PDA

View Full Version : What will be the most intriguing training camp battles?

Rain Man
05-22-2006, 05:43 PM
Poll to follow in 49! 32! Bluuuuuuue! Hut! Hut! Hut!

rad
05-22-2006, 05:46 PM
Both safety spots methinks

Mr. Flopnuts
05-22-2006, 05:47 PM
I'm looking forward to Greg Wesley vs. The Bonecrusher. Hicks vs. Hali will be good. I also think that if the rumors are true and Priest is done and we get Michael Bennett that will be fun to watch with him and Q-Tip. I think Q has more game than people are giving him cred for. Time will tell, but those are my top 2 and a rumor................

Hammock Parties
05-22-2006, 05:49 PM
Printers vs Croyle is my favorite.

Fox vs Bell

Crap Thorpe vs Parker

Walls vs Battle/Hodge

Rain Man
05-22-2006, 05:51 PM
I went with "Will Priest be back?" and "Who will emerge as the starting DTs?"

With the emergence of LJ, Priest has become a forgotten man pretty quickly, which is surprising given his phenomenal production. Getting him back as a third-down/goal-line/spell LJ back would be huge.

On the DT front, we've got Sims, Dalton, Browning, Siavii, and maybe Wilkerson. Am I forgetting anybody? A key to our season will be whether Sims and/or Siavii play to their potential. I'd be thrilled if the two of them earned starting spots.

Rain Man
05-22-2006, 05:54 PM
I probably should've added the question of whether Kendall Gammon will be back.

alanm
05-22-2006, 05:54 PM
It could be the bar fights. :thumb:

rad
05-22-2006, 05:56 PM
What happened to that DE we drafted last year? I think his name was Khari Long.

Rain Man
05-22-2006, 05:58 PM
What happened to that DE we drafted last year? I think his name was Khari Long.

He was kidnapped by the Bears or the Packers or someone.

Hydrae
05-22-2006, 05:58 PM
Pollard looks to be a fun story to follow this year and I am glad there is even anything to follow with the QBOTF question.

htismaqe
05-22-2006, 06:16 PM
Well, I don't think Priest will be back and I think it's a given that Walls will start.

Pollard is definitely the guy I'm watching. And if unseats anybody, it will be Knight, not Wesley.

FloridaMan88
05-22-2006, 06:20 PM
Printers vs Croyle... the Chiefs have legit competition between two talented young QBs for the first time in forever

The entire WR position after Kennison... should be interesting to see if Joiner can make chicken salad out of chicken shit.

The entire CB position after Surtain... who will be the #2 CB, who will play nickle, etc.

jlscorpio
05-22-2006, 09:55 PM
I'm hoping Fox DOMINATES Bell's fat azz and sends him packin'

noa
05-22-2006, 09:59 PM
Ryan Sims vs. the team dietitian

keg in kc
05-22-2006, 10:06 PM
Pollard vs. Knight.

And I think the continued development of Kawika Mitchell will contribute to that. If he takes over as the onfield QB (which he apparently is doing), Knight's more expendable.

Lots of things to watch at camp this year. It's exciting to know that people will be able to compete for jobs for a change. That was one of the (few) problems I had with Vermeil's way of doing things: too many jobs handed to veterans.

Logical
05-22-2006, 10:12 PM
Just how much our offensive productivity will go down (I expect a huge dropoff) with a big TOP increase.

Who will play CB opposite of Surtain.

Hammock Parties
05-22-2006, 10:17 PM
Just how much our offensive productivity will go down (I expect a huge dropoff) with a big TOP increase.

You're stupid.

keg in kc
05-22-2006, 10:18 PM
Don't you mean stoopid?

keg in kc
05-22-2006, 10:19 PM
My second pick was Hali vs. Hicks, fwiw. That one will be interesting as well.

Don't care about the backup QB's, because nomatter who it is, if he has to play for any extended period of time...we're f*cked.

Boozer
05-22-2006, 10:22 PM
Where's Reid vs. Boomer?

kcfanXIII
05-22-2006, 10:30 PM
back up qb, definantly. what i saw at mini camp huard was huar-able. i think that the competition between croyle and printers could push them both passed the never was.

pollard looks to make an impact somewhere, i think he'll make a run at the free safety spot, he's more athletic than wesly and probably better in coverage.

hali will push hicks from the starting spot by week five or six, if not before. hix has become complacent in his starting job, happy with being an average at best de. hali seems to have an attitude like LJ, exactly what the defense needs.

Hammock Parties
05-22-2006, 10:36 PM
Don't care about the backup QB's, because nomatter who it is, if he has to play for any extended period of time...we're f*cked.

I bet Patriots fans were saying that in 2001.

keg in kc
05-22-2006, 10:40 PM
I bet Patriots fans were saying that in 2001.I doubt that, with Bledsoe.

Either way, while you have your Tom Brady or Kurt Warner once in a blue moon, most of the time losing your starting QB means golf in January, rather than football.

What Croyle and/or Printers will be 2 or 3 years from now interests me. Not so much what they'll be in September. I hope we don't see either one of them in 2006. Or Huard.