PDA

View Full Version : PS3 vs XBOX 360

jlscorpio
06-03-2006, 06:37 AM
I heard on the radio that the PS3 will be $600 when it comes out. I can get a core 360 for $300 from Circuit City right now. My question is, will there be any actual difference in gameplay in PS3's favor?

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-03-2006, 06:53 AM
From what I have heard, no. The only real difference is that the PS3 will have a blu-ray player onboard, but that won't make any difference if you get their core system b/c it won't have an HDMI out and therefore can't utilize the technology. The PS3 will only have about a 10% improvement in rendering over the X-Box, but by the time they are both on the market, you'll be able to get a 360 with an HD-DVD attachment, hard-drive and all for less than the price of the 'premium' PS3. Plus the 360 is going to have the killer app on lockdown when Halo 3 releases. I see the PS3 as being Sony's Waterloo here in the states.

BigMeatballDave
06-03-2006, 10:37 AM
You can get a 360 and a Wii for the price of a PS3...

Bowser
06-03-2006, 12:50 PM
I'm going to have to suck it up and get a 360.

Spicy McHaggis
06-03-2006, 01:03 PM
I heard on the radio that the PS3 will be $600 when it comes out. I can get a core 360 for $300 from Circuit City right now. My question is, will there be any actual difference in gameplay in PS3's favor?

I probably wouldn't get the core system. I'd get the loaded one with the Hard Drive/wireless controller/HDTV cable/Xbox Live headset. It's $100 dollars over the core system but I think it is more than worth it.

KcMizzou
06-03-2006, 01:04 PM
I'm going to have to suck it up and get a 360.Same here. I'd have gone with the PS3, but it's not worth waiting, and paying double.

CHIEF4EVER
06-03-2006, 01:20 PM
I probably wouldn't get the core system. I'd get the loaded one with the Hard Drive/wireless controller/HDTV cable/Xbox Live headset. It's $100 dollars over the core system but I think it is more than worth it.

That's what I got (primo version) and it is easily worth the extra expense.

Sure-Oz
06-03-2006, 02:17 PM
$600 for a game system, unreal!

jlscorpio
06-03-2006, 02:23 PM
If I'm only using it for gaming, not on a HDTV, not using XBox Live would it still be worth it? Can I still save seasons on the core system? Do they still use memory cards, or is it just the hard drive?

Mr. Flopnuts
06-03-2006, 02:54 PM
I have been waiting patiently for the PS3 but now that I know what the price will be, it's time to go get the premium 360 package.

Fezzic
06-03-2006, 11:32 PM
I tried VERY hard to be an xbox 360 fanboy...camped out to get mine, got all the toys with it, and I was happy for the first few months. The shine starts coming off once you realize that there are NO "next-gen" games out for the system yet.

The sports games (especially those from EA) are just crappy versions of the PS2 and xbox games, and they cost $60 each. Madden for the 360 was the worst version of Madden I've played in 10 years. 2K sports has had some MAJOR issues with live patches (spend a couple of days browsing their forums about the patch that made college hoops 2k6 completely unplayable for over a FREAKING MONTH unless you formatted your hard drive, lost all saves for all other games as well, and didn't go online). Tiger Woods golf had, what, 4 courses on it? About 1/7th of the PS2 version?

Some of the graphics are nice, but the gameplay of the games that came out with the 360 has been largely shit. Don't even get me started on Oblivion. "LOADING" every time you walk across 10 feet of open space and nasty lag really distract from the gameplay. I got so annoyed that I loaded it up on a laptop that is a year old, and it's a much better experience.

Also, after dropping $400 for the console about $300-400 in accessories and $60 per game, THEY HAVE THE BALLS TO WANT TO CHARGE ME "microcharges" TO DOWNLOAD ANYTHING OFF OF XBOX LIVE! Want a background/skin for the game you just bought? That'll be 60 points! Seriously, get your hands out of my wallet.

