PDA

View Full Version : Pujols may be done for the season

Demonpenz
06-03-2006, 05:36 PM
ST. LOUIS -- Cardinals first baseman Albert Pujols was removed from Saturday's game against the Chicago Cubs after two innings after straining his right oblique muscle while chasing a foul popup.

Pujols, who leads the major leagues with 25 home runs and 65 RBI, pulled up and grabbed his right side on Aramis Ramirez' foul ball with one out in the second. He finished the inning after consulting with a team trainer and manager Tony La Russa but was replaced in the third.

John Rodriguez moved into the third slot, playing left field, and Hector Luna moved from left field to first base.

The Cardinals said Pujols would be re-examined Sunday.

Pujols has struck out in four of his last seven at-bats after fanning in the first against Glendon Rusch. Before Friday, he had struck out 16 times in 177 at-bats.

tk13
06-03-2006, 05:40 PM
They've just fallen apart this week. Pujols hurt, Carpenter hurt.. although he's coming back. Edmonds can't stay healthy. Rolen made a couple really costly errors, which never happens. Mulder's been totally shelled twice. It's almost like they've stolen some of the Royals luck.

Eleazar
06-03-2006, 05:41 PM
Uh.

JBucc
06-03-2006, 05:41 PM
I don't see where it even mentions how long he'll be out much less that he could miss the whole season. It may be some sort of joke, I'm not really sure.

tk13
06-03-2006, 05:45 PM
I think he'll miss some time... although he plays through pain pretty well. He said he heard a "pop", then came out of the game. I think he was already kinda hurting anyway. He struck out 3 times last night, and in his first AB today. That was like 20% of his season total strikeouts in the last two days, he just didn't look right up there.

noa
06-03-2006, 05:49 PM
That would be a damn shame. He's great to watch and if he misses the rest of the season, it just means that even more media time will be devoted to barry bonds and his chase for aaron's home run record. i can appreciate barry bonds, and i know he'd be a hall of famer even if he never did steroids, but i'm sick to death of hearing about his stupid home run chase every day.

Thig Lyfe
06-03-2006, 05:55 PM
There goes breaking Bonds' single season record, I suppose. I'd really like somebody to do it legitimately. Anybody. Just to have Bonds' name off the top.

Reaper16
06-03-2006, 06:05 PM
The Cards might not make the playoffs without that bat in the lineup. And as much as I'd love to see that happen, I hate to see anything like that happen to Albert. Class guy.

jspchief
06-03-2006, 06:05 PM
He stops using the roids, and starts breaking down.

Oh, and Cubs fans are getting their brooms out.

Calcountry
06-03-2006, 06:07 PM
funny, a whole lot of people have been pulling oblique muscles lately.

Seems to be a chique injury these days. just kidding. I hope the dude gets healthy soon.

tommykat
06-03-2006, 06:41 PM
http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/stories.nsf/cardinals/story/90B5C720EA58F00A86257182007FEBF4?OpenDocument

Read for yourself.....I see him back...:D (Glass is full)! ;)

hypersensitiveZO6
06-03-2006, 06:47 PM
That sucks. Sorry for the Cards.

Sure-Oz
06-03-2006, 07:01 PM
Pujols goes down the cards are in some major trouble....i hope he can come back, he is a great player.

ChiefsCountry
06-03-2006, 07:37 PM
Cards are in major trouble without Pujols. They looked alot like the Royals today. I love Pujols but I would love to see Cardinals fans know how it feels to lose for awhile.

Sure-Oz
06-03-2006, 07:48 PM
Cards are in major trouble without Pujols. They looked alot like the Royals today. I love Pujols but I would love to see Cardinals fans know how it feels to lose for awhile.
I wouldn't mind them feeling some of our misery for sure....I would hate Pujols though to all the sudden become a Sweeney and be broke all the time, he is an incredible player.

