PDA

View Full Version : HERM= LIAR

FloridaMan88
05-20-2006, 07:41 PM
Herm has barely been on the job for 5 months and already he is contradicting himself

Herm's comments regarding the offense from his introductory press conference, January 9th:

Q: What are thoughts on the success of the offense the last five years?

EDWARDS: “I remember the last time I was here pretty good. The last time I checked I walked out there they beat us up Opening Day. Obviously, this offense has been prolific in the last three or four seasons. They can score points. I am not dumb. You don’t change things just to change. You don’t have to change. I think sometimes people would expect when a new coach comes in well he’s going to change this, he is going to change that. No, I am going to evaluate everything. Keep scoring 30 points I like that. That is a good thing. I haven’t been involved in that too much in my career.”

Now here is Herm commenting on the offense, after today's mini-camp practice:

Q: What do you mean by saying you are going to do things differently in running the ball?

EDWARDS: “Just in different scenarios in the game, we’re going to play the game a little differently. The game will dictate who we play and how we play. I’m not saying we’re going to just exclusively run the ball, but if you look at us last year we threw about 523 passes and ran the ball about 505 times, somewhere in that vicinity. I anticipate if we’re playing with a lead, we’re going to run the ball more than we did last year and not worry about continuing to try and get a 17 point lead. I think at times when you’re in games, especially on the road, you have to be able to run the ball if you’re going to win on the road in a hostile environment. That’s how you take care of your opponents. When you go on the road, you run the ball and control the clock. I think we have a great offensive line, we’ve got a heck of a running back and there’s going to be times when we need to pound it a little bit more.”

Q: So the offense is going to change?

EDWARDS: “Yeah, a little bit. You might not see as many passes, but at the end of the day the object is to win the game and the object is to play together as a unit. Sometimes your offense has to protect your defense. You can’t always go three-and-out and put your defense back on the field. You’d like to have your defense fresh in the fourth quarter and the way they stay fresh is you collectively, offensively, control the clock. You control the clock when you run and pass. We have to be able to do both.”

Playing conservative with leads, not continuing to be aggressive and trying to build on the lead by going for the jugular... sounds like the offensive philosophy of...

http://www.cantstopthebleeding.com/img/marty1120.jpg

It is official welcome back Martyball

J Diddy
05-20-2006, 07:43 PM
This is the dumbest thing I have ever read. Everybody plays conservative with a lead. It's called clock management.

Fish
05-20-2006, 07:48 PM
People have expected this since he was hired. I don't think this really points to Herm being a liar. Of course he's going to change the offense a little... but he's not going to have us running a completely different system.

luv
05-20-2006, 07:48 PM
This is the dumbest thing I have ever read. Everybody plays conservative with a lead. It's called clock management.
That, plus it's a little bit of a different team than it was last year. You can't expect there to be no changes. Since the first passage, he has been watching rookies, etc. He might have a different perspective now than he did a few months ago. Talk about having someone under a microscope.

luv
05-20-2006, 07:49 PM
People have expected this since he was hired. I don't think this really points to Herm being a liar. Of course he's going to change the offense a little... but he's not going to have us running a completely different system.
Exactly. If it's not broke, don't fix it. But fine tuning something is completely different.

keg in kc
05-20-2006, 07:50 PM
Gonna be a fun offseason.

htismaqe
05-20-2006, 07:50 PM
ROFL

This is great!

ChiTown
05-20-2006, 07:51 PM
:hmmm:

wtf?

greg63
05-20-2006, 07:52 PM

Yep; I got no problem with it as long as we continue to play to win, rather then to play not to lose.

StcChief
05-20-2006, 07:53 PM
Got to manage the clock with lead,
make the right calls, if that means run more,
and not get cute like Saunders.

See Dallas game right before half time.

I don't see Martyball.

