PDA

View Full Version : The GREAT Speedo debate...

BucEyedPea
06-01-2006, 02:20 PM
Do you or would you wear a Speedo?

Who would've thought that a tiny contraption that fits snugly around a man's jewels could become the subject of such intense debate? I receive e-mail on a virtual daily basis regarding how cool or appalling people think Speedos are. So which side of the Speedo spectrum is the majority on?

From what I can gather, swimming briefs are quite appealing across Europe, but unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it), you'd be hard-pressed to find any man in North America donning a pair of them. Nope, it's baggy swimming trunks for the good old red, white and blue.

http://www.askmen.com/fashion/austin_60/pictures_60/70_fashion_style.JPG

Pros and Cons on Speedos! (http://www.askmen.com/fashion/austin_60/70_fashion_style.html)

BucEyedPea
06-01-2006, 03:53 PM
This is already on page 3! :harumph: :hmmm:

Come on vote. Who's man enough to admit they can wear a Speedo?
I wanna know.

Simplex3
06-01-2006, 03:57 PM
I wore one for 4 years swimming varsity during HS. Haven't worn one since. They aren't comfortable and I don't really give a damn about my tan, so...

Donger
06-01-2006, 03:58 PM
I wore one growing up in Europe. Not all the time, just when I was swimming, mind you. When we moved here, we quickly figured out that they were not standard issue.

Mr. Laz
06-01-2006, 05:22 PM
actually wore one when i younger...

girl took me to cancun for my birthday and bought me a couple of swimsuits.

One was regular, one was speedo

hey, free trip to cancun gets her the right to dress me skimpy. :D

rad
06-01-2006, 05:25 PM
actually wore one when i younger...

girl took me to cancun for my birthday and bought me a couple of swimsuits.

One was regular, one was speedo

hey, free trip to cancun gets her the right to dress me skimpy. :D

That's all well and good but...

If you pop a boner you'll be knockin over the kiddies' sand castles and such......

Adept Havelock
06-01-2006, 05:26 PM
Completely Unacceptable. A blatant violation of the man code.

Especially if worn by a severly overweight middle-aged european.

Mr. Laz
06-01-2006, 05:28 PM
That's all well and good but...

If you pop a boner you'll be knockin over the kiddies' sand castles and such......

we weren't hangin out in the kiddies' section :)

Goddess Tara
06-01-2006, 05:42 PM
The speedo should be outlawed, there aren't enough men in the world who are built nice enough to pull it off.

BucEyedPea
06-01-2006, 05:43 PM
Completely Unacceptable. A blatant violation of the man code.

Especially if worn by a severly overweight middle-aged european.

Awww come on...have you seen the older men in Europe...even the overweight ones walk around in their birthday suits.

StcChief
06-01-2006, 05:44 PM
The speedo should be outlawed, there aren't enough men in the world who are built nice enough to pull it off.
Same as fat a$$ women in two piece suits

Megbert
06-01-2006, 05:44 PM
Whenever I wear mine I always feel like I am smuggling plums.

OK plum tomatoes.

JBucc
06-01-2006, 05:45 PM
Whenever I wear mine I always feel like I am smuggling plums.

OK plum tomatoes.m&m's

Goddess Tara
06-01-2006, 05:48 PM

Agreed, if you have a roll anywhere on your body, we don't want to see it. Cover that sh*t up.

Goddess Tara
06-01-2006, 05:48 PM
m&m's
sunflower seeds

Donger
06-01-2006, 05:49 PM

Salient point. We went to the local pool this weekend, and I was stunned by some of the fat women in skimpy bikinis.

Megbert
06-01-2006, 05:52 PM
SHRINKAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr. Laz
06-01-2006, 05:59 PM
i generally take the ol' whatever makes them happy approach.

if you don't like what their wearing then don't look :shrug:

Adept Havelock
06-01-2006, 06:03 PM
Awww come on...have you seen the older men in Europe...even the overweight ones walk around in their birthday suits.
Yes, and it took multiple applications of Psy-Sol to wipe that image from my brain. :p

BucEyedPea
06-01-2006, 06:12 PM
Yes, and it took multiple applications of Psy-Sol to wipe that image from my brain. :p

I could tell ya' stories. Even the elderly do it.

I was on a small boat from Mykonos to a remote island for an afternoon picnic and swim...when all the Germans, Italians and British took everything off as we hit the shallow waters.

Needless to say, things did get pretty confusing when one of us, me, sat down by the campire grilling bratwursts on sticks with about five other men doing the same around the same fire, but standing up. Picture that with some alcohol going through your bloodstream. Hint: One miss with squirting mustard, on the wrong dog and profuse apologies later.
:redface: :redface: :o)

NJ Chief Fan
06-01-2006, 06:14 PM
http://img104.exs.cx/img104/4020/speedosausage7ml.jpg

Adept Havelock
06-01-2006, 06:14 PM
I could tell ya' stories. Even the elderly do it.

I was on a small boat from Mykonos to a remote island for an afternoon picnic and swim...when all the Germans, Italians and British took everything off as we hit the shallow waters.

Needless to say, things did get pretty confusing when one of us, me, sat down by the campire grilling bratwursts on sticks with about five other men doing the same around the same fire, but standing up. Picture that with some alcohol going through your bloodstream. Hint: One miss with squirting mustard, on the wrong dog and profuse apologies later.
:redface: :redface: :o)

ROFLROFL

Frau, I assure you I was not making untoward advances towards your husband. It was a simple case of mistaken identity making a bad situation "wurst". :D

BucEyedPea
06-01-2006, 06:26 PM
^^^ ROFL ^^^

I explained...sir I thought that was my lunch! :shake:

Good thing I didn't bite it yet! :p

bogie
06-01-2006, 06:32 PM
When I was MUCH younger, I entered a contest that required I wear a speedo. NEVER, EVER, AGAIN will I wear a speedo.

listopencil
06-01-2006, 07:50 PM
I wear a Speedo as swimming underwear in case my trunks slide down because I like to swim underwater. I have also worn won when "swimming" at night, just the wife and I.