Have fun streaming video to it as well....one of the features I was excited about, to the point that I went out and got a wireless A router setup going, and after getting everything set up on my windows XP pro desktop was told that you can only stream audio and pictures from XP pro. To stream video, you have to be running Media Center edition. So I buy that, format my desktop and get everything set up, and it still can't play any .avi or .mpeg videos I have ripped......some reading on forums gave me a utility to convert each video to a special format that the damn thing could recognize, which ended up taking up tons of hard drive space.

I realize this has been a long rambling rant about the 360, but I just got so sick of the problems I had with it, the game crashing glitches, the shitty gameplay, the nickel and diming by Microsoft for downloads, and I finally just ebayed it.

If you're considering picking one up, go out and read some information from the people that have had one and been burned by it. Also, to get a set up worth it at all, you'll spend what you would on the PS3.

One last thing: probably my biggest problem with the 360 (and positive about the PS3) is the fact that Microsoft made a REALLY stupid move by making a system without a hard drive to reach a slightly lower price point, and then forcing game developers to code the games to support the system without the hard drive. The end result is that even if you DO have a hard drive on yours, the games don't use it efficiently to improve performance. You end up with games like Oblivion that aren't even supposed to be pushing the hardware yet running like garbage in intense situations, and terrible loading messages popping up CONSTANTLY as you run around the world.

The PS3, to contrast, will have a hard drive on each system (you just get a bigger one on the higher priced system). Game devs are able to do wonderful things with performance by not being forced to be able to run their game on a system without a hard drive.

It's hard to wait, but the reputation of the company makes me comfortable that I'll have a much better product when I pick up my PS3 in November.

QuikSsurfer
06-04-2006, 01:17 AM
picked up my 360 about 2 weeks ago and am very pleased. i've owned alot of consoles over the years but the 360 just does it for me. i am, however, very anxious for some new games to hit the shelves.. oblivion has pretty much sucked up all of my free time.
the controller is the best feeling gamepad since the sega saturn's, IMO.
i owned an xbox up until half-life 2 came out - my harddrive died and i traded it in to ebgames.. i have plenty of reasons to hate microsoft (i'm an apple user) and boycott their products but.. i have to go play fightnight round 3 on xbox live. :)

where's the poll??

KcMizzou
06-04-2006, 03:00 AM
Fezzic's post makes it sounds like they rushed things. Not the first time I've heard that. The common complaint seems to be about missing features on established franchises.

HC_Chief
06-04-2006, 08:56 AM
I planned on getting a PS3 until I read the prices & specs comparison. Xbox 360 is the better choice IMO.

I recently picked up a Premium360 system...it's awesome! :)

EA's Fight Night 3 has consumed my life

jlscorpio
06-04-2006, 09:42 AM
Is it conceivable that the Playstation dynasty is on shaky ground once the PS3 launches in the U.S.???

Demonpenz
06-04-2006, 10:23 AM
fight night looks awesome. I really want a 360 but i haven't even played all the games i want too for xbox or even game cube. I guess I will wait but i will get entertainment listening to the stories. Rainbow 6 vegas and ghost recon make me want to buy the thing

TRR
06-04-2006, 10:37 AM
I played the 360 last night for the first time, and I thought it sucked. I am a PS fan, I won't deny it, but I just hate the XBOX controls, the game kept freezing, the wireless controllers kept running out of power, the Madden was horrible.

Just not impressed with the 360.

morphius
06-04-2006, 11:35 AM
Is it conceivable that the Playstation dynasty is on shaky ground once the PS3 launches in the U.S.???
Its hard to say really, but I doubt that $600 will last for too long. Some people blasted MS for not having a higher price on their release on the 360 since there was such limited supply and then you can get the people willing to pay the high price for the chance to own it early. Heck, I seem to remember the 360 going for more then $600 on ebay.

Its really hard to say how long the price will stay up there, it could be that much for 6 months and then drop.

