PDA

View Full Version : Anybody catch Trent on Between the Lines?

htismaqe
05-22-2006, 06:17 PM
I only caught part of it (poor reception) but I was DEFINITELY happy with the part I heard.

He said they're working to use a wristband so he has alot more plays to choose from in impromptu situations like the 2-minute drill...

JBucc
05-22-2006, 06:18 PM
Trent don't need no stinkin wristband

rad
05-22-2006, 06:19 PM
I thought usually backups and rookies used those until they get the playbook down...

Brock
05-22-2006, 06:19 PM
That is good news.

tk13
05-22-2006, 06:22 PM
That should be interesting. The wristband might help so he doesn't forget a possible play and has them all right in front of him.

On the other hand, now Shanahan will hire an Ivy League grad who can knock Trent down and memorize the wristband in 3.2 seconds, rendering our offense useless.

htismaqe
05-22-2006, 06:27 PM
He said that he only had a handful of plays that he memorized before every game in case he needed them.

He said the wristband would greatly expand the number of adhoc plays they could call.

He also said he's had a considerable amount of conversation with Shea and Solari and yes - they're asking for his opinion.

I think this is GREAT news. It sounds like they're actually going to open the offense up a bit.

rad
05-22-2006, 06:29 PM
What are adhoc plays?

JBucc
05-22-2006, 06:31 PM
I bet some day the entire team will have a little visor that displays all the plays like in Madden, and all the OC or QB has to do is put in a play on their's and all the players see it and what their blocking assignment/route is etc. That would be cool.

htismaqe
05-22-2006, 06:31 PM
What are adhoc plays?

unplanned or impromptu

HemiEd
05-22-2006, 06:33 PM
That should be interesting. The wristband might help so he doesn't forget a possible play and has them all right in front of him.

On the other hand, now Shanahan will hire an Ivy League grad who can knock Trent down and memorize the wristband in 3.2 seconds, rendering our offense useless.

This is great news but tk13 made me laugh out loud.

ZootedGranny
05-22-2006, 06:35 PM
Giving Trent the flexibility to make his own calls at the line is one of the best things Herm has done thus far.

Kylo Ren
05-22-2006, 06:35 PM
What are adhoc plays? It's like an adhoc committee.

Kylo Ren
05-22-2006, 06:36 PM
I bet some day the entire team will have a little visor that displays all the plays like in Madden, and all the OC or QB has to do is put in a play on their's and all the players see it and what their blocking assignment/route is etc. That would be cool. Maybe they could have robots instead of players too. :(

rad
05-22-2006, 06:41 PM
Giving Trent the flexibility to make his own calls at the line is one of the best things Herm has done thus far.

Sounds like Herm's gonna give the guys that have made our O successful a little breathing room. Let 'em keep on keepin' on.

stevieray
05-22-2006, 06:51 PM
He said that he only had a handful of plays that he memorized before every game in case he needed them.

He said the wristband would greatly expand the number of adhoc plays they could call.

He also said he's had a considerable amount of conversation with Shea and Solari and yes - they're asking for his opinion.

I think this is GREAT news. It sounds like they're actually going to open the offense up a bit.

I've always thought that taking playcalling away from the QB hurt the game, and your team..no one knows what works better than the guy on the field, well, except for shortbus QB's like Plummint, who need a leash to succeed.

htismaqe
05-22-2006, 07:02 PM
I agree with both of you.

If anybody can take command of this offense, it's Trent and Willie and Will. Let them go...I think this offense might be able to get BETTER...

FAX
05-22-2006, 07:05 PM

If anybody can take command of this offense, it's Trent and Willie and Will. Let them go...I think this offense might be able to get BETTER...

Amen.

FAX

Iowanian
05-22-2006, 08:11 PM
I'd think it'd be easier to read, if he just drew the Audibles on Shields', Waters', and Weigeman's glutes. The RBs could See them too.

kc rush
05-22-2006, 09:41 PM
With them working on getting calls in to Trent quicker, he will have time to make those adjustments if he sees a different defensive allignment. I'll be interested in seeing this O perform.

