PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs interested in Lelie

The Poz
05-18-2006, 05:41 PM
Chiefs | Team interested in Lelie; but Denver wants too much in return
Thu, 18 May 2006 15:49:25 -0700

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports the Kansas City Chiefs are interested in Denver Broncos WR Ashley Lelie, but the Chiefs are not willing to give up what Denver wants, either a first-day pick or a player of commensurate value.

If he was a former first rounder does anyone think we can part with a "first-dayer" next season to get him in for this season? From what I saw he has shown that he has good hands and ability, just not given a full chance. Or, do we have anyone on the roster that we can part with that those donks will want? We should have given them Woods, haha!

nychief
05-18-2006, 05:42 PM
no.

SPchief
05-18-2006, 05:43 PM
We signed Qtip and are now interested in Lelie?

wtf

Reaper16
05-18-2006, 05:43 PM
Should Katherine McPhee have advanced to the finals?

keg in kc
05-18-2006, 05:44 PM
I loved Lelie coming out, I'd take a chance on him now, but I don't see much chance of a trade between us and the donks.

Chiefs Pantalones
05-18-2006, 05:45 PM
Lelie should just retire.

CoMoChief
05-18-2006, 05:45 PM
Is Lelie worth a 3rd rounder?

RealSNR
05-18-2006, 05:47 PM
I'd gladly trade for Lelie with some or all of the following players:

Eric Hicks
Junior Siavii
Jordan Black
Brett Williams
William Bartee

MAKE IT HAPPEN, CARL!

Chiefs Pantalones
05-18-2006, 05:48 PM
I don't want another #2 WR.

morphius
05-18-2006, 05:49 PM
I really have no urge to give the donx anything in trade for one of their players. Just wait till he quits the team, then we can pick him up for free.

Not that I want him even then, but you know, its worked well in the past for us.

SPchief
05-18-2006, 05:50 PM
I really have no urge to give the donx anything in trade for one of their players. Just wait till he quits the team, then we can pick him up for free.

ROFL

TRR
05-18-2006, 05:51 PM
I would trade a third round pick for Lelie. I think he would upgrade the passing game as he is young, and Kennison will probably retire along with Roaf and Shields in a year or two. I'm not sure we could get that much upside from a 3rd round pick in next years draft.

shakesthecat
05-18-2006, 05:52 PM
Is Lelie worth a 3rd rounder?

No

If he hasn't learned how to be a good WR with Rod Smith as his mentor, he's not worth a draft pick.

Kennison was free, and he's twice the WR Marcus Lelie will ever be.

The Poz
05-18-2006, 05:56 PM
I think Parker would be better suited as a slot receiver with Kennison & Lelie as wide outs. Keep Hall strickly on special teams with Thorpe and oh I don't know, Webb? as the back-ups. That's a lot of depth.
Give 'em the 3rd. Who knows, our 3rd could be very late in the day.

keg in kc
05-18-2006, 06:00 PM
Just wait till he quits the team, then we can pick him up for free.Holy shit! You're packfan!

Chiefs Pantalones
05-18-2006, 06:00 PM
I think Parker would be better suited as a slot receiver with Kennison & Lelie as wide outs. Keep Hall strickly on special teams with Thorpe and oh I don't know, Webb? as the back-ups. That's a lot of depth.

Wow, that's a lot of #2 and #3 WRs.

redbrian
05-18-2006, 06:08 PM
Trade for him F&*k no, pick him up as a free agent, with a heavily weighted contract loaded with incentives and penalties….maybe.

The first time he whines about not getting the ball take away $100,000

morphius
05-18-2006, 06:08 PM
Holy shit! You're packfan!
No, I know what an H back is :D

But players like Lelie are available for free every offseason.

keg in kc
05-18-2006, 06:12 PM
No, I know what an H back is Packfan did, too. Although he always thought it referred to the hatchback on his pimp '75 gremlin.

The Poz
05-18-2006, 06:16 PM
Trade for him F&*k no, pick him up as a free agent, with a heavily weighted contract loaded with incentives and penalties….maybe.

