PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here play Ghost Recon?

BIG_DADDY
05-22-2006, 12:16 PM
Any tips you can give me for the one or two man games?

HC_Chief
05-22-2006, 12:25 PM
Which platform?

I used to play GR all the time on the PC.

Tips: move SLOWLY. Take your time!!!

Know the difference between cover and concealment; then use both to your advantage.

Learn to drop stance quickly. Learn your FOV and movement when prone.

Use stealth as much as possible. A silenced M4 is your friend! :D

JBucc
05-22-2006, 02:55 PM
I've never played any of those Tom Clancy games but I am thinking about getting GRAW. It looks amazing and plays good except for some apparant AI issues.

BIG_DADDY
05-22-2006, 03:35 PM
Which platform?

I used to play GR all the time on the PC.

Tips: move SLOWLY. Take your time!!!

Know the difference between cover and concealment; then use both to your advantage.

Learn to drop stance quickly. Learn your FOV and movement when prone.

Use stealth as much as possible. A silenced M4 is your friend! :D

X-Box 360

HC_Chief
05-22-2006, 04:12 PM
Roger that. I just bought a 360 today (ebay)

I plan on playing GRAW asap. When I get a couple of missions under my belt I'll add more input. If it's like the original GR games, stealth and patience are key. Stay in cover, move slowly & quietly, and take out your enemies before they know you are there.

Protracted open engagements favor the tangos in those (GR) games. Don't make the "Rambo" mistake... charging head-first into an engagement will get you good and dead, but fast ;)

Vegas_Dave
05-25-2006, 10:00 AM
Awesome game. Right now, my favorite game ever (I play on 360 too).

The game is tough. You have to be patient. Learn to utilize your teammates (on missions that you have them) properly... but do not forget about them as they get killed as easily as you do.

Never get stuck with a gun that has no sight... this is BAD.

Smoke grenades are a wonderful tool... dont run out of them unless you have no choice. When used in combinationi with your Infared goggles, they are a GREAT advantage to have.

Learn to use your Infared Goggles and trust them. Sure, it may be a little weird, but especially on night missions, this is sometimes the easiest way to see the enemy.

QuikSsurfer
05-25-2006, 12:53 PM
Awesome game. Right now, my favorite game ever (I play on 360 too).

The game is tough. You have to be patient. Learn to utilize your teammates (on missions that you have them) properly... but do not forget about them as they get killed as easily as you do.

Never get stuck with a gun that has no sight... this is BAD.

Smoke grenades are a wonderful tool... dont run out of them unless you have no choice. When used in combinationi with your Infared goggles, they are a GREAT advantage to have.

Learn to use your Infared Goggles and trust them. Sure, it may be a little weird, but especially on night missions, this is sometimes the easiest way to see the enemy.
i'm thinkin of getting this game. i grew up playing fps :) i've played a few GR's on the xbox a few years back and enjoyed them. the game looks beautiful. so tell me, is this really your FAVORITE game (of all time)??

Vegas_Dave
05-25-2006, 01:45 PM
i'm thinkin of getting this game. i grew up playing fps :) i've played a few GR's on the xbox a few years back and enjoyed them. the game looks beautiful. so tell me, is this really your FAVORITE game (of all time)??

Favorite VIDEO Game.

CHIEF4EVER
05-26-2006, 01:18 PM
Used to play GR on PC and XBOX. Still like the Rogue Spear series MUCH better though. Especially online.