PDA

View Full Version : Hole in 3!

HemiEd
05-22-2006, 05:27 PM
A rare Golf Story for those of you that partake and enjoy the game. Yesterday, here: http://www.kleincreek.com/golf/proto/kleincreek/index.htm
I am having the worst round of my life, worse than the first day I played. I could not do anything right, I sucked, worse than sucked.
So we get to the 14th tee, 180 yard, par 3, straight into the wind. water in front and to the left of the green. I guessed a 200 yard shot. 5 wood is the choice.
So I over draw the ball onto the left bank, bounces into the water. Not unusual, happens all the time. Now usually I would drop a ball as close to the water as I could and cut about 80 yards off of the shot. Nope, tee up another one. The round is lost anyway and I am going to have to pay all of my wagers.
This time, it draws right in to the middle of the green, the way I imagined the first shot happening. Well, we watched it get close and then it disapeared, a hole in 3!
This has to be one of the rarest things in golf, since most people would drop closer to the hole. I have witnessed many holes in one, but never this. ROFL

rad
05-22-2006, 05:41 PM
Congrats (I guess?). I've never heard of that happening before. I need to go out and do 9 soon. I haven't been out yet this year.

shakesthecat
05-22-2006, 05:43 PM
Nice par

HemiEd
05-22-2006, 05:48 PM
Congrats (I guess?). I've never heard of that happening before. I need to go out and do 9 soon. I haven't been out yet this year.
Thanks, You should get out, soon.

Nice par

The definition of whipped cream on dogshit, thanks.

bogie
That had to be a little bitter sweet.

chiefsfaninNC
Nice save of par! Sounds like one of my rounds.

Herzig
05-22-2006, 05:49 PM
Sweet! There's not much better than hitting a great shot like that!

I had a hole in one back in 99...mostly luck...

bogie
05-22-2006, 05:51 PM
I've never had a hole in one. I've been close a couple of times (no cigar). I witnessed a buddy making a hole in one.

chiefsfaninNC
05-22-2006, 05:51 PM
Sweet! There's not much better than hitting a great shot like that!

:cuss: Damn you!!!! I think I would stop playing if I finally holed my tee.

HemiEd
05-22-2006, 05:59 PM
That had to be a little bitter sweet.

It really was, espcially since I am still waiting on my first hole in one. I did just hit that ball once, but it was a 3!

Nice save of par! Sounds like one of my rounds.

This was the highest score of my life, 25 shots higher than Saturday. Hope you do not do that.

Congrats, how long was it? I have witnessed a lot of them, and even a double Eagle, but have never had one.

JBucc
05-22-2006, 06:10 PM
Every man should get to shoot a hole in 1 before he dies. One of these would be pretty cool too thoughROFL

Herzig
05-22-2006, 06:18 PM
Congrats, how long was it? I have witnessed a lot of them, and even a double Eagle, but have never had one.

Very short hole, 2 tiered water surrounded green, 113 yds...with a sand wedge.

HemiEd
05-22-2006, 06:25 PM
Every man should get to shoot a hole in 1 before he dies. One of these would be pretty cool too thoughROFL
It was kind cool, hope not to die before I get the real thing. ROFL
That is a Pro Sand Wedge, I would be hitting a full wedge or little 9 depending on the wind. Did it back up into the hole?

Logical
05-22-2006, 06:43 PM
That is pretty cool. I was with a friend once who on a short par 4 probably accomplished one the weirdest things I have ever seen. He slices his tee shot out of bound and is mad. So he tees up for his 3rd shot and wails on it. We see it heading for a tree and then lose track of it (sort of a slight hill that blocks the view of the hole between it and the tee box). So we walk up to the tree and start searching for the ball. Now the tree is about 290 out and slightly to the right of the green and we are searching all over and finding nothing when a guy yells out to look in the hole. We think the guy is just pulling our leg but we have not found the ball. So we go look in hole and sure enough the ball is in there. Now we will never know if this is that guys idea of a practical joke or he was for real. We ask him what happened and he says it glanced off the tree and went straight onto the green and rolled right into the hole.

It makes a sweet story whether the guy did it as a practical joke or it really happened the way he said it did.

Dartgod
05-22-2006, 06:44 PM
Nice job. I've never had a hole-in-one. I did hole out from around 120 yds on a par 4 for an eagle once.

