PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Turley to sign?

ChiefClint
05-23-2006, 08:47 PM
Just saw on NFL network that Kyle Turley is close to signing with the Chiefs as a ....Tight End! He's only 265 right now and they want to play him at tight end until he beefs up a little. Thoughts?

DaKCMan AP
05-23-2006, 08:48 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=141215

Halfcan
05-23-2006, 08:48 PM
and we let TRich go-Carl is drunk. Very Poor signing.

petegz28
05-23-2006, 08:57 PM
and we let TRich go-Carl is drunk. Very Poor signing.

I call B.S. TRich wanted to leave. We didn't let him go. He had his mind made up.

petegz28
05-23-2006, 08:59 PM
Ok so tell me who wants to tackle LJ with Dunn, Roaf, Waters,Turley and Shields pulling and getting out in front?

Moooo
05-23-2006, 09:28 PM
Ok so tell me who wants to tackle LJ with Dunn, Roaf, Waters,Turley and Shields pulling and getting out in front?

So, is Turley going to try playing tackle, cause I heard he was just gonna stick to being a tight end.

Moooo

Phobia
05-23-2006, 09:31 PM
Our beat reporter placed him at Arrowhead last week. Said he's slimmed way down and was really muscular. I really don't see him making the team as a TE.

Hammock Parties
05-23-2006, 09:33 PM
REPOST

Skip Towne
05-23-2006, 09:42 PM
Our beat reporter placed him at Arrowhead last week. Said he's slimmed way down and was really muscular. I really don't see him making the team as a TE.
Really, Zach doesn't know a hell of a lot about it.

Phobia
05-23-2006, 09:44 PM
Zach isn't our beat reporter. We have an actual beat reporter - goes by "Mike Campbell". He's pretty sharp too.

Miles
05-23-2006, 09:51 PM

Has he gotten smaller than TE size? Seems like that would be a huge dropoff in weight for a former tackle.

Phobia
05-23-2006, 09:51 PM
No, he's still a pretty large TE.

nychief
05-23-2006, 09:52 PM
Overheard at the Spring Meeting ... Click here to find out more!

Adam Schefter By Adam Schefter
NFL Analyst

Adam Schefter's "Around the League" reports and commentaries can be seen regularly on NFL Total Access.

DENVER (May 23, 2006) -- When owners, general managers and executives from 32 NFL teams assemble in one area, ideas and information begin flying.

For two days, they have been flying around in mile-high air.

•Look for the Kansas City Chiefs to soon reach agreement with former first-round pick Kyle Turley, who recently went to a Miami Dolphins minicamp. After sitting out football for one year, Turley's back is feeling considerably better, and he is expected to play tight end in Kansas City. But the Chiefs also plan to remain open to the idea to switching Turley back to offensive tackle if and when he can add weight to his current 260-pound frame.

nychief
05-23-2006, 09:53 PM
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a151/ssladybug/KyleTurley.jpg

nychief
05-23-2006, 09:54 PM
http://www.rotarylombardiaward.com/turleysf.jpg

Chiefaholic
05-23-2006, 10:30 PM
REPOST

Shut up B****!!!

Eleazar
05-23-2006, 11:18 PM
Why not, I guess. Let him get some light work, maybe use him in the road-grater sets. If his health holds up, maybe by next year he could add some bulk and become more useful.

Despite being smaller, he still has the experience of playing on the offensive line in the league and seems like someone you could use on 2 or 3 plays from scrimmage a game. We have kept people active on gamedays who don't even contribute that many times.

Moooo
05-23-2006, 11:35 PM
Lets strip it down to what we got. We have a guy coming off a very serious injury who has taken a whole year off in order to get better. He has dropped a lot of weight, but has more than sufficient size for his new position and still has the skill of a Pro Bowl blocker (that doesn't go away). I fail to see where the problem is.

I have a feeling this offseason will be spent with Dunn lining up in the backfield moreso than usual. Even if it isn't, and even if the only thing he ends up being good for is goal line situations, I can tell you right now having a former Pro Bowl blocker as the tight end on the weak side (if you can call it that) sounds nothing but good to me.