I'm not a huge fan of either, but the fact that the PS3 will actually play PS2 games and that they worried about backward compatibility, where MS found it near impossible to do that for more then just a handful of games.

NJ Chief Fan
06-04-2006, 01:24 PM
how could anyone have this discussion with out even playing ps3...if im correct it doesnt come out till november...im gonna wait and see what people say bout ps3 before i make any kind of purchase...plus im not sure if coughin up that kind of cash for either system is really worth it...madden has sucked since ray ray was on the cover and madden was the only reason why i ever baught a ps2 in the first place and once i got the one with ray ray on the cover i sold it cause that game sucked complete ass

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-04-2006, 02:17 PM
how could anyone have this discussion with out even playing ps3...if im correct it doesnt come out till november...im gonna wait and see what people say bout ps3 before i make any kind of purchase...plus im not sure if coughin up that kind of cash for either system is really worth it...madden has sucked since ray ray was on the cover and madden was the only reason why i ever baught a ps2 in the first place and once i got the one with ray ray on the cover i sold it cause that game sucked complete ass

E3

recxjake
06-04-2006, 02:25 PM
i got a 360.... i love it

Valiant
06-04-2006, 05:12 PM
If I'm only using it for gaming, not on a HDTV, not using XBox Live would it still be worth it? Can I still save seasons on the core system? Do they still use memory cards, or is it just the hard drive?

If you want to play old xbox games you have to get the Hard Drive as it works at the emulator... There are adapters you can get to transfer over your seasons from xbox to 360...

But take this into account

the 360 comes with"

wireless controller
hard drive
hd cables
remote

the core comes with

wired controller
s video cable

the cost alone between the accessories is almost double the 100 difference.. If you think you might want to play xbox on your 360 or save games you might as well pony up.. If not you will have to buy a core and then a memory card which is 20 bucks i believe...

Valiant
06-04-2006, 05:16 PM
E3

Which unfortuantly will change ten times just like before on there last two systems.. You can never trust sony until it is actually on the shelves...

Valiant
06-04-2006, 05:19 PM
Its hard to say really, but I doubt that $600 will last for too long. Some people blasted MS for not having a higher price on their release on the 360 since there was such limited supply and then you can get the people willing to pay the high price for the chance to own it early. Heck, I seem to remember the 360 going for more then $600 on ebay.

Its really hard to say how long the price will stay up there, it could be that much for 6 months and then drop.

I'm not a huge fan of either, but the fact that the PS3 will actually play PS2 games and that they worried about backward compatibility, where MS found it near impossible to do that for more then just a handful of games.

Almost all of MS popular games that people actively play are backwards compatable if there is not a 360 version... So not sure why you keep saying that unless you happen to like a game no one else did...

As for the price, if Sony is already losing their ass on the price why would they drop it so quickly??? Look how long it took for the ps2 to drop...

Valiant
06-04-2006, 05:36 PM
I tried VERY hard to be an xbox 360 fanboy...camped out to get mine, got all the toys with it, and I was happy for the first few months. The shine starts coming off once you realize that there are NO "next-gen" games out for the system yet.

Fansboys should have known this before hand, hell that is what everybody was talking about, no killer game until the ps3 launches from MS

The sports games (especially those from EA) are just crappy versions of the PS2 and xbox games, and they cost $60 each. Madden for the 360 was the worst version of Madden I've played in 10 years. 2K sports has had some MAJOR issues with live patches (spend a couple of days browsing their forums about the patch that made college hoops 2k6 completely unplayable for over a FREAKING MONTH unless you formatted your hard drive, lost all saves for all other games as well, and didn't go online). Tiger Woods golf had, what, 4 courses on it? About 1/7th of the PS2 version?

No argument here except for Tiger, and 60 bucks is going to be the price for all games until they have been out for 6 months... you can now pick up madden for 30 brand new..