Logical
05-22-2006, 06:49 PM
Sadly I have never had a spectacular thing happen for me on a golf course in the times I have played. Though I once shot an 80 using nothing but Irons on a regulation par 70 course. I had given up hope of ever hitting my woods right that week. Thankfully unlike God and Lee Trevino I can hit a 1 iron.

HemiEd
05-22-2006, 06:57 PM
That is pretty cool. We ask him what happened and he says it glanced off the tree and went straight onto the green and rolled right into the hole.

It makes a sweet story whether the guy did it as a practical joke or it really happened the way he said it did.

Cool Story, I want to believe he did it.
Something to be said for being relaxed and to have already hit the shot once. I heard of a guy doing this on a par 4 at Pawnee Prairie (now called Tex Consolver) in Wichita, very wind aided. I think it was on his first swing though. The hole is 370, South to North. The wind really blows out of the South out there in the Summer.

Nice job. I've never had a hole-in-one. I did hole out from around 120 yds on a par 4 for an eagle once.

You must have hit a great TBall as well, congrats! I did that twice in the month of October, '91 and have not done it since. Both were from 150 yards. That has to say something about how wierd things go in this game.

HemiEd
05-22-2006, 07:00 PM
Sadly I have never had a spectacular thing happen for me on a golf course in the times I have played. Though I once shot an 80 using nothing but Irons on a regulation par 70 course. I had given up hope of ever hitting my woods right that week. Thankfully unlike God and Lee Trevino I can hit a 1 iron.

If you can hit long irons, especially a 1 iron, you must have a very good swing. Sounds like good course management to me.

Herzig
05-22-2006, 07:09 PM
That is a Pro Sand Wedge, I would be hitting a full wedge or little 9 depending on the wind. Did it back up into the hole?

I hit it 7 years ago when I was 28. Now, my SW goes about 80-85 yds. I would probably have to hit an easy PW now. That distance is inbetween clubs for me now..my GW is about 100-105.

The shot actually went past the hole up a ridge and trickled back down into the hole. Pretty lucky, but I guess you have to have the skill to get it somewhat close to the hole.

My Mom had a hole in one on a 170 yard hole with a 7 wood a couple of years ago in a ladies golf tournament at Hardscrabble CC in Fort Smith where the Rheem Classic is played(Nationwide Tour).

Herzig
05-22-2006, 07:13 PM
A rare Golf Story for those of you that partake and enjoy the game. Yesterday, here: http://www.kleincreek.com/golf/proto/kleincreek/index.htm
I am having the worst round of my life, worse than the first day I played. I could not do anything right, I sucked, worse than sucked.
So we get to the 14th tee, 180 yard, par 3, straight into the wind. water in front and to the left of the green. I guessed a 200 yard shot. 5 wood is the choice.
So I over draw the ball onto the left bank, bounces into the water. Not unusual, happens all the time. Now usually I would drop a ball as close to the water as I could and cut about 80 yards off of the shot. Nope, tee up another one. The round is lost anyway and I am going to have to pay all of my wagers.
This time, it draws right in to the middle of the green, the way I imagined the first shot happening. Well, we watched it get close and then it disapeared, a hole in 3!
This has to be one of the rarest things in golf, since most people would drop closer to the hole. I have witnessed many holes in one, but never this. ROFL

How are my old Pings BTW? I tried to sell William the Irish my GF's Dad's old LH PING ZINGS for $170...but he didn't want em...sold them on Ebay for $230

Skip Towne
05-22-2006, 07:18 PM
Was that the green that is shaped like Arkansas?

Herzig
05-22-2006, 07:19 PM
Was tat the green that is shaped like Arkansas?

Yep...did we play that?

Skip Towne
05-22-2006, 07:23 PM
Yep...did we play that?
Yes, we did. I hit the green and you said I was in Russellville. Did ou know Art Wall Jr. had more than 60 holes in one over his pro career?

Herzig
05-22-2006, 07:29 PM
Yes, we did. I hit the green and you said I was in Russellville. Did ou know Art Wall Jr. had more than 60 holes in one over his pro career?

When I hit mine, the hole was in "Clarksville". I think you told me about that guy.

sd4chiefs
05-22-2006, 07:36 PM
I made a mulligan eagle once. :mad:

HemiEd
05-22-2006, 08:17 PM
I made a mulligan eagle once. :mad:

How much did you pay for the mulligan?

