PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Draft Pick Page Is Drafted Again

Chiefnj
06-07-2006, 08:09 AM
from profootballtalk.com, but interesting nonetheless.

DEJA VU FOR PAGE

In April, former UCLA safety Jarrad Page was selected by the Kansas City Chiefs in the seventh round of the NFL draft, as the 228th overall player chosen.

On Tuesday, Page was also drafted by the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim in California of the United States of America from the Western Hemisphere of the Earth.

Page, a switch-hitting outfielder, was taken by the Angels in the seventh round, as the 222nd overall player chosen.

A league source tells us that Page is undecided as to whether he's going to play football or baseball. With the signing bonuses generally higher in baseball but the path to the highest level of the sport decidedly longer, the decision won't be an easy one.

As much as we love football, however, a guy who can play both sports at a level high enough to be drafted should give serious thought to choosing baseball. The long-term physical toll isn't nearly as severe, and a career in baseball can last years longer than a career in pro football.

At a minimum, look for Page to squeeze the best deal possible from both the Chiefs and the Angels before signing on the dotted line with either franchise. Leverage is a rare commodity for guys whose rights are devoted to one team via a draft; Page is in the unusual situation of being able to tell the Chiefs that he'll play baseball if he doesn't get the right money from K.C., and to tell the Angels that he'll choose football if the baseball contract offered to him isn't sufficiently lucrative.

Amazingly, the fact that one of the Chiefs' seven draft picks was drafted by an MLB team wasn't even mentioned in Wednesday's Kansas City Star.

cdcox
06-07-2006, 08:16 AM
Another pissed away draft choice.

OnTheWarpath15
06-07-2006, 08:39 AM
Another pissed away draft choice.

Pissed away? What exactly have we gotten from out seventh round picks since Warfield?

James Kilian
Jeremy Parquet
Kevin Sampson
Montique Sharpe
Willie Pile
Maurice Rodriguez
Shaunard Harts
Terdell Sands
Desmond Kitchings
Eric King

ct
06-07-2006, 08:48 AM
Eh, he's a 7th round pick, all of which are total projects. 7th round in the MLB draft carries some pretty good weight though. If I were him, I'd go baseball.

recxjake
06-07-2006, 09:21 AM
he's said before that he is going to play football

cdcox
06-07-2006, 09:22 AM
Pissed away? What exactly have we gotten from out seventh round picks since Warfield?

James Kilian
Jeremy Parquet
Kevin Sampson
Montique Sharpe
Willie Pile
Maurice Rodriguez
Shaunard Harts
Terdell Sands
Desmond Kitchings
Eric King

Which part of "another pissed away draft pick" do you disagree with?

I mainly just wanted to use The Lexicon.

jlscorpio
06-07-2006, 09:24 AM
I kinda liked Harts a little bit sort of...

OnTheWarpath15
06-07-2006, 11:15 AM
Which part of "another pissed away draft pick" do you disagree with?

I mainly just wanted to use The Lexicon.

I'm just screwin' with you.......

But for sake of using The Lexicon:

DAMNIT CARL!!!!

jspchief
06-07-2006, 11:59 AM
If I was a GM, and a player I had just drafted in the 7th round came into negotiations using the threat of baseball as a bargaining tool, I'd tell him to go piss up a rope.

CoMoChief
06-07-2006, 01:22 PM

James Kilian
Jeremy Parquet
Kevin Sampson
Montique Sharpe
Willie Pile
Maurice Rodriguez
Shaunard Harts
Terdell Sands
Desmond Kitchings
Eric King

Sampson is a potential starter, and did start for us and did a decent job.

CoMoChief
06-07-2006, 01:24 PM
I kinda liked Harts a little bit sort of...

Nothing will ever piss me off more than seeing a deflected ball float in the air so slowly right to Harts, only to watch him completely miss the ball as it hit him in the facemask. How in the hell do you do that? Thats what 4 year olds do when they are learning to catch.

Rain Man
06-07-2006, 01:54 PM
If you want to play safety in the NFL, you should be embarrassed about a baseball team drafting you.

StcChief
06-07-2006, 01:55 PM
Play both, if your really good.