Nzoner
05-22-2006, 09:51 PM

There comes a moment in each off season when I reach the next level of anticipation for a new season,after reading that,I'm there.

Stinger
05-22-2006, 09:57 PM
I've always thought that taking playcalling away from the QB hurt the game, and your team..no one knows what works better than the guy on the field,

Exactly right. Wasn't it the Eagles game, i believe it was that game, that INT that Trent threw, that he could not audible?

Hammock Parties
05-22-2006, 10:15 PM
I agree with Parker.

This is definitely a good thing. Just another example why Al Saunders wasn't god's gift to football.

Megbert
05-22-2006, 10:22 PM
I agree gonna be nice to get Trent to the line quicker. Hopefully he won't point and and do a lil dance number like Manning.

Eleazar
05-22-2006, 10:28 PM
I'd like to see Trent as a QB coach here after his playing days are done. He seems like a guy who would have good potential to rise in the coaching ranks too.

Hammock Parties
05-22-2006, 10:36 PM
I'd like to see Trent as a QB coach here after his playing days are done. He seems like a guy who would have good potential to rise in the coaching ranks too.

Trent has shitloads of money. Why would he bust ass as an assistant coach?

morphius
05-22-2006, 10:52 PM

Assuming of course Roaf stays healthy...

Cormac
05-23-2006, 06:30 AM
I don't know why everybody is so excited. All the wristband plays will be variations on "run up the middle".

:p

MahiMike
05-23-2006, 06:33 AM
I'd rather see him with a wireless receiver that goes directly to Washington to a guy named Al... :deevee:

htismaqe
05-23-2006, 07:43 AM
I'd rather see him with a wireless receiver that goes directly to Washington to a guy named Al... :deevee:

We don't need Al.

htismaqe
05-23-2006, 07:43 AM

For the love of the game.

Lzen
05-23-2006, 07:45 AM

U dumbass. It's not always all about the money with these guys. Some really love the game. Yeah, the money helps a lot, but some guys really wanna stay in the game and go into coaching. It wouldn't be the first time that a former player became a coach.

Eleazar
05-23-2006, 07:58 AM

To prove to the world for the 11,000,000th time that you're a dipshit.

dtebbe
05-23-2006, 08:27 AM

Why? So he can call a reverse on 3rd and inches? :shrug:

DT

Hammock Parties
05-23-2006, 04:34 PM
U dumbass. It's not always all about the money with these guys. Some really love the game. Yeah, the money helps a lot, but some guys really wanna stay in the game and go into coaching. It wouldn't be the first time that a former player became a coach.

Name one guy who made money hand over fist that is now an assisstant coach.

milkman
05-23-2006, 08:38 PM
Name one guy who made money hand over fist that is now an assisstant coach.

I'd bet that Mike Singletary made a pretty fair sum of money.

Hammock Parties
05-23-2006, 08:40 PM
I'd bet that Mike Singletary made a pretty fair sum of money.

He retired before free agency. I bet he didn't make more than he's making now as an assistant coach.

keg in kc
05-23-2006, 08:54 PM
Trent's working towards a studio job (anybody watch ESPN draft coverage the last couple of years?). He'll never coach.

And gochiefs point is valid; not many highly-paid, all pro calibre players become coaches. That's just reality.

dj56dt58
05-23-2006, 09:43 PM
That's good news. That should limit their turnovers quite a bit next season. If he picks of a blitz, or something else in the D that their not prepared for, he can change the play rather that be stuck with the one their on and make a bad throw or get sacked/lose a fumble. I think this is especially important if we have a young FB next season, as he might not be able to adjust quickly enough mid play..

Gaz
05-24-2006, 06:07 AM
I have no problem with Green calling more plays.

This is a Good Thing.

xoxo~
Gaz
Likes the move.