PDA

View Full Version : Is Warpaint Illisutrated worth the money?

Pages : [1] 2

GoHuge
06-02-2006, 05:47 PM
It looks good but is it worth it?

Hammock Parties
06-02-2006, 05:48 PM
Yes, especially for all the insider articles you get during training camp.

ChiefsFire
06-02-2006, 05:49 PM
amazing that you would say that...

morphius
06-02-2006, 05:49 PM
Oh sheesh.

sedated
06-02-2006, 05:50 PM
um...no.

anything said over there is posted here within 5 minutes, anyway

Stinger
Well this thread ought to get interesting. I think I may pop up some popcorn and watch.

go bo
depends on how much the money is worth to you...

QuikSsurfer
06-02-2006, 05:53 PM
lol.. just in time

Skip Towne
06-02-2006, 05:54 PM
This'n ought to go a hunnert.

Fire Me Boy!
06-02-2006, 05:56 PM
This'n ought to go a hunnert.
In five minutes.

Fire Me Boy!
06-02-2006, 05:57 PM
Personally, the content isn't that bad, but the writing is horrific. As such, the writing only pisses me off. I don't need to pay someone to piss me off. Thousands in the metro piss me off for free.

Hammock Parties
06-02-2006, 06:00 PM
Personally, the content isn't that bad, but the writing is horrific.

No it's not.

JBucc
06-02-2006, 06:00 PM
It's not worth the free

Gonzo
06-02-2006, 06:02 PM
How much is it?

Fire Me Boy!
06-02-2006, 06:03 PM
No it's not.
OK. And I haven't worked as a writer for six years, even some experience as a SPORTS writer.

You're right, gochiefs. Nick Athan and <a href="http://chiefsplanet.com"><a href="http://chiefsplanet.com">WPI</a></a> are paragons of journalistic skill and integrity.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out Athan is in serious need of an editor.

Skip Towne
06-02-2006, 06:04 PM
They've got a bunch of little dorks like GoChiefs over there. Does that answer your question.

Hammock Parties
06-02-2006, 06:05 PM
OK. And I haven't worked as a writer for six years, even some experience as a SPORTS writer.

You're right, gochiefs. Nick Athan and <a href="http://chiefsplanet.com"><a href="http://chiefsplanet.com">WPI</a></a> are paragons of journalistic skill and integrity.

I won't deny that the writing used to be horrific. I think it's improved considerably in the last few months.

I posted a WPI article here yesterday and no one even knew it.

FAX
06-02-2006, 06:06 PM
I'm a subscriber. My reason is that the audio interviews in the locker room during the season are worth it to me. Some of them are cool and I can't find anything like that anywhere else.

FAX

Gonzo
They've got a bunch of little dorks like GoChiefs over there. Does that answer your question.
ROFL ROFL ROFL

ChiefsFire
No it's not.
nice come back

sedated
06-02-2006, 06:10 PM
"GoHuge39"

:hmmm:

who could that be?

Chiefnj
06-02-2006, 06:11 PM
It's such a great community that the people who work for it spend most of their time on chiefsplanet. I'd say you'd be a fool if you didn't subscribe AND make pay pal donation.

In exchange for the free advice that I have just given, I ask that you alert us as soon as you read that Ty Law has signed with KC and Saunder is coaching in Detroit.

StcChief
06-02-2006, 06:15 PM
Donate to the Planet hardware improvement first

Monkeylook4food
Since I've worked there we've had hundreds of guys renew their memberships. We have 3 who told me they didn't think it was worth it. It's getting better all the time. Right now there's an incredible promotion that includes a year subscription to Sports Illustrated for the same price. We're touting it as a great Father's day gift.
We get a bad rap because Nick has horrible grammar and he takes a lot of risks. Even if you hate his coverege, there's now enough other writers that you still get a great value. Quite honestly, I don't care for Nick's writing either. He knows.

Mike Nugent is our beat writer and he spends a lot of time at Arrowhead. Mike Campbell is our X's and O's and draft guy. He's very thorough.

Most of the Warpaint stuff is free, FWIW.

Send Phobia a PM over there and I'll set you up with 30 days free. Then you can tell me if it's worth it.

Hammock Parties
It's such a great community that the people who work for it spend most of their time on chiefsplanet.

Not true.

Fire Me Boy!
06-02-2006, 06:18 PM
Not true.
Well, you state your case so eloquently.

ChiefsFire
06-02-2006, 06:20 PM
Well, you state your case so eloquently.
yea....

makes me wanna run right over and join

JBucc
06-02-2006, 06:21 PM
Not true.I find it funny who posted above you

Fire Me Boy!
06-02-2006, 06:22 PM
yea....

makes me wanna run right over and join
Not true.

Hammock Parties
06-02-2006, 06:23 PM
There's a great point-counterpoint running right now. It's well-written and enjoyable. It's certainly not "horrific."

sedated
06-02-2006, 06:25 PM
There's a great point-counterpoint running right now. It's well-written and enjoyable. It's certainly not "horrific."

no its not

Hammock Parties
06-02-2006, 06:26 PM
no its not

Thankyou for agreeing with me.

Skip Towne
06-02-2006, 06:27 PM
Since I've worked there we've had hundreds of guys renew their memberships. We have 3 who told me they didn't think it was worth it. It's getting better all the time. Right now there's an incredible promotion that includes a year subscription to Sports Illustrated for the same price. We're touting it as a great Father's day gift.
We get a bad rap because Nick has horrible grammar and he takes a lot of risks. Even if you hate his coverege, there's now enough other writers that you still get a great value. Quite honestly, I don't care for Nick's writing either. He knows.

Mike Nugent is our beat writer and he spends a lot of time at Arrowhead. Mike Campbell is our X's and O's and draft guy. He's very thorough.

Send Phobia a PM over there and I'll set you up with 30 days free. Then you can tell me if it's worth it.
So a guy with "horrible grammar" decides to go into journalism. I have a little trouble with that.

Eleazar
06-02-2006, 06:28 PM
Let's think about it, GoHuge, why would someone claim to have insider information?

The way I see it, Nick Athan puts "inside information" in an article because he wants you to feel all warm and toasty inside. You put that <a href="http://chiefsplanet.com">WPI</a> rag under your pillow at night, and the "inside information" fairy might come by and leave you a quarter. All they sold you is an "insider" piece of sh#t. Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and write "inside information" on it I will, I got spare time.

Fire Me Boy!
06-02-2006, 06:28 PM
no its not
That would have been more humorous if you'd said "Not true."

ChiefsFire
06-02-2006, 06:30 PM
incorrect

Fire Me Boy!
06-02-2006, 06:32 PM
What? I know "humorouser" isn't a word.

sedated
06-02-2006, 06:33 PM

I was going for some level of originality.

I failed miserably...as usual

I'm gonna go cut myself

Fire Me Boy!
06-02-2006, 06:34 PM
I was going for some level of originality.

I failed miserably...as usual

I'm gonna go cut myself
Are you sedated? And I don't mean that in the existential sense of "are we really who we say we are," but rather the obvious, are you on sleeping pills?

the Talking Can
can we rename Chiefsplanet?...it should be "Employees of Warpaint Spam Chiefsplanet"

or at least create a sub-forum for all the "Nick is so great you should give him your money" posts...thanks

Eleazar
So a guy with "horrible grammar" decides to go into journalism. I have a little trouble with that.

I don't care about the grammar. He could get an editor and not look like such a tool, true. The part I have issue with is that he parades around as someone with all these inside sources, like he's a fly on the wall at Arrowhead, but obviously is either reporting any degree of rumor or just plain making things up.

Fire Me Boy!
06-02-2006, 06:35 PM
I'm gonna go cut myself
Use something sharp. Serrated steak knives hurt like a bitch.

sedated
06-02-2006, 06:37 PM
Are you sedated? And I don't mean that in the existential sense of "are we really who we say we are," but rather the obvious, are you on sleeping pills?

are you really a pig on a roof?