Some of the graphics are nice, but the gameplay of the games that came out with the 360 has been largely shit. Don't even get me started on Oblivion. "LOADING" every time you walk across 10 feet of open space and nasty lag really distract from the gameplay. I got so annoyed that I loaded it up on a laptop that is a year old, and it's a much better experience.

the long load times on oblivion are still shorter then ps2 load times and that is because it loads a large portion of the map... As for the lag from walking, I have never experianced it on my system your 360 might be broken...

Also, after dropping $400 for the console about $300-400 in accessories and $60 per game, THEY HAVE THE BALLS TO WANT TO CHARGE ME "microcharges" TO DOWNLOAD ANYTHING OFF OF XBOX LIVE! Want a background/skin for the game you just bought? That'll be 60 points! Seriously, get your hands out of my wallet.

its the future, all systems including wii are going to charge for a large portion on content.. Pretty much a nonpoint if you are going to compare this feature to the other systems...

Have fun streaming video to it as well....one of the features I was excited about, to the point that I went out and got a wireless A router setup going, and after getting everything set up on my windows XP pro desktop was told that you can only stream audio and pictures from XP pro. To stream video, you have to be running Media Center edition. So I buy that, format my desktop and get everything set up, and it still can't play any .avi or .mpeg videos I have ripped......some reading on forums gave me a utility to convert each video to a special format that the damn thing could recognize, which ended up taking up tons of hard drive space.

never tried, never will.. I certianly would not have went out and spent money on a new OS just for that feature either...

I realize this has been a long rambling rant about the 360, but I just got so sick of the problems I had with it, the game crashing glitches, the shitty gameplay, the nickel and diming by Microsoft for downloads, and I finally just ebayed it.

I think your experiance has been the exception not the norm...

If you're considering picking one up, go out and read some information from the people that have had one and been burned by it. Also, to get a set up worth it at all, you'll spend what you would on the PS3.

So if you want a PS3 worth it all you will need to spend 900$...

One last thing: probably my biggest problem with the 360 (and positive about the PS3) is the fact that Microsoft made a REALLY stupid move by making a system without a hard drive to reach a slightly lower price point, and then forcing game developers to code the games to support the system without the hard drive. The end result is that even if you DO have a hard drive on yours, the games don't use it efficiently to improve performance. You end up with games like Oblivion that aren't even supposed to be pushing the hardware yet running like garbage in intense situations, and terrible loading messages popping up CONSTANTLY as you run around the world.

what are you talking about??? The sole purpose of the harddrive besides music and movies and downloadable content is to save games and play original xbox games.. All new games outside of saves do not need a hard drive, and if you want to save you can just go buy a memory card...

I have never and a majority of the people have never had these loading problems like you, so quit trying to act like that is normal occurance...

The PS3, to contrast, will have a hard drive on each system (you just get a bigger one on the higher priced system). Game devs are able to do wonderful things with performance by not being forced to be able to run their game on a system without a hard drive.

You will not even know what game devs will actually be able to do... Most systems do not hit the peak on games for 3 years on performance and getting the most out of the system... Look how much was promised for the PS2 that they did not or could not deliver... Why are you not villianizing PS3 for handicaping their core system on HDMI hookups???

It's hard to wait, but the reputation of the company makes me comfortable that I'll have a much better product when I pick up my PS3 in November.

I guess you forget all the problems and recalls of the PS2... The fact that their stock has been taking huge hits even before the loss of money they will get hit with from the PS3, they are making the PS3 for the sole purpose of selling accessories, hopefully you do noot feel different when forking out all of that money...

End note the only console that backs up everything on quality and assurance is Nintendo, not MS or Sony... And you will be able to buy both a Wii and 360 for the same price as one ps3...

morphius
06-04-2006, 06:10 PM
Almost all of MS popular games that people actively play are backwards compatable if there is not a 360 version... So not sure why you keep saying that unless you happen to like a game no one else did...

