PDA

View Full Version : Just relocated

Coach
06-02-2006, 02:27 PM
Howdy.

I just recently relocated to Overland Park, and will be moving in to a new apartment tomorrow (Saturday) and I am curious to know, since I never been to KC, other than being at Olathe, what are "to-do" lists whenever I do have some free time in Kansas City? What are "Not-to-do" lists, or areas that I should avoid as a customer?

I'm just new into town, and I am just looking for some good places for some chow and some places to play games (i.e. putt-putt, etc)

SLAG
06-02-2006, 03:25 PM
check ur rep

Saulbadguy
06-02-2006, 03:26 PM
Just stay on the Kansas side, and you should be safe.

sedated
06-02-2006, 03:32 PM
Go to Missie B's on Friday night.

Tons of fun

BIG_DADDY
06-02-2006, 03:33 PM
Unless you have a gun then you can go wherever you want.

Calcountry
06-02-2006, 03:39 PM
Just stay on the Kansas side, and you should be safe.ROFL

redbrian
06-02-2006, 03:43 PM

I'd suggest anyplace in or around KCK or there are a lot of fine places in Wyandote Co.

sedated
06-02-2006, 03:57 PM
go for a stroll on Quindaro Blvd.

be sure to stop and discuss the US/illegal immigrant situation

Jilly
06-02-2006, 04:02 PM
are you a young adult or an older adult??? I think it just depends on what you like....

The Woodlands are fun (dog races). Zona Rosa (up north) is a great place to hang out, shop, eat. There's a few bars up there that are great. It's sort of like the Plaza, but more places to shop. The T-Bones are fun games and so are the Wizards. There's a few lakes around like Longview, Lake Jacomo. If you have a dog, there's a great dog park in Shawnee Mission Park....

Skip Towne
06-02-2006, 04:34 PM
Bryant's Bar B Que. 1700 Brooklyn Ave. Go in the daytime and even then have someone guard your car.

4th and Long
06-02-2006, 04:36 PM
what are "to-do" lists whenever I do have some free time in Kansas City?
You can wash my car. :D

Lurch
06-02-2006, 05:22 PM
This should come in handy for you:

http://stripclubs.naughtynightlife.com/missouri/strip_clubs.asp?NavStateCode=MO&NavCityID=454

Lurch
06-02-2006, 05:23 PM

Very good advice. Heh.

HemiEd
06-02-2006, 06:12 PM

How is married life Saul? If you have already discussed it, how about a link? Oh, and congrats to you and to Coach on his new place!

Mojo Rising
06-02-2006, 06:14 PM
go for a stroll on Quindaro Blvd.

be sure to stop and discuss the US/illegal immigrant situation

The Argentine is much better for the immigration issues. Quindaro doesn't have much of a hispanic population.

In OP you have to eat at Haywards. It is the best BBQ in that part of town.

ChiefsFire
06-02-2006, 06:33 PM
Go to Missie B's on Friday night.

Tons of fun
haha

Coach
06-05-2006, 11:47 AM
Heh, no worries, I'll be in the KS side, for the most part. And no, I don't own a gun. Heh.

BWillie
06-05-2006, 12:18 PM
You pussies, not everywhere on the Missouri side is shitty. Even the shitty places, I'll walk thru the ghettos anytime by myself without a gun. Nobody is gonna shoot me.

Donger
06-05-2006, 12:20 PM
You pussies, not everywhere on the Missouri side is shitty. Even the shitty places, I'll walk thru the ghettos anytime by myself without a gun. Nobody is gonna shoot me.

Why is the 'h' in your avatar 'The' capitalised?

Saulbadguy
06-05-2006, 01:26 PM
Why is the 'h' in your avatar 'The' capitalised?
It's because he is retarded.

BWillie
06-05-2006, 05:12 PM
It's because he is retarded.

It's not that I'm retarded, it's that I just don't care. Ticky tack are you people. :harumph:

KC Jones
06-05-2006, 05:39 PM
You pussies, not everywhere on the Missouri side is shitty.