Fire Me Boy!
06-02-2006, 06:38 PM
No. But I'm a liar. So, really, who knows?

ChiefsFire
06-02-2006, 06:39 PM
mmmm

some pig on a bun slathered in bbq sauce sounds good

kcxiv
06-02-2006, 06:40 PM
Thier New PoDcast thing they do is great. And its also free. Then again i was a fan of Mighty Mike when he used to do the pod casts at the coalition. That sight isnt a bad site, and i find myself visiting there more frequently when i wanna see whats going on with the Chiefs.

I wouldnt ever pay 99 bucks for that though.

If i wanna hear the lockerroom talk, i just listen to the post game show and hear gretz/dawson interviewing peeps 1 on 1.

I am by no means a Nick Athan Fan, but i am pretty sure he went into what he does becuase he is a Chiefs fan and found a way to make a little bit of cash. Good for him.

Out.

sedated
06-02-2006, 06:40 PM
No. But I'm a liar. So, really, who knows?

but are you lying when you say you are a liar?

Hammock Parties
06-02-2006, 06:41 PM
I always lie. In fact, I am lying to you now.

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/5205/tos0046yl.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

rad
06-02-2006, 06:41 PM
Let's think about it, GoHuge, why would someone claim to have insider information?

The way I see it, Nick Athan puts "inside information" in an article because he wants you to feel all warm and toasty inside. You put that <a href="http://chiefsplanet.com"><a href="http://chiefsplanet.com">WPI</a></a> rag under your pillow at night, and the "inside information" fairy might come by and leave you a quarter. All they sold you is an "insider" piece of sh#t. Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and write "inside information" on it I will, I got spare time.
ROFL ROFL ROFL

"Next thing you know there's money missing off your dresser and your daughter's knocked up, I've seen it a thousand times."

Fire Me Boy!
06-02-2006, 06:42 PM
but are you lying when you say you are a liar?
Yes. :shrug:

Skip Towne
06-02-2006, 06:42 PM
I don't care about the grammar. He could get an editor and not look like such a tool, true. The part I have issue with is that he parades around as someone with all these inside sources, like he's a fly on the wall at Arrowhead, but obviously is either reporting any degree of rumor or just plain making things up.
He just throws out lots of shit and hopes some of it hits. Then he claims "insider info".

burt
06-02-2006, 06:50 PM
They are just another BB. We are just another BB. We have the great luck NOT to have Inet Nazi's for mods. So do they. Other BB's have inflated ego's running them. Little Hitler's. Neither WPI nor Planet have that problem. I feel coexistence is easy. Our board just has more smart asses. Thank God.

I will say that I have never been aroung ANYTHING that Phobia has been involved with, that sucked. WPI son not sucketh. But this is home....BECAUSE of the smartasses.

stevieray
06-02-2006, 06:51 PM
the fifty cent coke syndrome.

Spicy McHaggis
06-02-2006, 07:22 PM
Does it bother anyone other than me that Jack Harry uses Nick Athan as a credible source?

It bothers me Jack Harry has his own show. Satan had to have had his hand in that one.

htismaqe
06-02-2006, 07:34 PM
Having been a scout.com member, here's my 2 cents:

If you're a college football fan that follows recruiting, the subscription is ABSOLUTELY worth the money.

But for the Chiefs? Nah. You can't get any insider info there that you can't find elsewhere...

htismaqe
06-02-2006, 07:39 PM
does just being a paying member of scout.com get you the warpaint illustrated print mag, too... or is that extra?

I think that's extra, but I'm not sure. I've never gotten the WPI mag nor have I gotten the Hawkeynation mag either.

Hammock Parties
06-02-2006, 07:39 PM
does just being a paying member of scout.com get you the warpaint illustrated print mag, too... or is that extra?

I believe it's included.

Skip Towne
06-02-2006, 07:46 PM
I wonder who spelled illustrated for Nick?

CHIEF4EVER
06-02-2006, 07:50 PM
Why in the hell would someone pay money to see someone misspell words?

Nzoner
06-02-2006, 07:53 PM
I won't pay(unless you count my internet)for any football related info.As for post locker room talk I rarely listen unless it's a night game because as soon as the Chiefs are over I'm more interested in watching another game.Besides,I'll get plenty of soundbites on the news etc. the entire next week.

Hammock Parties
06-02-2006, 07:56 PM
Why in the hell would someone pay money to see someone misspell words?

Sir...I assure you there are no mispelled words under my watch.

Mile High Mania
06-02-2006, 08:04 PM

I do think it includes the Chronicles of GoChiefs... a weekly rant.

Hammock Parties
06-02-2006, 08:08 PM

What's funny is that I had this as my signature for awhile...

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/3328/chronicles11tv.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Skip Towne
06-02-2006, 08:11 PM
I heard you get naked pictures of GoChiefs with a Premium membership. Have at it!!!

Monkeylook4food
06-02-2006, 08:54 PM
I came on stronger than I intended in my last post on this thread. It read like a commercial.

Here's the straight poop on Warpaint coming straight from Phil - no fluff, no buzz-words, no promotions.

Did Warpaint suck for a long time? It absolutely did. The first guy who will stand up and tell you that is Nick Athan. That is not inside information and I'm not charging for it.

Is Warpaint under new management? Yes it is. Has new management made positive changes. Yes they have. Is Warpaint the best thing ever? Probably not. I promise you this, though; whatever you thought of Warpaint 6 months ago - forget it. That organization is dead.

Warpaint has 5 prongs:
1. Magazine
2. Podcast
3. Sports blog
4. Message Community
5. Chiefs Charity advocate

In answer to a previous question (thanks for the shout-out NJ), Warpaint staff are encouraged to post on ChiefsPlanet because ChiefsPlanet is a great site. Warpaint competes with ChiefsPlanet in only one of the above - the message board and even then our message board is culturally very different. We don't compete. We don't want to compete. AustinChief doesn't want to compete with Warpaint either.

We have more content for offseason Chiefs news than any other media outlet in town. That's a fact.

So, to answer the original question: Is Warpaint worth the money? For a lot of people it is, especially those who have some disposable income. If you are comfortable spending $5 on a cup of coffee or $280 on an authentic Chiefs jersey then Warpaint is worth the money for you. If you're a QT coffee drinker, come by and check out the free stuff with no obligation to buy. Check out the latest podcast - it's my first appearance and I'm pretty sure I sucked. Feel free to make fun of me.

the Talking Can
06-02-2006, 08:57 PM
I came on stronger than I intended in my last post on this thread. It read like a commercial.

Here's the straight poop on Warpaint coming straight from Phil - no fluff, no buzz-words, no promotions.

Did Warpaint suck for a long time? It absolutely did. The first guy who will stand up and tell you that is Nick Athan. That is not inside information and I'm not charging for it.

Is Warpaint under new management? Yes it is. Has new management made positive changes. Yes they have. Is Warpaint the best thing ever? Probably not. I promise you this, though; whatever you thought of Warpaint 6 months ago - forget it. That organization is dead.

Warpaint is has 5 heads:
1. Magazine
2. Podcast
3. Sports blog
4. Message Community
5. Chiefs Charity advocate

In answer to a previous question (thanks for the shout-out NJ), Warpaint staff are encouraged to post on ChiefsPlanet because ChiefsPlanet is a great site. Warpaint competes with ChiefsPlanet in only one of the above - the message board and even then our message board is culturally very different. We don't compete. We don't want to compete. AustinChief doesn't want to compete with Warpaint either.

We have more content for offseason Chiefs news than any other media outlet in town. That's a fact.

So, to answer the original question: Is Warpaint worth the money? For a lot of people it is, especially those who have some disposable income. If you are comfortable spending $5 on a cup of coffee or $280 on an authentic Chiefs jersey then Warpaint is worth the money for you. If you're a QT coffee drinker, come by and check out the free stuff with no obligation to buy. Check out the latest podcast - it's my first appearance and I'm pretty sure I sucked. Feel free to make fun of me.

at least that didn't sound like a commercial....uh.....we get it....really...

can Chiefsplanet get one free premium membership for all the free advertising we provide?

