PDA

View Full Version : Audio stuttering in Media Player, Winamp, etc

chagrin
05-29-2006, 02:24 PM
I have been fuggin with this computer for 36 hours now trying to figure this out and the only thing I can come up with (and it still sounds like it's the most reasonable answer) is that I simply have too slow of a processor or RAM, check it out:

All this time I have had a dinosaur of a computer, I cannot afford a new one, even if it is only 600 bucks, so anyway it's:

INTEL Type: AL 440LX (tested to comply, etc)
333 Mhz Processor
128 RAM
a Dinosaur

and yesterday I got the cable modem connection for internet, yes, it is not as fast as what I am used to from the past but it kicks dial up's ass! I am running about 1 meg speed.

Anyway, all of the sudden I can't listen to streaming music or watch streaming video OR downloaded video or music without massive stuttering - it's unlistenable/unwatchable!

This was not a problem using dial up, video and audio worked, although I couldn't do streaming obviously.

I have only 1 program running at startup, Webshots and currently it is disbaled. There is no other program running to prevent a clean feed coming through, other than I guess, my RAM or processor.

I am wondering if anyone will have some answers - the tech support forum dudes aren't helping for whatever reason.

Thanks in advance!!