PDA

View Full Version : Mavs win in San Antonio!!!

PunkinDrublic
05-22-2006, 09:10 PM
How does it feel boot accessory fans? Enjoy your offseason. Just think, if the Spurs would have whined hard enough they could have got Jason Terry suspended for two games and could have won the last game handily.

Mavs have a legit shot at the finals and a possible championship!!!

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
05-22-2006, 09:11 PM
Finally I can go back to hating the Mavs!

VonneMarie
05-22-2006, 09:13 PM
The Spurs are finished! PBJ PBJ PBJ

Mile High Mania
05-22-2006, 09:19 PM
Great freaking series! I imagine a Mavs/Suns series could be entertaining as well...

58-4ever
05-22-2006, 09:23 PM
Great freaking series! I imagine a Mavs/Suns series could be entertaining as well...

A Mavs/Clippers series would be even better.

Megbert
05-22-2006, 09:27 PM
GO SUNS!

PunkinDrublic
05-22-2006, 09:29 PM
I'll be the first to admit I'm a bandwagon Mavs fan, but when I moved down here from KC 6 years ago they were absolutely horrible. At the time I could get damn near courtside seats for next to nothing. I kind of adopted them as my favorite NBA team partly because I have so much admiration and respect for Mark Cuban.

This was a great series to say the least, but I think the emergence of Devin Harris made the difference. Our guardplay was superior. Ultimately I give credit to Dirk for stepping up and being a leader.

58-4ever
05-22-2006, 09:29 PM
Go Clippers! :)

Spicy McHaggis
05-22-2006, 09:33 PM
Honestly this is the first NBA playoffs I've watched from the start in a long time. I'm a Bulls fan so obviously I had a rooting interest in the first round but these series beyond that have actually been pretty compelling.

It's hard to root against someone who just goes to work and quietly gets it done like Duncan but I'm glad the Mav's are the ones that advanced. Finally got over that hump.

VonneMarie
05-22-2006, 09:38 PM
http://www.ssur.org/news/items/2005/200507/images/DetroitPistons_PL.jpg

PunkinDrublic
05-22-2006, 09:39 PM
Honestly this is the first NBA playoffs I've watched from the start in a long time. I'm a Bulls fan so obviously I had a rooting interest in the first round but these series beyond that have actually been pretty compelling.

It's hard to root against someone who just goes to work and quietly gets it done like Duncan but I'm glad the Mav's are the ones that advanced. Finally got over that hump.

Series like this one are what made the NBA great in the eightees.

ImAWalkingCorpse
05-22-2006, 09:44 PM
Mavs/Suns or Mavs/Clippers will be a great series, a hell of alot better than that trashketball played by Detoilet or Miami.

chiefs4me
05-22-2006, 09:44 PM
PBJPBJPBJ

Wonder what Fin is thinking??:D

Spicy McHaggis
05-22-2006, 09:49 PM
http://www.ssur.org/news/items/2005/200507/images/DetroitPistons_PL.jpg

Ben Wallace is the man. He may not put up great point numbers but he sure as shit isn't going to let you score on the block.

Psyko Tek
05-22-2006, 10:13 PM
Congratulations

See ya sunday

I hope

Hammock Parties
05-22-2006, 10:37 PM
BOO YAH!

Hammock Parties
05-22-2006, 10:40 PM
http://images.sportsline.com/u/ap/photos/SAA130052223_1024x768.jpg

hypersensitiveZO6
05-22-2006, 10:40 PM
:rockon: :thumb: :) o:-) :holdman: :hail: rochambeau :toast:

kcfanXIII
05-22-2006, 10:46 PM
i'm not a die hard b-ball fan, but i wish every owner of every team in sports acted like mark cuban. i hope he gets a championship, he deserves it.

Psyko Tek
05-22-2006, 11:31 PM
SUNS WIN !!!!!

See ya wednesday!!!

got the dates wrong on my first post

DaKCMan AP
05-23-2006, 05:19 AM
Go Heat

FAX
05-23-2006, 07:14 AM
That was one heck of a game.

Almost makes me want to start watching the NBA more.

FAX

Lzen
05-23-2006, 07:55 AM
Since there is no team near KC, I have never really had a favorite. I have a few that I like. Dallas is one that I really started taking an interest in a few years ago. I watched most of this series (missed first 2 games) and it was very entertaining. I'm so glad the Spurs are out. Congrats Mavs. I like the Suns, too (liked 'em since the Barkley, Marley, Ainge, KJ days) so, it's gonna be hard to root for or against either team. However, I think the Mavs have the best shot at a championship because they've started to play some defense.