ChiefsCountry
06-03-2006, 07:50 PM
I wouldn't mind them feeling some of our misery for sure....I would hate Pujols though to all the sudden become a Sweeney and be broke all the time, he is an incredible player.

Exactly I love watching Pujols and I like Eckstein alot too. Its just their fan base as gotten to attached to winning and they think its a god send that the Cardinals are good. Glad I moved to KC for the summer, beats living in Springfield and hearing about them all the time.

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-03-2006, 08:51 PM
If Pujols misses a lot of time we will be in deep, deep shit. Our lineup has been mediocre this year without him as Rolen has underwhelmed and Edmonds is showing severe signs of age. I think that this is at most a two-week injury though. In the long run, it may be better for us if we can play .500 ball through it, since it will give Albert time to rest seeing as he played in the WBC. Hopefully Jocketty makes a move for an outfielder soon, because Bigbie/J-Rod/Taguchi/Encarnacion/Edomonds just isn't good enough for us to win it all.

Moooo
06-03-2006, 08:55 PM
I think it all comes down to whether or not you trust Cincy to stay going at the same rate. I don't, but I also see the Stros actually winning the NL Central (If Clemens does what he did last year, at least).

One things for sure, the wild card in the NL will be hotly contested.

Moooo

Saulbadguy
06-03-2006, 09:02 PM
Hahaha. Awesome.

tk13
06-03-2006, 09:12 PM
If Pujols misses a lot of time we will be in deep, deep shit. Our lineup has been mediocre this year without him as Rolen has underwhelmed and Edmonds is showing severe signs of age. I think that this is at most a two-week injury though. In the long run, it may be better for us if we can play .500 ball through it, since it will give Albert time to rest seeing as he played in the WBC. Hopefully Jocketty makes a move for an outfielder soon, because Bigbie/J-Rod/Taguchi/Encarnacion/Edomonds just isn't good enough for us to win it all.
According to Bernie Miklasz of the Post-Dispatch, LaRussa told him he'd buy him dinner if he was only out for two weeks. Considering the type of injury they'll probably be super careful with it, the last thing you want to do is turn him into Mike Sweeney.

Sure-Oz
06-03-2006, 09:48 PM
Wonder if they'd want Reggie Sanders back?

ChiefsCountry
06-03-2006, 09:54 PM
Wonder if they'd want Reggie Sanders back?

Or Gruz?

With Pujols and Edmonds out the Cards lineup isnt that much better than ours excluding Rolen.

Sure-Oz
06-03-2006, 09:56 PM
Or Gruz?

With Pujols and Edmonds out the Cards lineup isnt that much better than ours excluding Rolen.
I really hope we trade those 2 and get something in return, Grudz has the greatest value so far, he has played solid at 2b and hitting .312 or so. Reggie I think can play more but it seems we keep benching him every other day. btw-royals are getting owned 11-1, Sexson came in just batting over .200 and now has 2 HR's and 5 rbi in the game so far.....only the royals!

Pitt Gorilla
06-03-2006, 09:57 PM
The Cards ARE Pujols. Without him, I think they're in a heap of trouble. He has accounted for something like 46% of the team's homeruns.

Pitt Gorilla
06-03-2006, 09:58 PM
I really hope we trade those 2 and get something in return, Grudz has the greatest value so far, he has played solid at 2b and hitting .312 or so. Reggie I think can play more but it seems we keep benching him every other day. btw-royals are getting owned 11-1, Sexson came in just batting over .200 and now has 2 HR's and 5 rbi in the game so far.....only the royals!Wainright (sp?) and a bat.

tk13
06-03-2006, 10:03 PM
Ideally we'd have trade bait but the problem with our guys is that Grudz and Sanders just left St. Louis. They would look completely stupid for them to trade for somebody they just let walk in FA. At least giving up anything of value. Jocketty's not that stupid. I don't think.