4th and Long
05-20-2006, 07:55 PM
Worst thread ever.
You don’t change things just to change. You don’t have to change. I think sometimes people would expect when a new coach comes in well he’s going to change this, he is going to change that. No, I am going to evaluate everything. Keep scoring 30 points I like that. That is a good thing. I haven’t been involved in that too much in my career.”
Herm did not say he wasn't going to change things it that interview. He said he was going to evaluate things. Period.

Learn how to read, drama queen.

htismaqe
05-20-2006, 07:56 PM
Got to manage the clock with lead,
make the right calls, if that means run more,
and not get cute like Saunders.

See Dallas game right before half time.

I don't see Martyball.

That's because you're blind, homer.

Get a grip on reality!

greg63
05-20-2006, 07:57 PM
Worst thread ever.

Herm did not say he wasn't going to change things it that interview. He said he was going to evaluate things. Period.

Learn how to read, drama queen.
ROFL

Bring back Planet Man; we Planeteers need protecting against just such threads.

4th and Long
05-20-2006, 08:01 PM
ROFL

Bring back Planet Man; we Planeteers need protecting against just such threads.
I may very well have to do that. This place has loaded up on some serious dumbass N00bs during the offseason.

Care to be one of my humble, comedy relief, sidekicks?

BigRock
05-20-2006, 08:01 PM
Herm has barely been on the job for 5 months and already he is contradicting himself
Herm's been saying that for months. So if he was contradicting himself, which he's not, but if he was, he was doing it a lot sooner than 5 months on the job. More like 1 or 2 months on the job. What a damned dirty liar (if he was lying, which he isn't).

Reerun_KC
05-20-2006, 08:17 PM
This could go back to the Marty years. When the Chiefs were on defense, everyone was at the TV, rooting and cheering on the chiefs. When the offense came on the field, we would get up for a beer run, b-room break or go and watch paint dry, it was just about exciting.

I wouldnt be surprised if we get an early field goal, you dont see us go into prevent offense along with protecting the lead.

So bummed about this upcoming season.

JBucc
05-20-2006, 08:20 PM
Miami sucks

Bowser
05-20-2006, 08:20 PM
Good to see that some things don't change......

htismaqe
05-20-2006, 08:25 PM
This could go back to the Marty years. When the Chiefs were on defense, everyone was at the TV, rooting and cheering on the chiefs. When the offense came on the field, we would get up for a beer run, b-room break or go and watch paint dry, it was just about exciting.

I wouldnt be surprised if we get an early field goal, you dont see us go into prevent offense along with protecting the lead.

ROFL

blueballs
05-20-2006, 08:25 PM

FringeNC
05-20-2006, 08:37 PM

Exactly, which is why we were 3rd in the NFL in TOP despite having a horrid D. Given that, Herm's comments make little sense.

We are ALREADY a running, TOP team. We already run more than almost all teams in the league.

BWillie
05-20-2006, 08:41 PM
We play to win the game!

Reerun_KC
05-20-2006, 08:42 PM
I think most people would rather stay agressive and score late in the game putting the pressure on the other team not ours. Marty, I mean Herm, would rather kick a field go then risk anything bad happen and play not to lose.

Even when we were losing the last couple of years, us fans enjoyed them more than watching Marty, Damn there I go agian, Herm's 3 yards and a cloud of dust crap......

Hammock Parties
05-20-2006, 09:00 PM
Cease and decist, KCChiefsfan88. Germ Warfare is on shore leave for the time being. We will re-assess the battlefield and mobilize if necessary for the start of the regular season. Until then, STAND DOWN, SOLDIER!

blueballs
05-20-2006, 09:01 PM

blueballs
05-20-2006, 09:24 PM

Logical
05-20-2006, 09:44 PM
This is the dumbest thing I have ever read. Everybody plays conservative with a lead. It's called clock management.Excuse me but he said "trying to get a 17 point lead" that means all we have is less than a two touchdown lead. In today's NFL that is nothing that is the definition of Martyball.

