PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs push for Law

melbar
06-06-2006, 06:15 PM
Per Adam S. on the NFL network the Chiefs contacted Ty Laws agent Mon. night and are intensifying their efforts to sign him. Says that a deal one way or the other is very likely to come this week.
Sounds like the Chiefs have raised their offer. :hmmm:

FAX
06-06-2006, 06:16 PM
Well posted, Mr. melbar.

May the muse of enormous, sustained erections take out a long term lease in your boxers.

FAX

JBucc
06-06-2006, 06:17 PM
I'll beleive it when Nick Athan says it

4th and Long
06-06-2006, 06:17 PM
Well posted, Mr. melbar.

May the muse of enormous, sustained erections take out a long term lease in your boxers.

FAX
ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

melbar
06-06-2006, 06:23 PM
Well posted, Mr. melbar.

FAX

Wow! now thats gratitude!

CHENZ A!
06-06-2006, 06:24 PM
Who is this Adam S. person?

melbar
06-06-2006, 06:28 PM
Adam Schefter.

CHENZ A!
06-06-2006, 06:32 PM
Oh, is he pretty good? I don't have the NFL network, damn Time Warner.

jspchief
06-06-2006, 06:47 PM
Oh, is he pretty good? I don't have the NFL network, damn Time Warner.He used to be good. He used to be a reliable football journalist.

But since joining NFL Network, he's gone the way of John Clayton, passing off rumors and speculation as news. I don't put much stock in what any of these hacks say anymore.

Kylo Ren
06-06-2006, 06:48 PM
.....a deal one way or the other is very likely to come this week....... We've heard that before. :rolleyes:

nychief
06-06-2006, 06:50 PM
Who is this Adam S. person?

Ed Hartwell

BigRock
06-06-2006, 06:54 PM
But since joining NFL Network, he's gone the way of John Clayton, passing off rumors and speculation as news. I don't put much stock in what any of these hacks say anymore.
And when did he turn into a Chiefs beat reporter? Every story he's written lately has been about KC. Priest on the PUP list, Kyle Turley, a story about re-signing Gonzalez. Now Ty Law.

He used to cover Denver, maybe Lenny Walls or David Gibbs has him on speed dial.

NaptownChief
06-06-2006, 08:20 PM
Not concerned either way....With Junior Siavii busting through the OLine like a bat out of hell so quickly that even Gaz could cover the other teams WR's....Siavii rocks...He is no Eric Downing but he is damn good.

SLAG
06-06-2006, 08:26 PM
Not concerned either way....With Junior Siavii busting through the OLine like a bat out of hell so quickly that even Gaz could cover the other teams WR's....Siavii rocks...He is no Eric Downing but he is damn good..... But that only happens when he imagines a bottle of Samoan Whiskey instead of a Quarterback

I fixed it for ya
:thumb:

tommykat
06-06-2006, 08:28 PM
Not concerned either way....With Junior Siavii busting through the OLine like a bat out of hell so quickly that even Gaz could cover the other teams WR's....Siavii rocks...He is no Eric Downing but he is damn good.

Alright I agree......why do you all want Law anyways? :rolleyes: OLD AND WASHED UP...........enough said!

Chan93lx50
06-06-2006, 08:32 PM
4th and Long who in the hell is that in your Avatar?

Oh, and on Ty law, we have heard this crap before!

beer bacon
06-06-2006, 08:49 PM
Alright I agree......why do you all want Law anyways? :rolleyes: OLD AND WASHED UP...........enough said!

Last season all of the Chiefs' CBs combined had seven INTs. OLD AND WASHED UP Ty Law had ten.

CoMoChief
06-06-2006, 08:51 PM
Last season all of the Chiefs' CBs combined had seven INTs. OLD AND WASHED UP Ty Law had ten.

I see your point but alot of his INTs were "Greg Wesley" INTs meaning that he should intercept those passes because many of them were thrown very close or right at him.

BWillie
06-06-2006, 09:34 PM

I really think John Clayton is a closet Chiefs fan. I have never heard him say anything bad about KC, and when any player is on the market Clayton claims the Chiefs will get him. He even defends our year end and year out horrible drafts.

Mecca
06-06-2006, 10:01 PM

I wish we had alot of old washed up guys who got 10 INT's in a season.

Halfcan
06-06-2006, 10:09 PM
I wish we had alot of old washed up guys who got 10 INT's in a season.

Lol-nice one!

The guy can tackle and still hits hard. When we sign him, we just need a DEF Tackle-and we are set!!!

Chiefs Pantalones
06-06-2006, 10:10 PM
I have a funny suspicion that he'll be a Chief.

beer bacon
06-06-2006, 10:51 PM
I see your point but alot of his INTs were "Greg Wesley" INTs meaning that he should intercept those passes because many of them were thrown very close or right at him.