Miles
06-04-2006, 01:35 AM
Ideally we'd have trade bait but the problem with our guys is that Grudz and Sanders just left St. Louis. They would look completely stupid for them to trade for somebody they just let walk in FA. At least giving up anything of value. Jocketty's not that stupid. I don't think.

Especially when you consider KC paid a decent amount more than the Cards were willing to.

Miles
06-04-2006, 01:37 AM
Just found this bit on rotowire:

Jun 3 Pujols left Saturday's game against the Cubs after the second inning with a right oblique strain.

Recommendation: Pujols appeared hurt himself attempting to catch a foul ball in the top of the second inning. We'll monitor his status for more information, as he will be re-evaluated on Sunday. Typically, an oblique strain will keep a player out for about six weeks.

Chief Henry
06-04-2006, 05:13 AM
Pujols goes down the cards are in some major trouble....i hope he can come back, he is a great player.
The Cards are in trouble even with Pujols in the lineup.

Age and nagging health concerns have crept up on Edmonds.
W/O his bat in the lineup, the Cards offense is soft. Once you get past
Pujols and Rolen, no body in that line up scares me at all.
Encarnarcion is only batting 240ish.

The Cards need more pop in the lineup.

StcChief
06-04-2006, 06:18 AM
Albert will be back. DL likely....All star break.
My concern is Mulder. maybe he's going thru rough time...

Frazod
06-04-2006, 10:16 AM
Albert will be back. DL likely....All star break.
My concern is Mulder. maybe he's going thru rough time...

Mulder is an overrated piece of shit. I screamed bloody murder when we traded Haren away to get him. Haren was the ONLY Cardinals pitcher who didn't suck during the '04 World Series. A rookie demonstrating that level of composure was truly amazing. I still can't believe they did that.

Another overrated piece of shit is Isringhausen. I can't remember the last time I watched the guy pitch a 1-2-3 inning. He generally puts at least two men on, maybe gives up a run, and then gets bailed out by a great defensive play behind him. Every time he steps to the mound I get that 2004 Chiefs Defense knot in my stomach. Everybody ripped on Rolen for his Bucknerish play in the 9th Friday night, but those runners never should have been on base in the first place. Isringhausen has serious speed and location issues, has had them since last season, and the horseshoe he has up his ass for luck seems to be out of juice. We let Kline, Tavarez and King go and keep this assclown? What were they thinking?

Rolen has obviously lost some power. Edmunds can't stay healthy and has become a choke-artist at the plate anyway. With Carpenter out, our best starter is *erk* Jason Marquis. Now Albert's out as well. And that eternal idiot LaRussa is still at the top to mismanage the remaining pieces.

I fear it won't be happy year in baseball on either side of the state.

Demonpenz
06-04-2006, 10:25 AM
AP has a smoother swing than sweeney that is for sure.

KChiefs1
06-04-2006, 10:25 AM
consequences always come from the use of steroids.

StcChief
06-04-2006, 10:26 AM
Mulder is an overrated piece of shit. I screamed bloody murder when we traded Haren away to get him. Haren was the ONLY Cardinals pitcher who didn't suck during the '04 World Series. A rookie demonstrating that level of composure was truly amazing. I still can't believe they did that.

Another overrated piece of shit is Isringhausen. I can't remember the last time I watched the guy pitch a 1-2-3 inning. He generally puts at least two men on, maybe gives up a run, and then gets bailed out by a great defensive play behind him. Every time he steps to the mound I get that 2004 Chiefs Defense knot in my stomach. Everybody ripped on Rolen for his Bucknerish play in the 9th Friday night, but those runners never should have been on base in the first place. Isringhausen has serious speed and location issues, has had them since last season, and the horseshoe he has up his ass for luck seems to be out of juice. We let Kline, Tavarez and King go and keep this assclown? What were they thinking?

Rolen has obviously lost some power. Edmunds can't stay healthy and has become a choke-artist at the plate anyway. With Carpenter out, our best starter is *erk* Jason Marquis. Now Albert's out as well. And that eternal idiot LaRussa is still at the top to mismanage the remaining pieces.

