PDA

View Full Version : So I've got this skyscraper across the street from my office...

Rain Man
05-20-2006, 05:08 PM
...and I've mentioned it a few times before. For about a year, they were going through the whole thing and replacing the windows, and I watched the workmen slowly make their way up to the top level, which is about 30 floors.

Apparently, it was an office building that is now being converted to apartments, so it's been getting a major rehab. They've got about 2/3rds of the windows replaced now, and are also doing things like refinishing the non-window parts of the building. I'm looking forward to seeing it get finished because it's going to be like seeing a real-life version of The Sims. I've got a great view into Floors 5 through about 20, and there's lots of windows.

So anyway, the latest development is that we occasionally see prospective tenants come through and look out the windows, which seems a little risky since 1/3 of the windows on every floor are still not intalled. (I think they're the bathroom windows, and they're probably waiting on smoked glass or something. They have a small window installed that goes up to about waist height, but nothing more.)

I'm at my desk now, and there's some woman on about the 13th floor, and she's showing off for her boyfriend. She's leaning out over the edge, and she's pretending to moon the city (but without removing her pants, per the custom), and she just leaned on the small waist-high window, leaning backward onto it so that her head and shoulders were upside-down outside the window. That seems kind of dumb, since I don't think those are permanent fixtures.

The bottom line is that I was hoping she would flash something, but she didn't, and they just left. Nonetheless, this portends well for the future. I waved at her, but she either didn't see me or the glass in my office is tinted enough to hide me.

It's a slow news day today.

Predarat
05-20-2006, 08:09 PM
Well I wish you would have seen some Tits or at least an ass. But its not your fault shes a frigid prude.

Phobia
05-20-2006, 08:12 PM
I give this story a 4. The story about the checker at the gas station is a solid 10.

beavis
05-20-2006, 08:40 PM
I give this story a 4. The story about the checker at the gas station is a solid 10.
If that one isn't in the Hall of Classics, it should be.

Hammock Parties
05-20-2006, 10:07 PM

?