PDA

View Full Version : Happy Day! Zarquawi is dead...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Taco John
06-08-2006, 02:08 AM
-- Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, the most wanted terrorist in Iraq,
is dead, according to an aide to Iraq's prime minister.

CNN.com's Breaking News E-Mail Alert

Moooo
06-08-2006, 02:12 AM
This reminds me of a Who song called "Won't Get Fooled Again"

http://www.lyricsdomain.com/20/the_who/wont_get_fooled_again.html

Scroll down to the last two lines especially.

Moooo

alanm
06-08-2006, 02:16 AM
I'll believe it when they show his head on a stake.
The US hasn't confirmed yet.
Good news if it's true.

ZootedGranny
06-08-2006, 02:18 AM
I'll believe it when they show his head on a stake.
The US hasn't confirmed yet.
Good news if it's true.

Basically.

The story is that they caught his right hand man, who gave up Zarqawi's location, which led to an airstrike and his supposed death.

EDIT, from ABC.com:

"Zarqawi was apparently injured at first… The Americans found him. They handed him over to the Iraqis and he later died of his injuries," ABC said.

I wonder if Uday/Qusay-esque cadaver pics are to follow.

Moooo
06-08-2006, 02:21 AM
http://us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/ap/20060608/capt.0edb6f7f8f5b43b49d5412b8317d7bd6.iraq_zarqawi_ny114.jpg?x=380&y=274&sig=1M6vEWNbtkMGxks1sMez8g--

Okay, is it just me or is the picture on the right a lot more, "cubicle worker" than most of the pictures of these guys? If I didn't know any better I'd think that was the guy over in AR who borrowed my stapler last month.

Moooo

big nasty kcnut
06-08-2006, 02:32 AM
We nailed his ass.You lose bitch.

jAZ
06-08-2006, 02:49 AM
Wow... let's hope it stays true.

mikey23545
06-08-2006, 04:01 AM
I'm sorry for your loss, Denise...

Bootlegged
06-08-2006, 04:28 AM
OOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPSIEEE POOOOOOOOOOOOPSSIIIIIIIIEEE!

memyselfI
06-08-2006, 04:53 AM
Great news. Now bring the troops home.

OldTownChief
06-08-2006, 05:11 AM

Not quite yet meme. We still have a few more of your friends to deal with.

recxjake
06-08-2006, 05:23 AM
Bush/ Cheney 2008!!!

6 MORE YEARS!!!

memyselfI
06-08-2006, 05:38 AM
Not quite yet meme. We still have a few more of your friends to deal with.

What? I thought the insurgency was made up of terrorists under AZ. You mean the insurgency is actually comprised of some home grown resistance and the insurgency is not all terrorists/terrorism led by AZ? :hmmm:

Damn, that is news. :hmmm:

Bootlegged
06-08-2006, 05:39 AM
What? I thought the insurgency was made up of terrorists under AZ. You mean the insurgency is actually comprised of some home grown resistance and the insurgancy is not all terrorists/terrorism led by AZ? :hmmm:

Go eat a turd and quit turning this into the memygunt propaganda thread.

OldTownChief
06-08-2006, 05:53 AM

Give her a break, she's in mourning. She just gets to the "anger" and "it's all about me'" stage quickly.

Adept Havelock
06-08-2006, 05:56 AM
Very good news. Glad we got the SOB. Now, let's get the SOB that takes over for him. Rinse and Repeat.

chagrin
06-08-2006, 05:56 AM
This is kick ass! About time we got another one of those freaks, but I hope that we keep rolling with this momentum and take more action and get more AQ info!!

Loki
06-08-2006, 06:03 AM
WOOOOHOOOO !!!!

good riddance scumbag!

Bootlegged
06-08-2006, 06:07 AM
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=102&topic_id=2327738&mesg_id=2327802

ROFL

"just more Bushco propaganda"

"He's a Pentagon tool - this was sooo planned"

Wow.

BigOlChiefsfan
06-08-2006, 06:12 AM
Death to all tyrants, including those in terrorist robes.

memyselfI
06-08-2006, 06:12 AM
This is good news. Unfortunately, it will NOT mean the last dead civilians or US troops.

An added benefit of this news is it gets the gay marriage ploy and Ann Coulter off the front page. That is also good news.

DaKCMan AP
06-08-2006, 06:27 AM
Bush/ Cheney 2008!!!

6 MORE YEARS!!!

:spock:

StcChief
06-08-2006, 06:30 AM
So who's gonna step forward for the $25M

MOhillbilly
06-08-2006, 06:32 AM
good deal maybe alittle less fear for joeblow average iraqi citizen.

BigOlChiefsfan
06-08-2006, 06:36 AM
This tidbit from yesterday looks pretty smart today. Even Al Q knows there comes a time to rat a fool out:

http://www.strategypage.com/htmw/htmurph/articles/20060607.aspx

Plus...the price of oil is dropping like a terrorwallah shot full of depleted uranium.

chagrin
06-08-2006, 06:44 AM
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=102&topic_id=2327738&mesg_id=2327802

ROFL

Wow.

That's some funny shit, I'm sure we all could write OP orders like short-n-fat over there.

At some point these folks need to focus on something else in their sad, empty lives. I truly feel sorry for them.

the Talking Can
06-08-2006, 06:45 AM
nice

stumppy
06-08-2006, 06:48 AM

ROFL

Wow.

What a fuggin freak web site.ROFL

Eleazar
06-08-2006, 06:50 AM
Hope it was painful.

Saulbadguy
06-08-2006, 06:51 AM
Who?

Pennywise
06-08-2006, 06:55 AM
Awesome ****ing news!

Ugly Duck
06-08-2006, 07:01 AM
Great! Mission Accomplished again. We've insured there are no WMD's. We've insured that there are no unmanned flying vehicles. No rison factories. We've installed democracy and killed terrorists that flock to Iraq from countries far and wide. Time to come home.