I fear it won't be happy year in baseball on either side of the state.
Izzy seems to have issues of late....
Izzy hot/cold location etc. Dave Verz again...

Agreed Rolen should not have needed to make a play. Though he should have made it.l

Haren we should have kept looking back on it. Mulder seems to be faiding in his career.

Keep the faith man.

Frazod
06-04-2006, 10:29 AM
consequences always come from the use of steroids.

Do you have so much as a shred of proof, or are you just bitter and envious?

Thought so.

Frazod
06-04-2006, 10:31 AM
Izzy seems to have issues of late....
Izzy hot/cold location etc. Dave Verz again...

Agreed Rolen should not have needed to make a play. Though he should have made it.l

Haren we should have kept looking back on it. Mulder seems to be faiding in his career.

Keep the faith man.

I have to get my balls busted by an office full of Cub fans tomorrow. I'm not looking forward to it. Those idiots better find a way to win today or I may have to call in sick. :grr:

Demonpenz
06-04-2006, 10:33 AM
well the good news frazod is that maddux is pitching

Frazod
06-04-2006, 10:37 AM

The Cubs OWN the Cardinals this year. Hell, they owned us last year. We're basically the only team they can beat. It's like kryptonite.

So far we're 2-6 against them. It's maddening. I hope Maddux gets shelled, but who's going to do it?

StcChief
06-04-2006, 10:38 AM
Yeah....

I watched the end of the game at bar in Wentzville next to a Cub fan
yesterday..

With Maddux the Cub brooms will be out at Busch.

Frazod
06-04-2006, 10:40 AM
Yeah....

I watched the end of the game at bar in Wentzville next to a Cub fan
yesterday..

With Maddux the Cub brooms will be out at Busch.

There is nothing on earth more obnoxious than the Cub fans that go to Busch Stadium. Today could be really ugly. :banghead:

KChiefs1
06-04-2006, 10:43 AM
Do you have so much as a shred of proof, or are you just bitter and envious?

Is there ever any evidence to prove such things? Barry Bonds is obviously juiced and there is no evidence. Mark McGwire was juiced and there is no evidence. Albert Pujols? :hmmm:

StcChief
06-04-2006, 10:46 AM
Is there ever any evidence to prove such things? Barry Bonds is obviously juiced and there is no evidence. Mark McGwire was juiced and there is no evidence. Albert Pujols? :hmmm:

Albert juiced...I highly doubt it given his character.

Frazod
06-04-2006, 10:48 AM

Bonds and McGwire were both skinny and later exploded with muscle. Pujols has always been big. There are lots of people who have always been big. Are you saying that any time a big, muscular guy gets injured he must be doping? That's retarded.
Pujols's name has never been mentioned in connection with any allegation, except by people like you who are just pissed off because he plays for a team they hate.

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-04-2006, 10:54 AM
Dusty Baker has always done well against LaRussa, even though he has no idea what he's doing the other 90% of the time. Call it dumb luck.

StcChief
06-04-2006, 10:57 AM
Bonds and McGwire were both skinny and later exploded with muscle. Pujols has always been big. There are lots of people who have always been big. Are you saying that any time a big, muscular guy gets injured he must be doping? That's retarded.
Pujols's name has never been mentioned in connection with any allegation, except by people like you who are just pissed off because he plays for a team they hate.

Yep.....Bonds/Big Mac both bulked up quickly.

Phat Albert just a big guy from day 1. Still scratching my head how he got away from Royals...my bad it's because their organization sucks.

Demonpenz
06-04-2006, 11:00 AM

Phat Albert just a big guy from day 1. Still scratching my head how he got away from Royals...my bad it's because their organization sucks.

he was always big. Infact he really was fat in highschool and in the minors.

Frazod
06-04-2006, 11:01 AM

Thank God he did - otherwise, he'd be playing in the Bronx right now.

