PDA

View Full Version : Taco would say he is thrifty....

Logical
05-24-2006, 08:28 PM
I say he has bad taste and is cheap.

What kind of millionaire owns a Honda Elephant

http://img.shopping.com/cctool/PrdImg/images/pr/177X150/00/01/4a/6d/28/21654824.JPG

Jake the Snake does, his accident was in this vehicle.

morphius
05-24-2006, 08:33 PM
I don't care that he doesn't have some over priced car, but the lego box is one ugly vehicle. But it explains the rest of his unclean hippy look.

ChiefFripp
05-24-2006, 08:34 PM
Makes sense, you may not want to have a car that fraws attention to youtrself as a celebrity. However, getting out and kicking someone's car is known to draw attention to oneself so...

OldTownChief
05-24-2006, 08:35 PM
What accident? Is he dead? HUH? Is he?

chiefsfaninNC
05-24-2006, 08:39 PM

Damn I hope not.

ChiefFripp
05-24-2006, 08:39 PM
Thankfully no.

FAX
05-24-2006, 08:41 PM
Just another embarrassing drive for Plummer.

FAX

Brock
05-24-2006, 08:43 PM
Totally ghey.

OldTownChief
05-24-2006, 08:44 PM
Probably trying to sustain a drive with his left hand.

Skip Towne
05-24-2006, 09:29 PM
Don't be so damn eager. The Donx might find an actual QB.

Rausch
05-24-2006, 09:45 PM
I don't care that he doesn't have some over priced car, but the lego box is one ugly vehicle. But it explains the rest of his unclean hippy look.

I had 3 buddies move out to Denver for a year to work a resort and live in the pointy hills.

All 3 came back looking like charter members of "the others."

morphius
05-24-2006, 09:47 PM
I had 3 buddies move out to Denver for a year to work a resort and live in the pointy hills.

All 3 came back looking like charter members of "the others."
Yup, that thin air does something to people. My friend went out there a computer techie with a BMW, now he is a yoga instructer with no car.

Rausch
05-24-2006, 09:48 PM
Yup, that thin air does something to people. My friend went out there a computer techie with a BMW, now he is a yoga instructer with no car.

If your brain is deprived of oxygen it dies.

Just a thought...

JimNasium
05-24-2006, 10:12 PM
Probably trying to sustain a drive with his left hand.
I've sustained thousands of drives with my left hand.

Taco John
05-25-2006, 01:09 AM
Eh. As an Idaho boy, I've never put a lot of stock in taste in vehicles. If it gets me from my home to my job, it'll do.

Hammock Parties
05-25-2006, 01:13 AM
Eh. As an Idaho boy, I've never put a lot of stock in taste in vehicles. If it gets me from my home to my job, it'll do.

Like quarterback rating, right? If it gets you from week one to the Super Bowl, it'll do.

burt
05-25-2006, 01:15 AM

figures

Rausch
05-25-2006, 01:16 AM

Ditto...

burt
05-25-2006, 01:18 AM
Ditto...

With a name like Rausch????

Rausch
05-25-2006, 01:23 AM
With a name like Rausch????

Hey, the Krauts make the best cars but the Japs make the best cars I can AFFORD...

Taco John
05-25-2006, 02:22 AM
Like quarterback rating, right? If it gets you from week one to the Super Bowl, it'll do.

Trent Green 2005 Quarterback Rating:

Jake Plummer 2005 Quarterback Rating:

05-25-2006, 02:36 AM

I am still waiting for an understandable breakdown of exactly what the QB rating is.

Idahored
05-25-2006, 07:12 AM

Please tell me this is not true. I just can't believe that such a great state could produce something as rancid as you. Stay in Oregon, you deserve each other...

KCTitus
05-25-2006, 07:16 AM
I am still waiting for an understandable breakdown of exactly what the QB rating is.

# Divide a quarterback's completed passes by pass attempts.
# Subtract 0.3.
# Divide by 0.2 and record the total. The sum cannot be greater than 2.375 or less than zero.
# Divide passing yards by pass attempts.
# Subtract 3.
# Divide by 4 and record the total. The sum cannot be greater than 2.375 or less than zero.
# Divide touchdown passes by pass attempts.
# Divide by 0.05 and record the total. The sum cannot be greater than 2.375 or less than zero.
# Divide interceptions by pass attempts.
# Subtract that number from 0.095.
# Divide that product by 0.04 and record the total. The sum cannot be greater than 2.375 or less than zero.
# Add the four totals you recorded.
# Multiply that total by 100.
# Divide by 6.
# The final number is your quarterback rating.

Kerberos
05-25-2006, 07:54 AM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Denver Broncos quarterback Jake Plummer insists he's not a hothead and denies backing into another motorist's vehicle in a road rage incident last month.