The first time he whines about not getting the ball take away $100,000

Broncos | Team prepared to let Lelie sit
Thu, 18 May 2006 15:54:19 -0700

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports the Denver Broncos are prepared to deactivate WR Ashley Lelie for the entire season unless they get what they want in return for him.

redbrian
05-18-2006, 06:19 PM

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports the Denver Broncos are prepared to deactivate WR Ashley Lelie for the entire season unless they get what they want in return for him.

Sounds good to me, donko's waste money and cap space, whiney boy sits on his ass.

Sounds like a win win to me.

nychief
05-18-2006, 06:24 PM

BULL SHIT.

TRR
05-18-2006, 06:45 PM
I don't feel that Lelie was given a true shot in Denver. He did have a 1,000 yard season, and showed that he could be a homerun threat, however I don't think he ever really fit in with Denver. I also like to have players that are ticked at their former team. Kennison plays balls out against Denver. Lelie would definitely do that.I'd give up a 3rd, but nothing higher than that.

Tribal Warfare
05-18-2006, 06:48 PM
I don't feel that Lelie was given a true shot in Denver. He did have a 1,000 yard season, and showed that he could be a homerun threat, however I don't think he ever really fit in with Denver. I also like to have players that are ticked at their former team. Kennison plays balls out against Denver. Lelie would definitely do that.I'd give up a 3rd, but nothing higher than that.

5th or 6th rounder

patteeu
05-18-2006, 06:53 PM
Sounds good to me, donko's waste money and cap space, whiney boy sits on his ass.

Sounds like a win win to me.

Ditto.

I wouldn't give up anything more than a token late-rounder for Lelie. I wouldn't mind taking a chance on Lelie because, let's face it, we aren't exactly loaded at WR, but I wouldn't want to enrich Denver in the process since the guy is far from a sure thing.

And someone said he has "sure hands" earlier. On the contrary, I think the biggest complaint about Lelie (aside from maybe his committment to the team) is that he drops way too many passes. That doesn't really make me salivate at the prospect of getting him in a Chiefs uniform.

craneref
05-18-2006, 06:58 PM
Ditto.

I wouldn't give up anything more than a token late-rounder for Lelie. I wouldn't mind taking a chance on Lelie because, let's face it, we aren't exactly loaded at WR, but I wouldn't want to enrich Denver in the process since the guy is far from a sure thing.

And someone said he has "sure hands" earlier. On the contrary, I think the biggest complaint about Lelie (aside from maybe his committment to the team) is that he drops way too many passes. That doesn't really make me salivate at the prospect of getting him in a Chiefs uniform.

I agree, no higher than a 6th. As for the drops too many balls, isn't that the same knock that Joe Horn had before he signed with the Saints, I remember the dropped balls when he was in a CHIEFS uniform. Would be nice to see Lelie make the same transformation to a pro bowl receiver with the CHIEFS!! GO CHIEFS.

Bowser
05-18-2006, 07:02 PM
No way they trade him to an AFC West foe.

the Talking Can
05-18-2006, 07:15 PM
Lelie is a coward.

SLAG
05-18-2006, 07:18 PM
i dont want the dung from dungver.... let him sit ... Or let green bay pick him up

Iowanian
05-18-2006, 07:19 PM
The Chiefs don't need Ashley Nash in any way, for any price.

He's a pussy and he sucks baows.

noa
05-18-2006, 07:37 PM
I don't think the Chiefs need another deep threat. We could use a guy who is good at going across the middle, so he could lighten the load on Tony G. Lelie wouldn't make our offense any more dynamic than it already is. We need someone in the mold of Keyshawn.

Logical
05-18-2006, 07:46 PM
I am beginning to worry about Adam Schefter, I think he is becoming the Nick Athan of NFL Network minus the fixation on the Chiefs.

Idahojim
05-18-2006, 09:27 PM
He's a pussy - afraid to take a hit.

Don't even think about it.

milkman
05-18-2006, 09:41 PM
No way they trade him to an AFC West foe.

Only took 27 posts for a voice of reason to sound off.

I don't get why others fail to recognize this fact.

Taco John
05-18-2006, 09:46 PM
Lelie would be a great fit for your offense. I think he'd quickly become the number one.

Taco John
05-18-2006, 09:48 PM
I am beginning to worry about Adam Schefter, I think he is becoming the Nick Athan of NFL Network minus the fixation on the Chiefs.