ChiefsCountry
06-04-2006, 11:40 AM

So did 28 other teams. Cards got lucky on that one. How come the Cardinals let Ryan Howard, Mark Buerhle, and Bill Meuller get away? They are all St. Louis kids.

KChiefs1
06-04-2006, 11:51 AM
All the Pujols-loving we read, most is quite superficial. Most just say...Pujols works hard. He's humble. He carries himself with dignity on and off the field.

Based on Pujols's bios, he really does seem like a good guy. Pujols grew up poor in the Dominican Republic, picked up English quickly upon moving to Missouri, married an older woman and adopted her infant suffering from Down Syndrome, and started a foundation to fight the disease.

I'm not looking for dirt on Albert Pujols, but merely a fully rounded, up-to-date portrait by a major baseball reporter. Maybe ESPN can send Pedro Gomez to shadow Pujols for a month, since Bonds—whom Gomez shadows—is delivering all his best material in front of his own reality-show cameras. Or perhaps Jeff Pearlman can take a ride with Pujols. Let us know Pujols, the man, in full; after all, the media's cartoonish worship of sluggers at a distance is what got us in this Bonds mess in the first place. No wonder guys like Bonds, McGwire & Pujols juice up.

Frazod
06-04-2006, 11:57 AM
No wonder guys like Bonds, McGwire & Pujols juice up.

There you go again, lumping Albert in with Bonds and McGwire, simply because you don't like the Cardinals.

Give it a rest. :shake:

VAChief
06-04-2006, 11:59 AM
"I'm not looking for dirt on Albert Pujols..."

:hmmm:

KChiefs1
06-04-2006, 12:01 PM
Until a reliable test can be conducted to conclude that Pujols is juiced, I'll just let it slide.

WilliamTheIrish
06-04-2006, 12:12 PM

You're only scratching your head because you're a klown. The Cards picked him with the 300th+ pick.

But carry on. You're an amusement.

POND_OF_RED
06-04-2006, 01:32 PM
this just gives derrek lee time to catch up and put up better numbers again and still not win the MVP because he isnt as popular as pujols...

StcChief
06-04-2006, 01:40 PM
You're only scratching your head because you're a klown. The Cards picked him with the 300th+ pick.

But carry on. You're an amusement.

I'm glad your amused. I need to go get bigger Klown shoes now....just for you.

Yeah everyone else overlooked Pujols. We took a chance, got lucky. that still doesn't stop the Royals organizaton from sucking disgracing the town and Just waiting for MLB to step in on Glass.
Now there is your A$$Klown.

Valiant
06-04-2006, 01:47 PM
I'm glad your amused. I need to go get bigger Klown shoes now....just for you.

Yeah everyone else overlooked Pujols. We took a chance, got lucky. that still doesn't stop the Royals organizaton from sucking disgracing the town and Just waiting for MLB to step in on Glass.
Now there is your A$$Klown.

Good refute to getting owned by facts...

StcChief
06-04-2006, 01:49 PM
Good refute to getting owned by facts...
It matters not when we picked Pujols, signed him to 10 year deal.

Glass would have traded him to the yankmes by now.

ChiefsCountry
06-04-2006, 01:50 PM
It matters not when we picked Pujols, signed him to 10 year deal.

Glass would have traded him to the yankmes by now.

We never trade with the Yankees, its always with Oakland.

Valiant
06-04-2006, 01:55 PM
All the Pujols-loving we read, most is quite superficial. Most just say...Pujols works hard. He's humble. He carries himself with dignity on and off the field.

Based on Pujols's bios, he really does seem like a good guy. Pujols grew up poor in the Dominican Republic, picked up English quickly upon moving to Missouri, married an older woman and adopted her infant suffering from Down Syndrome, and started a foundation to fight the disease.