Hammock Parties
06-02-2006, 09:01 PM
Phil pretty much nailed it. There is a lot of free content that's enjoyable to read. I can't wait to see Warpaint's coverage during training camp. If it's as good as it was during mini-camp, it's going to be outstanding, and well worth the subscription. Mike & Mike do a great job.

Monkeylook4food
06-02-2006, 09:06 PM
at least that didn't sound like a commercial....uh.....we get it....really...

can Chiefsplanet get one free premium membership for all the free advertising we provide?

Only if the Kansas City Star agrees to give you a free subsciption for all the advertising ChiefsPlanet provides for them.

I'm not here spamming but I'm damn sure going to answer a straight up question about it. You expect me to just ignore this thread? Come on.

Monkeylook4food
06-02-2006, 09:15 PM
As further evidence of the Warpaint improvement, we have a new writer. What's the point?

The point is that Nick used to receive a lot of hate mail from a guy last year. The guy trashed Nick and Warpaint every chance he got. He was justified.

Now he write for us. He sent an email last week praising the site and offering to provide his journalism training to benefit our readers.

Skip Towne
06-02-2006, 09:16 PM
Only if the Kansas City Star agrees to give you a free subsciption for all the advertising ChiefsPlanet provides for them.

I'm not here spamming but I'm damn sure going to answer a straight up question about it. You expect me to just ignore this thread? Come on.
You nailed it yourself awhile back. All spam all the time. I'm tired of hearing about that f*cked up place.

Hammock Parties
06-02-2006, 09:19 PM
As further evidence of the Warpaint improvement, we have a new writer. What's the point?

The point is that Nick used to receive a lot of hate mail from a guy last year. The guy trashed Nick and Warpaint every chance he got. He was justified.

Now he write for us. He sent an email last week praising the site and offering to provide his journalism training to benefit our readers.

And he's a solid writer, too. There's a nice piece on Ryan Sims coming.

CHIEF4EVER
06-02-2006, 09:25 PM
And he's a solid writer, too. There's a nice piece on Ryan Sims coming.

Hell, let me save you guys some time on that article. Publish this one:

6/2/06

For OTA's, Ryan Sims showed his fat lazy ass up 100 pounds overweight and munching on a turkey leg. He was asked (rather forcefully) to clean out his locker and not to let the door hit him in the ass on his way out of the complex.

Skip Towne
06-02-2006, 09:26 PM
Now he write for us. .
He do? Hahahahahahaha

htismaqe
06-02-2006, 09:27 PM

It's not Frank is it?

Hammock Parties
06-02-2006, 09:28 PM
He do? Hahahahahahaha

I draw the line at editing posts.

Monkeylook4food
06-02-2006, 09:33 PM
You nailed it yourself awhile back. All spam all the time. I'm tired of hearing about that f*cked up place.

Hey Mike, let me tell you exactly how much your opinion means to me.

Zip.

You don't support the site, you don't attend events, and you drive away newly registered users. I could care less what you have to say to me. In fact, you're so utterly worthless that if I were still running the place I'd give you the boot.

Monkeylook4food
06-02-2006, 09:36 PM
It's not Frank is it?
No, it's not. Though I'd like to have Frank write for us. This guy was equally venomous with his thoughts.

Skip Towne
06-02-2006, 09:57 PM

Zip.

You don't support the site, you don't attend events, and you drive away newly registered users. I could care less what you have to say to me. In fact, you're so utterly worthless that if I were still running the place I'd give you the boot.
My opinion of you has gone completely south as well. I think it is the company you are keeping. Hey, Phil, we all know you are there (how could we help but know it) if we wanted to come over to your POS site we would. But we don't so how about giving us a break with your constant spam. OK? You thought legions of posters would follow you to ass<a href="http://chiefsplanet.com">WPI</a> but it didn't happen. I guess you aren't as important as you thought you were.

|Zach|
06-02-2006, 10:01 PM
The thing I like most about it is the beat writer's are making an honest effort at press conferences to ask football questions...not "how does it feel to be in KC Herm" questions but X's and O's...interesting stuff that I believe a lot of the demographic around here is interested in. I like that there is an outlet trying to prvoide a service for fans of the game of football. The message board community has a ways to go. Its a pretty slow process changing a culture but it gets better with time. Just a few of my thoughts...

|Zach|
06-02-2006, 10:03 PM
My opinion of you has gone completely south as well. I think it is the company you are keeping. Hey, Phil, we all know you are there (how could we help but know it) if we wanted to come over to your POS site we would. But we don't so how about giving us a break with your constant spam. OK? You thought legions of posters would follow you to ass<a href="http://chiefsplanet.com"><a href="http://chiefsplanet.com">WPI</a></a> but it didn't happen. I guess you aren't as important as you thought you were.
The single greatest thing to happen to the WPI posting base. Skip posting on the planet.

Seriously. It is an amazing boost.

htismaqe
06-02-2006, 10:03 PM
The thing I like most about it is the beat writer's are making an honest effort at press conferences to ask football questions...not "how does it feel to be in KC Herm" questions but X's and O's...interesting stuff that I believe a lot of the demographic around here is interested in. I like that there is an outlet trying to prvoide a service for fans of the game of football. The message board community has a ways to go. Its a pretty slow process changing a culture but it gets better with time. Just a few of my thoughts...

That's a good thing. It's a pleasant change from

"Ever thought about having Jason Dunn play tackle while Willie is out?"

ROFL

Bob Dole
06-02-2006, 10:07 PM
Bob Dole just loves this place.

|Zach|
06-02-2006, 10:08 PM
That's a good thing. It's a pleasant change from

"Ever thought about having Jason Dunn play tackle while Willie is out?"

ROFL
heh, I never caught this gem the first time around. Where from?

htismaqe
06-02-2006, 10:09 PM
heh, I never caught this gem the first time around. Where from?

Bob Fescoe from the 810 morning show.

Vermeil's response was even more classic. Something to the effect of "well, you don't know anything about football".

Monkeylook4food
06-02-2006, 10:09 PM
You thought legions of posters would follow you to ass<a href="http://chiefsplanet.com"><a href="http://chiefsplanet.com">WPI</a></a> but it didn't happen. I guess you aren't as important as you thought you were.

You're vastly mistaken. Besides, I'm glad that didn't happen. I want people to come to Warpaint because we have a quality product, not because of anything having anything to do with me.

|Zach|
06-02-2006, 10:10 PM
Bob Fescoe from the 810 morning show.

Vermeil's response was even more classic. Something to the effect of "well, you don't know anything about football".
Niiice

|Zach|
06-02-2006, 10:13 PM
I understand a lot of the backlash coming from this place...CP is a tough crowd and there are a lot of clashing personalities. I think if you look at WPI at face value it is a group of people who are not perfect but love the Chiefs and want to provide an outlet for information better than it is done right now...if anything from a football fan's perspective. There is a lot of work to do but there have also been great strides. I like being a small part of it.

Skip Towne
06-02-2006, 10:18 PM
You're vastly mistaken. Besides, I'm glad that didn't happen. I want people to come to Warpaint because we have a quality product, not because of anything having anything to do with me.
Yeah, I'm vastly mistaken a lot. You don't have anybody on your site that can pick up a site like I can. You're just pissed because I won't help your shit-for-brains site. Logical just bragged about getting his 50th 100 response thread. And that is a hell of a lot. And he is in second place behind my 83. You only dream about what Jim and I could do for your piss ignorant site. I'm curious to know how many your top thread starter has.

Hammock Parties
06-02-2006, 10:22 PM
Yeah, I'm vastly mistaken a lot. You don't have anybody on your site that can pick up a site like I can. You're just pissed because I won't help your shit-for-brains site. Logical just bragged about getting his 50th 100 response thread. And that is a hell of a lot. And he is in second place behind my 83. You only dream about what Jim and I could do for your piss ignorant site. I'm curious to know how many your top thread starter has.

