PDA

View Full Version : Home Theater Help!!

Pitt Gorilla
05-25-2006, 11:04 AM
I've been researching home theater stuff for quite a while now, hoping that I could figure out the best system for my family for the money. I've been looking at the refurbished Onkyo 780 (with DVD) for around $390 and Hsu research Ventriloquist vt-12 (with one of their subwoofers). I'd probably power the vt-12s with an Onkyo 502 or 520.

Any of you experts have any suggestions? Is there a huge difference in sound? I know the 780 speakers are bulky, while the vt-12s are small.

Thanks.

jspchief
05-25-2006, 11:40 AM
I've been researching home theater stuff for quite a while now, hoping that I could figure out the best system for my family for the money. I've been looking at the refurbished Onkyo 780 (with DVD) for around $390 and Hsu research Ventriloquist vt-12 (with one of their subwoofers). I'd probably power the vt-12s with an Onkyo 502 or 520.

Any of you experts have any suggestions? Is there a huge difference in sound? I know the 780 speakers are bulky, while the vt-12s are small.

Thanks.I can't speak on the individual components you're looking at, but I can point to those who can.

Home Theater Forum (http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htf/index.php)

It's a really great forum. Use the search function before starting a thread, you'll likely find plenty on the subject.