I agree whole-heartedly. I'll go one further, if you want to have anything slightly resembling the cultural experiences a large urban area has to offer you must leave OP and drive to Missouri. 16th St has had quite a renewal and there are quite a few great restaurants and art galleries in that area. 39th St from State Line to Southwest Trafficway is good, Brookside, etc. all have things OP can't even come close to offering. It just depends what you're into and looking for. If you want to eat at Macaroni Grill, stay in OP. Is the neighborhood near Davey's Uptown Rambler's Club or Grand Emperioum sketchy? You bet, but those are two to the better juke joints in the city where you can catch some phenomenal shows.

ChiefsFire
06-05-2006, 05:55 PM
I agree whole-heartedly. I'll go one further, if you want to have anything slightly resembling the cultural experiences a large urban area has to offer you must leave OP and drive to Missouri. 16th St has had quite a renewal and there are quite a few great restaurants and art galleries in that area. 39th St from State Line to Southwest Trafficway is good, Brookside, etc. all have things OP can't even come close to offering. It just depends what you're into and looking for. If you want to eat at Macaroni Grill, stay in OP. Is the neighborhood near Davey's Uptown Rambler's Club or Grand Emperioum sketchy? You bet, but those are two to the better juke joints in the city where you can catch some phenomenal shows.
The Macaroni Grille rocks....so does Joes Crab Shack

geeez ive been in JoCo toooo long

KC Jones
06-05-2006, 06:00 PM
The Macaroni Grille rocks....so does Joes Crab Shack

geeez ive been in JoCo toooo long

:D

Hey - I'm a hypocrite. I live in the burbs now (of Denver rather than KC), and we regularly get carryout from Macaroni Grille. 1 entree feeds the wife and I and 1 kids meal feeds both boys. Dinner for the family under $20 - woot!

ChiefsFire
06-05-2006, 06:04 PM
:D

Hey - I'm a hypocrite. I live in the burbs now (of Denver rather than KC), and we regularly get carryout from Macaroni Grille. 1 entree feeds the wife and I and 1 kids meal feeds both boys. Dinner for the family under $20 - woot!
hey

i aint hatin on ya...damn good food,good prices

Fish
06-05-2006, 06:11 PM

Yeah... I know this dude down on 31st.... he'd straight shoot you for a McGriddle honky....

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/4663/homelessman6uq.jpg

Demonpenz
06-05-2006, 11:05 PM
Jerry's bait shop is a cool bar live bands pretty much every night. Where the race track there is all kinds of shit to do bars, stores, dave and busters.

SLAG
06-05-2006, 11:46 PM
Jerry's bait shop is a cool bar live bands pretty much every night. Where the race track there is all kinds of shit to do bars, stores, dave and busters.

Hit me up next time you go out that way..

Call me thursday i might be able to help you out with what you were looking for

Rausch
06-05-2006, 11:59 PM
Even the shitty places, I'll walk thru the ghettos anytime by myself without a gun. Nobody is gonna shoot me.

You **** with the karma gods, you lose...

Spicy McHaggis
06-06-2006, 12:07 AM

I enjoy the Bait Shop on occasion when I'm back in OP. Just get there early or you'll have a hell of a time finding a place to set your beer.

Demonpenz
06-06-2006, 12:32 AM
I enjoy the Bait Shop on occasion when I'm back in OP. Just get there early or you'll have a hell of a time finding a place to set your beer.

it's not bad most nights, but on thursdays it has been really packed. I will be pissed if it turns into a trendy pop your collar place. When i first moved out of st joe that was the bar i could walk too.

patteeu
06-06-2006, 07:17 AM
At some point, maybe if you have guests from out of town to entertain, you should go to the Steamboat Arabia museum (http://www.1856.com/). It's a museum that tells the story and displays the contents of a steamboat that sank on the Missouri River just north of KC back in 1856. Pretty cool place that you won't find elsewhere.

If you like Thai food, there's a restaurant called The Thai Place somewhere up around 87th street that is real good.

sedated
06-06-2006, 07:41 AM
Hit me up next time you go out that way..

Call me thursday i might be able to help you out with what you were looking for

:hmmm:

:bong:

Inspector
06-06-2006, 07:43 AM
There is an exciting night life to be had in and around the Independence Avenue area.

Bring latex.

And Lysol.