PDA

View Full Version : Where to look?

luv
05-20-2006, 11:12 AM
I'm trying to find a battery for a 2000 Ford Contour SE. Everything I put into the Google search brings up cars, or car accessories. I even tried the Ford website. My car battery is dead. I charged it Thursday night, so I could get home from work. Yesterday, it was dead. The few friends who can help me are either out of town or at work. Where can I find one? And about how much do batteries cost? Getting my alternator tested is free, right?

Katipan
05-20-2006, 11:20 AM
hell

i dunno

but try this

Clicky (http://www.ibsa.com/estore/search.asp?N=0&Ntk=SearchGroup&Ntt=2000+Ford+Contour+SE&Nty=0&D=2000+Ford+Contour+SE&Ntx=mode+matchallany&Dx=mode+matchallany&Ns=product+Type%7c0||Rank|1&Nu=Part+Number&searchtype=Y&mscssid=M8DRCAUVAVQ68GHE0CQD7AA4VT2VEN16)

luv
05-20-2006, 11:26 AM
hell

i dunno

but try this

Clicky (http://www.ibsa.com/estore/search.asp?N=0&Ntk=SearchGroup&Ntt=2000+Ford+Contour+SE&Nty=0&D=2000+Ford+Contour+SE&Ntx=mode+matchallany&Dx=mode+matchallany&Ns=product+Type%7c0||Rank|1&Nu=Part+Number&searchtype=Y&mscssid=M8DRCAUVAVQ68GHE0CQD7AA4VT2VEN16)
Thanks. I decided to try the Oreillys website, and found some on there as well. I guess I'm just impatient.

Katipan
05-20-2006, 11:28 AM
ENDelt is chomping at the bit to tell you that you don't need a special battery.

you may roll your eyes at him.

luv
05-20-2006, 11:32 AM
You could just go to O'Reilly and talk to the guy there. Hell, he might even put it in for you. He should do the free electrical test for you, too. At least, I know Checker does... I don't remember if they have Checker in Missouri, though.
I think they will do that. I just have to wait for someone to get off of work to come jump my car so I can get it there. I'm also getting myself some jumper cables and a flashlight to keep in my trunk. Learned that lesson Thursday night. I have a friend who works for Oreilly's, so I could get her employee discount. She's out of town until tomorrow, though.

luv
05-20-2006, 11:35 AM
And a blanket. It's cold in Missouri.
LOL...

I already have a blanket, sleeping bag, small pillow, a radio, and an atlas in my trunk. I like to be prepared.

greg63
05-20-2006, 11:36 AM
Don't forget flairs.

Katipan
05-20-2006, 11:37 AM
Jesus Christ, living in Missouri requires survival training.

luv
05-20-2006, 11:38 AM
Don't forget flairs.
Reminds me, I should get a first-aid kit, too. Man, I'm not gonna have any room left in my trunk if I keep going....

Skip Towne
05-20-2006, 12:18 PM
Wal-Mart is another option. Their service center will install it. To check your alternator, check the voltage with the engine off. Then start it and check it again. It should check 2 or 3 volts higher running than off. If it doesn't, you're alternator is not charging.

Phobia
05-20-2006, 01:36 PM
You are alternator is not charging.

luv
05-20-2006, 01:52 PM
Wal-Mart is another option. Their service center will install it. To check your alternator, check the voltage with the engine off. Then start it and check it again. It should check 2 or 3 volts higher running than off. If it doesn't, you're alternator is not charging.
I really think it's just my battery. I only ran it for about 15 minutes until I got home. It was about 12 hours after that when I went down to start it again. I want to make sure, though. Wal-Mart isn't a bad idea. I need to get my oil changed, too.

Does Wal-Mart sell batteries? And I wonder how late their Tire & lube department is open. I won't be able to get it there until 6:30.

Predarat
05-20-2006, 02:12 PM
I really think it's just my battery. I only ran it for about 15 minutes until I got home. It was about 12 hours after that when I went down to start it again. I want to make sure, though. Wal-Mart isn't a bad idea. I need to get my oil changed, too.