As for the price, if Sony is already losing their ass on the price why would they drop it so quickly??? Look how long it took for the ps2 to drop...
I just know when it came out it was only a small handful of games. I see they have added a chunk to their list.

I don't own either console, but I think it says something that Sony does make it a prioirty before release for their non-internet customers...

icepick64
06-04-2006, 07:08 PM
I know when the last batch of consoles came out, I got the ps2 because it was first. Then got the Gamecube beacause it was cheap. Finally I ended trading in my broke ps2 for an xbox, which I sticked with. To me I like how the xbox has more adult orientated games, like the pc. I am sure I am going to do the same thing with this batch of consoles, but I am still pissed at sony for my playstation 2 breaking down like a piece of crap. :mad:

listopencil
06-04-2006, 08:03 PM
I have a PS2 and an XBOX. The XBOX seems to be a little better overall but I like that you don't have to pay to go online with PS2. I bought both because the prices for consoles, games and accessories has dropped dramatically with the new systems coming out. So please...keep shelling out several hundreds of dollars a pop for leading edge game technology. That lets cheap bastards like me upgrade.

morphius
06-04-2006, 10:14 PM
I have a PS2 and an XBOX. The XBOX seems to be a little better overall but I like that you don't have to pay to go online with PS2. I bought both because the prices for consoles, games and accessories has dropped dramatically with the new systems coming out. So please...keep shelling out several hundreds of dollars a pop for leading edge game technology. That lets cheap bastards like me upgrade.
That is something I had wondered about. Is playing games and the like on the Interenet free on the Sony? If that is true that should be a big, I hate having extra monthly fees.

Valiant
06-05-2006, 12:11 AM
That is something I had wondered about. Is playing games and the like on the Interenet free on the Sony? If that is true that should be a big, I hate having extra monthly fees.

It is not definent yet for PS3, but they are suppose to follow xbox lives route and so is the wii....

It is not bad, xbox live is cheap if you buy it in the year pack for 40-60 dollars if you find it on sale.. Which is what they want you to do because it is outrageously expensive if you buy it in month packs...

People knock xbox live for charging to play online and also for extra content, but it is the wave of the consoles... The Wii is going to charge also for game downloads and emulator games...

Pants
06-05-2006, 04:13 AM

XBL > Sonly Online.

Is paying $5 a month worth it? Up to you to decide.

morphius
06-05-2006, 07:55 AM
It is not definent yet for PS3, but they are suppose to follow xbox lives route and so is the wii....

It is not bad, xbox live is cheap if you buy it in the year pack for 40-60 dollars if you find it on sale.. Which is what they want you to do because it is outrageously expensive if you buy it in month packs...

People knock xbox live for charging to play online and also for extra content, but it is the wave of the consoles... The Wii is going to charge also for game downloads and emulator games...
I understand why they do it, and it makes up a lot for what they lose on the cost of each console as well. I just hate the nickle and diming of people, which isn't a console thing to me as much as a general rule.

I just enjoy the simplicity of the PC games, can fire up a server and have your friend connect to you for nothing more then the cost of your internet connection and the game. I know MMOG(?) are the big thing in the PC world, and I hate the nickle and diming there as well.

morphius
obviously getting old

htismaqe
06-05-2006, 08:03 AM
XBox 360 = exists

PS3 = doesn't exist

Ask this question again when you can actually compare the 360 to something...

htismaqe
06-05-2006, 08:07 AM

This happens with every launch. It happened with the PS2.

I ALWAYS wait 6 months to buy a new system.

BigMeatballDave
06-05-2006, 08:59 AM
This happens with every launch. It happened with the PS2.

I ALWAYS wait 6 months to buy a new system.I agree. However, this year, my son wants the new Nintendo. I'm gonna bite the bullet...

HC_Chief
06-05-2006, 10:32 AM
I played a bit of the "new" Tony Hawk Pro Skater for the 360 yesterday... it's okay, but does not take full advantage of the graphics engine like FN3, Hitman or GRAW.