BTW, does anyone feel bad for Michael Finley? That's gotta suck. :shake:

Dr. Johnny Fever
05-23-2006, 07:57 AM
Gawd I hate the Spurs. Gawd I hate Tony Parker. Gawd am I glad the Mavs won!

Lzen
05-23-2006, 08:11 AM
Gawd I hate the Spurs. Gawd I hate Tony Parker. Gawd am I glad the Mavs won!

I hate that little bastard, too. And Bruce Bowen. WTF is all this talk like he's a great defender? Hell, he was hacking Nowitzki a lot while Dirk was dribbling. I was wondering how that was not a foul. That guy should've fouled out of the game by the 3rd quarter. And I can't stand Ginobili. Although I have to admit that guy is one helluva player. Gives a huge effort every game. Tim Duncan is okay, but he does whine about foul calls way too much.

BIG_DADDY
05-23-2006, 09:41 AM
Frankly I could give rat's ass who wins in the West. If it's possible to like an owner and not like a team I like Dallas. Cuban has done one hell of a job over there. Then again there has been the persistence of the Suns which you have to respect. Either of these teams advancing wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. As for the East I want the Heat. I don't like the Pistons and the Heat are kind of like the Lakers East coast style. That being said I think we will see the Pistons and the Mav's in the finals.

Katipan
05-23-2006, 10:03 AM
I think Mark Cuban is the most obnoxious piece of chit in basketball.

htismaqe
05-23-2006, 10:07 AM
I have to admit, I'm secretly rooting for the Mavs.

I like Cuban.

Katipan
05-23-2006, 10:11 AM
You are a homosexuaL!!!!!!

Everyone likes that idiot.

shakesthecat
05-23-2006, 10:12 AM

I like Cuban.

Same here.
I'd love it if either the Chiefs or Royals had an owner like him.

Katipan
05-23-2006, 10:13 AM
He's as nutty as Tom Cruise.

I don't want the Chiefs being run by Tom Cruise.

htismaqe
05-23-2006, 10:13 AM
You are a homosexuaL!!!!!!

Everyone likes that idiot.

Honestly, he reminds me of ME.

He's a techno-geek. He's a fan. He's just a normal guy that happens to have made a few billion dollars.

Katipan
05-23-2006, 10:14 AM
I just dont picture you acting like a lunatic if you had a billion dollars.

htismaqe
05-23-2006, 10:18 AM

I don't think he acts like a lunatic really.

He's just a fanatical fan that also happens to have a few hundred million dollars invested in whether or not they win...

Katipan
05-23-2006, 10:18 AM
ok. He just gets really really good coke then.

Lzen
05-23-2006, 10:19 AM

Why not? Parker already acts like a lunatic and he doesn't have a billion dollars. :D

Katipan
05-23-2006, 10:19 AM
Parker too gets really really good coke. :D

htismaqe
05-23-2006, 10:22 AM
MMMMMMMM....

Lzen
05-23-2006, 10:24 AM
Hey wait a second! Parker said he quit that stuff.

Parker lied, people died!!

Mile High Mania
05-23-2006, 10:25 AM
Cuban has definitely done an amazing job since buying the team from Perot jr. I like how Nelly built the framework of the team and Avery taking over was perfect timing.

There's not really a guy on the team that fits the a-hole mold, and how can you not like Dirk?

The series with the Suns will likely be every bit as wild as the Spurs series. And, you have another ex-Mav that has done nothing but win the league MVP twice since leaving. Lots of drama in this one. I think the Mavs are the better team, but I'm willing to bet it goes 6 games and each one will be tight.

BIG_DADDY
05-23-2006, 10:27 AM

I like Cuban.

They were doing an interview with Cuban and asking him about the franchise when he took it over. He said it was a total mess and nobody even wanted to come to the games. First thing we need to do is get the fans back so we went around from strip club to strip club handing out free tickets. How do you not like a guy like that?

BIG_DADDY
05-23-2006, 10:31 AM
Parker too gets really really good coke. :D

The only thing I have to say about Parker is he did one hell of a job getting himself a woman. I don't know how he gets out of bed in the morning.

Katipan
05-23-2006, 10:33 AM
The best nerds always get the hottest chicks.

You didn't know?

|Zach|
05-23-2006, 10:33 AM
He's as nutty as Tom Cruise.

I don't want the Chiefs being run by Tom Cruise.

