07:28 PM

Mine was $3000 and it went fine. Since I'm old enough I need glasses for closeup but more than worth it.

Dave

Dave Lane
05-16-2006, 07:30 PM

No its not...

It's PK radial in other words they use a laser on the outside of the eye doesn't work nearly as well and can change over time.

Dave

IA_Chiefs_fan
05-16-2006, 08:23 PM
My wife had lasik this past Friday. She was pretty sore for a day or so and still has some irritation(they told us up front this would be the case) but can see! She had horrible vision before but has 20/20 vision now and they said it will improve in the coming weeks. They had different types of surgery available running from $2000 - $3600. We went with the $3600 bcause, after all, it is her freakin' eyes. Probably not the time to take shortcuts. She had hers done at Lasik Select in Des Moines, IA. They are very good and spend lots of time going over details and helping you prepare. Their website is http://www.lasikselectvision.com/locations.cfm The great thing was that CapitalOne works with them and offers 0% financing if paid off in 18 months or low rates for longer term loans. Let me know if you have any other questions and I'll get answers from the wife! Good luck

Herzig
05-16-2006, 08:43 PM

Your eyes are not something to skimp on. If I were you, I would find the best doctor with best reputation for successful surgeries. Your vision is something that you don't want to take any chances on.

Otter
05-16-2006, 08:54 PM

Just me but going to get the back of one's eyeballs scoped out with a laser beam isn't the best time to go bargin hunting.

CanadianChief
05-16-2006, 09:06 PM
I had it done and my eyes are fine...they're in a jar next to my bed.

dtebbe
05-16-2006, 09:10 PM
My wife had it done about 3 years ago and has loved it every day since. She had really bad eyes and she now sees 20/20 in one eye and 20/30 in the other.

If you are in the southeast, I highly reccomend:
http://www.woolfsoneye.com/

They are pretty much known as the best place in Atlanta along with Emory Laser Eye.

DT

Simplex3
05-16-2006, 09:17 PM
I'm in the midst of a full-fledged invasion and the battle may already be lost.

NAIR
Not practical. You have to do that once a week or more.

Simplex3
05-16-2006, 09:18 PM
Do they still do that deal where they insert a plastic thread under the skin on your eye to reshape it? That was supposed to be a much lower risk and was reversable.