MOhillbilly
06-08-2006, 07:03 AM
Great! Mission Accomplished again. We've insured there are no WMD's. We've insured that there are no unmanned flying vehicles. No rison factories. We've installed democracy and killed terrorists that flock to Iraq from countries far and wide. Time to come home.

Andre Rison has factories in Iraq?

Thats reason enough to invade right there!

the Talking Can
06-08-2006, 07:05 AM
Who?

Huggins personal assistant

JBucc
06-08-2006, 07:05 AM
Cool. Now we just need to get his sidekick, Flannela Al-Borlandi
http://www.hiarchive.co.uk/vital/al.jpg

Radar Chief
06-08-2006, 07:07 AM
An added benefit of this news is it gets the gay marriage ploy and Ann Coulter off the front page. That is also good news.

Ah, a “deflection”. You mean like this is a deflection?

This is good news. Unfortunately, it will NOT mean the last dead civilians or US troops.

Or this?

What? I thought the insurgency was made up of terrorists under AZ. You mean the insurgency is actually comprised of some home grown resistance and the insurgency is not all terrorists/terrorism led by AZ? :hmmm:

Or this?

But you’re, like, against deflection. Right? ROFL

ct
06-08-2006, 07:08 AM
Holy crap, is it true? Happy day indeed if so!

ct
06-08-2006, 07:10 AM

Have you seen this? Somebody posted this in the DC Forum, so you probably have. An interesting read I thought.

http://www.commentarymagazine.com/Production/files/Taheri_0606.htm

Radar Chief
06-08-2006, 07:11 AM

Absolutely amazing that you can’t just say something like, good job.
Well not really, it’s exactly what I expected when I heard the news this morning.
Hell, even tTC who hates this administration with a seething passion that can be smelled through my monitor had enough class to say this.

nice

Rep to you, tTC.

BigOlChiefsfan
06-08-2006, 07:12 AM
http://www.securitywatchtower.com/archives/003442major_blow_to_al_qaeda_abu_musab_alzarqawi_killed.html

http://www.saag.org/papers19/paper1839.html

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2006/6/8/33449/30287

Donger
06-08-2006, 07:15 AM
Thank you Jordan.

Bootlegged
06-08-2006, 07:16 AM
http://www.drudgereport.com/az.jpg

Here is his dead, bloated memyhusband face

Duck Dog
06-08-2006, 07:18 AM
Excellent news, I hope it's true. We still have a lot of assholes in Iraq to deal with, almost as many as we have right here at CP.

Duck Dog
06-08-2006, 07:20 AM

Here is his dead, bloated memyhusband face

That's all I needed.

The Red Sea
06-08-2006, 07:20 AM
A couple of things my Newb a$$ would like to say on this..

First of all I'm More than thrilled we nailed this SOB...I'm hoping he did Not die instantly but had a minute to reflect on his horrid life & at the very least realize "They finally Got me"

I also know by saying what I'm about to say might piss more than a few of you off so I'm sorry.

This comment always bothers me The "Lets bring the Kids home so no more need die."
If I'm not mistaken these So called Kids signed up for the military right?
I mean they werent Drafted were they?
If so someone please enlighten me?
Did they not understand what they were getting into?
Did they just think the pay the training & the future Benefits given to veterans were a free ticket?
Do people ever stop & think how offensive their comments are to those who were Drafted/Forced into the military in wars past...to hear volunteers crying Foul.
Is it not also true that Though this is modern warfare(sort of)More people died in one Big battle in the civil war or world war 2 etc..than have died since the war on terrorism started?(this might be a stretch but you know what im saying)

Ok before you all get out your torches & kick my Newb a$$ I think I'd better add a few things.

Just three houses down from my own is a single mother....a widow..due to this war.
My Heart BLEEDs for her & their 2 yr old daughter who know longer has a father figure.
I help out with the yard & the shoveling etc whenever I can.
Not Even She makes stupid comments like they shouldnt be over there or any regrets about what their goal is there.
I Do NOT want to see one more soldier die in this..however thats not reality now is it?
Somehow we(USA) managed to avoid Wars for a long stretch but in truth Sad to say wars come around every decade or so just As there Will be another war a decade from now(possibly started by Iran who knows) so tell me the Soldiers who Just today are taking their oaths & starting their training Fully understand what it is their getting into?

Or do they just think its a pay check/good future benefits with no worries they could Actually have to fight for something?
And is it not Ridiculous for any of them or the citizens of the USA to actually think the Next War will be conducted here on our land?
At least in the next few decades I dont see the possibility of any Ground strikes getting done right here on our soil.
So any fighting will be done else where!
Maybe those taking the oaths and the families of those taking the oaths need to think Much Much harder on what they are entering.

I'm PROUD to be an American & I'm More than Proud of the soldiers who are over there determined to get The Job ahead of them done.

This wars not about us its about our grand kids & whether not every douche bag with a bomb will think they can Easily enter our country....or Even take over the weaker country next to them..to grow stronger.

Tell me do you not think the terrorists need to make Much more detailed plans to get in here now than 10 yrs ago??

I'm not overly supportive on Bush..nor am I against him.
I like the fact that hes pretty much told the so called bad guys.if you F with us were not gonna stop till we make you pay the damn piper!

Any how thx for letting me rant guys & gals.

I think I just had one or two too many pots of coffee.. lol

I'll stick to the poop threads from here on out!

=P

the Talking Can
06-08-2006, 07:21 AM
Thank you Jordan.

yeah, that's what some ex-general was saying on tv....Jordan provided some assistance....they killed his #2 as well....

ct
06-08-2006, 07:22 AM
Finish the job and bring our men and women home! Once the Iraqi police and armies can stand on their own to defend the radicals, our job is done. Until then, finish what we started.

ct
06-08-2006, 07:24 AM
A couple of things my Newb a$$ would like to say on this..