You jackass. No one cares about how many posts a thread has. <a href="http://chiefsplanet.com">WPI</a> doesn't need or want you.

But they recruited me. How do you like them apples?

Monkeylook4food
06-02-2006, 10:25 PM

Skip, you do more damage to this site than you'd ever do to help it. You are right about one thing, I'd love to have Jim. He's aces.

Thank you for reminding me that you have an account. I'm going to ban you and your IP right now. We can't afford to have your kind hanging around.

Nzoner
06-02-2006, 10:27 PM

And this makes your sorry ass special how?

Hammock Parties
06-02-2006, 10:29 PM

It makes it more special than Skip's, which is my only point. We're putting him in his place....right in front of the WebTV in his recliner.

Skip Towne
06-02-2006, 10:31 PM
Skip, you do more damage to this site than you'd ever do to help it. You are right about one thing, I'd love to have Jim. He's aces.

Thank you for reminding me that you have an account. I'm going to ban you and your IP right now. We can't afford to have your kind hanging around.
Hahahahahaha. You little cretin, you only wish you were the asset to this board that I am. Name one single person I have run off. I'm now banning you and your IP to your mom's basement. Are you ever going to become a productive member of society? Or are you going to stay on mom's tit till she dies? The milk will get sour then you little leach. Will you ever be able to support yourself? I doubt it so shut the f*ck up.

Nzoner
06-02-2006, 10:31 PM
It makes it more special than Skip's, which is my only point. We're putting him in his place....right in front of the WebTV in his recliner.

Let me just clarify,I'm not taking up for Skip I know he can fight his own battles,I just think this whole thing is getting really focking old.

Hammock Parties
06-02-2006, 10:33 PM
Hahahahahaha. You little cretin, you only wish you were the asset to this board that I am. Name one single person I have run off. I'm now banning you and your IP to your mom's basement. Are you ever going to become a productive member of society? Or are you going to stay on mom's tit till she dies? The milk will get sour then you little leach. Will you ever be able to support yourself? I doubt it so shut the f*ck up.

Are you aware that you were addressing Phil by quoting his post? ROFL

stevieray
06-02-2006, 10:33 PM
I just think this whole thing is getting really focking old.

keg in kc
06-02-2006, 10:34 PM
It is getting old, but it's fun to watch sometimes.

Nzoner
06-02-2006, 10:38 PM

I told you I would not be a good time tonight

Skip Towne
06-02-2006, 10:41 PM
GoChiefs is laboring under the impression he is well liked. I guess he chooses to ignore the results of the recent "popularity contest" in which he got f*cking killed. He fits Asswpi perfectly.

Hammock Parties
06-02-2006, 10:44 PM
GoChiefs is laboring under the impression he is well liked.

I'm pretty well liked around here. And I don't post much on the WPI boards, so I'm not hard up for attention.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-02-2006, 10:45 PM
Go Chiefs is on the WPI payroll?

Skip Towne
06-02-2006, 10:45 PM

I must have missed it but how many 100 posts threads does your top thread starter have? You surely wouldn't stonewall me would you? On second thought, yes you certainly would. You are in league with Athan now. Anything goes.

Hammock Parties
06-02-2006, 10:47 PM
Go Chiefs is on the <a href="http://chiefsplanet.com">WPI</a> payroll?

I edit all their stuff and do some writing for the magazine and website.

Skip Towne
06-02-2006, 10:48 PM
I'm pretty well liked around here. And I don't post much on the <a href="http://chiefsplanet.com">WPI</a> boards, so I'm not hard up for attention.
How do you figure you are well liked? Getting your ass stomped by woman who doesn't post much encourages you? You're quite a stupid little f*cker aren't you?

Mr. Flopnuts
06-02-2006, 10:50 PM

I say good for you. I don't know jack shit about the site except for the lack of action on the boards. I like Phil, always have. I'm sure it's improved. I'm just not prepared to pay to find out how much.

Hammock Parties
How do you figure you are well liked? Getting your ass stomped by woman who doesn't post much encourages you? You're quite a stupid little f*cker aren't you?

Didn't you also get beaten in the polls?

Come on Skip, there's no need for you to be so full of hate.

Hammock Parties
I say good for you. I don't know jack shit about the site except for the lack of action on the boards. I like Phil, always have. I'm sure it's improved. I'm just not prepared to pay to find out how much.

There are free articles every week.

morphius
GoChiefs is laboring under the impression he is well liked. I guess he chooses to ignore the results of the recent "popularity contest" in which he got f*cking killed. He fits Asswpi perfectly.
And even with all of your 100 post threads and super high post count you couldn't even win. Hell, you only got passed piss ass little me because some noobs thought it would be funny to run the poll and thought it was funny to mock you.

Of course I'm just going off what they told me...

morphius
big enough jackass I shouldn't have even been in the competition.

Nzoner
06-02-2006, 10:51 PM

http://tinyurl.com/sx7ay

Skip Towne
06-02-2006, 10:51 PM

Ban me? But how will I know if you did it? Will you send me an email?

Sfeihc
06-02-2006, 10:59 PM
I thought we had a <a href="http://chiefsplanet.com">WPI</a> subforum for topics like this. Where the hell are the mods?

good question :)

Monkeylook4food
06-02-2006, 10:59 PM
I'm not going to ban you, Skip. I don't ban people for crap they did on other boards. You'd actually have to do something worthy of banishment on our site before I booted you.

|Zach|
06-02-2006, 11:06 PM
And even with all of your 100 post threads and super high post count you couldn't even win. Hell, you only got passed piss ass little me because some noobs thought it would be funny to run the poll and thought it was funny to mock you.

morphius
ROFL

Skip Towne
06-02-2006, 11:10 PM
I'm not going to ban you, Skip. I don't ban people for crap they did on other boards. You'd actually have to do something worthy of banishment on our site before I booted you.
I'm so relieved. Thanks for sparin' me massah. Please don't beat me no mo'.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-02-2006, 11:11 PM
I'm so relieved. Thanks for sparin' me massah. Please don't beat me no mo'.

Kunta Kente

Skip Towne
06-02-2006, 11:15 PM
Kunta Kente
:LOL:

Mr. Flopnuts
06-02-2006, 11:16 PM

morphius

FTR I didn't do that to MOCK Skip. I simply wanted to see if I could sell a bunch of N00bs that Skips insults were really forms of affection and acceptance. I figured everyone knew. I like Skip, and his 100 post threads. I recognize his schtick for what it is. (That sounds kind of gross.) So yeah, it was a game for me. I was bored. But Skip would have been nominated whether I did it or not. And I think the entertainment value he provides no matter what side of the fence your on, is worthy of contention for the crown.

Mr. Flopnuts
Kunta Kente

I said your name's Toby boy!!!!

Mr. Flopnuts
I said your name's Toby boy!!!!

Kunta Kente

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-02-2006, 11:48 PM

Jesus f*cking christ. Of course it's not worth the money. Stop shilling for your hero for f*ck's sake.

morphius
06-02-2006, 11:56 PM
FTR I didn't do that to MOCK Skip. I simply wanted to see if I could sell a bunch of N00bs that Skips insults were really forms of affection and acceptance. I figured everyone knew. I like Skip, and his 100 post threads. I recognize his schtick for what it is. (That sounds kind of gross.) So yeah, it was a game for me. I was bored. But Skip would have been nominated whether I did it or not. And I think the entertainment value he provides no matter what side of the fence your on, is worthy of contention for the crown.
Thats close enough to mocking for me :D

Mr. Flopnuts
06-03-2006, 12:00 AM
Thats close enough to mocking for me :D

ROFL ****er you are really trying to get me in trouble with the old man.

stevieray
06-03-2006, 12:22 AM
Jesus f*cking christ. Of course it's not worth the money. Stop shilling for your hero for f*ck's sake.

why? are you offended?

ironic, considering your post is offensive.

morphius
06-03-2006, 01:00 AM
ROFL ****er you are really trying to get me in trouble with the old man.
Hey, notice I never even mentioned you. I did that on purpose, LOL!

thepascalblaze
06-03-2006, 03:39 AM
no

jspchief
06-03-2006, 06:42 AM
I get the magazine, but not the "inside" web content. The magazine is basically fluff, but what can you expect from a monthly publication? It's certainly not going to compete with other outlets in regards to actual "news". Personally, I don't think the magazine is worth it, but I'm more of an Xs & Os guy than a fluff guy, so it really doesn't scratch my itch. I could see where it would appeal to some people though.