I'm not looking for dirt on Albert Pujols, but merely a fully rounded, up-to-date portrait by a major baseball reporter. Maybe ESPN can send Pedro Gomez to shadow Pujols for a month, since Bonds—whom Gomez shadows—is delivering all his best material in front of his own reality-show cameras. Or perhaps Jeff Pearlman can take a ride with Pujols. Let us know Pujols, the man, in full; after all, the media's cartoonish worship of sluggers at a distance is what got us in this Bonds mess in the first place. No wonder guys like Bonds, McGwire & Pujols juice up.

There is not much dirt on Pujols outside of the normal things for major leaguers... He was a big boy at Fort and Maple Woods, Only knock agianst him is he is 4-6 years older then what he says.. Other then that he launched a ball a good 600+ feet during one tourney during HS...

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-04-2006, 02:15 PM
this just gives derrek lee time to catch up and put up better numbers again and still not win the MVP because he isnt as popular as pujols...

Because all MVPs should be on last place teams ala A-Rod and Andre Dawson. Give me a f*cking break.

Sure-Oz
06-04-2006, 02:16 PM
Derek Lee is a good player too, but c'mon Pujols earned that considerign his team did real well too! I think he is half that team, not taking away from Derek Lee, cause without him the Cubs suck too.

sedated
06-04-2006, 05:37 PM
Its pretty stupid to say that, just because of one injury, Pujols is juicing.

I want to see the Cardinals fail in the worst way, but not at the expense of one of the best players in the game.

No one deserves another Sweeney situation, even those turd-gurgling f*ck-birds.

sedated
06-04-2006, 05:43 PM
ST. LOUIS -- This is a much larger challenge for the St. Louis Cardinals: Albert Pujols will be out indefinitely with a strained muscle on his right side.

Pujols, last year's NL MVP and this season's major league leader in home runs and RBI, was placed on the 15-day disabled list Sunday.

"Life would be easier with Albert," closer Jason Isringhausen said. "But we've played without our star players before. We'll have to weather the storm."

Last year, the Cardinals soldiered through Scott Rolen's two shoulder operations, Reggie Sanders' broken leg and Yadier Molina's broken hand, injuries that did not prevent them from their second straight 100-win season.

An MRI exam scheduled for Monday will give the team a better picture how long Pujols, batting .308 with 25 homers and 65 RBI, will be sidelined. Dr. George Paletta, the team's orthopedic consultant, said Saturday that Pujols could be out as long as six weeks.

On Sunday, trainer Barry Weinberg characterized the injury as "moderate to severe," saying it was closer to severe than moderate, and said Pujols had limited mobility and pain.

"Now, we just go through the steps of getting him better," Weinberg said. "The first thing he has to do is normal things: coughing, sneezing and opening the door.

"Then we can get more aggressive with the rehab and we can get more aggressive with some baseball activity."

Manager Tony La Russa said Pujols heard something pop when he tried to chase Aramis Ramirez's foul pop fly in the second inning on Saturday, then pulled up and grabbed his right side. Pujols finished the inning but was removed before the third inning.

"He doesn't give into pain very much," La Russa said. "So I knew there was something going on."

Weinberg said it was a positive sign that Pujols was injured in the field rather than swinging.

Jim Edmonds, nursing an abdominal injury that sidelined him for a week and threatened to land him on the DL, too, played first base Sunday against the Chicago Cubs after taking ground balls at the position a few hours before the game. Edmonds was 3-for-3 with two RBI, helping the Cardinals win 9-6.

Edmonds, an eight-time Gold Glove center fielder, has been unable to run since being injured. But La Russa noted that he can swing a bat, and said Edmonds would not worsen his injury by playing.

"It's not rocket science here," Edmonds said. "The first baseman got hurt and we're short some guys. I figured if I can go out there and play for a couple of days and get a little bit better as I'm playing, it will be better for us. But if it's not, it's not."

