PDA

View Full Version : Information concerning Nation's Presidential Popular Vote Result (It is not over)

Logical
11-27-2000, 09:03 PM
About the California absentee ballots.

You can verify this information at this site:
http://www.ss.ca.gov/elections/elections_upbr.htm

California will announce its final tallies to include the estimated 1,071,381 absentee/mail-in ballots on December 5th. To date the number of ballots counted equals 914,399, but the results are not published (at least anywhere I can find and definitely not officially. The site I listed is the official CA site (it was just harder to find than the Florida site). So now you have the up to the minute activity on the California absentee/mail-in ballot count. I promise to come back on December 5th and report the results in the likely event the media does not.

Thanks to (The Queen) for doubting me and TheFly, it gave me extra incentive to find the official site.

------------------
Jim Reynolds
If I were a Democrat I would surely be a sore loser!

[This message has been edited by Logical (edited 11-27-2000).]

DanT
11-27-2000, 09:09 PM
Hey Logical,

Just for grins, answer me this: Who do you believe was the candidate that the plurality of eligible Florida voters who cast ballots intended to vote for--Gore or Bush?

[Exclude the folks who intended to vote for Buchanan, Nader, Browne, etc. I mean the people who intended to vote for either Gore or Bush--who do you think had the majority, in terms of intent?]

[This message has been edited by DanT (edited 11-27-2000).]

[This message has been edited by DanT (edited 11-27-2000).]

Logical
11-27-2000, 09:45 PM
My answer is a simple one, from those who chose to cast a ballot in accordance with the instruction, and were not to lazy to verify their vote. Then answer is Bush, and that should be the only answer that matters.

Now without going to a dictionary I think the absolute correct answer is no one because I believe plurality requires over 50% and no candidate received over 50%

------------------
Jim Reynolds
If I were a Democrat I would surely be a sore loser!

DanT
11-27-2000, 09:53 PM
Hey Logical,

Yeah, I knew it! So you thought Gore, too. I wonder if there's any mathematically literate person who thinks otherwise! ;)

By the way, plurality doesn't mean more than 50%.

Logical
11-27-2000, 10:08 PM
DanT,

I said I did not know for sure, but now you made me look. You are correct, with all the Dems bantering about their nationwide plurality like it was a synonym for have the lead in the popular vote I was unsure and thought you might have been trying to trick me. Hats off.

Oh and yea you know I thought Gore had it. LOL

DanT
11-27-2000, 10:20 PM
Hey Logical,

Yeah, the Dems should shut up about the national popular vote. It doesn't matter.

I think almost all numerate folks believe that Gore was intended by more Florida voters than Bush. But, of course, that isn't all that matters either! http://www.chiefsplanet.com/ubb/wink.gif

Bob Dole
11-28-2000, 06:58 AM
Bob Dole wonders how many that "intended" to vote for Gore would change their vote after his recent behavior.

Oh wait...what the hel1 is Bob Dole thinking...

bkkcoh
11-28-2000, 07:29 AM
If they do end up recounting again, how long will they keep counting if Gore ends up ahead bye 1 vote. ;)

------------------
Brian K.

The future is much like the present, only longer.

[i]Don Quisenberry </I>

htismaqe
11-28-2000, 09:40 AM
Senator Dole,

According to the latest polls, about 33% of Gore supporters said they wouldn't have voted for him if they'd known he was going to do this.

Also, CNN-USA Today's latest poll said that 48% approve of Gore's action. Seems high? Not when considering that 6 days ago it was 54%.

He's sinking fast.

------------------
Parker
[b]ChiefsPlanet Administrator</B>