KCChiefsMan
05-22-2006, 08:55 PM
when I was young I had a membership at el crappo Spring Hill golf course in Ark City and I hit a hole in one on a par 3...I was excited at the time too! :clap:

Phobia
05-22-2006, 09:03 PM
That is cool, about your Mom. I was taking a leak behind a tree once when I hear these woman going crazy on a par three tee out of sight. Went over the hill and one of them had a hole in one with a driver on a short part 3. ROFL

My sister had a hole-in-one on a 109 yard par 3 - with a 3 wood. She's played 2 rounds in her life. She rubs it in thick each time she sees me too. She even gave me a framed newspaper clipping of the event. It's an absolute nightmare.

Skip Towne
05-22-2006, 09:08 PM
My sister had a hole-in-one on a 109 yard par 3 - with a 3 wood. She's played 2 rounds in her life. She rubs it in thick each time she sees me too. She even gave me a framed newspaper clipping of the event. It's an absolute nightmare.
Saay! A 109 yard 3 wood. That Kloster power on display.

KCChiefsMan
05-22-2006, 09:08 PM

that made the newspaper?

Skip Towne
05-22-2006, 09:14 PM
that made the newspaper?
No, Phobia is just making up shit. He works for Athan you know.

Stinger
05-22-2006, 09:20 PM

ROFLROFLROFL

Hey in Phil's defense I have seen him THROW his driver over 109 yards.

Phobia
05-22-2006, 10:01 PM
that made the newspaper?

As a bullet. Many holes in one are recorded in the newspaper. It's not like it was an article or anything.

Phobia
05-22-2006, 10:02 PM

I'd put my 7 iron against your driver any day of the week.

Phobia
05-22-2006, 10:03 PM
ROFLROFLROFL
Hey in Phil's defense I have seen him THROW his driver over 109 yards.

Now you're telling one of them "golf stories". It was only about 95 yards.

Skip Towne
05-22-2006, 10:11 PM
I'd put my 3 wood against your driver any day of the week.
You can outdrive a 61 year old man? You really are powerful.

Miles
05-22-2006, 10:14 PM
Congrats on the shot Ed. You can at least have some bragging rights whenever anyone asks you the longest shot you have ever holed out.

Phobia
05-22-2006, 10:17 PM

Sorry. I'll revise the challenge.

Boozer
05-22-2006, 10:17 PM
Given the way my golf "career" has gone, I figure if I ever hole out from beyond 100 yards it will be on a par 4 for double bogey after going out of bounds twice off the tee.

With the exception of the last two times I've been out, I actually am playing the best golf of my life. Hell, I've already chipped in twice, matching my total for the previous three years by early May.

WilliamTheIrish
05-22-2006, 10:19 PM

Quit hiding behind your AARP membership. Get your ponytailed, sandal wearing, dope smoking, alligator mouth, canary ass out on the course.

WilliamTheIrish
05-22-2006, 10:19 PM
Sorry. I'll revise the challenge.

Revise it? To what? That you'll drive and live longer?

Phobia
05-22-2006, 10:23 PM
I changed it to "7 iron". I don't want the n00b hacking and wheezing on the tee box trying to hit that driver further than 185.

Skip Towne
05-22-2006, 10:30 PM
I changed it to "7 iron". I don't want the n00b hacking and wheezing on the tee box trying to hit that driver further than 185.
I defer to your golfing prowess. I only have one state chamionship compared to your...............how many do you have again?

Phobia
05-22-2006, 10:36 PM
I defer to your golfing prowess. I only have one state chamionship compared to your...............how many do you have again?

Well, if I lived in Kansas in 1920, I'd probably have a lot of golfing championships. But I really don't cling to many things that happened half a century ago.

Stinger
05-22-2006, 10:39 PM
Well, if I lived in Kansas in 1920, I'd probably have a lot of golfing championships. But I really don't cling to many things that happened half a century ago.

I would have gone the original 13 colonies route but that works just as well. ROFL

Skip Towne
05-22-2006, 10:40 PM
If you were around when I won you would be just the big headed kid saying "who the hell is that!" as I walked up with my scorecard.

Phobia
05-22-2006, 10:44 PM
If you were around when I won you would be just the big headed kid saying "who the hell is that!" as I walked up with my scorecard.