FloridaMan88
05-20-2006, 10:26 PM

ROFL If by "everybody" you mean everybody named Marty or who came from the Marty coaching tree.

How ironic that the man who once proclaimed "You Play to WIN the Game", wants to use a "Play Not to Lose the Game" strategy with the offense.

Of course Marty has used that strategy his entire coaching career and he has exactly zero Super Bowl wins/appearances to show for it.

FloridaMan88
05-20-2006, 10:27 PM
I may very well have to do that. This place has loaded up on some serious dumbass N00bs during the offseason.

Nah you get all the Chiefs-homers coming out in full force. The Rufus/Bob Gretz-wannabes.

FloridaMan88
05-20-2006, 10:29 PM
I think most people would rather stay agressive and score late in the game putting the pressure on the other team not ours. Marty, I mean Herm, would rather kick a field go then risk anything bad happen and play not to lose.

Even when we were losing the last couple of years, us fans enjoyed them more than watching Marty, Damn there I go agian, Herm's 3 yards and a cloud of dust crap......

DING DING DING. Herm is a Marty-wannabe

mikey23545
05-20-2006, 10:36 PM
KCChiefsfan88=jAZ

Herm Edwards=George Bush

People died.

htismaqe
05-21-2006, 04:10 AM
Nah you get all the Chiefs-homers coming out in full force. The Rufus/Bob Gretz-wannabes.

This is gonna be fun.

You're the epitome of pathetic.

greg63
05-21-2006, 04:55 AM

ROFL

Sure; why not.

Ultra Peanut
05-21-2006, 05:11 AM
o hnoes

greg63
05-21-2006, 05:41 AM
o hnoes

ROFL

wolfpack0735
05-21-2006, 06:05 AM
Excuse me but he said "trying to get a 17 point lead" that means all we have is less than a two touchdown lead. In today's NFL that is nothing that is the definition of Martyball.
it makes it even worse with our defense.

jaxchiefsclub
05-21-2006, 07:29 AM
Isn't it interesting how many times a thread is started by people that don't really "evaluate" what they are thinking before posting?

Chiefnj
05-21-2006, 07:40 AM
The offense didn't really need Herm's "evaluation." It's useless to debate it now. After 8 games we'll get an idea which camp is correct, the anti-Herm crowd or the give-him-a-chance crowd.

I've seen him in NY, I'm in the anti crowd.

Bowser
05-21-2006, 07:53 AM
The offense didn't really need Herm's "evaluation." It's useless to debate it now. After 8 games we'll get an idea which camp is correct, the anti-Herm crowd or the give-him-a-chance crowd.

I'm sure lots of people would have said that about Marv Levy when he took over the Bills after coaching here in KC, as well.....

htismaqe
05-21-2006, 07:57 AM

The offense most certainly DID need evaluation. There were many times when we ran a fake reverse on 3rd and 1 instead of picking up a 1st down, etc.

Furthermore, there were ALOT of people here bitching about Saunders when he pulled things like that. Now they're bitching because Herm wants to tweak it.

Only one thing remains constant - no matter what happens with the Chiefs, alot of people here are gonna whine about it.

Chiefnj
05-21-2006, 07:59 AM
I'm sure lots of people would have said that about Marv Levy when he took over the Bills after coaching here in KC, as well.....

Sometimes coaches fail in their first stint because of the circumstances they are in, sometimes they fail because they aren't the best coaches, perhaps a combination of both. Herm isn't a great coach. Herm is a Marty disciple. I don't think he's going to change his spots.

Chiefnj
05-21-2006, 08:01 AM
The offense most certainly DID need evaluation. There were many times when we ran a fake reverse on 3rd and 1 instead of picking up a 1st down, etc.

Furthermore, there were ALOT of people here bitching about Saunders when he pulled things like that. Now they're bitching because Herm wants to tweak it.

Only one thing remains constant - no matter what happens with the Chiefs, alot of people here are gonna whine about it.