... shortened to avoid long cluttered thread ...

Any how thx for letting me rant guys & gals.

I think I just had one or two too many pots of coffee.. lol

I'll stick to the poop threads from here on out!

=P

Welcome! And I admire your support of our troops and families!

Rausch
06-08-2006, 07:25 AM
Thank you Jordan.

They ain't about to let them terrorists kill all the white women...

shakesthecat
06-08-2006, 07:25 AM
Good news indeed

Duck Dog
06-08-2006, 07:26 AM
Finish the job and bring our men and women home! Once the Iraqi police and armies can stand on their own to defend the radicals, our job is done. Until then, finish what we started.

Agree, but too bad that's what it will take.

Donger
06-08-2006, 07:27 AM
yeah, that's what some ex-general was saying on tv....Jordan provided some assistance....they killed his #2 as well....

In retrospect, attacking his home country was probably a rather serious strategic error for al-Zarqawi.

Mr. Kotter
06-08-2006, 07:28 AM

If you can't admit this strikes a serious blow, along with others who have been taken out....you are even more cynical and ideolgically driven than I imagined. Which is saying a lot....:rolleyes:

the Talking Can
06-08-2006, 07:29 AM
In retrospect, attacking his home country was probably a rather serious strategic error for al-Zarqawi.

he wasn't the brightest bulb...

Mr. Kotter
06-08-2006, 07:29 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/06/08/iraq.al.zarqawi/index.html

U.S. airstrike kills al-Zarqawi

Bush: Terrorist's death could 'turn the tide' in Iraq

Thursday, June 8, 2006; Posted: 9:03 a.m. EDT (13:03 GMT)
BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- Al Qaeda in Iraq leader Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, the coalition's most wanted man in Iraq, was killed in an airstrike near Baquba, jubilant U.S. and Iraqi authorities announced Thursday.Al-Zarqawi's death gives Iraq a chance to "turn the tide" in the fight against the nation's insurgency, President Bush said at the White House."The ideology of terror has lost one of its most visible and aggressive leaders," Bush said. "Zarqawi's death is a severe blow to al Qaeda." (Watch the celebration following the announcement -- 4:31 (http://java script:cnnVideo('play','/video/world/2006/06/08/sots.nuri.al.maliki.on.al.zarqawi.death.affl','2006/06/15');))"Special Operations forces, acting on tips and intelligence from Iraqis, confirmed Zarqawi's location and delivered justice to the most wanted terrorist in Iraq," Bush said."Zarqawi personally beheaded American hostages and other civilians in Iraq," Bush said. "Now Zarqawi has met his end and this violent man will never murder again."Later, U.S. military officials displayed a picture of al-Zarqawi taken after the attack and showed aircraft video depicting the strike.U.S. and Iraqi officials first announced the attack at a news conference in Iraq.The 3-year-old insurgency has "lost its leader," said U.S. Gen. George Casey, the highest-ranking U.S. commander in Iraq. Casey was joined during the announcement by U.S. Ambassador to Iraq Zalmay Khalilzad and Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki.Although details of the attack remain elusive, sources at the Pentagon said that a U.S. military aircraft dropped two 500-pound bombs on a safe house with al-Zarqawi inside.Casey said al-Zarqawi and a key lieutenant, spiritual adviser Sheik Abd-Al-Rahman, were killed at an isolated safe house outside Baquba at 6:15 p.m. (10:15 a.m. ET) on Wednesday. In addition, four others died in the attack, the military said. (Map of target (http://java script:CNN_openMap('/interactive/maps/world/iraq.baquba/frameset.exclude.html')))A Web site used by Al Qaeda in Iraq confirmed al-Zarqawi's death and urged its followers to continue the insurgent fight.Another Web site used by the group issued a statement: "People of Islam, God will not let our enemies celebrate and spread corruption in the ground. Expect the right that was stolen to come back to us and destroy the Crusaders" -- an apparent reference to U.S. troops in Iraq.CNN could not verify the authenticity of the Web messages.Al-Zarqawi was the self-proclaimed leader of one of the nation's many insurgent factions -- al Qaeda in Iraq --who pledged allegiance to Osama bin Laden.He had a $25 million bounty on his head, led foreign and Iraqi fighters in a series of dramatic and high-profile attacks against U.S. and Western targets and was seen as leader of one of the factions in Iraq that fomented sectarian strife between the Sunni and Shiite communities.His killing is a major coup for the embattled coalition forces."Today is a good day," U.S. Ambassador to Iraq Khalilzad said at the news conference. "Zarqawi has been killed."Khalilzad called al-Zarqawi "the godfather of sectarian killing and terror in Iraq" -- and said the death "marks a great success for Iraq and the global war on terror." (Watch how al-Zarqawi's body was identified -- 2:28 (http://java script:cnnVideo('play','/video/world/2006/06/08/sots.gen.casey.on.al.zarqawi.death.affl','2006/06/15');))"His organization has been responsible for the deaths of thousands of civilians in Iraq and abroad."The 39-year-old Jordanian-born al-Zarqawi was accused of terrorist links before the Iraq war and soon led the insurgency after the fall of Saddam Hussein's regime. (Watch how al-Zarqawi murdered his way to the most-wanted list -- 2:50 (http://java script:cnnVideo('play','/video/world/2006/06/08/robertson.abu.musab.al.zarqawi.obit.affl','2006/06/15');))Multiple attempts have been made to capture or kill him and he was held briefly by Iraqi security forces in 2004 but was released because no one knew who he was.In London, British Prime Minister Tony Blair called al-Zarqawi's death "a very important moment in Iraq. A blow for al Qaeda in Iraq is a blow for al Qaeda everywhere."<A target=_blank name=1><A target=_blank name=rv1>Insider tips

