PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone a Premium member of WPI?

Skip Towne
06-04-2006, 07:05 AM
I'm looking for actual paid up members, not the free trial guys. Could you give us examples of what you have gotten that you can't get here?

Mile High Mania
06-04-2006, 07:10 AM
You just can't let it die can you?

Skip Towne
06-04-2006, 07:13 AM
Let it die? Why would I do that? This is quality entertainment.

Kerberos
06-04-2006, 07:42 AM

You ask this question when it's SKIP poking the stick? :shake:

When has Skip let anything just DIE when there is contraversy?

Monkeylook4food
06-04-2006, 07:43 AM
Why don't you just look for yourself? https://secure.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=12

Our annual pass includes:
The Magazine
Draft Guide
NFL Preview
$15 certificate to Whatifsports.com
$10 certificate to sportsnutz.com
A year subscription to Sports Illustrated
Our calendar
Access to ALL premium articles across the Scout.com network. That means if you're a fan of the Kansas Jayhawks you also get all Jayhawk news. Or if you're a fan of Jayhawk basketball and Kansas State football you get all that information included. That includes exclusive recruiting information.

I very seriously doubt this one will reach 100 posts but thanks for the opportunity to tell you about Warpaint. Now you can turn around and say I'm spamming the board - and be wrong. Again.

Skip Towne
06-04-2006, 07:46 AM

The Magazine
Draft Guide
NFL Preview
Our calendar
Access to ALL premium articles across the Scout.com network. That means if you're a fan of the Kansas Jayhawks you also get all Jayhawk news. Or if you're a fan of Jayhawk basketball and Kansas State football you get all that information included. That includes exclusive recruiting information.
Seriously, I went to Phog.net the other day and it looked like quite a few KU alums are premiums members of something. I'm not sure that is the same thing though.

recxjake
06-04-2006, 07:47 AM

The Magazine
Draft Guide
NFL Preview
Our calendar

I very seriously doubt this one will reach 100 posts but thanks for the opportunity to tell you about Warpaint. Now you can turn around and say I'm spamming the board - and be wrong. Again.

looks like a good deal to me

Monkeylook4food
06-04-2006, 07:48 AM
It's the same thing. If you signed up for Warpaint you'd get all of Phog's premium articles.

Mile High Mania
06-04-2006, 07:48 AM
What do you guys think of the Mavs/Heat series?

Game 1 next Thursday (I think) in Dallas...

Mavs in 6? I think so...

StcChief
06-04-2006, 07:49 AM

The Magazine
Draft Guide
NFL Preview
Our calendar

It really isn't that bad if multiple sports of intrest....considering

Sports Ill is what alone $40 and you get a Jacket, sweatshirt etc....

Monkeylook4food
06-04-2006, 07:50 AM
The NBA blows. If you offered me $1000 I couldn't tell you one player on the Mav's roster and I'm proud of it.

Skip Towne
06-04-2006, 07:50 AM
What do you guys think of the Mavs/Heat series?

Game 1 next Thursday (I think) in Dallas...

Mavs in 6? I think so...
What's a Mavs/Heat?

Monkeylook4food
06-04-2006, 07:51 AM
It really isn't that bad if multiple sports of intrest....considering

Sports Ill is what alone $40 and you get a Jacket, sweatshirt etc....

I'm not sure you'll get SI's subscriber's bonus with this promotion.

chop
06-04-2006, 07:52 AM
Sports Illustrated is way over-rated. It hardly ever has information I'm interested in.

Mile High Mania
06-04-2006, 07:53 AM
The NBA blows. If you offered me $1000 I couldn't tell you one player on the Mav's roster and I'm proud of it.
I'm not a huge NBA fan by any means and I may have seen 3 regular season games all year, but the Mavs / Spurs and Mavs / Suns were two exciting series of basketball.

So, if the NBA isn't your bag, then what about a li'l fantasy football...

http://www.pigskinsanity.com/images/logo.gif

possible spammage

Monkeylook4food
06-04-2006, 07:55 AM
Fantasy football is awesome. Thanks for the link. I'd love to check out your site. Is there anything good this time of year?