IMO, the people bitching about Saunders are idiots. His track record in KC proves that point. People got spoiled rotten by Saunders. If every trip into the red zone wasn't a TD, he was a failure who got too cute.

jab0450
05-21-2006, 08:31 AM
Guys give him a chance. He is THE Chiefs coach, you may not agree with him, but we have to support him and our chiefs. You are going on and on about one damn sentence. Im gonna laugh my ass off when he takes us to the playoffs and all you fairweather fans starting praising this guy. We have a MUCH better staff then he had in NY. Lets see what he can do before we start hating the guy. And get off the lying thing, get over it, quit acting like dramatic girls. Not trying to be an ass, i just keep reading all the posts from you anti-herm people talking about marty ball and i just cant take it anymore. Let it go and we'll see what happens. Go CHIEFS

jlscorpio
05-21-2006, 08:52 AM
amen, jab. If I recall, Herm's Jets were in the playoffs more than we were, with less talent than ours.

Nzoner
05-21-2006, 08:59 AM

PLEASE tell me this is really the work of a regular using an alias.

milkman
05-21-2006, 09:09 AM
Not trying to be an ass, i just keep reading all the posts from you anti-herm people talking about marty ball and i just cant take it anymore.

That's funny, n00b.

You've only been here for a few days, and you already can't take it anymore!

We've only scratched the surface.

Reerun_KC
05-21-2006, 09:10 AM
PLEASE tell me this is really the work of a regular using an alias.

Regular reader yes, Regular poster no.........

I agree, the O needs some tweaking. I was alittle tired of the plays that were "cute" and cost us either a TD or a drive killer. So agreed we need to be more consistant in our attack.

But what bothers me is, with this defense and yes we will struggle alot this year on D, we dont have the players yet. Is you have to keep the foot on the accelerator on offense. We couldnt and still cant protect anything except the other teams QB on defense. Hell I think our defensive line was better than most offensive lines in the NFL at protecting the other teams QB....

So my point is, conserative offense this year will show how weak this D still is this year. We still need to be the "greatest show on grass" not the "greatest mole in the grass" offense this year.

Bryan in OKC

milkman
05-21-2006, 09:10 AM

Two things remain constant.

Carl.

Reerun_KC
05-21-2006, 09:11 AM
Dude look at my post count! I am on pace for about 100 a year.

I so rock!

jab0450
05-21-2006, 09:16 AM
Why is it you guys always go to the noob thing? OK im sorry i havent been on here long i guess that means im not a true chiefs fan and i dont know a thing about them. I stand corrected. Jeez. Is that the only argument you have. I guess this place isnt the place i thought it was, i came in here looking for chiefs fans and found alot of, not all of you, but alot of people that i serously question their loyalty to the chiefs. Its like your just here to argue about the negative things. Man, support them, dont hate them.

The Bad Guy
05-21-2006, 09:32 AM
Surprise, surprise.

88 is whining about something.

milkman
05-21-2006, 09:34 AM
Why is it you guys always go to the noob thing? OK im sorry i havent been on here long i guess that means im not a true chiefs fan and i dont know a thing about them. I stand corrected. Jeez. Is that the only argument you have. I guess this place isnt the place i thought it was, i came in here looking for chiefs fans and found alot of, not all of you, but alot of people that i serously question their loyalty to the chiefs. Its like your just here to argue about the negative things. Man, support them, dont hate them.

What are you?
A little girl?

A n00b is someone who is new, you dumbass.

You little bitches that can't seem to grasp the idea that someone can critsize the direction his team is taking, and associate that with lack of loyalty need to grow the **** up.

Just because you're a little homer glasses wearing ****, doesn't mean you're any more of a fan than those of us who actually have the audacity to not buy the bullshit.

Reerun_KC
05-21-2006, 09:42 AM
What are you?
A little girl?