In terms of writing, it has improved with gochiefs' editing, but still needs work. There may not be as many spelling errors, but some of the writing still doesn't flow well. Considering the cost of the publication, I would expect better in that regard.

As for the insider stuff, I wouldn't consider it "worth it" simply because I don't feel Athan has any credibility. Anytime WPI seems to have a scoop that no one else has, it ends up being false. It was never more evident than when Gretz wrote an article flaming the credibility of the "official news outlet of the Chiefs". And even assuming they do have legit scoops, I can wait the extra 30 minutes for it to hit the rest of the internet.

So to answer the question, It's not worth it IMO. You may find that it is worth it.

KChiefs1
06-03-2006, 08:18 AM

This is the part I have a problem with too. He says he has "inside sources" but then always fails to report breaking news until after Adam Teicher does. I've never seen that site break a story...they just throw a lot of crap against the wall to have one stick & then you have him bragging saying he said it was going to happen all along. It's a joke!

Eleazar
06-03-2006, 09:32 AM
You jackass. No one cares about how many posts a thread has. <a href="http://chiefsplanet.com"><a href="http://chiefsplanet.com">WPI</a></a> doesn't need or want you.

One internet message board recruited you to post on theirs instead of another. There's something to hang your hat on.

unlurking
06-03-2006, 09:44 AM

If there really are a bunch of improvements, and things really are becoming worth the $$$, you should offer a free 30-day trial to EVERYONE, not just one of GCs alter-egos.

Demonpenz
06-03-2006, 10:09 AM
i can see warpaint taking off then everyone thinking it's the best thing since sliced bread. It's the same thing as a bar when it starts. People are alike "That place is a shithole i would never go there" But when it starts getting busy you have to track your ass over there to see what kind of beaver is hanging out.

Hammock Parties
06-03-2006, 10:15 AM
One internet message board recruited you to post on theirs instead of another. There's something to hang your hat on.

I wasn't recruited to post on their message board. I was recruited to improve the quality of their magazine and online media.

Hammock Parties
06-03-2006, 10:17 AM
If there really are a bunch of improvements, and things really are becoming worth the $$$, you should offer a free 30-day trial to EVERYONE, not just one of GCs alter-egos.

I don't have any alter-egos on this thread.

Monkeylook4food
06-03-2006, 10:19 AM

Done.

the Talking Can
I wasn't recruited to post on their message board. I was recruited to improve the quality of their magazine and online media.

and people wonder why we make fun of Nick

is there any limit to the amount of span we have to put up with from WPI employees?

unlurking
So it's just coincidence that you responded to the thread within 60 seconds of it being posted?

Demonpenz
06-03-2006, 10:21 AM
go ahead and cancel my 30 day free membership it's not worth the money

JBucc
06-03-2006, 10:21 AM
Done.I want a lifetime free trial. After that's over I'll tell you if i think it's worth it.

Monkeylook4food
06-03-2006, 10:29 AM
This is the part I have a problem with too. He says he has "inside sources" but then always fails to report breaking news until after Adam Teicher does. I've never seen that site break a story...they just throw a lot of crap against the wall to have one stick & then you have him bragging saying he said it was going to happen all along. It's a joke!

If you've never seen it then you're not paying attention. In fact, Nick broke the Jerome Woods story and sourced Rhonda Moss on the 17th of last month.

I know the guy has missed a lot. You have every right to feel the way you do. Everything has changed at Warpaint.

I'll bet you think the Bengals suck still, don't you?

banyon
06-03-2006, 10:31 AM
Why isn't this in Romper Room by now?

It's like a giant infomercial.

Monkeylook4food
06-03-2006, 10:32 AM
So it's just coincidence that you responded to the thread within 60 seconds of it being posted?

I know a lot of you don't think gochiefs is very bright. But I promise he's clever enough to create an alter ego that does not contain the word "go".

Monkeylook4food
06-03-2006, 10:36 AM

But if you call right now, you'll get not 1, not 2, no, NOT EVEN THREE!!!!

YOU'll GET 4 WEEKS FREE TRIAL.

It's probably not in the Romper Room because a member of this site asked a legitimate question and I'm busy debunking old news. If you don't want to accept that Warpaint is improved, that's fine with me. Don't go there. No problem. It's not like we're asking anybody to leave ChiefsPlanet. If you read and enjoy the Chiefs coverage in the Star then you'll enjoy our coverage as well. We're not competing with you.

banyon
06-03-2006, 10:39 AM
But if you call right now, you'll get not 1, not 2, no, NOT EVEN THREE!!!!

YOU'll GET 4 WEEKS FREE TRIAL.

It's probably not in the Romper Room because a member of this site asked a legitimate question and I'm busy debunking old news. If you don't want to accept that Warpaint is improved, that's fine with me. Don't go there. No problem. It's not like we're asking anybody to leave ChiefsPlanet. If you read and enjoy the Chiefs coverage in the Star then you'll enjoy our coverage as well. We're not competing with you.

If I didn't read the Star everyday and listen to 610 and 810, I'd probably feel like it might be worth it.

I'm just surprised this thread is still going on. (of course I have now prolonged it by 2 posts and 2 replies).

stevieray
06-03-2006, 10:39 AM

shut up noob.

banyon
06-03-2006, 10:40 AM
shut up noob.

By all means...let the infomercial continue.

stevieray just cannot get enough of this crap.

Monkeylook4food
06-03-2006, 10:42 AM
If I didn't read the Star everyday and listen to 610 and 810, I'd probably feel like it might be worth it.

I'm just surprised this thread is still going on. (of course I have now prolonged it by 2 posts and 2 replies).

You listen to 610 and 810 but you're cracking on Warpaint? Wow. I'm really insulted now. Go check out our podcast and tell me if there's not more pertinent Chiefs information in our 40 minutes than you get in 40 hours of listening to 610 and 810. Is "FREE" worth it?

Fire Me Boy!
06-03-2006, 10:45 AM
OK, Phil. So hook me up with that 4-week trial. I'm not going to bash anything that I haven't read in three months.

I'll give it a fair go, and I will report what I think, good or bad.

FTR, I don't have the disposable income -- especially while I'm trying to buy a house, ****ing down payments, deposits on utilities, moving, etc.

banyon
06-03-2006, 10:47 AM
You listen to 610 and 810 but you're cracking on Warpaint? Wow. I'm really insulted now. Go check out our podcast and tell me if there's not more pertinent Chiefs information in our 40 minutes than you get in 4 hours of listening to 610 and 810. Is "FREE" worth it?

The only quality on 610 or 810 is Petro, but if there's breaking news, Then R. Moss or Todd Lebo or somebody will be down at Arrowhead to cover the crap. Maybe I don't have the need to be the first to know when something breaks. An hour or two later is usually fine with me.

Mile High Mania
06-03-2006, 10:47 AM
I know a lot of you don't think gochiefs is very bright. But I promise he's clever enough to create an alter ego that does not contain the word "go".

Heh ... I think it would be clever for him to pick one and just focus on making it work. :)

Fire Me Boy!
06-03-2006, 10:48 AM
You listen to 610 and 810 but you're cracking on Warpaint? Wow. I'm really insulted now. Go check out our podcast and tell me if there's not more pertinent Chiefs information in our 40 minutes than you get in 4 hours of listening to 610 and 810. Is "FREE" worth it?
I can't vouch for the podcast (because I haven't listened yet), but "FREE" is not always worth it.

As a regular reviewer of movies for the past six years, I can say with some authority that I have hours upon hours of time spent in a theater that I want back. Did you see Stealth? What about Corky Romano? That was easy -- four hours of my life that were NOT worth the "FREE".

