PDA

View Full Version : Anybody have the Dish Network?

BWillie
05-20-2006, 11:39 PM
I'm probably going to be moving to this apartment that is not cable ready, but they offer the Dish Network. Does anybody have this? There are all different packages but I just really want to get the the major local channels, and be able to watch espn, espn2, chiefs, and royals games. How does setup costs go with that and what not? I don't know if this is a crock of crap, or something good.

58-4ever
05-20-2006, 11:41 PM
You should post a poll. Crock of crap or something good? Don't forget the Gaz option.

morphius
05-20-2006, 11:59 PM
Skip will tell you it sucks, but really it isn't much worse then anything else from what I have heard. Probably comparable in price as DTV and cable with digital box, like cable you can rent the equipment so you aren't stuck with outdated crap, but you can't get OLN if you like hockey.

QuikSsurfer
05-21-2006, 12:02 AM
i've had dish for almost a year; recently upgraded from america's top 120 to america's top 160 - stanley cup playoffs are on OLN (only on americas top 160)
no setup costs

morphius
05-21-2006, 12:04 AM
i've had dish for almost a year; recently upgraded from america's top 120 to america's top 160 - stanley cup playoffs are on OLN (only on americas top 160)
no setup costs
Cool, thanks for correcting me, I thought it wasn't available at all from what I read.

BWillie
05-21-2006, 12:58 AM
So i'll get to see royals games on RSTN and all away Chiefs games?

StcChief
05-21-2006, 06:59 AM
So i'll get to see royals games on RSTN and all away Chiefs games?

You will have to buy the local KC broadcast channels unless you have your own antenna (rabbit ears). Apt wired for cable without side antenna feed?

Heavy storms knock out signal. Sattelite is over equator straight south of Las Vegas (more or less)

I configured my own with on screen menu. Real straight forward.