You little bitches that can't seem to grasp the idea that someone can critsize the direction his team is taking, and associate that with lack of loyalty need to grow the **** up.

Just because you're a little homer glasses wearing ****, doesn't mean you're any more of a fan than those of us who actually have the audacity to not buy the bullshit.

dude, it is okay, its just a message board....

burt
05-21-2006, 09:47 AM
What are you?
A little girl?

Hey, wait a god**** minute.......there is NOTHING wrong with wearing glasses........

jab0450
05-21-2006, 09:47 AM
Never said i was a bigger fan, just stating that being new to this board doesnt mean that i am not one. and i know thats what noob means, read it again and youll see that. Dang i struck a nerve. Alright carry on you guys im done. Dont mean to get any enemies, so ill stop there. Lookin forward to meeting SOME of you guys at the games.

blueballs
05-21-2006, 09:50 AM
if you want a circle jerk
try Orange Mane

DomerNKC
05-21-2006, 09:54 AM
Hey, wait a god**** minute.......there is NOTHING wrong with wearing glasses...........all the better to see you with my dear.
--the wolf

milkman
05-21-2006, 10:01 AM
Never said i was a bigger fan, just stating that being new to this board doesnt mean that i am not one. and i know thats what noob means, read it again and youll see that. Dang i struck a nerve. Alright carry on you guys im done. Dont mean to get any enemies, so ill stop there. Lookin forward to meeting SOME of you guys at the games.

You may know what it means, but you suggested otherwise.

Why is it you guys always go to the noob thing? OK im sorry i havent been on here long i guess that means im not a true chiefs fan and i dont know a thing about them. I stand corrected.

Then you followed it with this gem:

i came in here looking for chiefs fans and found alot of, not all of you, but alot of people that i serously question their loyalty to the chiefs. Its like your just here to argue about the negative things. Man, support them, dont hate them.

If you don't want to make enemies, then you may want to refrain from making these kind of stupid, lame ass posts in the future.

jspchief
05-21-2006, 10:03 AM
Why is it you guys always go to the noob thing? OK im sorry i havent been on here long i guess that means im not a true chiefs fan and i dont know a thing about them. I stand corrected. Jeez. Is that the only argument you have. I guess this place isnt the place i thought it was, i came in here looking for chiefs fans and found alot of, not all of you, but alot of people that i serously question their loyalty to the chiefs. Its like your just here to argue about the negative things. Man, support them, dont hate them.Log off. You came to the wrong place.

This place isn't for group hugs about the Chiefs. There are a lot of different opinions on everything related to Chiefs football here, and not all of them are are flavored with bunnies and daffodils. If you're going to whine everytime someone has an opinion that doesn't align with yours, you aren't going to like it here. We all love the Chiefs. If we didn't we wouldn't care enough to bitch about the things that get bitched about. But a lot of the posters here aren't afraid to voice a negative opinion when the Chiefs do something they disagree with.

If you're looking for a homer site, I recommend Wild Bill's Chiefs (http://www.wildbillschiefs.com/)

As for the noob thing, I think the point was that you're coming off like the brand new employee telling everyone that they should suddenly do their job differently than the way it has been done for years. You might want to establish youself as a valued contributor on this site before your start trying to rearrange the furniture.

FAX
05-21-2006, 10:09 AM
Jargon Call.

What is the difference between:

A) Playing not to lose.

B) Protecting a lead.

FAX

DomerNKC
05-21-2006, 10:10 AM
Log off. You came to the wrong place.

This place isn't for group hugs about the Chiefs. There are a lot of different opinions on everything related to Chiefs football here, and not all of them are are flavored with bunnies and daffodils. If you're going to whine everytime someone has an opinion that doesn't align with yours, you aren't going to like it here. We all love the Chiefs. If we didn't we wouldn't care enough to bitch about the things that get bitched about. But a lot of the posters here aren't afraid to voice a negative opinion when the Chiefs do something they disagree with.

