PDA

View Full Version : what up with Turley

Wile_E_Coyote
05-26-2006, 12:58 PM
did he sign with anyone?

dated 5/18

From http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...en.mike/3.html (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/michael_silver/05/18/open.mike/3.html)

Quote:
Lean and Mean

After working exclusively at tight end during a minicamp with the Miami Dolphins earlier this month, Kyle Turley was back at his familiar position of offensive tackle while working out for the Kansas City Chiefs at their facility on Tuesday. The heavily tattooed former All-Pro, who sat out the past two seasons following a pair of back surgeries, hasn't received a contract offer from either team. He intends to sign a one-year deal with someone before the start of training camp and announce his reentry into the league with a bang. "You've seen how lousy the tackle play has been the last couple of seasons? Well, I'm here to restore order," Turley said Wednesday night after emerging from a sunset surfing session near the Manhattan Beach pier. "It's not about the money for me -- it's about my love of the game and getting back what was taken from me. Some team is going to get an ***-kicking player at discount rates, and soon everyone will know that the king has returned."

One concern is Turley's weight: He was down to 230 pounds in January, but he's since bulked up to 260 and thinks he can add 20 or 25 more by the end of the summer. "I'll be heavy enough to block people," he insisted. "It's not about weight -- it's about technique and toughness, and I can't wait to go out there and prove it."

Rain Man
05-26-2006, 01:26 PM
I don't think the league has seen a 260-lb. offensive tackle in 30 in 20 years. If he can add the weight, I sure wouldn't mind having him, though. I liked him when he was with ... hey, was he Willie Roaf's tacklemate in N'awlins?

Hootie
05-26-2006, 01:33 PM
I suck dick for coke.

Rain Man
05-26-2006, 01:36 PM
I think you meant to post that in the "Which of these jobs would you accept" thread, hootie.

SPchief
05-26-2006, 01:37 PM
I suck dick for coke.

Well that certainly explains alot

Hootie
05-26-2006, 01:39 PM
Well that certainly explains alot
haha

Marco Polo
05-26-2006, 03:32 PM
It's a quote from that movie half baked...very funny movie.

Bwana
05-26-2006, 04:04 PM
I suck dick for coke.

Tell us something we didn't know Gaylord. CeePee

chiefsfaninNC
05-26-2006, 04:11 PM
I suck dick for coke.

Ever seen the What is your biggest mistake thread? You need to find it and add this entry.

chiefy
05-26-2006, 09:57 PM
ever since turley did the braveheart throw with another teams helmet i've loved him. i'd love to see him tear some helmets and/or heads for us sometime (not catching balls we got enough te's)