Mile High Mania
06-04-2006, 07:57 AM
Content is "in the works"... all of the preseason stuff starts to roll out on June 12th, we have series of articles, rankings etc that are set to roll out just about daily through June/July/August.

chop
06-04-2006, 08:01 AM
I just got done listening to the pod cast over at WPI. It was actually pretty good.

I don't think I would sign up for the premium membership just because of the so called "risks" that Nick Athan puts out there. I want to hear factual stuff not someones guess of what they think the Chiefs will do and reporting it as inside stuff.

chop
06-04-2006, 08:04 AM
Content is "in the works"... all of the preseason stuff starts to roll out on June 12th, we have series of articles, rankings etc that are set to roll out just about daily through June/July/August.

I just bookmarked your site.

greg63
06-04-2006, 08:20 AM
Let it die? Why would I do that? This is quality entertainment.

ROFLROFL

Bowser
06-04-2006, 08:51 AM
Skip's mancrush on "The Bird" over there is getting out of control.

FAX
06-04-2006, 09:37 AM
I'm a premium member. (Don't hate me for it, Mr. milkman.)

I joined to gain access to the audio interviews with the players that they do after the games. They are very good and it's content that I can't find anywhere else.

FAX

milkman
06-04-2006, 09:43 AM

I joined to gain access to the audio interviews with the players that they do after the games. They are very good and it's content that I can't find anywhere else.

FAX

I don't have the issues with Warpaint that some here do.

I'm fairly ambivalent about the whole thing.

morphius
06-04-2006, 09:52 AM
Are you going to do a listing of the players this year for people in auction leagues?

JBucc
06-04-2006, 09:53 AM
I'm not a premium member but it's not because I hate them or the quality sucks. I wouldn't pay for it even it was award winning material./ uj

FAX
06-04-2006, 09:56 AM
I'm not a premium member but it's not because I hate them or the quality sucks. I wouldn't pay for it even it was award winning material./ uj

It is a little expensive, Mr. JBucc. I agree.

But, I look at it this way. I don't get to go to any games because of my geographic limitations. So, I don't pay for parking, tickets, or pay Arrowhead bear and nacho prices.

It's a way for me to get closer to the team for a hundred bucks a year and that's okay.

FAX

OldTownChief
06-04-2006, 09:58 AM

Cool site. I'm joining. And it's ALL free.

Mr. Kotter
06-04-2006, 10:27 AM
....so I don't.... pay Arrowhead bear and nacho prices....

FAX

:spock:

Bear? Arrowhead serves bear? Damn. I'll have to try that next year.... ;)

FAX
06-04-2006, 10:29 AM
:spock:

Bear? Arrowhead serves bear? Damn. I'll have to try that next year.... ;)

ROFL

What is happening to me?

FAX

Bugeater
06-04-2006, 10:30 AM
How much to they charge for an order of bear?

Mr. Kotter
06-04-2006, 10:38 AM
How much to they charge for an order of bear?
I don't know. I just hope it isn't anymore than they charge for the damn beer! :cuss:

:p

58-4ever
06-04-2006, 10:47 AM
ROFL

What is happening to me?

FAX

Those lortabs.

Eleazar
06-04-2006, 10:47 AM
I don't think I would sign up for the premium membership just because of the so called "risks" that Nick Athan puts out there. I want to hear factual stuff not someones guess of what they think the Chiefs will do and reporting it as inside stuff.

Pretty much how I feel

FAX
06-04-2006, 10:48 AM
Those lortabs.

Maybe, Mr. 58-4ever. But, I've been taking them for weeks and have yet to develop a craving for bear.

FAX

Skip Towne
06-04-2006, 11:03 AM

FAX
Why aren't you passing on all that good inside info to us here at the Planet?

FAX
06-04-2006, 11:18 AM
Why aren't you passing on all that good inside info to us here at the Planet?

Basically, two reasons, Mr. Skip Towne.

First, it's stuff that you guys probably already hear or know about because you get Chiefs radio and tv and stuff.

Second, when you sign up for a membership, you agree on your honor not to post or publish the premium content.

