recxjake
06-06-2006, 08:36 AM

nychief
06-06-2006, 08:38 AM
let the lenny walls "era" begin.

sigh.

Archie Bunker
06-06-2006, 08:44 AM
maybe he will end up being a good surprise?!

I think he will be a surprise. He played well under Gibbs in Denver and with his height he could be a weapon in the Cover 2.

hypersensitiveZO6
06-06-2006, 08:49 AM
I think he will be a surprise. He played well under Gibbs in Denver and with his height he could be a weapon in the Cover 2.

Who knows? Maybe him and Griffin will pull an Eddie Kennison. :shrug:

KCTitus
06-06-2006, 09:01 AM
Ok, so let's see...

Arizona who has about eleventy billion under the cap is in negotiations with Law and...what's that? Now NE wants to negotiate too? Hmm...

Can you say 'driving up the price?'...

I hope he gets what he wants in Arizona..it's where a lot of vets go to retire.

BucEyedPea
06-06-2006, 09:22 AM
WoW! Last I read he was leaning toward the Chiefs.
Glad to hear he is still talkin' with NE.

chagrin
06-06-2006, 09:24 AM
Beaver County, heh heh

tomahawk kid
06-06-2006, 09:45 AM
Ok, so let's see...

Arizona who has about eleventy billion under the cap is in negotiations with Law and...what's that? Now NE wants to negotiate too? Hmm...

WOW. It's like you've bugged the Poston's offices.

"Driving up the Price" is right.

cadmonkey
06-06-2006, 09:53 AM
No one is going to pay him what he is asking for. Not even the cards. He'll end up here in New England simply because is he has to settle for the money teams are willing to give him, he may as well go to the team he knows the best and has a home already.

Amnorix
06-06-2006, 10:00 AM
No one is going to pay him what he is asking for. Not even the cards. He'll end up here in New England simply because is he has to settle for the money teams are willing to give him, he may as well go to the team he knows the best and has a home already.

I wonder how he feels now about how the Pats insulted him with a measly 4 year, $26M that they offered him after the '04 season?

vailpass
06-06-2006, 10:04 AM
Whether Ty "past my prime" Law signs with Arizona or not I am still going to go see a few Cardinals games this year.
New stadium + consecutive excellent drafts + strong FA season makes this the first year that I have even been remotely intersted in buying a ticket.

morphius
06-06-2006, 10:09 AM
Ok, so let's see...

Yeah, the fact that he had to cancel an appearnce because of it is even more fishy. His agent is hanedling talking to the other team, and its not like there is suddenly a huge rush that he must get signed today. TC isn't for a little while, and I don't know what, if any, practices there are before then. Just seems like a get his name heard plan.

Of course if he signs in the next 2 days I will come back and say I'm wrong, but I'm just having a hard time buying it.

cadmonkey
06-06-2006, 10:12 AM
I wonder how he feels now about how the Pats insulted him with a measly 4 year, $26M that they offered him after the '04 season?

he would still say its an insult.

whaaaaaaaaaaaa, boooooo, hooooooooooooo!!!

Stinger
06-06-2006, 10:42 AM
Whether Ty "past my prime" Law signs with Arizona or not I am still going to go see a few Cardinals games this year.
New stadium + consecutive excellent drafts + strong FA season makes this the first year that I have even been remotely intersted in buying a ticket.

I agree they have had a couple of good drafts and Denny Green seems to have gotten them on the right track. IMO Ty would be a good addition to that Defense.

Bob Dole
06-06-2006, 10:49 AM
Yeah, the fact that he had to cancel an appearnce because of it is even more fishy. His agent is hanedling talking to the other team, and its not like there is suddenly a huge rush that he must get signed today. TC isn't for a little while, and I don't know what, if any, practices there are before then. Just seems like a get his name heard plan.

Of course if he signs in the next 2 days I will come back and say I'm wrong, but I'm just having a hard time buying it.

Bob Dole had the same thought as he read the report.

Does he not have an agent?

StcChief
06-06-2006, 11:06 AM
Agent - 'Ty The Arizona Cardinals are interested'
Ty - 'Arizona, isn't it hot in summer and fall there?'
Agent - 'Yeah But it's a dry heat'

keg in kc
06-06-2006, 11:08 AM
I'm sure he'll sign with someone. In six weeks. Maybe.

Mr. Laz
06-06-2006, 11:13 AM
Hopefully he signs so the chiefs can move on!

move on to what?

what plan/option has been put on hold because the situation pending with Ty Law?

jabberwocky

htismaqe
06-06-2006, 11:14 AM
We'll be just fine with Lenny Walls.

vailpass
06-06-2006, 11:17 AM

:titus: :)

RedThat
06-06-2006, 02:05 PM
Well I wish Ty all the best to whomever signs him.

If our main focus, and emphasis is to play cover 2, then CB shouldn't be a problem.

I trust Herm and his abilities to find a CB that can excel in zone play. Of course we are talking about a guy that, has so much expertise evaluating the DB position. I offer my sincere praise to Herm whomever he thinks is the best candidate to start at RCB for the Chiefs. Im sure he will be a good one!

Hammock Parties
06-06-2006, 02:11 PM
Last year's Super Bowl corners:

Ike Taylor
DeShea Townsend

Andre Dyson
Marcus Trufant

PunkinDrublic
06-06-2006, 02:36 PM
It's time for Law to shit or get off the pot. I'm tired of these rumors and innuendo about him signing. This is getting to be as bad as the year that guy from philly jerked us around before signing with Jacksonville.

Dave Lane
06-06-2006, 02:49 PM

And if he or Surtain go down?

Dave

Not conceeding the point that Walls probably sucks..

Stinger
06-06-2006, 02:57 PM
And if he or Surtain go down?

Dave

Bartee Baby!!!! :fire:

Mecca
06-06-2006, 03:24 PM
Last year's Super Bowl corners:

Ike Taylor
DeShea Townsend

Andre Dyson
Marcus Trufant

Let's not mention that those teams front 7's rape ours........I'll remember all this when people go nuts about how crappy Lenny Walls is during every game.

sedated
06-06-2006, 03:47 PM
If he was old and overpriced, he would have signed with the raiders already