PDA

View Full Version : NFT: Calling all Planeteers!!

DrNick
05-26-2006, 08:24 PM
Fellow Planeteers:

I was hoping that I could ask for your assistance. Some of you may or may not have heard of the short film competition called "Film Your Issue". It is for aspiring film makers to make a short film (~60 seconds) about an issue of their choice. A friend of mine made a film about the issue of public schools cutting out fine arts (music and theater) to save money.

I am hoping that some of you all could check this out, and maybe help us at the same time. The film is one of the semi-finalists and is currently elegible to be voted on. You can check out all of the semi-finalists at http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12721177 (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12721177).

Yes, I am hoping that you'll vote for our film, "Stripped Away", but also, if you're interested, check out all of the films, as there are quite a few good ones on the site.

Thanks in advance for all of your help! :)

sedated
05-26-2006, 08:28 PM
there's no nudity in that, it's just about...I don't even know, I was just waiting for the t!tties

jspchief
05-26-2006, 08:30 PM
Band geeks and drama nerds?

I voted for a different one.

sedated
05-26-2006, 08:31 PM
I voted for a different one.

I couldn't find one worth voting for

Monkeylook4food
05-26-2006, 08:33 PM
I voted for Foul Play. It has blood. Sorry Mr. Nick. Thanks for the link though.

Basileus777
05-26-2006, 08:34 PM
I voted for it, but your chances of winning don't look good. You now have .2% of the vote.

DrNick
05-26-2006, 08:38 PM
I voted for it, but your chances of winning don't look good. You now have .2% of the vote.
I agree, however the voting just opened, there's still plenty of time to turn it around. I know that the Planet has a ferocious history of winning polls when the mind is set to it. :)

Also, I appreciate the vote. :D

morphius
05-26-2006, 08:40 PM
It wouldn't let me do it in my browser...

gotta love the interoperability there MS, and you wonder why people keep sueing them...

DrNick
05-26-2006, 08:42 PM
It wouldn't let me do it in my browser...

gotta love the interoperability there MS, and you wonder why people keep sueing them...

It does pull up a pop up, so if you have a blocker on, it will probably intercept the attempt.

morphius
05-26-2006, 08:50 PM
It does pull up a pop up, so if you have a blocker on, it will probably intercept the attempt.
I was able to vote for ya, but the pop up told me that I need to download a free product, IE 6...

DrNick
05-26-2006, 08:53 PM
I was able to vote for ya, but the pop up told me that I need to download a free product, IE 6...

Aha....thanks IE. :banghead:

However, thanks for the vote! :)

C-Mac
05-26-2006, 09:06 PM
Fine!
Now you can't say that I never did anything for your friends.

greg63
05-26-2006, 10:40 PM
Do we have to watch it to vote for it? :p

|Zach|
05-26-2006, 10:57 PM
Best of luck to you Dr. Nick.

Bearcat
05-26-2006, 11:34 PM
I liked the message because a lot of the other films I watched are so cliché... I only thought there were a couple worth voting for.

I voted for Stripped Away, but consider yourself lucky... had the 4th girl in I'm More taken off her shirt, I may have gone another way.

Mosbonian
05-27-2006, 06:57 AM
You got my vote...

m:mad:dog

DrNick
05-27-2006, 08:00 AM
I liked the message because a lot of the other films I watched are so cliché... I only thought there were a couple worth voting for.

I voted for Stripped Away, but consider yourself lucky... had the 4th girl in I'm More taken off her shirt, I may have gone another way.

Thanks! :)

I guess you missed the part where she said that she was "more than her bra size"...not "there's more in my bra size."

Anywho, not to sling mud, but "There's More" is at 22% of the vote, but if anyone has seen a Dove commercial lately, they seem strikingly similar...like, you can't see the two of them in the same room at the same time kind of similar..:shrug:

Earthling
05-27-2006, 08:04 AM
I voted for it. Now, wheres my beer?

DrNick
05-27-2006, 08:07 AM
OkayHello - commatard on the loose.I voted for it. Now, wheres my beer?

:toast:

Earthling
05-27-2006, 08:17 AM
:toast:

:BLVD: Thank you !!

Bearcat
05-27-2006, 09:50 AM
I guess you missed the part where she said that she was "more than her bra size"...not "there's more in my bra size."

It's not nearly as amusing when you spell it out like that.. and damnit, that was f***ing funny :harumph:

Anywho, not to sling mud, but "There's More" is at 22% of the vote, but if anyone has seen a Dove commercial lately, they seem strikingly similar...like, you can't see the two of them in the same room at the same time kind of similar..:shrug:

Yeah.. and it's overdone, too... like all the other "stop hate" or "stop killing" or "stop Bush" films. The pity one was good.. the geography one was good (even if it was a Jay Walking ripoff), and even though capital punishment is overdone and I don't agree with their message, it was still done differently. I dunno... guess I've been desensitized to the "shock" stuff like the Cry for Humanity, which has 10%.

DrNick
05-27-2006, 10:37 PM
C'mon fellas! I know y'all can rig a poll with the best of them! Show me what ya got! :D