PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Fans are Glass Half Empty

kczoo
05-20-2006, 08:10 AM
I for one feel good about this year, but reading posts since the last seasons game, we are doomed. Screw Ty Law, dudes not THAT good anymore. I think we have a new crop of good receiving corps, (as good as Denvers at least). Defense will be better and the offensive line is pumped to be back under Edwards. I think we made the right changes, I think were half full

chiefsfaninNC
05-20-2006, 08:56 AM
I do not see it yet. The DL is still a question mark. Even if you think Hali will be a stud we still have no playmakers at the DT's. The DB's are no better than last year and quite possibly worse. The key to the Chiefs making the next step is the defense. It is our achilles heel.

SPchief
05-20-2006, 08:59 AM
We're Doomed I tell ya

DOOMED

Mr. Flopnuts
05-20-2006, 10:42 AM
Screw Ty Law, dudes not THAT good anymore.

yeah he just led the league in interceptions the last 2 years, he is plainly not very good anymore. :rolleyes: whether we get him or not, let's not discount the fact that he is going to be a major help to whatever team he lands on this year.

Gonzo
05-20-2006, 10:51 AM
I don't know why we are so down all the time either. I mean look at that great playoff win we had 12 years ago.

htismaqe
05-20-2006, 11:13 AM
yeah he just led the league in interceptions the last 2 years, he is plainly not very good anymore. :rolleyes: whether we get him or not, let's not discount the fact that he is going to be a major help to whatever team he lands on this year.

Did you watch him play?

Greg Wesley was at least top 5 in the league for INT's among safeties.

Numbers aren't everything.

FloridaMan88
05-20-2006, 11:14 AM
I for one feel good about this year, but reading posts since the last seasons game, we are doomed. Screw Ty Law, dudes not THAT good anymore. I think we have a new crop of good receiving corps, (as good as Denvers at least). Defense will be better and the offensive line is pumped to be back under Edwards. I think we made the right changes, I think were half full

Thanks for that lovely insight Rufus. If Ty Law who had 10 interceptions last season and made the Pro Bowl "isn't that good anymore" what does that say about every other CB on the Chiefs roster currently (including Surtain) who can't hold a jock strap to Law's performance last season??

And your claim that the Chiefs "new crop of good receiving corps is as good as Denver's"?? Compare the starting 2 WRs for the Chiefs vs the starting 2 WRs for Denver... Kennison/Parker vs Rod Smith/Javon Walker... I'd say 90% (at least) of halfway intelligent football fans would select Denver's WR duo.

Stop feeding off of Peterson's propaganda and get a grip on reality.

htismaqe
05-20-2006, 11:15 AM
Thanks for that lovely insight Rufus. If Ty Law who had 10 interceptions last season and made the Pro Bowl "isn't that good anymore" what does that say about every other CB on the Chiefs roster currently (including Surtain) who can't hold a jock strap to Law's performance last season??

And your claim that the Chiefs "new crop of good receiving corps is as good as Denver's"?? Compare the starting 2 WRs for the Chiefs vs the starting 2 WRs for Denver... Kennison/Parker vs Rod Smith/Javon Walker... I'd say 90% (at least) of halfway intelligent football fans would select Denver's WR duo.

Stop feeding off of Peterson's propaganda and get a grip on reality.

Oh the irony!

ROFL