Casey wouldn't provide many details about the action but said that "all of these operations are the result of a long, painstaking process where tips and intelligence are received, processed and checked out.""Tips and intelligence from Iraqi senior leaders from his network led forces to al-Zarqawi and some of his associates who were conducting a meeting approximately eight kilometers north of Baquba when the airstrike was launched," Casey said.Baquba is a volatile area northeast of Baghdad in Diyala province, a mixed Shiite-Sunni jurisdiction. There have been many roadside bombings and shootings throughout the province and within the week, severed heads were found in fruit boxes there."Iraqi police were first on the scene after the airstrike, and elements of Multi-National Division North, arrived shortly thereafter," Casey said. "We have been able to identify al-Zarqawi by fingerprint verification, facial recognition and known scars."This particular operation had been in the works for a couple of weeks, leading to the location of the house in a wooded area and the meeting, he said.Al-Maliki indicated that the strike on al-Zarqawi was the "result of cooperation" with ordinary Iraqis, saying that authorities many times have asked the citizenry to provide information."This is a message to all those who take violence as a path."Khalilzad said the demise of al-Zarqawi won't end the violence in Iraq, but it is "an important step in the right direction."CNN's Jamie McIntyre, Barbara Starr, Henry Schuster and journalist Randa Habib contributed to this report.

Donger
06-08-2006, 07:30 AM
he wasn't the brightest bulb...

I'm glad he's dead!! Hahhahahahaha! I'm glad he's dead! Bawaaahahhaa!!

Iowanian
06-08-2006, 07:32 AM
Oops.

Zarqawi, His top "spiritual advisor" and it sounds like 4 others are on ice. Excellent news.

During the briefing, they said 17 additional raids were carried out immediately after confirmation that this dead asshole, was indeed Zarqawi. These raids, as well as information collected at the destoryed safehouse was a "treasure trove" that will lead to alot of action.

This can't possibly HURT Iraq...which should help with stability, which is HOW our troops will come home, when conditions are right.

I'm not surprised to see the local hoopleheads looking for a negative in this.

ps. If you're in a safehouse with an asshole the scale of Zarqawi, you're no longer innocent, or a civilian imo.

Zach was right last night...it was a good day.

KChiefs1
06-08-2006, 07:35 AM
Is this guy related to Osama Bin-Laden?

Eleazar
06-08-2006, 07:36 AM
If you can't admit this strikes a serious blow, along with others who have been taken out....you are even more cynical and ideolgically driven than I imagined. Which is saying a lot....:rolleyes:

I respect the opinion that it's still not a good situation over there, but if this isn't going to make a person come even close to acknowledging one, individual positive event, then what is you opinion worth?

the Talking Can
06-08-2006, 07:38 AM

no, but he is related to Bob Huggins

chagrin
06-08-2006, 07:39 AM
I'm PROUD to be an American & I'm More than Proud of the soldiers who are over there determined to get The Job ahead of them done.

=P

I've shortened that for obvious reasons

Excellent post my friend, and no, they do not understand the sacrifice of those who were drafted, like my Uncle, Grandfather and many ancestors going back to the Civil War (and plenty of people opn this board who have friends and family that were drafted before and/or currently serve and died for their right to blaspheme current soldiers. If they do understand it, they simply don't give a shit.

You're new here so you will soon find out how sick some people can be with regards to how they express their radical ideas.

I join my other friend before, and say thanks for the voice and the points!

Now stay tuned, because I have an interesting poop thread forthcoming

Donger
06-08-2006, 07:40 AM
al-Masri, you're next.

Chiefnj
06-08-2006, 07:40 AM
Good news. The secret now is to quickly kill the little vermin who will be clamoring to replace him so that eventually nobody will want to step up.

Bugeater
06-08-2006, 07:42 AM
Cool. Now we just need to get his sidekick, Flannela Al-Borlandi
http://www.hiarchive.co.uk/vital/al.jpg
ROFL I don't think so, Tim.

RoadGrader
06-08-2006, 07:42 AM

Here is his dead, bloated memyhusband facetoo bad, I was hoping for more along these lines.......

http://random-m.com/images/263331127_btfbazooka256.gif

Bootlegged
06-08-2006, 07:43 AM
You can always count on our friends in the media to try to put the Downer on this news...

Congrats Newsweek, MSNBC, Reuters and AP.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/13201242/

Al-Zarqawi relatives see a martyr for Islam
‘God willing there will be 1,000 Zarqawis to fight the Americans’

MSNBC News Services
Updated: 42 minutes ago

ZARQA, Jordan - In the bleak Jordanian city where Abu Musab al-Zarqawi grew up, shocked relatives mourned the al-Qaida in Iraq leader’s death as a loss to Islam and prayed for 1,000 “Zarqawis” to fight the Americans in his place.

“This is a tragedy. We are all sad here,” said al-Zarqawi’s uncle, Yazm Khalayleh, 64.

“We have to be sad because he was fighting the infidels. Anyone who says he is not sad is lying; people believe he is a martyr. We do not want to believe that he is dead.”

“God willing there will be 1,000 Zarqawis to fight the Americans,” another relative, Ahmed Khalayleh, told Reuters.

Born Ahmed Fadhil al-Khalayleh to a notable family that is part of the biggest tribe in Jordan, al-Zarqawi grew up in the dusty streets of Zarqa, an industrial city where unemployment is high and Islamic militancy widespread.

Jailed by Jordanian authorities for several years in the early 1990s, al-Zarqawi went on to fight U.S. forces in Iraq, where Osama bin Laden named him the “prince” of al-Qaida in Iraq.

Family gathers at home
Relatives gathered Thursday at the three-story house where Zarqawi was born, opposite a cemetery where he used to spend time with his friends as a youngster.