If you're looking for a homer site, I recommend Wild Bill's Chiefs (http://www.wildbillschiefs.com/)

As for the noob thing, I think the point was that you're coming off like the brand new employee telling everyone that they should suddenly do their job differently than the way it has been done for years. You might want to establish youself as a valued contributor on this site before your start trying to rearrange the furniture.by the way, if you want a group hug, everybody agrees with everybody kind of place; the coalition is always looking for another drone.

StcChief
05-21-2006, 10:21 AM
HERM=LIAR
To properly quote the LWNJs here.....

Herm lied players died.

Ultra Peanut
05-21-2006, 10:32 AM
We still need to be the "greatest show on grass"THAT DOES NOT EVEN RHYME

milkman
05-21-2006, 10:35 AM
HERM=LIAR
To properly quote the LWNJs here.....

Herm lied, offense died.

Fixed your post.

Demonpenz
05-21-2006, 10:36 AM
Oh well if he ****s it up it will just be like every other year, but this year atleast he has an excuse of lack of talent.

milkman
05-21-2006, 10:43 AM
Jargon Call.

What is the difference between:

A) Playing not to lose.

B) Protecting a lead.

FAX

Playing not to lose is the passive approach to protecting a lead.

You can aggessively protect a lead, but you can not aggressively play not to lose.

Logical
05-21-2006, 02:37 PM

I agree with your first statement, however that said Herm has also said that he wants to run the ball about 10 more times per game that would put us at a ratio of about 350 passing plays to 650 running plays. I am not buying into that for a second. Add to it, that it is time to play conservatively when you get a lead and go for a 17 point lead and you have cinched my opinion that he is taking us back to the Marty version of offense. Now does that mean he will run it up the centers butt, or throw a 3 yard pass when we need 7, I don't know. I sure hope not, I am pretty sure that was more the coordinator than Marty but you never know.

htismaqe
05-21-2006, 02:57 PM
I agree with your first statement, however that said Herm has also said that he wants to run the ball about 10 more times per game that would put us at a ratio of about 350 passing plays to 650 running plays. I am not buying into that for a second. Add to it, that it is time to play conservatively when you get a lead and go for a 17 point lead and you have cinched my opinion that he is taking us back to the Marty version of offense. Now does that mean he will run it up the centers butt, or throw a 3 yard pass when we need 7, I don't know. I sure hope not, I am pretty sure that was more the coordinator than Marty but you never know.

Martyball was conservative on DEFENSE, as well as offense...

ct
05-21-2006, 03:28 PM
blah blah blah...yada yada yada

Your and Idiot!!

PastorMikH
05-21-2006, 03:56 PM
Actually, I think under DV's regime we would have focused on the run more if we actually had a good lead - problem is, we were usually trying to play keep-up so we had to keep passing. AND, I don't think we were really a passing team like everyone thinks. Do the numbers and you'll find that we actually passed just a little more than we ran - but for the most part we were pretty balanced.

Lastly, if our #2 WR is really playing the #1 spot, the Possesion WR playing the #2 spot, a special teams player in the #3 WR spot, I'd say we will probably score more points with LJ running the ball than we will throwing to the WRs.

Chieftain58
05-21-2006, 04:15 PM
OMG you must be kidding...... jeesh

Logical
05-21-2006, 04:22 PM
Martyball was conservative on DEFENSE, as well as offense...That is true, did not know we were discussing defense though.

nychief
05-21-2006, 04:25 PM
how about we play a ****ing game before the moronic bitching begins?

htismaqe
05-21-2006, 05:00 PM
how about we play a ****ing game before the moronic bitching begins?

You've been here since 2002.

You shouldn't even have to post this, you already know what's going to happen.

pak1983
05-21-2006, 05:15 PM
He said things will change a little, is that too drastic for you? Do you think we wont score when up already? LJ will get it done so we will have those +17 point victories. Get over it. This thread is worthless.