Nah, I would have assumed you were Moses toting around a couple stone tablets.

Skip Towne
05-22-2006, 10:49 PM
Nah, I would have assumed you were Moses toting around a couple stone tablets.
You wouldn't have gotten very close to me. When I showed up the crowd parted like the Red Sea.

Phobia
05-22-2006, 10:50 PM
You wouldn't have gotten very close to me. When I showed up the crowd parted like the Red Sea.

I think it's the metamucil.

Skip Towne
05-22-2006, 10:54 PM
I think it's the metamucil.
Pink thinks it's cute. When are you going out of town again?

Phobia
05-22-2006, 10:56 PM
She's not falling for the "I'll bounce you on my knee" trick again, Skip.

Skip Towne
05-22-2006, 10:59 PM
She's not falling for the "I'll bounce you on my knee" trick again, Skip.
She should never have had a kid by you what with the big head and all. Now you have to tie a 2x4 on your ass to keep from falling in.

Phobia
05-22-2006, 11:04 PM
She should never have had a kid by you what with the big head and all. Now you have to tie a 2x4 on your ass to keep from falling in.

We cut the kid out. Heh.

Skip Towne
05-22-2006, 11:06 PM
We cut the kid out. Heh.
OK, you win. I missed my nap today so I have to go to bed.

HemiEd
05-23-2006, 02:18 AM
when I was young I had a membership at el crappo Spring Hill golf course in Ark City and I hit a hole in one on a par 3...I was excited at the time too! :clap:
That is great, it is a hole in one just the same whether it was at a crap course or not you hit the shot.

Isn't that crazy. I used to have a friend in Wichita that got one, each of his first two years of playing, but none since. I was with him on the first one, #2 at Hidden Lakes.

Miles
05-23-2006, 03:00 AM
Isn't that crazy. I used to have a friend in Wichita that got one, each of his first two years of playing, but none since. I was with him on the first one, #2 at Hidden Lakes.

Kind of odd how that works. The few people that I know that have managed to get a hole in one are not exactly low handycap golfers.

Herzig
05-23-2006, 05:26 AM
That is cool, about your Mom. I was taking a leak behind a tree once when I hear these woman going crazy on a par three tee out of sight. Went over the hill and one of them had a hole in one with a driver on a short part 3. ROFL
I played one round, hooked them bad due to the offset. I put a Cleveland SW with them and sold them on Ebay. :D

Wow...those I/3 blades don't have too much offset...especially on the wedges and short irons. The longer irons have a bit though. I'm sure you at least got your $ back on them though. That's the great thing about Pings...they hold their value...that's for sure.

MahiMike
05-23-2006, 06:28 AM
Dude, I feel for ya. I had ALMOST the exact same experience. Par 3, 1 ball in the swamp, 2nd ball rattles the pin. I'm thinking 'Almost a hole in 1!'. My partner says, 'Nice bogey'.

HemiEd
05-23-2006, 06:29 AM
Kind of odd how that works. The few people that I know that have managed to get a hole in one are not exactly low handycap golfers.

Yep, as you and several others have mentioned, a tremendous amount of luck is involved.

Wow...those I/3 blades don't have too much offset...especially on the wedges and short irons. The longer irons have a bit though. I'm sure you at least got your $ back on them though. That's the great thing about Pings...they hold their value...that's for sure.

It was probably me thinking about the offset, you know how goofy we can get about those things.
One of the reasons I jumped on your good deal so quick, is that I knew there would not be a problem getting my money back just like you said. I probably made $40 when the cost of the Sand Wedges is calculated in.
You gave me a great deal Greg, Thanks!

Stinger
05-23-2006, 08:16 AM

Who cares what the course was like you hit the shot that is all that counts. My father has had 5, one was off a tree :spock: .

Me I still am waiting ... hit the stick several times even had one halfway over the lip of the cup, never fell in. I've had a double digit eagles, and even a double eagle, yet no ace, who know maybe this will be the year.

HemiEd
05-23-2006, 06:02 PM
Dude, I feel for ya. I had ALMOST the exact same experience. Par 3, 1 ball in the swamp, 2nd ball rattles the pin. I'm thinking 'Almost a hole in 1!'. My partner says, 'Nice bogey'.
ROFL That is funny, that is what I was hoping for, an easy bogey when I saw it rolling towards the hole.