Peek At The Oblique
What's involved: The two external abdominal oblique muscles lie on the sides and front of the abdomen and are the largest of the muscles in this area. These flat muscles are attached to the ribs and the pelvis in such a way that both muscles, acting together, bend the spine forward. One side acting alone can bend the vertebral column sideways and rotate it, bringing the shoulder of that side forward.
Diagnosis: A muscle pull, or strain, happens when a muscle is stretched more than normal, tearing some of the muscle fibers or partially detaching the tendon from the bone. Pain often starts when the muscle area is worked thereafter. A trainer can tell by asking the athlete certain questions.
Treatment: For the first 48 hours after the injury, ice and anti-inflammatory medications -- ibuprofen or aspirin -- are recommended to decrease the pain and speed recovery. Massage and heat can also help. But rest is best. After two days -- depending on the severity of the injury -- the athlete can start a gentle stretching program. Otherwise, it's important to avoid movements that cause pain or could aggravate the injury.

-- Source: WebMD (www.webmd.com)

La Russa said he's been told by team medical personnel that Edmonds cannot worsen the injury by playing.

"He's going to have some pain and he may get more pain from playing," La Russa said. "If it gets too painful to where he can't function, he doesn't play, but the injury will not be aggravated."

Rolen moved into Pujols' third slot in the lineup, and La Russa said Rolen most likely would bat third the majority of the time Pujols is out.

"You're not going to replace Albert Pujols," Rolen said. "You can search through the league for his replacement."

Cubs manager Dusty Baker did not have too much sympathy. The Cubs lost Derrek Lee with a broken wrist in April and also have played much of the year without pitcher Mark Prior and Kerry Wood.

"It just goes to show you it's a long season, No. 1," he said. "No. 2, it's a test of really who has the most depth."

Baker said losing Pujols or Lee was a good comparison. The Cubs were 12-27 since Lee was hurt on April 21.

"There's a direct correlation," Baker said. "Big-time."

Now comes the Cardinals' turn to deal with adversity.

"It's part of grinding through a season, it's just something you've got to deal with," La Russa said. "The guys that have a chance to play can make a contribution, and if they do, you get by with it."

On the plus side, Chris Carpenter is to come off the disabled list from bursitis in his back Tuesday and start against the Reds. Carpenter won 21 games and the NL Cy Young Award last year.

Rookie Chris Duncan was recalled from Triple-A Memphis in time for Sunday's game against the Chicago Cubs. Duncan, beginning his second stint with the team this season, was batting .272 in 42 games with six homers and 25 RBI.

Duncan, the son of pitching coach Dave Duncan, appeared in four games earlier in the season and was 1-for-5 with a homer and three RBI. Duncan had a pinch infield hit in the sixth Sunday.

Buster Olney's blog

Albert Pujols is hurt, a devastating injury for the Cardinals. A handful of Baseball Tonight staffers were watching the Cardinals' game and saw Pujols reach to his lower back on his right side, and the first thing I thought was: Four weeks, at least.
• For more of Buster Olney's analysis, Click here.

Sure-Oz
06-04-2006, 06:32 PM
I wonder if they'd want our best slugger/1b Doug MINKSDhALSHAOUSHAZjzzz

Sure-Oz
06-04-2006, 08:12 PM
sorry if this joke i posted was offensive... i saw it on another site and thought it was funny... sorry
did ya get alot of negative rep?

Eleazar
06-04-2006, 08:59 PM
Don't get me wrong, I hate the Cardinals, but Pujols I don't mind. Sucks that he's hurt. I was kind of hoping he would take Bonds' single season record.

recxjake
06-04-2006, 09:45 PM
did ya get alot of negative rep?

haha yup

KcMizzou
06-04-2006, 09:47 PM
haha yupROFL

ChiefsCountry
06-04-2006, 09:48 PM
Don't get me wrong, I hate the Cardinals, but Pujols I don't mind. Sucks that he's hurt. I was kind of hoping he would take Bonds' single season record.

Thats how I feel.

But to get to that joke, what if Pujols got traded to San Francisco? ROFL