“He is a martyr for Islam. This is a major loss for Islam,” Zarqawi’s brother-in-law, Saleh al-Hami said. “God willing he is going to the heavens.”

Sayel al-Khalayleh, al-Zarqawi's older brother, told The Associated Press that “we anticipated that he would be killed for a very long time. ... We hope that he will join other martyrs in heaven.”

Al-Zarqawi's three sisters, all dressed in black, arrived at family home looking grief stricken.

Accompanied by a man who was the husband of one, the sisters declined to talk to reporters as they entered the house. The husband, who identified himself as Abu Qudama, said: "We're not sad that he's dead."

"To the contrary, we're happy because he's a martyr and he's now in heaven," added the man, who said he lost one of his legs fighting Russian forces in Afghanistan as part of the Islamic Mujahedeen.

In front of the family house, a 13-year-old boy, who said he was al-Zarqawi's nephew, stared at a crush of reporters who had gathered there.

"I'm so sad about my uncle," said the boy, who identified himself as Omar.

Not all on his side
There were no public signs of grieving or celebration in Zarqa, Jordan’s second largest city and located 16 miles northeast of Amman, but not everyone shared in the mood of sadness that hung over the city.

Some said Zarqawi, thought to be in his late 30s, had been killing other Muslims in Iraq, rather than fighting the American forces occupying their neighbor.

“I am happy he was killed because he used to kill Muslims just like non-Muslims. He did not distinguish,” said Sameh Dawood, a resident of Zarqa.

Reuters and The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Ugly Duck
Absolutely amazing that you can’t just say something like, good job.
Well not really, it’s exactly what I expected when I heard the news this morning.
Hell, even tTC who hates this administration with a seething passion that can be smelled through my monitor had enough class to say this.

Rep to you, tTC.?? Perhaps you misunderstood. When I said "Great!" - I meant it.

StcChief
ps. If you're in a safehouse with an asshole the scale of Zarqawi, you're no longer innocent, or a civilian imo.
Agreed. But the JackA$$ media here/there will spin it as killing civilians too. If your not smart enough to stay away from the AQ, you get whatever happens.

local hoopleheads ROFL

Boozer
06-08-2006, 07:45 AM
Rest in pieces.

the Talking Can
06-08-2006, 07:47 AM
[schwarzenegger voice]Rest in pieces.[/schwarzenegger voice]

Bootlegged
06-08-2006, 07:50 AM
You can always count on our friends in the media to try to put the Downer on this news...

MSNBC News Services

ZARQA, Jordan - In the bleak Jordanian city where Abu Musab al-Zarqawi grew up, shocked relatives mourned the al-Qaida in Iraq leader’s death as a loss to Islam and prayed for 1,000 “Zarqawis” to fight the Americans in his place.

“This is a tragedy. We are all sad here,” said al-Zarqawi’s uncle, Yazm Khalayleh, 64.

“We have to be sad because he was fighting the infidels. Anyone who says he is not sad is lying; people believe he is a martyr. We do not want to believe that he is dead.”

“God willing there will be 1,000 Zarqawis to fight the Americans,” another relative, Ahmed Khalayleh, told Reuters.

Born Ahmed Fadhil al-Khalayleh to a notable family that is part of the biggest tribe in Jordan, al-Zarqawi grew up in the dusty streets of Zarqa, an industrial city where unemployment is high and Islamic militancy widespread.

Jailed by Jordanian authorities for several years in the early 1990s, al-Zarqawi went on to fight U.S. forces in Iraq, where Osama bin Laden named him the “prince” of al-Qaida in Iraq.

Family gathers at home
Relatives gathered Thursday at the three-story house where Zarqawi was born, opposite a cemetery where he used to spend time with his friends as a youngster.

“He is a martyr for Islam. This is a major loss for Islam,” Zarqawi’s brother-in-law, Saleh al-Hami said. “God willing he is going to the heavens.”

Sayel al-Khalayleh, al-Zarqawi's older brother, told The Associated Press that “we anticipated that he would be killed for a very long time. ... We hope that he will join other martyrs in heaven.”

Al-Zarqawi's three sisters, all dressed in black, arrived at family home looking grief stricken.

Accompanied by a man who was the husband of one, the sisters declined to talk to reporters as they entered the house. The husband, who identified himself as Abu Qudama, said: "We're not sad that he's dead."

"To the contrary, we're happy because he's a martyr and he's now in heaven," added the man, who said he lost one of his legs fighting Russian forces in Afghanistan as part of the Islamic Mujahedeen.

In front of the family house, a 13-year-old boy, who said he was al-Zarqawi's nephew, stared at a crush of reporters who had gathered there.

Not all on his side
There were no public signs of grieving or celebration in Zarqa, Jordan’s second largest city and located 16 miles northeast of Amman, but not everyone shared in the mood of sadness that hung over the city.

Some said Zarqawi, thought to be in his late 30s, had been killing other Muslims in Iraq, rather than fighting the American forces occupying their neighbor.

“I am happy he was killed because he used to kill Muslims just like non-Muslims. He did not distinguish,” said Sameh Dawood, a resident of Zarqa.

Fox picks up the AP story, but the presentation/headlines is noticibly different.

FOXNEWS.COM HOME > WORLD
Al-Zarqawi's Brother Says Family Expected His Death
Thursday, June 08, 2006
AMMAN, Jordan — Abu Musab al-Zarqawi's older brother said Thursday that the family had anticipated the death of the notorious Al Qaeda in Iraq leader for some time.

"We anticipated that he would be killed for a very long time," Sayel al-Khalayleh told The Associated Press in a telephone interview from Zarqa, the poor industrial town that Al-Zarqawi called home and from which he derived his name.

"We expected that he would be martyred," he said, in a low voice, signaling his grief over the death of his brother, whose real name is Ahmed Fadhil Nazzal al-Khalayleh.

