PDA

View Full Version : The stage belongs to Larry Johnson.

jidar
05-18-2006, 07:13 AM
An article about NFL players with "targets on their backs." LJ is listed #8

8. Larry Johnson. Nobody was hotter than the Kansas City running back in the second half of last season. Now he has replaced Priest Holmes on the league’s No. 1 offense. He wants to take the Chiefs to a Super Bowl. He wants to win a rushing title. He wants to prove he’s a superstar.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/12839042/

Chief Henry
05-18-2006, 07:16 AM
All I want for Christmas is a Superbowl. Thats all.

StcChief
05-18-2006, 07:17 AM
SB works for me... Take us to the promised land LJ.

JimNasium
05-18-2006, 07:24 AM
From the second page on that link:

Q: Is Kansas City improved over last season. Does Dick Vermeil’s retirement help or hurt them?
— Russ Aihara, Long Beach, Calif.

A: The Chiefs’ improvement on defense, which is where they always have to improve, must come mainly from two places-No. 1 draft choice Tamba Hali and the coaching of Herm Edwards. It’s hard to imagine a rookie lineman making a gigantic difference in a 30th-ranked pass defense, so that leaves the coaching of Edwards, a former defensive back himself and defensive-oriented coach. They still look undermanned on defense, especially in a division with LaDainian Tomlinson, Antonio Gates, Randy Moss and Denver’s fifth-ranked offense. I think Vermeil took them as far as he could, so his retirement should not hurt. Whether it will help depends on how seriously players take to Edwards’ style. He has banned the pool tables from the premises, so that’s a start. I remember in St. Louis when Vermeil was so hard on players and ran such long practices they threatened to revolt. Then they won a Super Bowl. Maybe Vermeil got soft.

greg63
05-18-2006, 07:26 AM
An article about NFL players with "targets on their backs." LJ is listed #8

8. Larry Johnson. Nobody was hotter than the Kansas City running back in the second half of last season. Now he has replaced Priest Holmes on the league’s No. 1 offense. He wants to take the Chiefs to a Super Bowl. He wants to win a rushing title. He wants to prove he’s a superstar.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/12839042/

He went as far down on the list as #8?

Man, talk about no respect. :rolleyes: :D

wolfpack0735
05-18-2006, 08:04 AM
i hope they dont burn him out with to many carries early. what worries me is that hermie pulls in the offense and they stop attacking,martyball.

Garcia Bronco
05-18-2006, 10:33 AM
From the second page on that link:

Q: Is Kansas City improved over last season. Does Dick Vermeil’s retirement help or hurt them?
— Russ Aihara, Long Beach, Calif.

A: The Chiefs’ improvement on defense, which is where they always have to improve, must come mainly from two places-No. 1 draft choice Tamba Hali and the coaching of Herm Edwards. It’s hard to imagine a rookie lineman making a gigantic difference in a 30th-ranked pass defense, so that leaves the coaching of Edwards, a former defensive back himself and defensive-oriented coach. They still look undermanned on defense, especially in a division with LaDainian Tomlinson, Antonio Gates, Randy Moss and Denver’s fifth-ranked offense. I think Vermeil took them as far as he could, so his retirement should not hurt. Whether it will help depends on how seriously players take to Edwards’ style. He has banned the pool tables from the premises, so that’s a start. I remember in St. Louis when Vermeil was so hard on players and ran such long practices they threatened to revolt. Then they won a Super Bowl. Maybe Vermeil got soft.

I like that...they say you have to look out for a couple of guys...and an entire offensive system.....that's good writing right there.

But.........

You guys are going to kill us this year.

greg63
05-18-2006, 10:39 AM
I like that...they say you have to look out for a couple of guys...and an entire offensive system.....that's good writing right there.

But.........

*Taking off my homer cap* ...A bit premature.

htismaqe
05-18-2006, 10:40 AM

You just haven't been here long enough...

Garcia is the master of reverse mojo...

Kerberos
05-18-2006, 10:52 AM

I had my hands over my ears while I read Garcia' post so it doesn't count!