Again, not saying the podcast isn't worth it -- just saying there ARE some things that aren't worth free.

Hammock Parties
06-03-2006, 10:49 AM
Heh ... I think it would be clever for him to pick one and just focus on making it work. :)

Uh, I DO. I don't have stupid alter egos like Kotter.

vailpass
06-03-2006, 11:16 AM
Jesus what a bunch of contrived bullshit between Phobia and GoLoser to generate traffic for their sorry board.
The fact that an unemployed socially maladept never-saw-the-field ****stick like GoQueef is associated with it should be all the reason anyone needs to avoid that board like loser-cooties.

tk13
06-03-2006, 11:24 AM
Coming up next on HSN... Esteban...and his gift of guitar.

FAX
06-03-2006, 11:25 AM
Coming up next on HSN... Esteban...and his gift of guitar.

ROFL

FAX

OldTownChief
06-03-2006, 11:36 AM
GoChiefs, You should spend more time over there or with your "editing" or what ever it is you do for them because your constant pimping yourself here is getting quite sickening. It's good to have self confidence but you reek of insecurity.

I was a member of <a href="http://chiefsplanet.com">WPI</a> years ago and I know that NA is a big joke. That site is getting better because of Phil, no question about it BUT the threads about it DO NOT belong here. You are only hurting your cause.

MODS: Why can't threads about that site be deleated and spammers be banned?

Mr. Flopnuts
06-03-2006, 12:22 PM

He did, I got mine last night. I'm gonna check it out for myself.

Bowser
06-03-2006, 12:48 PM
:D

Pitt Gorilla
06-03-2006, 01:31 PM
The only quality on 610 or 810 is Petro, but if there's breaking news, Then R. Moss or Todd Lebo or somebody will be down at Arrowhead to cover the crap. Maybe I don't have the need to be the first to know when something breaks. An hour or two later is usually fine with me.That's the way I look at it; if something new "breaks," I can generally find out about it on here...for free. I don't understand paying money to be "first."

Monkeylook4food
06-03-2006, 02:05 PM
That's the way I look at it; if something new "breaks," I can generally find out about it on here...for free. I don't understand paying money to be "first."

You do not HAVE TO PAY MONEY to use Warpaint. There are some goods and services that cost $99 a year but that's the most we ask from any one person. Our $99 package is all inclusive.

Monkeylook4food
06-03-2006, 02:07 PM
Jesus what a bunch of contrived bullshit between Phobia and GoLoser to generate traffic for their sorry board.
The fact that an unemployed socially maladept never-saw-the-field ****stick like GoQueef is associated with it should be all the reason anyone needs to avoid that board like loser-cooties.

If it were contrived I wouldn't participate. Somebody asked a question and we're responding. Which does not equal spam.

Hammock Parties
06-03-2006, 04:41 PM
GoChiefs, You should spend more time over there or with your "editing" or what ever it is you do for them because your constant pimping yourself here is getting quite sickening. It's good to have self confidence but you reek of insecurity.

I was a member of <a href="http://chiefsplanet.com"><a href="http://chiefsplanet.com">WPI</a></a> years ago and I know that NA is a big joke. That site is getting better because of Phil, no question about it BUT the threads about it DO NOT belong here. You are only hurting your cause.

I didn't start this thread. The only thing I "pimp" from WPI is free articles, and even then, not all of them.

You have no ground to stand on.

JBucc
06-03-2006, 04:44 PM
If it were contrived I wouldn't participate. Somebody asked a question and we're responding. Which does not equal spam.Shut up n00b

OldTownChief
06-03-2006, 04:53 PM
I didn't start this thread.

Bull Shit

Hammock Parties
06-03-2006, 04:55 PM
Bull Shit

As Phil stated, I'm not dumb enough to register a dupe account with "Go" in the username.

Besides, I don't care. I've never started threads like these. A mod could easily verify, if they cared to, which I'm sure they don't.

In the meantime, take a chill pill. Hate isn't good for your heart.

JBucc
06-03-2006, 05:03 PM
Hate isn't good for your heart.neither is being a fatass

GoHuge40
06-03-2006, 05:11 PM
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, PUT THIS SHIT IN THE ROMPER ROOM!!!

ChiefsFire
06-03-2006, 05:12 PM
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, PUT THIS SHIT IN THE ROMPER ROOM!!!
since when do you get to say what goes where?

GoHuge40
06-03-2006, 05:15 PM
since when do you get to say what goes where?

SINCE I LEARNED TO BOLDFACE MY TYPE!!!IT MEANS I AM ALWAYS RIGHT!!!I ALSO ALWAYS USE 3 EXCLAMATION POINTS!!!

kcxiv
06-03-2006, 06:35 PM
I can't vouch for the podcast (because I haven't listened yet), but "FREE" is not always worth it.

As a regular reviewer of movies for the past six years, I can say with some authority that I have hours upon hours of time spent in a theater that I want back. Did you see Stealth? What about Corky Romano? That was easy -- four hours of my life that were NOT worth the "FREE".

Again, not saying the podcast isn't worth it -- just saying there ARE some things that aren't worth free.ITs worth listening to for free just because of MM.

Some folks on here really need to Chill the hell out. You are getting all worked up for nothing. If you dont like WPI or anything associated with them, then just freaking ignore it. Its really easy to do.

Skip Towne
06-03-2006, 06:54 PM
SINCE I LEARNED TO BOLDFACE MY TYPE!!!IT MEANS I AM ALWAYS RIGHT!!!I ALSO ALWAYS USE 3 EXCLAMATION POINTS!!!
I am always right 60% of the time.

Bob Dole
06-03-2006, 07:06 PM
Bull Shit

Actually, unless he put a whole lot of time and effort into it, he's telling the truth.

morphius
06-03-2006, 07:08 PM
Does anyone here find the humor in the fact that people are complaining about being spammed with Chief's news?

morphius
knows thats not the point, but can't help but laugh.

Mile High Mania
06-03-2006, 07:15 PM
Does anyone here find the humor in the fact that people are complaining about being spammed with Chief's news?

morphius

There's news in this this thread?

go bo
06-03-2006, 07:15 PM

Zip.

You don't support the site, you don't attend events, and you drive away newly registered users. I could care less what you have to say to me. In fact, you're so utterly worthless that if I were still running the place I'd give you the boot.jeeze phil, show a little respect...

don't you know that skip has more 100-post threads than the entire planet put together?

morphius
06-03-2006, 07:18 PM
There's news in this this thread?
Everything from WPI is considered spam here...

Monkeylook4food
06-03-2006, 07:22 PM

morphius

If one were to think about it and remove the Nick Athan hate from the equasion, there's very little difference between Warpaint and the KC Star. We both have several writers. We both cover the Chiefs heavily. Each organization has a message board.

The major differences are that they have a big budget, they're much more well known, we charge a fee for our magazine and subscriber services, and we do a few other things to enhance our coverage.

tk13
06-03-2006, 07:27 PM
If one were to think about it and remove the Nick Athan hate from the equasion, there's very little difference between Warpaint and the KC Star. We both have several writers. We both cover the Chiefs heavily. Each organization has a message board.

The major differences are that they have a big budget, they're much more well known, we charge a fee for our magazine and subscriber services, and we do a few other things to enhance our coverage.
The Star takes a lot of flack sometimes, but they constantly win awards, and have two of the best sports columnists in the country in Posnanski and Whitlock.

That's not meant as a slight against you guys at all, I know you work hard, but the Star could be a lot worse I think.

Bob Dole
06-03-2006, 07:28 PM

Who's your Whitlock? WHO'S YOUR WHITLOCK, BITCH???

Monkeylook4food
06-03-2006, 07:33 PM
The Star takes a lot of flack sometimes, but they constantly win awards, and have two of the best sports columnists in the country in Posnanski and Whitlock.

That's not meant as a slight against you guys at all, I know you work hard, but the Star could be a lot worse I think.