"We hope that he will join other martyrs in heaven," he added.

In Zarqa, Al-Zarqawi's three sisters, all dressed in black, arrived at the one-story family home looking grief stricken. Accompanied by a man who was the husband of one, the sisters declined to talk to reporters as they entered the house.

The husband, who identified himself as Abu Qudama, said: "We're not sad that he's dead."

In front of the family house, a 13-year-old boy, who said he was Al-Zarqawi's nephew, stared at a crush of reporters who had gathered there.

He said the family heard the news of Al-Zarqawi's death on Al-Jazeera satellite channel.

Other family members declined to come outside to speak to reporters, who knocked several times on their door.

In the wake of a triple hotel bombings in Amman last November, claimed by Al-Zarqawi's group, the family of the Al-Qaeda in Iraq leader renounced him, telling King Abdullah II that they "severed links with him until doomsday."

In newspaper advertisements, 57 members of the al-Khalayleh family, including Al-Zarqawi's same brother — Sayel — reiterated their strong allegiance to the king.

Al-Zarqawi claimed responsibility for the deadly attacks on the three Amman-based Western hotels, which killed 63 people, including three Iraqi suicide bombers whom Al-Zarqawi said he had sent them on a suicide mission to Jordan.

The bombings, which included an attack on a Jordanian-Palestinian Muslim wedding, sparked widespread outrage among Jordanians who had been sympathetic to insurgents battling the U.S. military presence in Iraq.

Al-Zarqawi's group has vowed more strikes in Jordan, a U.S. ally that signed a peace treaty with Israel in 1994 and has been the target of several Al Qaeda terror plots because of its moderate stance and vocal criticism of extremist Islamic groups.

Jordan's State Security Court has sentenced Al-Zarqawi to death in absentia three times for involvement in terror plots against his native country. One of the attacks was the assassination of U.S. aid official Laurence Foley, who was gunned down in Amman in 2002.

In the last two years, Al-Zarqawi has been blamed for several failed terror plots in Jordan, including Aug. 19 missile strikes that narrowly missed two U.S. warships docked in the Red Sea port of Aqaba and another one involving a chemical attack on the Amman headquarters of the country's intelligence agency

StcChief
06-08-2006, 08:02 AM
"We expected that he would be martyred," he said, in a low voice, signaling his grief over the death of his brother, whose real name is Ahmed Fadhil Nazzal al-Khalayleh.

"We hope that he will join other martyrs in heaven," he added.
The virgins await his arrival. ROFL

I think he will be sadly surprised...his vision of heaven isn't what he expected. It's called HELL.

Chiefnj
06-08-2006, 08:02 AM
Fox picks up the AP story, but the presentation/headlines is noticibly different.

Is it really a "downer" that MSNBC focuses on the quote that a family members hopes he will be replaced by a 1000 others while Fox omits the quote?

Bootlegged
06-08-2006, 08:13 AM
Is it really a "downer" that MSNBC focuses on the quote that a family members hopes he will be replaced by a 1000 others while Fox omits the quote?

The tone of the stories is very telling. Same AP Story.

Headline from Newsweek/MSNBC

Headline from Fox
Al-Zarqawi's Brother Says Family Expected His Death

Newsweek/MSNBC
Not all on his side

FoxAl-Zarqawi claimed responsibility for the deadly attacks on the three Amman-based Western hotels, which killed 63 people, including three Iraqi suicide bombers whom Al-Zarqawi said he had sent them on a suicide mission to Jordan.

The bombings, which included an attack on a Jordanian-Palestinian Muslim wedding, sparked widespread outrage among Jordanians who had been sympathetic to insurgents battling the U.S. military presence in Iraq.

Al-Zarqawi's group has vowed more strikes in Jordan, a U.S. ally that signed a peace treaty with Israel in 1994 and has been the target of several Al Qaeda terror plots because of its moderate stance and vocal criticism of extremist Islamic groups.

Jordan's State Security Court has sentenced Al-Zarqawi to death in absentia three times for involvement in terror plots against his native country. One of the attacks was the assassination of U.S. aid official Laurence Foley, who was gunned down in Amman in 2002.

In the last two years, Al-Zarqawi has been blamed for several failed terror plots in Jordan, including Aug. 19 missile strikes that narrowly missed two U.S. warships docked in the Red Sea port of Aqaba and another one involving a chemical attack on the Amman headquarters of the country's intelligence agency

Iowanian
06-08-2006, 08:14 AM
It sounds like his funeral in his home town would be a good place for a daisy cutter.

With a little luck, may Bin Laden and Omar join him in hell for the swine orgy.

alpha_omega
06-08-2006, 08:16 AM
Excellent news....

No thousand virgins for you...enjoy your one way ticket to hell!!!!!

jlscorpio
06-08-2006, 08:17 AM
props Iowanian

Lzen
06-08-2006, 08:20 AM

ROFL

Wow.

Do these people actually believe the crap they spew? :shake:

Anyways, I think we should all eat cake in the streets. :D

Frazod
06-08-2006, 08:41 AM
It sounds like his funeral in his home town would be a good place for a daisy cutter.

No kidding. Every time something big happens, these f#ckers all grab their guns and congregate in huge groups out in the open. I don't understand why we don't ever take advantage of that. Like anybody in attendance at this scumbag's funeral won't be piece of shit.

stevieray
06-08-2006, 08:46 AM

Why are you here?

ct
06-08-2006, 08:55 AM

MSNBC News Services

Family gathers at home

Not all on his side

This is the sad friggin state of Islam. These political radicals hiding behind religious martydom. These clowns are not true Islam, they are terrorists, period.

Halfcan
06-08-2006, 09:07 AM
Are they that stoopid to think this guy will end up in heaven?? He is burning in hell where he belongs!

