PDA

View Full Version : Priest article

jlscorpio
05-28-2006, 12:24 PM
DENVER (May 24, 2006) -- Mystery continues to follow Kansas City running back Priest Holmes the way defenders used to, but at least now there are some answers.

Schefter video

Adam Schefter goes inside the owners meeting in Denver.
Click here to watch

A high-ranking Chiefs official said Holmes would undergo more neurological tests in late June and early July to help determine whether the running back can continue playing football. But even if those tests do not yield the answers that Holmes or the Chiefs want, Kansas City already has developed a contingency plan.

The Chiefs are considering the idea of placing Holmes on the Physically Unable to Perform (PUP) list, which means the running back and the team could delay any decision on the player's future until the fall. If Holmes were able to return, the Chiefs would be thrilled to get back a player of his caliber. If not, they would have exhausted every option possible, giving Holmes as much time as he needed to return.

It's good that Priest Holmes can remember this hit, but he wants to forget it.
Either way, it doesn't seem as if Holmes' return is imminent, and the waiting game will continue well into training camp and possibly into the regular season. Already, Holmes is not participating in the team's Organized Team Activities at the team's Kansas City training complex. He has been absent, choosing instead to work out at his home in San Antonio.

The 32-year-old Holmes has been there for much of the time since recovering from a helmet-to-helmet collision with San Diego linebacker Shawne Merriman during a midseason game in San Diego

CupidStunt
05-28-2006, 01:20 PM
Less Priest, more LJ!

Moooo
05-28-2006, 01:22 PM
Less Priest, more LJ!

I don't wanna see Priest play, but more for his own good than anything else. I mean, he gets hurt...a lot. And so far, he might be able to live a fairly good life after he retires. I know he knows best, but man, you want to almost tell him that its okay to retire, that we understand.

Moooo

Simply Red
05-28-2006, 01:28 PM
I don't wanna see Priest play, but more for his own good than anything else. I mean, he gets hurt...a lot. And so far, he might be able to live a fairly good life after he retires. I know he knows best, but man, you want to almost tell him that its okay to retire, that we understand.

Moooo

Meth kills!

Hoover
05-28-2006, 03:16 PM
PUP list is a great idea. That way if we need a running back mid season, and Priest can go, we would be sitting great. Nothign to lose IMO.

hypersensitiveZO6
05-28-2006, 03:28 PM
I definitely don't want to see Priest quit. He's still one hell of a player.

BTW our #2 it is that donkey.

noa
05-28-2006, 03:49 PM
Even though LJ is amazing, it wouldn't hurt to have an expert at scoring TDs in the red zone. I think I remember LJ saying that he doesn't like jumping over the pile of players at the goaline (he prefers running over them like the juggernaut) and Priest is amazing at goaline jumps. It would be good to have the option.

CoMoChief
05-28-2006, 03:55 PM
Trade Priest Holmes to Tennesse for their 1st rounder.

Yup there it is folks, the dumbest post in planet history.

hypersensitiveZO6
05-28-2006, 03:59 PM
Trade Priest Holmes to Tennesse for their 1st rounder.

Yup there it is folks, the dumbest post in planet history.

We all care so much about getting out post count up.

Note: Second dumbest post in planet history.

DMAC
05-28-2006, 04:20 PM
I am sure he is fine health wise. He is just sitting on his yaught in the Pacific with a bunch of dancing girls around him. You would take a long time deciding too.

KChiefsQT
05-28-2006, 04:31 PM
Even though LJ is amazing, it wouldn't hurt to have an expert at scoring TDs in the red zone. I think I remember LJ saying that he doesn't like jumping over the pile of players at the goaline (he prefers running over them like the juggernaut) and Priest is amazing at goaline jumps. It would be good to have the option.

Another plus, If Priest plays and does get a good portion of carries near goal line it'll make L.J. mad... and he'll strive to score from a distance even more than he already does. L.J. pissed = lots of yards and T.D.'s. I love Holmes's game and hope he recovers whether he plays with us or another team... as long as that other team doesn't include Denver San Diego or Oakland that is.

ChiefFripp
05-28-2006, 04:47 PM
I'm one of the few people here who wants to see Priest come back and rule over LJ. Priest represents everything I love about athletes and LJ just seems like a "me me me" kind of guy.

hypersensitiveZO6
05-28-2006, 05:46 PM
I would have loved it if Herm would have said that there would still be a debate as to who is the starting RB.

hypersensitiveZO6
05-28-2006, 05:47 PM
I'm one of the few people here who wants to see Priest come back and rule over LJ. Priest represents everything I love about athletes and LJ just seems like a "me me me" kind of guy.

me, me, me is going to take us to the superbowl.

hypersensitiveZO6
05-28-2006, 05:53 PM
If you don't remember right, LJ isn't exactly the best blocker for RB's the NFL. Other the other hand, Priest Holmes is an excellent blocker. Priest is that change of pace runner the Chiefs need sometimes and he'll be great on passing downs when LJ is getting Trent killed.

milkman
05-28-2006, 05:57 PM

I respect what Priest has done, and would love to have him back, but he hasn't really shown that he's any more a team player than LJ has.

In some ways, he's shown he's not.

hypersensitiveZO6
05-28-2006, 06:05 PM
I respect what Priest has done, and would love to have him back, but he hasn't really shown that he's any more a team player than LJ has.

Priest was just DV's bitch and DV made him seem like a biblical figure.

Skip Towne
05-28-2006, 07:40 PM

Priest doesn't seem to have much interest in the Chiefs if he is not playing. He didn't even show up at the Dallas game last year.

milkman
05-28-2006, 07:54 PM
Priest doesn't seem to have much interest in the Chiefs if he is not playing. He didn't even show up at the Dallas game last year.

What about now?

He doesn't seem to be to concerned about keeping the Chiefs informed about his status.
They're forming contingency plans based on rumor and speculation.

Brock
05-28-2006, 08:37 PM
Priest was just DV's bitch and DV made him seem like a biblical figure.

Nothing personal, but that is just a moronic goddamn thing to say.

Brock
05-28-2006, 08:37 PM

Summed up perfectly.

hypersensitiveZO6
05-28-2006, 08:39 PM
Nothing personal, but that is just a moronic goddamn thing to say.

Its a joke. Relax.

milkman
05-28-2006, 08:42 PM
Its a joke. Relax.

Are you new?

This is the planet.
We don't relax, we attack!

Brock
05-28-2006, 08:45 PM
Its a joke. Relax.

And obviously a good one.

ct