I have a lot of problems with Greg Wesley, mostly his consistancy problems, but the whole gimmie INT argument for Wesley is BS. He has 22 INTs in the last four seasons. You don't get that many INTs unless you are good at putting yourself in position to get them, and then are able to actually hold unto the ball once you have your chance.

There are many many players each week that drop gimmie interceptions. On the other hand, Wesley is the type of player that will deflect a pass up into the air and then go get it himself.

You don't lead the league in INTs by getting lucky. If Ty would have played for us and gotten ten INTs last season then we here at the Planet would be calling him our defensive MVP.

picasso
06-06-2006, 11:34 PM

10 int's and a probowl nominee from the lowly Jets last year is washed up? :shake:

Lzen
06-07-2006, 07:52 AM

Enough said. :thumb:

Brock
06-07-2006, 07:54 AM

http://www.tardaymadre.com/images/r5.jpg

Frankie
06-07-2006, 09:00 AM
I sooo wanted us to sign Ty Law last year over the love fest here for Surtain. Here are my reasons:

1- Surtain is no doubt a good DB. But he did cost us a 2nd. Law was a free agent.

2- Ty Law at his best is twice the CB that Surtain is at HIS best.

3- In my perfect world we actually would have drafted Law when he came out of college, so he'd be a career Chief. I loved his talent, his attitude and, last but not least, his classic NAME. He has one of all time best football names ever. Stram would have loved to have him on his roster along with great names like Willie Lanier, Jim Lynch, Buck Buchanan, Otis taylor, etc. Law would have fit right in.

Back to reality, though, Ty Law will never be considered a Chief anymore than Joe Montana (another classic Stram type name). Now, this year, I'm seeing this great player close to the end of his career and possibly too expensive. Reality check: If he's too expensive, I no longer want him for us.

greg63
06-07-2006, 10:55 AM
OOOO, OOOO; another Ty Law thread...I can't wait to post on it!!!

The Poz
06-07-2006, 11:52 AM
Cardinals | Law would have to compromise to play in Arizona
Wed, 7 Jun 2006 09:22:23 -0700

Darren Urban, of the East Valley Tribune, reports the Arizona Cardinals are in the hunt for free agent CB Ty Law (Jets), but Law would have to compromise to get a contract with the team. The Cardinals are believed to have at least $10 million in salary cap space available, but $4.1 million is dedicated to the rookie pool. Law is looking for a $10 million signing bonus, on top of his lofty salary requests on a multi-year deal. The money for Law could be available if both sides were willing to compromise. Kevin Poston, Law's agent, said Law has no problem playing in Arizona "but they would have to pony up."

Eleazar
06-07-2006, 11:57 AM
I'll beleive it when Nick Athan says it

Well, now that it's being reported in other media, I expect him to publish it any minute as "inside info"

Eleazar
06-07-2006, 11:58 AM

That's completely ridiculous.

Kerberos
06-07-2006, 12:01 PM
Well, now that it's being reported in other media, I expect him to publish it any minute as "inside info"

Is that before or after he has sex with Rhonda Moss to get the scoop?

DaKCMan AP
06-07-2006, 12:05 PM

Extremely disagree.

KCTitus
06-07-2006, 12:08 PM
I cannot believe that Law thinks he's going to get someone to pony up an 8 figure bonus.

Mr. Laz
06-07-2006, 01:26 PM
i'm not sure we should really want Law this year.

i think his only goal last year was Ints last year.

He wasn't worried about getting burnt ... wasn't worried about the defense overall, he was just trying to pad his stats.

you gotta worry about what he's gonna do if you give him the big bucks.

StcChief
06-07-2006, 02:31 PM
i'm not sure we should really want Law this year.

i think his only goal last year was Ints last year.

He wasn't worried about getting burnt ... wasn't worried about the defense overall, he was just trying to pad his stats.

you gotta worry about what he's gonna do if you give him the big bucks.

Law is a Year too late. with Herm and D Cover 2...

Padding his stats is right.

Lamar shelling out big signing bonus..I don't see it.

greenisgod10
06-07-2006, 07:49 PM
dammit, Law is a great cornerback and we need to just sign him already. Hes better than anyone we have right now besides Surtain and would be a huge upgrade to our weak pass defense. Peterson needs to quit dickin around and get the deal done before we lose out to the pats or cards.

ChiefaRoo
06-07-2006, 07:52 PM
dammit, Law is a great cornerback and we need to just sign him already. Hes better than anyone we have right now besides Surtain and would be a huge upgrade to our weak pass defense. Peterson needs to quit dickin around and get the deal done before we lose out to the pats or cards.

I agree.