PDA

View Full Version : My starting lineup for the rest of the season....

58Forever
11-27-2000, 12:37 PM
Todd Collins at QB...let's see if he has the balls.

Cloud and Moreau at RB...if they can't cut it...cut them....

Lockett and Parker at wideouts...why risk getting Morris and Alexander hurt...besides...these guys need the time...

Drayton and Dunn sharing time at TE...

Am I saying tank the rest of the season? No.

Am I saying that we are out of the playoffs even though we are not mathmatically eliminated? Yes.

------------------
joe

"The word "genius" isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."
-Joe Theisman, NFL football quarterback and sports analyst

Lightning Rod
11-27-2000, 12:51 PM
Yup,
Works for me.
Not sure about the TE WR part. Might want to rotate them in and out WRBC?

Cormac
11-27-2000, 02:28 PM
joe,

I don't think it's fair to sit guys like DA, Elvis and Gonzo on the bench just because the rest of the team sucks. All 3 could/should be in the pro-bowl, and they deserve their chance to continue to show what they can do, despite the ******* :mad: :mad: ******* coaches they have to play for. Morris has a long way to go IMO. He's good already, but there is a lot he could improve on. I don't think it benefits anybody to sit him out right now when he could be learning on the job. I agree, that we need to evaluate Parker and Ricks for sure, but we should just work them into the line-up, throw each of them 4-5 balls a game. Unfortunately Lockett will probably be gone, unless a new coach with some brains decides he's worth keeping if the price is right. I bet he ends up in Denver :(

I do agree that we finally need to get Cloud and Moreau in the games (and only one of them per game!), but we both know that'll NEVER happen.

Other guys I'd like to see more of:

Bartee (should start)
Atkins
Stills
Alford
Todd Collins (maybe for the second half of upcoming blowout losses! ;))

58Forever
11-27-2000, 02:36 PM
cormac,

I agree with Morris, he does have a lot to learn...

And of course DA, EG and TG should be allowed to get to the pro-bowl...now, personaly glory is all we have to play for...

Most of what I say was a bit sarcastic because I'm so pissed off..but Collins should be given at least a quarters worth of work the rest of the way...

And Cloud should start and be given the ball 30 times the next two games...Moreau the last two...

------------------
joe

"The word "genius" isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."
-Joe Theisman, NFL football quarterback and sports analyst

Cormac
11-27-2000, 02:40 PM
I guess I took you too literally :)

Anyway, I agree with your last comments. It sounds like we're back at pre-season really doesn't it http://www.chiefsplanet.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif

58Forever
11-27-2000, 03:04 PM
Pre-season...that is sad... :(

I'm more depressed now...but you know what...on the bright side...if they play some of these guys...we won't have to waste pre-season evaluating them...so this could be a good thing...then again...at this point I'll take any positive outlook...

svuba
11-27-2000, 06:10 PM
I want to see the Chiefs loose close games to Denver, New England, Carolina and Atlanta, that way we can get a top 10 Draft pick. If the Chiefs Manage to win the rest of their games, and finish 9-7, they will get a crappy Draft pick, with much less chance to get an impact player.
It sucks, but like it or not the OFF-SEASON has already started for the chiefs. they need to evlaualte talent these last 4 games, and draft some more impact players.

Nelson Muntz
11-27-2000, 06:32 PM
my lineup changes would be gunther, peterson, stock, raye, schottenheimer, and shaw as o linemen......lol
that would be funny as hell to see

------------------
~R.I.P. Tupac Shakur~