The Star does a good job for the most part. I wasn't trying to compare ourselves to them in the sense that we're fabulous columnists. There's no doubt that we're amateurs and they're professionals. We're striving to reach their exposure level and professionalism. I strongly believe that internet based blog coverage is the future and that eventually the sports writers for the Star will be seeking jobs from sites such as ours. I would submit Knight Ridder's financial woes as proof of that.

GoHuge40
06-03-2006, 07:35 PM
IF YOU THINK ABOUT IT, CHIEFSPLANET IS PRETTY MUCH LIKE THE WASHINGTON POST!!! BOTH USE WORDS, AND BOTH INVOLVE PEOPLE WHO DO STUFF!!!

Skip Towne
06-03-2006, 07:37 PM

Another difference is they are a large newspaper in a major city and you're not. Oh, yeah, and they have credibility.

Monkeylook4food
06-03-2006, 07:40 PM
IF YOU THINK ABOUT IT, CHIEFSPLANET IS PRETTY MUCH LIKE THE WASHINGTON POST!!! BOTH USE WORDS, AND BOTH INVOLVE PEOPLE WHO DO STUFF!!!

That's pretty funny. I deserve that.

Monkeylook4food
06-03-2006, 07:42 PM
Another difference is they are a large newspaper in a major city and you're not. Oh, yeah, and they have credibility.

I believe you're thinking of Nick Athan. He has a credibility problem. The other quality writers at Warpaint do not.

OldTownChief
06-03-2006, 07:49 PM
I believe you're thinking of Nick Athan. He has a credibility problem. The other quality writers at Warpaint do not.

Isn't GoChiefs a writer over there too?

Monkeylook4food
06-03-2006, 07:50 PM
He's written a couple of magazine articles to date. Are you suggesting he has a credibility problem with regard to his opinions on the Chiefs?

Skip Towne
06-03-2006, 07:52 PM
When the owner has no credibility, why should I look any further? Oh, and also, the Star has been around for 126 years.

OldTownChief
06-03-2006, 07:53 PM
Are you suggesting he has a credibility problem?

Yes

Bob Dole
06-03-2006, 07:56 PM
When the owner has no credibility, why should I look any further? Oh, and also, the Star has been around for 126 years.

Wow. Bob Dole didn't realize it was founded about the time you reached puberty.

Skip Towne
06-03-2006, 08:01 PM
Wow. Bob Dole didn't realize it was founded about the time you reached puberty.
Before the Star showed up I had to read stone tablets.

Monkeylook4food
06-03-2006, 08:03 PM

To recap, in no way do I think Warpaint is comparable to the KC Star in terms of history, budget, or exposure. Their sportswriters are certainly more experienced and more qualified than anybody we have on staff.

I'm comparing Warpaint and the Star because Warpaint produces Chiefs related articles. The Star does as well. Warpaint has a message board. The Star does as well. But articles from the Star are perfectly acceptable here whereas Warpaint articles are met with disdain and bitterness. It's a double standard. I think it has a whole lot to do with Nick Athan. A lot of people hate Nick just like they hate Whitlock (but for different reasons). When you hate Whitlock, do you take your ire out on Joe Posnaski?

There's a whole lot of talent on staff at Warpaint. If you dismiss Warpaint as a viable source of Chiefs information due to your disdain for Nick Athan you're doing yourself a disservice. If you dislike Athan's work, DON'T READ HIM. There's plenty of content at Warpaint that does not contain Nick's byline.

Monkeylook4food
06-03-2006, 08:06 PM
Yes

Gochiefs is a young guy. He's done some stupid stuff over the years. He's growing up. He's a talented kid. He's building a resume at Warpaint and when he's ready to move on to a well paying editor gig at a large publication I'll write him a glowing reference.... which he'll then edit to make it sound good.

GoHuge40
06-03-2006, 08:12 PM
But articles from the Star are perfectly acceptable here whereas Warpaint articles are met with disdain and bitterness. It's a double standard. I think it has a whole lot to do with Nick Athan. A lot of people hate Nick just like they hate Whitlock (but for different reasons). When you hate Whitlock, do you take your ire out on Joe Posnaski?.

WRONG ANALOGY!!! IF YOU HATED THE MCCLATCHY COMPANY OR WILLIAM ROCKHILL NELSON WOULD YOU READ THE STAR?!!!

Monkeylook4food
06-03-2006, 08:33 PM
WRONG ANALOGY!!! IF YOU HATED THE MCCLATCHY COMPANY OR WILLIAM ROCKHILL NELSON WOULD YOU READ THE STAR?!!!
I hate Knight Ridder and I read the Star. I hate Clear Channel and I listen to several of their stations. I hate Coors but I'll drink Blue Moon. I hate Home Depot but I spend about $100,000 there a year. I hate McDonalds and everything it represents but I eat a breakfast sandwich there once or twice a month. I could go on. Does that answer your question?

No, I think I'll go on. I strongly dislike Kevin Keitzman but I still listen to 810. I think that's the analogy you're looking for.

Skip Towne
06-03-2006, 08:33 PM
Ok, there's been a lot of bullshit in this thread... but, this is just ridiculous.

On a side note, every day I laugh more at how much more pathetic Skip gets. Hey Skip, I don't think you need pot for your temporary self-induced senility anymore... it would seem you're driving full bore into the real thing. We'll be sure to put your final count of 100 post threads on your tombstone.
Yeah, right. I'm senile because I point out there is about 180 degrees of difference between <a href="http://chiefsplanet.com">WPI</a> and the Kansas City Star. It is a whole lot easier to find differences than it is similarities. But don't let that stop your drivel.

stevieray
06-03-2006, 08:36 PM
Yeah, right. I'm senile because I point out there is about 180 degree of difference between <a href="http://chiefsplanet.com">WPI</a> and the Kansas City Star. It is a whole lot easier to find differences than it is similarities. But don't let that stop your drivel.

Skip, wth has gotten into you lately?

Are you trying to alienate yourself?

Monkeylook4food
06-03-2006, 08:37 PM
Yeah, right. I'm senile because I point out there is about 180 degree of difference between <a href="http://chiefsplanet.com"><a href="http://chiefsplanet.com">WPI</a></a> and the Kansas City Star. It is a whole lot easier to find differences than it is similarities. But don't let that stop your drivel.

Whoops, I think you missed the point there. You really are losing it, Skip. You used to be much smarter. You need to go get a checkup, buddy.

go bo
06-03-2006, 08:43 PM
i got a checkup and i'm still as dumb as i was before...

4th and Long
06-03-2006, 08:44 PM
That made me laugh out loud. ROFL

Skip Towne
06-03-2006, 08:47 PM
Whoops, I think you missed the point there. You really are losing it, Skip. You used to be much smarter. You need to go get a checkup, buddy.
I get smarter every day. You are just too dull to realize it.

Monkeylook4food
06-03-2006, 08:47 PM
Yeah but Skip takes pride in not having seen a doctor in forever. If his personality is changing it could be an indicator of problems. A man his age needs to have periodic checkups. I'm seriously worried for him.

go bo
06-03-2006, 08:49 PM
Ok, there's been a lot of bullshit in this thread... but, this is just ridiculous.

On a side note, every day I laugh more at how much more pathetic Skip gets. Hey Skip, I don't think you need pot for your temporary self-induced senility anymore... it would seem you're driving full bore into the real thing. We'll be sure to put your final count of 100 post threads on your tombstone.unhhh, can i have what skip doesn't use?

Hammock Parties
06-03-2006, 08:50 PM
How exactly do I have a credibility problem in regards to the Chiefs? ROFL

All my writing has been column-style, anyway. Or research-based. I've written one web article and it was well received over here.

go bo
06-03-2006, 08:51 PM
That made me laugh out loud. ROFLyou're too easy...