Does Wal-Mart sell batteries? And I wonder how late their Tire & lube department is open. I won't be able to get it there until 6:30.
The ones where I live are open until 8 or 9, however at 6:30 on a Saturday your probably looking at a really long wait.

luv
05-20-2006, 02:17 PM
The ones where I live are open until 8 or 9, however at 6:30 on a Saturday your probably looking at a really long wait.
Yeah. I just called the OReilly's that is over by my place. They will test my battery and my alternator, a new battery will run me about $65, and they are open until 8PM. I think I'll stick with them. I can always wait until Monday to go get my oil changed (less busy at Wal-Mart).

ExtremeChief
05-20-2006, 02:21 PM
You are alternator is not charging.

Your and idiot....defanitely

luv
05-20-2006, 07:04 PM
Well, it was just my battery. Alternator is fine (thank goodness). I now have a vehicle again!! :)

J Diddy
05-20-2006, 07:07 PM
Yeah. I just called the OReilly's that is over by my place. They will test my battery and my alternator, a new battery will run me about $65, and they are open until 8PM. I think I'll stick with them. I can always wait until Monday to go get my oil changed (less busy at Wal-Mart).

probably get a new battery cheaper at wal mart

Bwana
05-20-2006, 07:08 PM
At first I thought this thread was a joke. "Where do I get a battery?" Hmmmm, well in any event, I'm glad you got it going.

J Diddy
05-20-2006, 07:08 PM
Reminds me, I should get a first-aid kit, too. Man, I'm not gonna have any room left in my trunk if I keep going....

For christ sakes get rid of the body already.

luv
05-20-2006, 07:09 PM
probably get a new battery cheaper at wal mart
No shit. This one ended up costing me $68 including tax. And that was after deducting $10 for recycling my old battery.

J Diddy
05-20-2006, 07:10 PM
No shit. This one ended up costing me $68 including tax. And that was after deducting $10 for recycling my old battery.

Silly luv.

You don't recycle the batteries. You live in Missouri, they go on your front porch as a sign of indepence from the tyranny that is white collar America.

luv
05-20-2006, 07:11 PM
Silly luv.

You don't recycle the batteries. You live in Missouri, they go on your front porch as a sign of indepence from the tyranny that is white collar America.
My apartment complex won't let me put trash outside my front door. :(

J Diddy
05-20-2006, 07:14 PM
My apartment complex won't let me put trash outside my front door. :(

Just another example of the main keeping you down.

Damn the man.

luv
05-20-2006, 08:02 PM
Now that I have my car working again (YAY), I think I may go drive around for a little while. Maybe stop by and get some frozen custard at Andy's. Treat myself. I've been so good all week. I'm up to my eight whole glasses of water per day (I love Crystal Light)!

Bugeater
05-20-2006, 08:04 PM
Now that I have my car working again (YAY), I think I may go drive around for a little while. Maybe stop by and get some frozen custard at Andy's. Treat myself. I've been so good all week. I'm up to my eight whole glasses of water per day (I love Crystal Light)!
Can you pick me up a 12-pack while you're out?

luv
05-20-2006, 08:06 PM
Can you pick me up a 12-pack while you're out?
Sure! Whatcha like? Pale ALe? Unfiltered Wheat? Something a bit darker perhaps? Oh, I charge for doing such things, BTW.

papasmurf
05-20-2006, 08:07 PM
You could always call dad to bail you out.:banghead:

listopencil
05-20-2006, 08:08 PM

Out here in California NAPA auto parts stores give you $1 for each battery you bring in. BTW, the auto section at Wal-Mart usually has a little electronic display that lets you select your vehicle from a menu and then will show you what battery you need. Same thing for windshield wipers and a lot of other car stuff.

Bugeater
05-20-2006, 08:08 PM
Sure! Whatcha like? Pale ALe? Unfiltered Wheat? Something a bit darker perhaps? Oh, I charge for doing such things, BTW.
Nah, I'm a cheap date. MGD will do. Try to have it here in the next 10-15 min please.

luv
05-20-2006, 08:09 PM
You could always call dad to bail you out.:banghead:
Hey, if Amy had been in town, you wouldn't have gotten called. I could have asked to borrow the car, ya know. :p

papasmurf
05-20-2006, 08:13 PM
Hey, if Amy had been in town, you wouldn't have gotten called. I could have asked to borrow the car, ya know. :p

never hurts to ask:cuss::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: