PDA

View Full Version : Do You Believe in Your Dreams?

CosmicPal
05-25-2006, 10:19 AM
I'm going camping this weekend. Well, until I had this dream last night:

It's late. My dog jumps up as I watch his eyes from inside the tent. His tail begins wagging as he silently barks- he wants to bark, but he's not sure if he's permitted to. He knows I'm watching him. A twig snaps in the distant and my dog then barks furiously. He bounces around the tent barking incessantly until I let him out. I then pull myself out of the tent, stand erect, and turn around to face a black bear creeping toward the campsite on all fours.

I call my dog to return and as soon as he does, I race toward my car and place my dog inside for protection. His persistent barking has awakened the entire campsite as my friends all groggily depart their tents one by one- some obviously pissed at my dog, and the others a show of curiosity as to what the ruckus is all about.

A girl screams and the others discover the bear looming closer to the campsite. They all run for the lake as though they were in a footrace. The bear enters the campsite and starts picking through items and knocking over chairs with his enormous body. I move inside my truck and sit in the driver's seat. My dog is still agitated and barking loudly.
The bear ignores him.

I let the bear destroy the camp and wait for it to move on. But, the bear looks directly at me and the dog. I can see the moon glistening in the eyes. The bear pauses. I start the truck up. The bear races toward me- possibly because he's had enough of my dog's excitation.
I force the truck into reverse and then turn to the vehicle around to try and outrun the bear. The bear is quicker than I had imagined, and as soon as I begin the forward motion- I can feel the bear wrapping it's arms around the entire truck and slapping at my sideview window crushing it like a dinner plate smashing on the floor. The power is intense. Even the bear's body butting up against the vehicle is enough to create profound damage and soon rendering the vehicle undriveable.

The bear yanks my dog out the passenger door and begins devouring it. I can hear my dog's whimpers and cries before it falls silent- like a rag doll. I am pissed. I already miss my dog and I don't care anymore. Some asshat left the campfire going, but that is good for me. I find the bottle of liquid fire starter and wet the end of a loose branch. I set the branch on fire. I stroll toward the bear with the burning stick in one hand, and the lighter fluid in the other. I spray the back of the enormous bear with fluid while he continues to eat my dog. I then throw the stick on his back and watch the bear stand erect and howl as the entire body engulfs in flames.

So, should I still go camping???

QuikSsurfer
05-25-2006, 10:27 AM
yes, go camping.
just a dream :)

JBucc
05-25-2006, 10:28 AM
Bring a gun

keg in kc
05-25-2006, 10:29 AM
I don't remember my dreams. Any of them.

Rooster
05-25-2006, 10:32 AM
I think your dream is a look into the future.

Superbowl Score

Chiefs 114 and the Bears 3 :)

BIG_DADDY
05-25-2006, 10:32 AM
Bring a gun

That's it. I have had clairvoyant dreams before but they are few and far in between. Why not bring one just in case? Hopefully you have a real dog too.

Basileus777
05-25-2006, 10:43 AM

Same here. I remember a dream about once every 6 months and then promptly forget it within 5 minutes of waking up.

keg in kc
05-25-2006, 10:47 AM
Same here. I remember a dream about once every 6 months and then promptly forget it within 5 minutes of waking up.With me it's a sign that I'm not getting enough sleep. I do remember dreams if I'm well-rested. Which I almost never am.

FAX
05-25-2006, 10:48 AM
This is a very interesting dream, Mr. CosmicPal. But, it isn't literal. This is a classic Freudian camping dream.

The tent represents your current, comfortable life. Your dog is your penis and its bark is sperm. The bear is a giant, hairy unfertilized egg.

The dream is telling you that you are considering having a child or getting married and having children. This is causing internal conflict in the campsite of your mind. Your dog (penis) is attempting to bark (ejaculate) but cannot due to the fact that it does not have your full permission. You are attempting to save and protect your penis near the end of the dream by returning it to the car (representing independence and freedom), but the bear (unfertilized egg ) is relentless in its effort to take control of and overwhelm your penis, your campsite, and all your gear.

I would definitely continue with your camping plans. Just pack condoms.

FAX

greg63
05-25-2006, 10:58 AM
I think dreams for the most part are just subconscious gobble-de-goop. At times I think it's just the brains way of trying to resolve issues that you might be having. But, obviously, I'm no expert and expect that I very well could be wrong.

keg in kc
05-25-2006, 11:00 AM
I don't like seeing the words "gobble-de-goop" right after a post filled with words like "penis" and "sperm".

FAX
05-25-2006, 11:01 AM
I don't like seeing the words "gobble-de-goop" right after a post filled with words like "penis" and "sperm".

ROFL

FAX

StcChief
05-25-2006, 11:06 AM
You , and everybody else camping this weekend. :rolleyes:

I would pass to another weekend.

Taco John
05-25-2006, 11:24 AM
Just based on the several books I've read on dream analysis... It's impossible to accurately interpret a dream without really knowing the situations in a person's life... Especially a bear, which is a complicated dream symbol. But I'll give it a shot... I think the bear is a symbol of some major events or a situation in your life that are out of your control... Or more aplty, in the life of someone you love. The fact that the bear targeted someone that you love (your dog), and not you might be significant.

I don't know if any of that sounds familiar. Are you conscious of any worries that you have for anyone around you that you love. I'd take a frightful dream like that which you woke up remembering as a sign to inspect your relationships in that light.

The sign that you were able to destroy the bear with fire could be a signal that you have the power to affect the situation.

I don't believe you were being clairvoyant towards an event that is going to happen while you're camping. I think it's more likely that your brain is simply playing off of the events that you have happening in your life and using them as context and symbolism to tell you something else. I'd definitely keep the camping trip planned.

Ultimately, you might not believe the dream means anything at all. I personally believe that the subconscious speaks in symbols, and when you remember them, it's a signal to investigate them for further meaning. I rarely remember my dreams, but usually, the ones I do remember have some sort of personal tie-in that I can later discern, and at the very least consider. Whether it's real or not, who knows... But I always appreciate the opportunity to examine my life under a different lens, and dreams are usually a good way to do that.

greg63
05-25-2006, 11:32 AM

ROFLROFL

StcChief
05-25-2006, 11:33 AM
Call the Psychic Hotline...they'll know what to do.
Paging Ms.Cleo

mcan
05-25-2006, 11:46 AM
I don't believe in complex symbolism or any clairvoyant aspects of dreams.

I do, however, believe that dreams can be manifest by our outlook on life, our current mindset, and situations (past and present).

Clearly you look forward to your camping trip, and that's why your dream had a camp setting. It's on your mind, so you dream about it. No big symbolism there.

The bear is manifest of some kind of anxiety. Most simply, you are carrying around some kind of anxiety, and you don't believe that you can honestly have a good time (without care or worry). So you put a bear in your own camp to justify how anxious you are. Perhaps you have overdue bills and going camping will cost $100.00 that you can't afford...

"A dream is a wish your heart makes... Even the bad ones."

Bad dreams are actually pessimistic WISHES. The more anxious you feel, the more of a need you have to justify that feeling. The more bad sh!t you will dream about. If you are worried that something might happen, you'll often dream about that very thing... Especially if you're the type of person who hates being WRONG. It's messed up, and illogical, but the subconscious mind makes a distinct heirarchy of things that it wants. For many, the need to be RIGHT surpasses the needs for love or happiness. Once you wake up, your logical mind takes back over and reorganizes your heirarchy.

bogie
05-25-2006, 12:15 PM
Just thought I'd share a dream I had.

I had a golf outing planned last Friday morning. The night before I dreamed that I was having a garage sale and so were my next door neighbors. My next door neighbors were Davis Love III and Gary Player. Davis was really, really old, with a scraggly beard and he was bald on top. Davis brought out a big pile of lumber that he wanted to sell. I wanted to buy some of it but my wife got mad because we were having a garage sale to try to get rid of excess junk.

I've been putting off organizing my garage for months. It's full of crap that we need to get rid of. Although she hasn't said anything, I suspect my wife wishes I would get the garage organized. I feel guilty for not getting it done. Dreams can be telling.

BIG_DADDY
05-25-2006, 12:17 PM

That sucks I usually remember about 5 a night.

Hammock Parties
05-25-2006, 12:23 PM
No. I've never saved Carrie Underwood from a dragon, and probably never will.

JimNasium
05-25-2006, 01:42 PM
That dream has the makings of a episode of the Soprano's.

Iowanian
05-25-2006, 01:53 PM
I'd go and not think anything of it, but t@co is probably close....I'd imagine some dreams are symbolism for events happening in your life, something you're worried about. Sometimes, I think its just your subconcious trying to work stuff out while you sleep.

For the life of me though, I couldn't begin to explain why last night I was being forced to shag Oprah in the corn sorter, while people kept coming into the room asking questions about work stuff(both). I'm not sure, but I think I also was eating a cherry popcicle at the time, the good, namebrand kind, with 2 sticks.

FAX
05-25-2006, 01:54 PM
... For the life of me though, I couldn't begin to explain why last night I was being forced to shag Oprah in the corn sorter, while people kept coming into the room asking questions about work stuff(both). I'm not sure, but I think I also was eating a cherry popcicle at the time, the good, namebrand kind, with 2 sticks.

ROFL

FAX

Taco John
05-25-2006, 01:58 PM
Oooh I could have some fun with that one, 'wanian... :devil:

Kerberos
05-25-2006, 02:10 PM
I'm going camping this weekend. Well, until I had this dream last night:

It's late. My dog jumps up as I watch his eyes from inside the tent. His tail begins wagging as he silently barks- he wants to bark, but he's not sure if he's permitted to. He knows I'm watching him. A twig snaps in the distant and my dog then barks furiously. He bounces around the tent barking incessantly until I let him out. I then pull myself out of the tent, stand erect, and turn around to face a black bear creeping toward the campsite on all fours.

I call my dog to return and as soon as he does, I race toward my car and place my dog inside for protection. His persistent barking has awakened the entire campsite as my friends all groggily depart their tents one by one- some obviously pissed at my dog, and the others a show of curiosity as to what the ruckus is all about.

A girl screams and the others discover the bear looming closer to the campsite. They all run for the lake as though they were in a footrace. The bear enters the campsite and starts picking through items and knocking over chairs with his enormous body. I move inside my truck and sit in the driver's seat. My dog is still agitated and barking loudly.
The bear ignores him.

I let the bear destroy the camp and wait for it to move on. But, the bear looks directly at me and the dog. I can see the moon glistening in the eyes. The bear pauses. I start the truck up. The bear races toward me- possibly because he's had enough of my dog's excitation.
I force the truck into reverse and then turn to the vehicle around to try and outrun the bear. The bear is quicker than I had imagined, and as soon as I begin the forward motion- I can feel the bear wrapping it's arms around the entire truck and slapping at my sideview window crushing it like a dinner plate smashing on the floor. The power is intense. Even the bear's body butting up against the vehicle is enough to create profound damage and soon rendering the vehicle undriveable.

The bear yanks my dog out the passenger door and begins devouring it. I can hear my dog's whimpers and cries before it falls silent- like a rag doll. I am pissed. I already miss my dog and I don't care anymore. Some asshat left the campfire going, but that is good for me. I find the bottle of liquid fire starter and wet the end of a loose branch. I set the branch on fire. I stroll toward the bear with the burning stick in one hand, and the lighter fluid in the other. I spray the back of the enormous bear with fluid while he continues to eat my dog. I then throw the stick on his back and watch the bear stand erect and howl as the entire body engulfs in flames.

So, should I still go camping???

YOU HAVE THIS SAME DREAM TOO?????? I THOUGHT IT WAS JUST ME!

Shit I would go camping cause the chances of it being real are as astronomical as you and I having the same dream. :hmmm:

wazu
05-25-2006, 02:14 PM
Go ahead and go camping. Make sure you don't forget the lighter fluid.

Donger
05-25-2006, 02:15 PM
Does anyone else ever have a dream where you see yourself standing in sort of sun-god robes on a pyramid, with a thousand naked women screaming and throwing little pickles at you?

wazu
05-25-2006, 02:17 PM
Does anyone else ever have a dream where you see yourself standing in sort of sun-god robes on a pyramid, with a thousand naked women screaming and throwing little pickles at you?

Yes, but in mine I'm also cornholing Oprah.

Donger
05-25-2006, 02:20 PM
Yes, but in mine I'm also cornholing Oprah.

Sorry. I would have included that by I thought it was implied. Why else would thousands of women be screaming?

Iowanian
05-25-2006, 02:29 PM
Oooh I could have some fun with that one, 'wanian... :devil:

Let it Rip, Roderigo.

Taco John
05-25-2006, 02:37 PM
Let it Rip, Roderigo.

You're telling me that's a real dream!?