(Via BlogMaverick)

Success and Motivation - You only have to be right once!

In basketball you have to shoot 50pct. If you make an extra 10 shots per hundred, you are an All-Star. In baseball you have to get a hit 30 pct of the time. If you get an extra 10 hits per hundred at bats, you are on the cover of every magazine, lead off every SportsCenter and make the Hall of Fame.

In Business, the odds are a little different. You don’t have to break the Mendoza line (hitting .200). In fact, it doesnt matter how many times you strike out. In business, to be a success, you only have to be right once.

One single solitary time and you are set for life. That’s the beauty of the business world.

I like to tell the story of how I started my first business at age 12, selling garbage bags. No one ever has asked if I was any good or made money at it. I was, and I did…enough to buy some tennis shoes :).

I like to tell the story of how I started up a bar, Motley’s Pub when I wasn’t even of legal drinking age the summer before my senior year at Indiana University. No one really asks me how it turned out. It was great until we got busted for letting a 16-year-old win a wet t-shirt contest (I swear I checked her ID, and it was good!).

No one really asks me about my adventures working for Mellon Bank, or Tronics 2000, or trying to start a business selling powdered milk (it was cheaper by the gallon, and I thought it tasted good). They don’t ask me about working as a bartender at night at Elans when I first got to Dallas, or getting fired from my job at Your Business Software for wanting to close a sale rather than sweeping the floor and opening up the store.

No ever asked me about what it was like when I started MicroSolutions and how I used to count the months I was in business, hoping to outlast my previous endeavors and make this one a success.

With every effort, I learned a lot. With every mistake and failure, not only mine, but of those around me, I learned what not to do. I also got to study the success of those I did business with as well. I had more than a healthy dose of fear, and an unlimited amount of hope, and more importantly, no limit on time and effort.

Fortunately, things turned out well for me with MicroSolutions. I sold it after 7 years and made enough money to take time off and have a whole lot of fun.

Back then I can remember vividly people telling me how lucky I was to sell my business at the right time.

Then when I took that money and started trading technology stocks that were in the areas that MIcroSolutions focused on. I remember vividly being told how lucky I was to have expertise in such a hot area, as technology stocks started to trade up.

Of course, no one wanted to comment on how lucky I was to spend time reading software manuals, or Cisco Router manuals, or sitting in my house testing and comparing new technologies, but that’s a topic for another blog post.

The point of all this is that it doesn’t matter how many times you fail. It doesn’t matter how many times you almost get it right. No one is going to know or care about your failures, and either should you. All you have to do is learn from them and those around you because…

All that matters in business is that you get it right once.

Then everyone can tell you how lucky you are.

Katipan
05-23-2006, 10:34 AM
He's his biggest fan.

htismaqe
05-23-2006, 10:36 AM
The only thing I have to say about Parker is he did one hell of a job getting himself a woman. I don't know how he gets out of bed in the morning.

ROFL

I think she was talking about ME, not Tony. :D

Katipan
05-23-2006, 10:37 AM
shhhhh!!!

Katipan
05-23-2006, 10:38 AM
Go Suns!!

What an awesome 5000th post.

BIG_DADDY
05-23-2006, 10:41 AM
The best nerds always get the hottest chicks.

You didn't know?

All I know is if I was him right now after having just lost I would be scheduling some series bed time.

Katipan
05-23-2006, 10:42 AM
ROFL

This whole conversation has made me feel drunk, and I haven't done anything illicit in 5 hours.

BIG_DADDY
05-23-2006, 10:42 AM
ROFL

I think she was talking about ME, not Tony. :D

I'm just looking for an excuse to post about Eva some more. :drool:

Katipan
05-23-2006, 10:45 AM
I could be her twin, you know.

htismaqe
05-23-2006, 10:50 AM
ROFL

BIG_DADDY
05-23-2006, 10:56 AM
I could be her twin, you know.

Then Endo is my hero and he really needs to learn to share. :)

John_Locke
05-23-2006, 08:01 PM
spurs and clips out

bball done for me this year

DaKCMan AP
05-23-2006, 08:47 PM
that was fun :D

Heat 1 Pissheads 0

Wade and Shaq playing only 25 and 26 mins

BIG_DADDY
05-24-2006, 01:42 PM
that was fun :D

Heat 1 Pissheads 0

Wade and Shaq playing only 25 and 26 mins

I would really like to see the Heat take it all. I have always liked Riley a lot.

Anyone but the Pistons.