Plummer addressed his alleged road-rage incident during a Broncos minicamp.
Plummer said Wednesday the other driver bumped his tailgate at a red light in south suburban Denver after the Bronco had been zipping through traffic on his way to deliver a check to charity on April 20.

He acknowledged cutting off the other motorist while talking on his cell phone.

"I waved in my rearview mirror and even said sorry. And all I heard was incessant honking. When I pulled up to the light, I felt a bump on the back of my tailgate, which was very surprising," Plummer said.

He said he got out of his 2005 Honda Element to check for damage. Finding none, he got back into his truck, drove away when the light changed and called 911 to report the incident.

"It wasn't like he smashed into me. It was more like a tap to say, 'Hey, you cut me off.' So I let 911 know and I took off and had to get to my function," Plummer said.

Police told him they have no record of his call but Plummer said he'll show investigators his cell phone records to prove it.

Plummer was issued a summons for a misdemeanor city violation of "injure or destroy property," similar to criminal mischief under state law. The summons orders Plummer to appear at Englewood's Violations Bureau between June 2 and June 15.

The pickup driver, Douglas Stone, 47, of Denver, said he didn't realize the other driver was Plummer.

"I thought it was some 19- or 20-year-old kid driving a car that his dad gave him, and maybe he needed to be talked to by his dad,"
ROFL
Stone told The Associated Press in a phone interview, describing the driver as clean-shaven with hair past his ears. "It's not the Jake Plummer you see on TV, after he's taken a shower and has that shaggy beard.

"He was kind of a small, skinny guy. By the way he looks, he's not built like a football player," the 6-foot-3, 260-pound Stone said.

Plummer, Denver's quarterback for three seasons, has received unwelcome attention before. In 2004, he flashed an obscene gesture to a heckler in the home crowd. When a newspaper columnist identified his girlfriend last year, he called the columnist and criticized Broncos fans. He later apologized and said he likes being Denver's quarterback.

Plummer said this latest incident shouldn't affect his reputation.

"When football season comes, I don't think anybody's going to be saying, 'Oh yeah! I remember that road rage thing.' They're not going to care," he said.

"It's a matter of how we play ball and go on, and image tarnished, whatever, role model, blah blah blah, I'm here to play football and win games and whatever happens, that's what I've got to deal with," he said.

Learning to control his temper is not an issue, either, Plummer suggested.

"I'm not concerned one bit with that. I'm very calm," he said. "There's no anger management problems with me, no."

In this latest incident, "I wasn't angry one bit until he bumped me in the back of my car," Plummer said.

According to a police report, witnesses said a man later identified as Plummer got out of the Honda at the stoplight and said something to Stone. The comments aren't in the report. Plummer denied saying anything to Stone.

The other driver then returned to the Honda, backed into the pickup and left when the light changed, the report said, quoting witnesses.

One witness wrote down the Honda license plate, which police traced to Plummer.

Police investigator John Hoehler said the officer in charge of the case did not contact Plummer until last week because he was busy with other matters.

Plummer said he was surprised when he was contacted by police on Friday because "it was a month after everything had transpired."

The police report said Plummer's car had $200 to $300 in damage and Stone's pickup had about $25 damage to its front license plate holder.

On Wednesday, Plummer said he didn't notice any damage at the scene because the trucks were pressed against each other bumper to bumper.

Asked if he backed up into the other truck, Plummer said, "From the story I just told you, I think that would be impossible for that to happen."

morphius
05-25-2006, 07:55 AM

Luckily that leash worked last year, 51 less passes for the year and 40 yards less a game...

Radar Chief
05-25-2006, 07:56 AM
Remember Ted Popson?
I remember he used to buy some old jalopy at the beginning of every season, fix it up through the year then give it away to a needing family at the end of the year.
Maybe that’s what Jake’s do’n, be’n charitable. ;)

Kerberos
05-25-2006, 07:59 AM

The much bigger picture is that Trent Green doesn't flip off his fans and make a complete ASS out of himself on a daily basis.

Plummer on the other hand seems to be the model of questionable character.

You can have Plummet and his .01 better rating!

:D

CupidStunt
05-25-2006, 09:31 AM

Just a shame for Jake that 90.2 is his second-best ever, while 90.1 is one of the most pedestrian ratings in Green's career.

Plummer has never so much as SNIFFED a 100 (the benchmark for "elite" according to people that actually care about rating) QB rating.

JBucc
05-25-2006, 09:38 AM

Trent Green career QB rating:

Jake Plummer career QB rating:

and just for fun...