Adam is one of the most connected sportswriters in the nation... Part of the reason he became the preseident of the Pro Football Writers of America.

dtebbe
05-18-2006, 10:07 PM
He drops too many passes. He's a fast Johnnie Morton, and with a name like Ashley he may have even more in common.

DT

milkman
05-18-2006, 10:12 PM
Adam is one of the most connected sportswriters in the nation... Part of the reason he became the preseident of the Pro Football Writers of America.

Who gives a rat's ass?
If he gives you bad info about 70% of the time, he's still nothing more than a freakin' hack

Halfcan
05-18-2006, 10:14 PM
A first rounder for that scrub??? The Rat is a moron!

Skip Towne
05-18-2006, 10:20 PM
Please post in this space ( ) the number of trades between Denver and KC. Enough said.

Bwana
05-18-2006, 10:32 PM
The hell with that, the guys a loser..PASS.

Halfcan
05-18-2006, 10:37 PM
Just because the Cheatin Donks were dumb enough to give a 2nd for Javon "I need a" Walker does not mean someone will give a 1st for lelie.

Oh I forgot about the Skins, they will give a 1st next year and a 1st and 2nd the following year.

keg in kc
05-18-2006, 10:38 PM
Adam is one of the most connected sportswriters in the nation... (As you know) he's also a former writer with the Denver Post. If there's anyone he's got connections...

That alone makes me think there's some smoke here, but as I said earlier, I don't think there's a chance in hell for a Denver/KC trade.

Taco John
05-18-2006, 11:28 PM
(As you know) he's also a former writer with the Denver Post. If there's anyone he's got connections...

That alone makes me think there's some smoke here, but as I said earlier, I don't think there's a chance in hell for a Denver/KC trade.

I agree... I don't think there's a chance in hell either. The stakes are too high for Denver, thus the price will be too high for KC....

All that said, I think Lelie has the potential to be one of the top WRs in the game if he can get with a quarterback who can deliver the deep ball with some consistency and accuracy.

keg in kc
05-18-2006, 11:30 PM
All that said, I think Lelie has the potential to be one of the top WRs in the game if he can get with a quarterback who can deliver the deep ball with some consistency and accuracy.He could be a victim of circumstance. Maybe someone along the lines of Joe Horn here, although he's had more opportunity?

Moooo
05-18-2006, 11:33 PM
He reminds me of Kennison, who isn't bad (he's not great but not bad). A lot of people put him down, but no matter what the scheme is, if you get 1000 yards in one season, you're not bad.

I say go for him as long as the price is right.

Moooo

Taco John
05-19-2006, 12:11 AM
He could be a victim of circumstance. Maybe someone along the lines of Joe Horn here, although he's had more opportunity?

More opportunity to take passes from Brian Griese and Jake Plummer, that is...

Hey, I'll be the first to tell anyone that Jake gives us our best shot to win right now. We went 13-3 and hosted the AFC Championship game. But the guy just doesn't throw a consistent long ball.

There are two camps in Denver on Lelie right now... One that thinks he's the problem, and one that thinks that it's Plummer... I'm in the latter camp, and I personally beleive that Shanahan is too based on the fact that we used considerable resources to position ourselves to take a quarterback... Jockeying that started last year, when we traded our first round pick to the Redskins for their first rounder this year. I've heard rumors that at the time, the target was Matt Leinart, but as the situation developed, they fell in love with Cutler as well...

In any case, I don't believe that Shanahan wants to part with Lelie. I've hear that the Broncos turned down a third rounder this past draft being offered by Philly. Obviously a lower third round... but it was a bird in the hand.

I guess we'll see how this pans out, but my thought is in the long run it will all be smoothed over. I guess we'll see.

keg in kc
05-19-2006, 12:15 AM
With or without Javon (one year wonder?) Walker, Rod Smith can't have much left in the tank. He's 36 with 11 seasons under his belt, and time catches up with everyone eventually. That's another reason I don't see Lelie going anywhere; you've always got to prepare for the future.

Bob Dole
05-19-2006, 06:31 AM
He reminds me of Kennison, who isn't bad (he's not great but not bad). A lot of people put him down, but no matter what the scheme is, if you get 1000 yards in one season, you're not bad.