Moooo

Moooo
05-23-2006, 11:36 PM
OOPS!

Miles
05-23-2006, 11:40 PM
Lets strip it down to what we got. We have a guy coming off a very serious injury who has taken a whole year off in order to get better. He has dropped a lot of weight, but has more than sufficient size for his new position and still has the skill of a Pro Bowl blocker (that doesn't go away). I fail to see where the problem is.

Exacty. At worst he is higher profile training camp fodder. Pretty good upside with little risk.

T-post Tom
05-23-2006, 11:50 PM
Sounds like a low risk bet. A little strange: Gonzo, Dunn, Wilson, Turley. 4 TE set anyone? :) What's Dunn going to think about this?

Moooo
05-23-2006, 11:54 PM
Sounds like a low risk bet. A little strange: Gonzo, Dunn, Wilson, Turley. 4 TE set anyone? :) What's Dunn going to think about this?

I don't see those 4 at TE with a rookie FB in the backfield. Though I could be very wrong. Maybe they'll try some sort of formation with a single back and 4 TEs. If it was last year, I'd actually guarantee Saunders would try it.

Moooo

T-post Tom
05-24-2006, 12:12 AM
I don't see those 4 at TE with a rookie FB in the backfield. Though I could be very wrong. Maybe they'll try some sort of formation with a single back and 4 TEs. If it was last year, I'd actually guarantee Saunders would try it.

Moooo

I hear that Al has Joe Gibbs lining up as the Skins' new "factor back." :p

KCChiefsMan
05-24-2006, 12:17 AM
REPOST

Moooo
05-24-2006, 12:19 AM
I hear that Al has Joe Gibbs lining up as the Skins' new "factor back." :p

I wholeheartedly believe you :) . He'll probably have him run a reverse, too!

Moooo

StcChief
05-24-2006, 05:08 AM
Geez the Chiefs must see something we don't or he cheap and the contract is so one sided......

Could be a career resurgence story in the future.....

If Turley is/wants to be back in FB...I didn't see that with Rams. could be the injury.

Gaz
05-24-2006, 06:05 AM
I do not see a real downside here. He is cuttable if things do not work out and he brings some experience to the team.

You gotta kiss a lot of frogs before you find your prince.

I would be stunned if he plays a single down as TE in a real game.

xoxo~
Gaz
Not outraged by this move.

Bob Dole
05-24-2006, 06:36 AM
NFL.com finally added it.

•Look for the Kansas City Chiefs to soon reach agreement with former first-round pick Kyle Turley, who recently went to a Miami Dolphins minicamp. After sitting out football for one year, Turley's back is feeling considerably better, and he is expected to play tight end in Kansas City. But the Chiefs also plan to remain open to the idea to switching Turley back to offensive tackle if and when he can add weight to his current 260-pound frame.

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/9456737

htismaqe
05-24-2006, 07:08 AM
I said it a month ago when they first started looking. This is a GREAT move.

At worst, you cut him and lose nothing. At best, he's healthy and can add weight...can you imagine him lining up at RT with the rest of our hogs?

Iowanian
05-24-2006, 07:39 AM
I see no downside.

He's a TE project, with devestating run block ability, a nasty attitude on the line.....and either PS or TC fodder if it doesn't work out.

I don't know about his neck and the injury situation, but If he did sign as a cheap TE and was healthy enough to play Oline again...and put on some weight.....Thats a nice Right side Bookend.

jspchief
05-24-2006, 07:44 AM
There's only one real negative that I can see with this.... he's a certifiable headcase.

The guy is ****ed up in the head. I don't know if it will surface, but it could mess with chemistry.

StcChief
05-24-2006, 08:12 AM
There's only one real negative that I can see with this.... he's a certifiable headcase.

The guy is ****ed up in the head. I don't know if it will surface, but it could mess with chemistry.
Was that way with Rams too.... Roid rage? or just wack job.....

Sully
05-24-2006, 08:26 AM
Zach isn't our beat reporter. We have an actual beat reporter - goes by "Mike Campbell". He's pretty sharp too.

If that's the guy I'm thinking of, the fiance and I met him in Rivr Falls last summer and talked with him a few times. Hell of a nice guy.