Actually, I get most of my Chiefs news and information from the Planet. The audio clips are, basically, just player interviews about the game.

(Check for the word, "bear", then post.)

FAX

go bo
06-04-2006, 11:23 AM

First, it's stuff that you guys probably already hear or know about because you get Chiefs radio and tv and stuff.

Second, when you sign up for a membership, you agree on your honor not to post or publish the premium content.

Actually, I get most of my Chiefs news and information from the Planet. The audio clips are, basically, just player interviews about the game.

FAXeh, honor is overrated...

Mr. Kotter
06-04-2006, 11:26 AM
...Second, when you sign up for a membership, you agree on your honor not to post or publish the premium content.

FAX

Copy & Pasting, I can see. But, what, you can't even "paraphrase?" I mean, plagarism is one thing, but.....:hmmm:

go bo
06-04-2006, 11:27 AM
it depends on whether the pair of phrases are gay or not...

Mr. Kotter
06-04-2006, 11:28 AM
it depends on whether the pair of phrases are gay or not...

Nice try, John. ROFL

Skip Towne
06-04-2006, 11:32 AM

FAX
OK. Can you give us an example of what you learned over there that later appeared here?

jspchief
06-04-2006, 11:42 AM
Did this question really need it's own thread, or could it have been asked in the other WPI thread?

Methinks Skip is just trying to pad his ridiculous 100 post thread stats by cashing in on a hot button topic.

FAX
06-04-2006, 11:46 AM
OK. Can you give us an example of what you learned over there that later appeared here?

I'd have to think about that one, Mr. Skip Towne. I can't recall anything off the top of my head. I'm certain that most Planeteers are better informed than I and, for that matter, many of the writers at WPI. Again, I get most of my "hard" Chiefs news from here. My view is that, a lot of guys on the Planet could work in the NFL, no problem. They have that level of knowledge and understanding of the game.

And, as I said, the locker room interviews are, essentially, just that. Audio of players after the game ... "What did that interception feel like?" "It felt good." That sort of thing.

But, in my world, any Chiefs information is good. It's a desert out here for that kind of thing. Unless it's streamed, I never see player interviews on tv, hear them on the radio, etc. So, for me, having access to those little tidbits is very welcome.

FAX

Skip Towne
06-04-2006, 11:54 AM
I'd have to think about that one, Mr. Skip Towne. I can't recall anything off the top of my head. I'm certain that most Planeteers are better informed than I and, for that matter, many of the writers at <a href="http://chiefsplanet.com">WPI</a>. Again, I get most of my "hard" Chiefs news from here. My view is that, a lot of guys on the Planet could work in the NFL, no problem. They have that level of knowledge and understanding of the game.

And, as I said, the locker room interviews are, essentially, just that. Audio of players after the game ... "What did that interception feel like?" "It felt good." That sort of thing.

But, in my world, any Chiefs information is good. It's a desert out here for that kind of thing. Unless it's streamed, I never see player interviews on tv, hear them on the radio, etc. So, for me, having access to those little tidbits is very welcome.

FAX
Might I suggest Sunday Ticket for you?

Mr. Kotter
06-04-2006, 12:05 PM
I'd have to think about that one, Mr. Skip Towne. I can't recall anything off the top of my head. I'm certain that most Planeteers are better informed than I and, for that matter, many of the writers at <A href="http://chiefsplanet.com"><A href="http://chiefsplanet.com">WPI (http://chiefsplanet.com). Again, I get most of my "hard" Chiefs news from here. My view is that, a lot of guys on the Planet could work in the NFL, no problem. They have that level of knowledge and understanding of the game.

FAXYou DO at least listen to the KCFX-FOX live feeds of the pre-game, game and post-game, don't you? They air that kind of stuff for free.....and archive the interviews, IIRC. :hmmm:

FAX
06-04-2006, 12:06 PM
Might I suggest Sunday Ticket for you?

I have, indeed, Mr. Skip Towne. But there's a problem with that.

Due to the location and orientation of my home, the dish would have to be on the front of the house. Unfortunately, the beautiful and witty Mrs. FAX has declared that, under no circumstances nor at any time now or in the future, shall a satellite dish be placed on the front of our house as it would interfere with her sensitive aesthetics.