Unless you wear a Chiefs jersey, in which case you're a second or third receiver, at best.

StcChief
05-19-2006, 06:54 AM

Lets hope our 3rd is very,very late in 2007 draft, at least 90th overall.
:p

KCTitus
05-19-2006, 07:01 AM
There will never be a trade between division rivals.

InChiefsHeaven
05-19-2006, 07:07 AM
Good lord...Walls, Griffin...now Lelie? What are we doing, taking all the Dungver refuse now??

jspchief
05-19-2006, 07:10 AM
Denver's WR situation isn't much better than ours. That being the case, you have to ask yourself why they're willing to let Lelie go.

He's just not dependable. he reminds me of all those track star WRs that Oakland had in the mid 90s. Sure, he can run fast and catch some deep ones. He'll also drop some key passes. We've already got receivers that we can't depend on to make a tough catch, we don't need another one.

jspchief
05-19-2006, 07:13 AM
Adam is one of the most connected sportswriters in the nation... Part of the reason he became the preseident of the Pro Football Writers of America.Schefter used to be a great source for reliable football news.

But ever since he started working for NFL Network, he's started inventing almost as much news as Clayton does for ESPN. It's like he's required to report something, so he just starts throwing out BS rumors. he's lost a lot of credibility IMO.

htismaqe
05-19-2006, 07:14 AM
Denver's WR situation isn't much better than ours. That being the case, you have to ask yourself why they're willing to let Lelie go.

He's just not dependable. he reminds me of all those track star WRs that Oakland had in the mid 90s. Sure, he can run fast and catch some deep ones. He'll also drop some key passes. We've already got receivers that we can't depend on to make a tough catch, we don't need another one.

Exactly.

Waste of a roster spot.

Gaz
05-19-2006, 07:19 AM
Not for a first-day pick.

xoxo~
Gaz
Would consider a 4th Rounder, though.

Chiefnj
05-19-2006, 07:27 AM
Good lord...Walls, Griffin...now Lelie? What are we doing, taking all the Dungver refuse now??

It worked so well with GROB, why not??

jspchief
05-19-2006, 07:35 AM
What kind of contract demands is he going to have? He already inexplicably believes he deserves to a starter over either Smith or Walker, so apparently he has a pretty high opinion of himself.

There is very little that is attractive about the prospect of bringing Lelie to KC.

htismaqe
05-19-2006, 07:38 AM
What kind of contract demands is he going to have? He already inexplicably believes he deserves to a starter over either Smith or Walker, so apparently he has a pretty high opinion of himself.

There is very little that is attractive about the prospect of bringing Lelie to KC.

I disagree.

There is NOTHING attractive about the prospect of bringing Lelie to KC.

:D

ct
05-19-2006, 07:50 AM
Don't give up a thing, and don't sign him when he's cut. He's a bum!

ChiTown
05-19-2006, 07:50 AM

It's the Donxification of the Chiefs..........

htismaqe
05-19-2006, 07:51 AM
It's the Donxification of the Chiefs..........

Donxifization...with a "Z".

Get it right, or Proctor will show up...

Chiefnj
05-19-2006, 07:57 AM
I'd give a 5th rounder for Stallworth, but not lelie.

KCTitus
05-19-2006, 07:59 AM
Donxifization...with a "Z".

Get it right, or Proctor will show up...

ROFL

I wish.

cdcox
05-19-2006, 08:22 AM
Why do we need another soft player on the Chiefs? Sure the guy has talent, but can't consistently deliver. When the game is on the line, he's more likey to drop an easy pass than make a big play. It's that kind of softness that kept a very talented Chiefs team out of the playoffs last year.

Rain Man
05-19-2006, 08:24 AM
I don't see why we can't give them a comparable player. With two safeties drafted, Bartee is expendable.

ct
05-19-2006, 09:06 AM
Why do we need another soft player on the Chiefs? Sure the guy has talent, but can't consistently deliver. When the game is on the line, he's more likey to drop an easy pass than make a big play. It's that kind of softness that kept a very talented Chiefs team out of the playoffs last year.

Bingo, couldn't have said it better!