PDA

View Full Version : Any short term housing available in KC metro?

Fire Me Boy!
05-25-2006, 09:15 AM
I need to find a place to live for about 2 months... my wife and I have an offer down on our house -- we're planning to buy a house after we get ours sold, but we aren't going to rush into anything, so we will need to find some place to live SHORT term. I'm not big on being in an apartment for 6 months, which seems to be the shortest term housing I can find...

Can anyone help? I'm willing to pay more in rent so that I don't have to be there forever.

Skip Towne
05-25-2006, 09:17 AM
Buy an RV then sell it when you're through with it.

Phobia
05-25-2006, 09:18 AM
One of those weekly hotels or corporate apartments. They'll be furnished and you'll need to move all your stuff into storage but it will work in a pinch.

Inspector
05-25-2006, 09:36 AM
Buy an RV then sell it when you're through with it.

I had to work in St Louis for 10 months back in 97 - 98. I bought a used 27' camper, parked it at a little trailer park and commuted home on the weekends.

After I was done out there, I sold the trailer for what I gave for it and all other expenses were paid by my company. Wasn't bad way to do it.

Good suggestion Skip! Worked for me.

Fire Me Boy!
05-25-2006, 10:11 AM
One of those weekly hotels or corporate apartments. They'll be furnished and you'll need to move all your stuff into storage but it will work in a pinch.
Corporate apartments? I've never heard of those.

I thought a weekly hotel would be a last-ditch effort. I'd already come to terms with storing all my shit.

Skip Towne
05-25-2006, 10:17 AM
I had to work in St Louis for 10 months back in 97 - 98. I bought a used 27' camper, parked it at a little trailer park and commuted home on the weekends.

After I was done out there, I sold the trailer for what I gave for it and all other expenses were paid by my company. Wasn't bad way to do it.

Good suggestion Skip! Worked for me.
I'm better at being a smatass but I do actually help once in awhile.

Marco Polo
05-25-2006, 10:18 AM
My company put me in a furnished loft downtown for 2 months. Go to www.kcloftcentral.com (http://www.kcloftcentral.com) , call the number and tell them you want a corporate loft and they'll set you up with what they have. I made the call and moved within two weeks.

Molitoth
05-25-2006, 10:20 AM
www.manorhomesoffoxcrest.com

Here are some really nice apartments off Barry road, they also have the corperate suites available with daily/weekly/monthly rates. They are the only ones I have found with connected 1 or 2 car garages. I think you can also sign a 3,6,9 month lease. Granted they are expensive apartments. $900-$1300 a month.

Fire Me Boy!
05-25-2006, 12:48 PM
Damn, these places are expensive. I need a bed and roof.

StcChief
05-25-2006, 12:57 PM
Damn, these places are expensive. I need a bed and roof.

Go find a slum place then to save $500/mo and worry about your car, getting shot, robbed,
Life in the big city.

Fire Me Boy!
05-25-2006, 01:30 PM
Go find a slum place then to save $500/mo and worry about your car, getting shot, robbed,
Life in the big city.
Said the guy who has been ZERO help.

Seriously, $1,500 a month for a single-bedroom apt. is bloody rape. That's all I'm sayin'...

Phobia
05-25-2006, 01:34 PM

Seriously, $1,500 a month for a single-bedroom apt. is bloody rape. That's all I'm sayin'...

For a furnished apartment, it's not.

StcChief
05-25-2006, 01:41 PM

Finding a place Month-Month furnished or not without a lease....
Premium. especially in a safe area.

Might be better do some research on an area you are interested in
and buy/rent for 6 mo/yr avoid all the double move BS.

Fire Me Boy!
05-25-2006, 01:50 PM
Yeah, I may end up pulling a few favors and stay in Warrenburg for another couple of months... that would suck, but wouldn't be too bad. But I can't do a 6-month lease because we know what we want to buy, but it won't be ready when the house is supposed to close on June 30. So... I need some place to stay, for 1-2 months.

Phobia
05-25-2006, 01:52 PM
There's a new week to week place near the Grandview Triangle (yeah, I know) advertising a little over $100 a week.

Molitoth
05-25-2006, 04:26 PM
Grandview Triangle (yeah, I know)

Its not even really THAT bad anymore...

savedin79
05-26-2006, 01:01 PM
should find something down on prospect or troost reasonble.

Wile_E_Coyote
05-26-2006, 01:10 PM
Soprano's fan? the last episode had pigs of one form or another in about every scene