PDA

View Full Version : Student makes fun of teacher on myspace.com

Hammock Parties
05-18-2006, 06:24 AM
I don't know who's the bigger dipshit. The teacher, or the student.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/9219518/detail.html

Student Charged For Making Fun Of Teacher

HENRY COUNTY -- A Henry County high school student is facing criminal charges after posting comments about his teacher on the Web site, MySpace.com. It was supposed to be a joke, but the student’s teacher was so offended, he filed defamation of character charges against the student – and another student may also be facing charges.

The teacher who is pursuing the charges hasn’t returned our calls for a comment. But Channel 2 spoke to one of the students charged, and he says it was only a prank.

“Coffee and Diet Coke – that was the name of the Web site,” said Alex Davis, 15, about a posting on the popular and sometimes controversial web site MySpace.com.

“He used to drink a lot of coffee and Diet Coke,” Davis said about an Eagle’s Landing High School science teacher which now has Davis facing criminal defamation of character charges. Davis' father said the charges are a waste of the court’s time.

“This has all gotten kinda bizarre,” Andy Davis said.

Teacher Robert Muzzillo pursued the charges against Alex and another student after noticing a profile with his name attached on MySpace.com. The profile talks about Muzzillo liking Michael Jackson and having a “gay old time,” like the Fred Flintstone song.

Davis said he only wrote that Muzzillo lost an eye wrestling with alligators and midgets.

When the school found out that Davis was involved, he received three days in-school suspension. Then he learned the teacher had filed charges against him.

“I have finals coming up and I have to study and instead I have to go to court,” Davis said.

The Davis’ have had to hire attorney, Lee Sexton. Sexton said, “No one’s committed a crime.”

“It’s just silly stuff about a teacher they were just joking about. It’s gotten way out of hand,” Sexton said.

Davis said he apologized and said he was only having fun and never threatened anyone.

“You can say whatever you want but it can get you in trouble,” he said.

Davis is scheduled to head to court next Tuesday. His attorney said the criminal defamation of character charge is unconstitutional.

chagrin
05-18-2006, 06:29 AM
"Freedom Of Speeech, just watch what you say"

So true, from radicals to anyone making a comment about a obviously different race, people take an offense to...it's all so fuggin subjective

jspchief
05-18-2006, 06:43 AM
Surely the court will recognize the absurdity of this and throw it out.

The only thing more pathetic than the teacher is that the police actually pressed charges instead of telling the teacher to grow up.

Iowanian
05-18-2006, 06:44 AM
I'm curious when the constitution or Bill of Rights added the "freedom to never be offended or have your feelings hurt" clause?

I can't even tell you how many things I did in school that would have been on CNN today with the wrong teacher.

In 7th grade, I got an in school for drawing a characature of a substitute. The problem, it was too accurate.

My Jr Year, there was an English teacher(who had sex with at least 3 guys in my class that I'm sure of) who was the winner of a "cow chip bingo" fundraiser. The cow crapped on her square, and she won $500...so naturally, it only seemed right that the next morning, the barely crusted winning chip, would end up on her desk.

on and on and on.

yeah...I was a bit of a shithead.

Hammock Parties
05-18-2006, 06:50 AM
My Jr Year, there was an English teacher(who had sex with at least 3 guys in my class that I'm sure of) .

Details. I am hot for teacher.

Iowanian
05-18-2006, 06:51 AM
she was a fatty.

Hammock Parties
05-18-2006, 06:56 AM
she was a fatty.

That's gross.

greg63
05-18-2006, 07:01 AM
I don't know who's the bigger dipshit. The teacher, or the student.

The teacher; anyone with common sense knows why. What was he doing logging onto myspace.com in the first place if he isn't some....oops better be careful he'll bring me up on charges next. I'm sick to death of PC.

MahiMike
05-18-2006, 07:04 AM
I heard the NSA had his PC tapped and reported it to the teacher...

Radar Chief
05-18-2006, 07:34 AM
Jeezus! :rolleyes: This teacher needs his man card revoked, along with whatever tinny “package” he’s carry’n.

way2kalm
05-18-2006, 07:47 AM
He was probably one of those people who always got teased when he was in high school. I guess now he feels that he can do something about it when some teenager is talking bad about him. And some one please tell me what the hell he was doing on myspace.com. There's nothing but kids on that site. Anyone over 18 should not have any reason to be on myspace, freaking perv. The cops should've been asking him what the hell was he doing on that site.

greg63
05-18-2006, 07:52 AM
He was probably one of those people who always got teased when he was in high school. I guess now he feels that he can do something about it when some teenager is talking bad about him. And some one please tell me what the hell he was doing on myspace.com. There's nothing but kids on that site. Anyone over 18 should not have any reason to be on myspace, freaking perv. The cops should've been asking him what the hell was he doing on that site.

Exactly.