John Elway career QB rating:

crispystl
05-25-2006, 09:49 AM
Don't be so damn eager. The Donx might find an actual QB.
sorry to say i think they already have

Mile High Mania
05-25-2006, 09:51 AM
Luckily that leash worked last year, 51 less passes for the year and 40 yards less a game...

Enh, stats can go either way.

51 less passes over 16 games for Plummer... equals 3.1 fewer passes per game. Wow. Hell of a leash and KC was playing catch up more often than Denver, ie ... passing more.

While Plummer had those fewer passes and fewer yards, check this out:

Plummer - 18 TDs / 7 INTs
Green - 17 TDs / 10 INTs

Carry on.

crispystl
05-25-2006, 09:51 AM
# Divide a quarterback's completed passes by pass attempts.
# Subtract 0.3.
# Divide by 0.2 and record the total. The sum cannot be greater than 2.375 or less than zero.
# Divide passing yards by pass attempts.
# Subtract 3.
# Divide by 4 and record the total. The sum cannot be greater than 2.375 or less than zero.
# Divide touchdown passes by pass attempts.
# Divide by 0.05 and record the total. The sum cannot be greater than 2.375 or less than zero.
# Divide interceptions by pass attempts.
# Subtract that number from 0.095.
# Divide that product by 0.04 and record the total. The sum cannot be greater than 2.375 or less than zero.
# Add the four totals you recorded.
# Multiply that total by 100.
# Divide by 6.
# The final number is your quarterback rating.
holy shit that is complicated how does college work??

JBucc
05-25-2006, 09:52 AM
holy shit that is complicated how does college work??I don't understand college's at all. What's the highest it can go and what's considered good? I have no idea.

Taco John
05-25-2006, 10:00 AM
Hey, GoChiefs is the one who brought up QB rating. I personally think comparing QB ratings is irrelevant, but I'm more than happy to bring it up if someone wants to use it as a means of smack.

morphius
05-25-2006, 10:04 AM
Enh, stats can go either way.

51 less passes over 16 games for Plummer... equals 3.1 fewer passes per game. Wow. Hell of a leash and KC was playing catch up more often than Denver, ie ... passing more.

While Plummer had those fewer passes and fewer yards, check this out:

Plummer - 18 TDs / 7 INTs
Green - 17 TDs / 10 INTs

Carry on.
Yes, but everyone knows who get the ball in the redzone in KC, so most of our TD's come from outside that range :D

King_Chief_Fan
05-25-2006, 10:04 AM
The idiot is a f'ing donk........who gives a flying pigs ass what he drives or who he f*&ks or what his QB rating is. He is a donk and therefore not important..........at least not in my life. He isn't even that important to the donks........for much longerROFL

Logical
05-25-2006, 10:09 AM
Trent Green career QB rating:

Jake Plummer career QB rating:

and just for fun...

John Elway career QB rating:

79.9I must say this truly emphasizes how little importance should be placed on QB rating.

Mile High Mania
05-25-2006, 10:14 AM
I must say this truly emphasizes how little importance should be placed on QB rating.

Pretty much ... stats are stats.

RedNFeisty
05-25-2006, 10:18 AM
That is a hideous vehicle no matter how much money one has.

Inspector
05-25-2006, 10:20 AM

Gotta agree with Idaho on this one.

Your football allegience is bad, but your vehicle logic is quite sound.

Katipan
05-25-2006, 10:20 AM

I wuv you and all but thats a horribly retarded queer car your precious quarterback was driving.

In Arizona he drove manly things. That were tall and went vroom vroom.

In Arizona... men are men.

chagrin
05-25-2006, 10:22 AM

and the sheep are scared...HEy! I'm here all week!!

Katipan
05-25-2006, 10:25 AM
We don't have sheep in arizona.

You could say coyotes but they are the size of foxes out here.

Maybe ostriches...

ooo. illegals.

chagrin
05-25-2006, 10:28 AM
We don't have sheep in arizona.

You could say coyotes but they are the size of foxes out here.

Maybe ostriches...

ooo. illegals.

where the men are men and the illegals are scared?

Kerberos
05-25-2006, 11:10 AM

and the sheep are scared...HEy! I'm here all week!! :shake:

Its supposed to be like this:

Where men are men....
So are the Women...
And sheep run scared.

I'm here all week by appointment only!

;)

Hammock Parties
05-25-2006, 11:54 AM
I must say this truly emphasizes how little importance should be placed on QB rating.

Over a career, maybe. I think it's a good barometer for comparing success in one season.

vailpass
05-25-2006, 03:11 PM
QB ratings are nice as an objective, mathematical tool for evaluating those variables which can be measured.

At the end of the day IMHO the true barometer of a QB is number of wins, division titles, playoff wins, and SB rings.