Imon Yourside
05-21-2006, 08:03 PM
Herm will bring Law in to play wr and will pass on every other down to him.

KCBOSS1
05-21-2006, 09:32 PM
He did say you run and pass to control the clock didn't he. Why didn't you highlight this statement in the opening thread quotes? Just curious.

You might want to at least let them play a game before you call him a liar. He's never had an offence with a Trent Green at the helm. No point in getting too frustrated now....it's only May for cryin out loud.

greg63
05-21-2006, 11:05 PM
HERM= LIAR...And the sun might supernova frying the very fabric of our entire existence!!! Oh nooooooooooo!!!!!!! Come on, pre-season isn't even here yet. At least wait until it all goes down hill before pouring on the pessimism.

grandllama
05-22-2006, 12:13 AM
Hey, wait a god**** minute.......there is NOTHING wrong with wearing glasses........

They make you look like a bigger nerd than you are. You f*cking nerd.

ROFL

grandllama
05-22-2006, 12:17 AM
Why is it you guys always go to the noob thing?

I found that when I joined however many farking years ago, it worked best to observe the populace, make observant remarks sparingly, and post many, many, SlayerDiablo photoshops.

Skip never gave me the n00b treatment, although he wasn't happy when I couldn't find my webtv to give him (I still don't know where the hell that thing is... it was in storage one day, gone the next)

Other than that... your on your own... n00b....

SoCalBronco
05-22-2006, 12:41 AM
I dont think he is necessarily contradicting himself. The types of runs and pass plays will be the same, same route combos and stuff that were popular under Saunders, its just that you select a greater number of the runs employed in the system than the passes as opposed to the Saunders ratios. Herm is just playing to his club's strengths. Got a powerful OL and a runner who did some pretty damn impressive things in limited duty. Play to the strength. I dont think he is really contradicting himself...the system is the same, he didnt say the types of runs or types of passes would change, just a slight change in the ratio.

If Herm starts motivating them with phrases like "there's a gleam men....go get the gleam" then you folks would prolly have good reason to get worried.

Inspector
05-22-2006, 06:06 AM
I don't know about you guys, but I'm waiting until the end of the 1st quarter during the opening game before I write off the season.

Heck, I may even wait until halftime.

htismaqe
05-22-2006, 07:14 AM
He did say you run and pass to control the clock didn't he. Why didn't you highlight this statement in the opening thread quotes? Just curious.

You might want to at least let them play a game before you call him a liar. He's never had an offence with a Trent Green at the helm. No point in getting too frustrated now....it's only May for cryin out loud.

You obviously haven't been here long enough.

burt
05-22-2006, 07:23 AM
They make you look like a bigger nerd than you are. You f*cking nerd.

Dad!!!! We told you to stay off the Planet....now.... go back to your smurfing...........

Lzen
05-22-2006, 08:08 AM
I'll admit that I'll be disappointed if our offense gets ultraconservative. And no, I don't think that's what Herm is saying. In the end, all that matters is that this team gets to the playoffs and starts winning playoff games. If that happens, I'll be happy.

KCTitus
05-22-2006, 08:13 AM
Im still wait and see, but I dont like what Im hearing...average 10 more running plays per game? WTF? How about go with what is working. If you're passing game is raping the other team, go with that, if it's the running game, go with that. Exploit the other teams weakness and win the game.

Im not going to panic...yet.

Probably the most salient post on the thread...what made it more pathetic was the fact that those defenses were predicated on relentless attack.

Rausch
05-22-2006, 08:16 AM

Exactly.

Cowher is a smashmouth coach, and while he has "Marty-moments," he is not all about Martyball.

Martyball is kicking the FG from 40 instead of using one of the best short yardage HB's in the NFL to pick up 2-3 yards.

It's running the punter instead of your stud HB.

It's pulling Greg Hill after a 20+ yard run.

It's Donnell Bennett and Bono and playing not to lose.