Radar Chief
06-08-2006, 09:11 AM
Are they that stoopid to think this guy will end up in heaven?? He is burning in hell where he belongs!

Get’n a pineapple shoved up’is azz backwards.

Halfcan
06-08-2006, 09:34 AM
Get’n a pineapple shoved up’is azz backwards.

OUCH! Too bad they didn't get the rest of those fuggers. IMO Bin Laden has been dead for a while now.

Eleazar
06-08-2006, 09:37 AM
No kidding. Every time something big happens, these f#ckers all grab their guns and congregate in huge groups out in the open. I don't understand why we don't ever take advantage of that. Like anybody in attendance at this scumbag's funeral won't be piece of shit.

I don't think we would be losing a whole lot of productive members of society if something like that happened.

Radar Chief
06-08-2006, 09:38 AM
IMO Bin Laden has been dead for a while now.

Same here. Personal opinion, but I think he’s buried under several thousand tons of rock at Tora Bora.

stevieray
06-08-2006, 09:39 AM
Same here. Personal opinion, but I think he’s buried under several thousand tons of rock at Tora Bora.

We can only hope.

Halfcan
06-08-2006, 09:44 AM

You are exactly right-when you think back-that was the last new video footage of the azzhole-since then it has been scratchy audio tapes.

We were dropping 2000 lb Bunker buster on that place-hard to make a fast getaway on a freakin camel.

Halfcan
06-08-2006, 09:46 AM
I wish we would have got this guy alive though-put his little d#ck in a vice until he ratted out all his buddies. Then burned him at the stake on national TV.

BIG_DADDY
06-08-2006, 09:52 AM

With a little luck, may Bin Laden and Omar join him in hell for the swine orgy.

I agree, everyone there is most likely a terrorist or terrorist supporter. meme will be grieving for days.

Halfcan
06-08-2006, 10:10 AM
Hey its fair play-they have bombed many funerals. NUKE EM!!

Chiefnj
06-08-2006, 10:20 AM
Unfortunately, at times you have to fight terrorism with terrorism. It is difficult to do so with the mindset of the nation and the mixed messages sent to the troops from their commanders and the constant media coverage.

JBucc
06-08-2006, 10:22 AM
Reminds me of those nazi parade videos and I always thought how much trouble we could have saved if we just carpet bombed a few of those things.

Bootlegged
06-08-2006, 10:48 AM
http://hosted.ap.org/photos/3/3d9b2a1d-459a-4eed-a285-9b0727ab5493-big.jpg

new avatar for memyidolgotaphuking1000lbombuphisass

BigMeatballDave
06-08-2006, 10:50 AM
http://www.ogrish.com/archives/2006/june/ogrish-dot-com-zarqawi1.jpg

new avatar for memyidolgotaphuking1000lbombuphisassSomeone put "OWN3D!" on that...
ROFL

Radar Chief
06-08-2006, 10:52 AM
http://www.ogrish.com/archives/2006/june/ogrish-dot-com-zarqawi1.jpg

new avatar for memyidolgotaphuking1000lbombuphisass

Clint in Wichita
06-08-2006, 10:57 AM

Heaven and hell don't exist, but at least he's no longer a nuisance to the living.

Iraq will continue to be a cluster-fu_k, maybe even worse now that they have a new martyr.

go bo
06-08-2006, 12:27 PM
No kidding. Every time something big happens, these f#ckers all grab their guns and congregate in huge groups out in the open. I don't understand why we don't ever take advantage of that. Like anybody in attendance at this scumbag's funeral won't be piece of shit.it sure is an appealing idea, but even the israelis haven't gone that far...

despite their notion of martyrdom, i don't think we'll see the dancing in the streets this time...

BucEyedPea
06-08-2006, 12:29 PM
..despite their notion of martyrdom, i don't think we'll see the dancing in the streets this time...

Right. If anything he was responsible for Muslim's questioning such tactics.

Anyhow...good riddance...may his virgin's all be clones of Anne Coulter! :fire:

BIG_DADDY
06-08-2006, 01:04 PM
Berg: No good in al-Zarqawi's death

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/news/breaking_news/14770139.htm

You could fill a ship with people like this and sink it and it wouldn't bother me a bit.

Donger
06-08-2006, 01:06 PM

You could fill a ship with people like this and sink it and it wouldn't bother me a bit.

Wow. Just f*cking wow.

"Zarqawi felt my son's breath on his hand as held the knife against his throat. Zarqawi had to look in his eyes when he did it," Berg added, pausing to collect himself. "George Bush sits there glassy-eyed in his office with pieces of paper and condemns people to death. That to me is a real terrorist."

Chief Faithful
06-08-2006, 01:07 PM

Jungle Law (http://www.michaelyon-online.com/wp/jungle-law.htm)

Sometimes we they do, here is an excerpt from an interesting article.

Like the time when some ISF were driving and got blasted by an IED, causing numerous casualties and preventing them from recovering the vehicle. The terrorists came out and did their rifle-pumping-in-the-air thing, shooting AKs, dancing around like monkeys. Videos went ’round the world, making it appear the terrorists were running Mosul, which was pretty much what was being reported at the time.

But that wasn’t the whole story. In the Yarmuk neighborhood, only terrorists openly carry AK-47s. The lawyers call this Hostile Intent. The soldiers call this Dead Man Walking.

Deuce Four is an overwhelmingly aggressive and effective unit, and they believe the best defense is a dead enemy. They are constantly thinking up innovative, unique, and effective ways to kill or capture the enemy; proactive not reactive. They planned an operation with snipers, making it appear that an ISF vehicle had been attacked, complete with explosives and flash-bang grenades to simulate the IED. The simulated casualty evacuation of sand dummies completed the ruse.