I have offered money, vacations, more frequent maid service and sexual favors in an attempt to dissuade her from this position. All to no avail.

It is unlikely that, a divorce notwithstanding, I shall ever persuade her. Unless you have a better idea, my next plan is to move.

FAX

Mr. Kotter
06-04-2006, 12:08 PM

Due to the location and orientation of my home, the dish would have to be on the front of the house. Unfortunately, the beautiful and witty Mrs. FAX has declared that, under no circumstances nor at any time now or in the future, shall a satellite dish be placed on the front of our house as it would interfere with her sensitive aesthetics.

I have offered money, vacations, more frequent maid service and sexual favors in an attempt to dissuade her from this position. All to no avail.

It is unlikely that, a divorce notwithstanding, I shall ever persuade her. Unless you have a better idea, my next plan is to move.

FAX

You have a garage, shed, or tree BEHIND the house with the proper exposure.....to run a long cable to??? :hmmm:

Skip Towne
06-04-2006, 12:11 PM

FAX
How about a tall pole in the back yard? The dish fits perfectly on a chain link fence post. (line posts, not corner posts) You could get two (or three) 6 footers and weld them together. Sometimes that works.

FAX
You DO at least listen to the KCFX-FOX live feeds of the pre-game, game and post-game, don't you? They air that kind of stuff for free.....and archive the interviews, IIRC. :hmmm:

Yes, I do, Mr. Kotter. My routine is to come to the office "to work" on game day.

That way, I can listen to the stream of the games and watch the java applet on nfl.com to see how things are going without either interruption or distraction.

You're right. They have a few locker room interviews after the games with Dawson and Gretz (sp?) which are great. I really envy the people who can go to the games, mini camps, River Falls, etc.

FAX

blueballs
okay, skip is looking
for a premium member
what's the WPI stand 4?

Skip Towne
06-04-2006, 12:13 PM
Yes, I do, Mr. Kotter. My routine is to come to the office "to work" on game day.

That way, I can listen to the stream of the games and watch the java applet on nfl.com to see how things are going without either interruption or distraction.

You're right. They have a few locker room interviews after the games with Dawson and Gretz (sp?) which are great. I really envy the people who can go to the games, mini camps, River Falls, etc.

FAX
There's your answer. Put the dish at the office.

OldTownChief
06-04-2006, 12:14 PM
Fax,
Have you ever been to a game at Arrowhead?

Mr. Kotter
06-04-2006, 12:16 PM

FAXHeh. ROFL

I can relate. My "ration" of 2 games a week doesn't usually get me my fix.....so I try to schedule time at the office, during Sunday night or Monday night games. The Mrs. hasn't caught on yet, that I can sneak another game in that way. Heh.

You gotta find a way, and the time to make it to a game. They are great. River Falls is fun too. I almost gave up my season tickets this year, but my 10 year old wouldn't let me. He and I, and his cousin, will be headed to TC again the first week of August. It's a blast, for die-hards. You really need to find a way to make it happen.

Skip has a point about the dish at the office....:hmmm:

FWIW, I can't believe the sexual favors thing didn't work on the wife. It's the only thing I can count on at my house; she's putty in my hands after that.....:p (too bad, I'm jk)

milkman
06-04-2006, 12:18 PM

FAX

Hell, I think a divorce is called for.

FAX
06-04-2006, 12:20 PM
Fax,
Have you ever been to a game at Arrowhead?

No, Mr. OldTownChief. Never. The last game I saw in KC was at the old Municipal? Stadium. We played the Boston Patriots. I still have the program. I saw the Chiefs here once (against the Titans), but the seats were terrible and it's not the same as a home game.

Mr. Kotter & Mr. Skip Towne ... the back yard idea has been explored and eliminated as possibilities. But, the idea of getting a dish here at the office is excellent! This may well work. I shall pursue this possibility immediately. Thanks for the idea.

FAX

buddha
06-04-2006, 12:51 PM
You definitely do not get the free stuff with the free stuff. SI is the added incentive.