FTR, EA's Fight Night 3 (FN3) is the SHIT! I am so addicted to that game it's not even funny. I wasted an entire weekend in career mode. It's funny, I still think EA puts "cheats" in to their games. If you get too good, they cheat your ass to put you back in your place. That's what happened to my career fighter: I'm 30-3, 30 KOs. The 3 losses were utter BS. First one was against a fighter with far lower stats, but we fast and more powerful thru the entire fight (all three rounds 'til I got KO'd). I would land power shots and the dude wasn't even phased. The scond loss was for a title. I beat the living shit out of my opponent, put him on the canvas at least once per round, but the REF called the fight due to a cut on MY fighter?! The reaction on my fighter's face was priceless... worth the loss, actually. I swear he mouthed "WTF? BULLSH*T!" :D The last loss was my first lightheavyweight title defense against a dude I had wailed on three times previously. This time I beat his ass constantly, but he somehow kept recovering from a stagger to land 3 or 4 powershots. Funny, no one else has ever done that... my fighter certainly cannot do that; and my fighter had better stats AND equipment. Thus, I think there are just some fights you are "meant" to lose.

Overall, this game is digital crack! I recommend anyone w/ a 360 to d/l the demo and try it out. It's incredibly fun :)

KCTitus
06-05-2006, 12:43 PM
The choice is pretty simple, Ive got too much invested in the Playstation series. All of my current games will be playable on the next gen console and quite frankly that's the biggest selling point for me.

I wont invest in the PS3 right off the bat, I made that mistake with the PS2 and wound up having to buy a second one a couple of years later. So all in all, I invested 600 in the PS2 (2 consoles @ 300), so the 600 price tag for the 3 doesnt make me flinch.

Im happy with the 2, as are my boys, so Im under no pressure to move up...yet.

Lzen
06-05-2006, 01:01 PM
Backward compatability was a selling point for me when the PS2 came out. However, I don't find myself ever playing old PS1 games on the PS2. So, it's not really a big deal to me this time around. Heh, I figure if I really want to play an old PS2 game, I'll just play it on the old PS2. Just because I'll probably be getting an Xbox 360 doesn't mean that I'll throw out the ole PS2. ;)

JBucc
06-05-2006, 01:16 PM
Backward compatability used to matter to me but it doesn't anymore. It's hard to go back to say PS1 after playing PS2 graphics for a while. I ended up selling most of my PS1 games at a garage sale. It means even less when it comes to the 360 since I don't have an Xbox.

htismaqe
06-05-2006, 01:17 PM
Since I'm on a game "leasing" program, backward compatibility to me is worthless...

Lzen
06-05-2006, 01:22 PM
Since I'm on a game "leasing" program, backward compatibility to me is worthless...

What's that? Gamefly or something like that?

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-05-2006, 10:44 PM
The choice is pretty simple, Ive got too much invested in the Playstation series. All of my current games will be playable on the next gen console and quite frankly that's the biggest selling point for me.

I wont invest in the PS3 right off the bat, I made that mistake with the PS2 and wound up having to buy a second one a couple of years later. So all in all, I invested 600 in the PS2 (2 consoles @ 300), so the 600 price tag for the 3 doesnt make me flinch.

Im happy with the 2, as are my boys, so Im under no pressure to move up...yet.

No one's saying you have to get rid of your PS2 if you get a 360. Just hook it up to a different video input, or if you don't have one, invest in an a/v splitter. Then you can get the system you really want instead of buying an overrated console for the 'legacy' of it.

htismaqe
06-05-2006, 10:47 PM
What's that? Gamefly or something like that?

No, I only play one game at a time (OCD :D). So I buy the game and when I'm done, I trade it in for credit on a new game.

listopencil
06-06-2006, 09:37 PM

I've recently found XBOX Connect that allows you to go online with your XBOX without using a pay service. I still haven't tried it but I recall someone on here has and said it works fine. I imagine something similar will come out for the newer systems, I don't know.