Skip Towne
06-03-2006, 08:51 PM
Yeah but Skip takes pride in not having seen a doctor in forever. If his personality is changing it could be an indicator of problems. A man his age needs to have periodic checkups. I'm seriously worried for him.
If there were a problem, it would show up in my speech and my writing skills. I'm still correcting your f*ck ups so I don't see it. Remember "impliments"?

go bo
06-03-2006, 08:53 PM
How exactly do I have a credibility problem in regards to the Chiefs? ROFL

All my writing has been column-style, anyway. Or research-based. I've written one web article and it was well received over here.even though i may be too inedbriated (that doesn't look right, does it?) to remember the article, it was a fine effort and informative too...

i also think it was rather well received, but i don't quite remember...

rad
06-03-2006, 08:55 PM
I've written one web article and it was well received over here.

Hey, GoChiefs, could you post that, I missed it.

Monkeylook4food
06-03-2006, 08:56 PM
If there were a problem, it would show up in my speech and my writing skills. I'm still correcting your f*ck ups so I don't see it. Remember "impliments"?

Dude, I misspell about 30 words a year. That's probably about .001%. I found a mistake of yours a couple days ago but I didn't post about it. I'm not nearly that bored and lonely.

go bo
06-03-2006, 08:56 PM
If there were a problem, it would show up in my speech and my writing skills. I'm still correcting your f*ck ups so I don't see it. Remember "impliments"?actually, personality changes don't necessarily have anything to do with speech and writing skills, unless one becomes so depressed as to be virtually autistic or the like...

and i rather enjoyed impliments...

not quite skinbra quality, but points for originality...

rad
06-03-2006, 08:57 PM
even though i may be too inedbriated (that doesn't look right, does it?) to remember the article, it was a fine effort and informative too...

i also think it was rather well received, but i don't quite remember...
ROFL
It's "inebriated"

go bo
06-03-2006, 08:57 PM
Hey, GoChiefs, could you post that, I missed it.yeah, please...

i'd like to read it again...

go bo
06-03-2006, 08:59 PM
Dude, I misspell about 30 words a year. That's probably about .001%. I found a mistake of yours a couple days ago but I didn't post about it. I'm not nearly that bored and lonely.well shit, i'm bored and lonely when the old lady goes to bingo every friday and saturday night...

i think it's a religious kinda thing with her...

go bo
06-03-2006, 09:00 PM
ROFL
It's "inebriated"i stutter when i drink too muck...

rad
06-03-2006, 09:00 PM
i stutter when i drink too muck...
ROFL ROFL ROFL

Skip Towne
06-03-2006, 09:03 PM
Dude, I misspell about 30 words a year. That's probably about .001%. I found a mistake of yours a couple days ago but I didn't post about it. I'm not nearly that bored and lonely.
You know, I'd say something like that too if I had nothing but wanted to retaliate. Show me my mistake. I showed you yours.

Chiefnj
06-03-2006, 09:05 PM
Hey, GoChiefs, could you post that, I missed it.

Do a search of "My impressions of mini camp while slobbering over Nick and Phil's Penises."

Monkeylook4food
06-03-2006, 09:05 PM
I'd show you your mistake but I really could care less dude. It's not important that I prove you are imperfect.

stevieray
06-03-2006, 09:06 PM
You know, I'd say something like that too if I had nothing but wanted to retaliate. Show me my mistake. I showed you yours.

comma between nothing and but?

Skip Towne
06-03-2006, 09:09 PM
Nope.

go bo
06-03-2006, 09:10 PM
comma between nothing and but?nah, only old school writers still use commas in places like that, but my kids and neices and nephews all say i overuse commas and that i should leave more of them out when i post...

Skip Towne
06-03-2006, 09:11 PM
You know, I really don't like to argue but with you guys it is child's play.

go bo
06-03-2006, 09:13 PM
I'd show you your mistake but I really could care less dude. It's not important that I prove you are imperfect.wait a minute, i was just starting to get into the "i'll show you mine if you'll show me yours" routine, but then i realized it was l'll show you yours but you won't show mine...

this is all too confusing for an old goat...

oh wait, skip isn't confused...

stevieray
06-03-2006, 09:13 PM
You know, I really don't like to argue but with you guys it is child's play.

argue?

It was a question.

Bob Dole
06-03-2006, 09:15 PM
I know of at least one fabulous columnist that writes for <a href="http://chiefsplanet.com">WPI</a>.

Shameless. Absolutely shameless.

Does she fall for it?

rad
06-03-2006, 09:16 PM
Do a search of "My impressions of mini camp while slobbering over Nick and Phil's Penises."

ROFL

That's harsh

go bo
06-03-2006, 09:16 PM
argue?

It was a question.dare not question the cheerful nature of our mentor, mr. skip...

for it will lead you...

astray?

no questions please...

go bo
06-03-2006, 09:18 PM
Shameless. Absolutely shameless.

Does she fall for it?by all accounts, yes... :D :D :D

go bo
06-03-2006, 09:18 PM
i;ve got to go make another drink...

caryy on...

Bob Dole
06-03-2006, 09:21 PM
Gochiefs is a young guy. He's done some stupid stuff over the years. He's growing up. He's a talented kid. He's building a resume at Warpaint and when he's ready to move on to a well paying editor gig at a large publication I'll write him a glowing reference.... which he'll then edit to make it sound good.

He's also really good to wipe your feet on.

Skip Towne
06-03-2006, 09:21 PM
nah, only old school writers still use commas in places like that, but my kids and neices and nephews all say i overuse commas and that i should leave more of them out when i post...
I used to overuse, commas, but, I don't, anymore.

Bob Dole
06-03-2006, 09:23 PM
In parting, Bob Dole would like to share that he just pissed his full name on the driveway.

Carry on.

Skip Towne
06-03-2006, 09:23 PM
He's also really good to wipe your feet on.
HA, hahahahahahahahha. You have quite a fertile brain.

rad
06-03-2006, 09:25 PM
I used to overuse, commas, but, I don't, anymore.

Hammock Parties
06-03-2006, 09:27 PM
Here's my web article, since several adoring fans have requested it.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=138705&highlight=celebration

Bob Dole
06-03-2006, 09:28 PM
HA, hahahahahahahahha. You have quite a fertile brain.

Seriously. Bob Dole left last season's Dallas game with the soles of his shoes looking like new.

Monkeylook4food
06-03-2006, 09:28 PM
All this discussion about Warpaint and nobody has mentioned our Ty Law subforum. We rock.

Hammock Parties
06-03-2006, 09:30 PM
The funny thing about all this is I don't really like WPI's boards in the least. I rarely post over there, and most of the time it's just a copy of something I post over here.

Skip Towne
06-03-2006, 09:30 PM
Hello - commatard on the loose.,
Just one mention of tards and you magically appear. Coincidence, I think not.

|Zach|
06-03-2006, 09:32 PM
Ha.

Hammock Parties
06-03-2006, 09:35 PM
Ha.

This sentence is a fragment. It's clear why you don't write for us.

|Zach|
06-03-2006, 09:35 PM
This sentence is a fragment. It's clear why you don't write for us.
Indeed...not my department.

rad
06-03-2006, 09:38 PM
Just one mention of tards and you magically appear. Coincedence, I think not.

I've been here.

I thought it was a good time to break that out since you're the one that showed me that little trick.

stevieray
06-03-2006, 09:39 PM
Just one mention of tards and you magically appear. Coincedence, I think not.

coincedence?

Hammock Parties
Hey Skip, what the f*ck is a "Coincedence," you illiterate bastard?

Bob Dole

You do take purdy pitchers, tho.

Hammock Parties
06-03-2006, 09:40 PM
You wanna cede me a coin you old fart? Huh?

rad
06-03-2006, 09:41 PM

Must be the Olde English spelling....

|Zach|
You do take purdy pitchers, tho.
I try.

stevieray

hey zach, do you have that pic you took at open practice?

Skip Towne
06-03-2006, 09:42 PM
Look it up dipshit, it is more than one incident occuring at the same time.

Hammock Parties
06-03-2006, 09:42 PM
Zach is a great photographer. I bet Skip is still using one of these:

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/3664/antiquecamera9ki.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

|Zach|
06-03-2006, 09:43 PM
Classic.