Valiant
06-07-2006, 06:40 AM
I agree. However, this year, my son wants the new Nintendo. I'm gonna bite the bullet...

I do not believe Nintendo has every had a bad system upon release.. There is always a first, but they are usually solid..

Valiant
06-07-2006, 06:45 AM
Backward compatability used to matter to me but it doesn't anymore. It's hard to go back to say PS1 after playing PS2 graphics for a while. I ended up selling most of my PS1 games at a garage sale. It means even less when it comes to the 360 since I don't have an Xbox.

In our house we have 2 360's, 3 xbox's, 2 ps2's and one gamecube... NOt counting our computers and washer pits and my old nintendo, 64 and atari 2600..

Valiant
06-07-2006, 06:46 AM
I've recently found XBOX Connect that allows you to go online with your XBOX without using a pay service. I still haven't tried it but I recall someone on here has and said it works fine. I imagine something similar will come out for the newer systems, I don't know.

Yeah we used to use that all the time before they came out with live to play halo.. IT has gotten better every year...

htismaqe
06-07-2006, 08:46 AM
I played a bit of the "new" Tony Hawk Pro Skater for the 360 yesterday... it's okay, but does not take full advantage of the graphics engine like FN3, Hitman or GRAW.

FTR, EA's Fight Night 3 (FN3) is the SHIT! I am so addicted to that game it's not even funny. I wasted an entire weekend in career mode. It's funny, I still think EA puts "cheats" in to their games. If you get too good, they cheat your ass to put you back in your place. That's what happened to my career fighter: I'm 30-3, 30 KOs. The 3 losses were utter BS. First one was against a fighter with far lower stats, but we fast and more powerful thru the entire fight (all three rounds 'til I got KO'd). I would land power shots and the dude wasn't even phased. The scond loss was for a title. I beat the living shit out of my opponent, put him on the canvas at least once per round, but the REF called the fight due to a cut on MY fighter?! The reaction on my fighter's face was priceless... worth the loss, actually. I swear he mouthed "WTF? BULLSH*T!" :D The last loss was my first lightheavyweight title defense against a dude I had wailed on three times previously. This time I beat his ass constantly, but he somehow kept recovering from a stagger to land 3 or 4 powershots. Funny, no one else has ever done that... my fighter certainly cannot do that; and my fighter had better stats AND equipment. Thus, I think there are just some fights you are "meant" to lose.

Overall, this game is digital crack! I recommend anyone w/ a 360 to d/l the demo and try it out. It's incredibly fun :)

You've talked me into it. I'm buying FN3 on Saturday.

HC_Chief
06-07-2006, 08:55 AM

Warn your loved-ones... you'll be parked on your ass in front of the television for a while :D

I recently played a bit of the ESPN Classic mode, which is pretty damn cool. You can fight as a superstar in one of the all-time classics. Example: I beat the piss out of Ali as Joe Frazier and obliterated Leonard as Haggler.

Career mode is still the shizzie. One of the coolest things about building your own fighter is the amount of modifications and detail you can put into your fighter's appearance. Then you have training sessions to build up your stats between fights.... you can concentrate on power, or speed, or stamina, etc. You can change stances & styles. You can purchase gear to improve your stats. You can also purchase power shots, taken from superstar fighters - I use Ali's power right cross. It's devastating and lands fast (very important!).

QuikSsurfer
06-07-2006, 10:57 AM
wise choice.. this game is fantastic. this is the only 360 game i play on a regular basis, aside from oblivion :)

Spicy McHaggis
06-07-2006, 03:25 PM
wise choice.. this game is fantastic. this is the only 360 game i play on a regular basis, aside from oblivion :)

I really like the fact they got rid of the HUD. Seeing visual signs on your fighter and opponent of fatigue and injury and playing off that makes the game much more immersive.