The Deuce Four soldiers left quickly with the “casualties,” “abandoning” the burning truck in the traffic circle. The enemy took the bait. Terrorists came out and started with the AK-rifle-monkey-pump, shooting into the truck, their own video crews capturing the moment of glory. That’s when the American snipers opened fire and killed everybody with a weapon. Until now, only insiders knew about the AK-monkey-pumpers smack-down.

BIG_DADDY
06-08-2006, 01:14 PM
Wow. Just f*cking wow.

"Zarqawi felt my son's breath on his hand as held the knife against his throat. Zarqawi had to look in his eyes when he did it," Berg added, pausing to collect himself. "George Bush sits there glassy-eyed in his office with pieces of paper and condemns people to death. That to me is a real terrorist."

Liberals like this are insane literally. lil momma and I went Bezerkely recently and were having lunch at this restaurant when I jokingly said "we should move here". In a serious tone she says "if you move here I will leave you". I say "why would you say something like that". She says "because I would. Look at these people here they are sick (mentally) really sick. I rufuse to live with a bunch of sick wackos". This comes from somebody who was a life long Democrat until the Clinton Administration when she changed to the Libertarian party.

StcChief
06-08-2006, 01:14 PM

Yep. Same as the bus full of Lawyers going over the cliff.

ct
06-08-2006, 01:17 PM

Like the time when some ISF were driving and got blasted by an IED, causing numerous casualties and preventing them from recovering the vehicle. The terrorists came out and did their rifle-pumping-in-the-air thing, shooting AKs, dancing around like monkeys. Videos went ’round the world, making it appear the terrorists were running Mosul, which was pretty much what was being reported at the time.

But that wasn’t the whole story. In the Yarmuk neighborhood, only terrorists openly carry AK-47s. The lawyers call this Hostile Intent. The soldiers call this Dead Man Walking.

Deuce Four is an overwhelmingly aggressive and effective unit, and they believe the best defense is a dead enemy. They are constantly thinking up innovative, unique, and effective ways to kill or capture the enemy; proactive not reactive. They planned an operation with snipers, making it appear that an ISF vehicle had been attacked, complete with explosives and flash-bang grenades to simulate the IED. The simulated casualty evacuation of sand dummies completed the ruse.

The Deuce Four soldiers left quickly with the “casualties,” “abandoning” the burning truck in the traffic circle. The enemy took the bait. Terrorists came out and started with the AK-rifle-monkey-pump, shooting into the truck, their own video crews capturing the moment of glory. That’s when the American snipers opened fire and killed everybody with a weapon. Until now, only insiders knew about the AK-monkey-pumpers smack-down.

Awesome!!

Radar Chief
06-08-2006, 01:33 PM
Wow. Just f*cking wow.

Yea, I heard that interview on the radio this morning and that’s ‘bout all I could say. Just fugg’n wow. :eek: :shake:

BIG_DADDY
06-08-2006, 01:36 PM
Yea, I heard that interview on the radio this morning and that’s ‘bout all I could say. Just fugg’n wow. :eek: :shake:

Bezerkely is filled with people like that.

ChiefaRoo
06-08-2006, 01:39 PM
Who?

Jesus, read front page of the newspaper Saul and quit blowing Huggy.

ChiefaRoo
06-08-2006, 01:42 PM

Your joking right?

Radar Chief
06-08-2006, 01:42 PM
Bezerkely is filled with people like that.

Just make sure you get out before “the big one” hits drop’n Cali off in the ocean and they all drown while blame’n it on Bush. ;)

ChiefaRoo
06-08-2006, 01:46 PM
Liberals like this are insane literally. lil momma and I went Bezerkely recently and were having lunch at this restaurant when I jokingly said "we should move here". In a serious tone she says "if you move here I will leave you". I say "why would you say something like that". She says "because I would. Look at these people here they are sick (mentally) really sick. I rufuse to live with a bunch of sick wackos". This comes from somebody who was a life long Democrat until the Clinton Administration when she changed to the Libertarian party.

Does your wife have an unmarried sister? Well said.

BIG_DADDY
06-08-2006, 01:55 PM
Does your wife have an unmarried sister? Well said.

Yea but her sister is nothing like her. Believe you me when I say you don't want to go there.

banyon
06-08-2006, 02:06 PM
If the following is true, then it is even better news than the news of Zarqawi's death, IMO

Omar reports that one reason Zarqawi was killed is that locals turned him in. The beheadings and brutality backfired, finally persuading the locals to give real intelligence - the best kind:

It was quite visible lately that Hibhib became a place for intense terror activity, especially after the phenomenon of severed heads appeared. Severed heads of civilian Iraqis were found twice in fruit boxes in and around Hibhib; a terrible crime that shocked Iraqis.
Also a few days ago 19 passengers, mostly students were murdered in cold blood just north of Hibhib which indicated that a seriously bloody terror cell was in this area.
There had been several reports about Zarqawi fleeing Anbar to Diyala after the tribes in Ramadi turned against al-Qaeda but obviously, Diyala and its suburbs and Iraqi tribes were not willing to endorse the head chopping criminal.

Excellent. Jordan may also have helped kill their former resident:

In the first official confirmation, PM al-Maliki said that Jordan has provided intelligence that was used in the raid on Zaraqwi's hiding place but he also stressed that tips from locals were the primary lead to Zarqawi's exact location and these were the information according to which the missiles were guided.

Donger
06-08-2006, 02:08 PM
and these were the information according to which the missiles were guided.

Missiles?

Calcountry
06-08-2006, 02:10 PM
Great news. Now bring the troops home.I am quite sure you didn't want the 2 500 pound bombs to be in theatre in the first place. The troop that pulled the trigger, may God bless him and his entire family.

Calcountry
06-08-2006, 02:12 PM
Does your wife have an unmarried sister? Well said.Obviously, you are a n00b.

ROFL

FAX
06-08-2006, 02:14 PM
Wow. Just f*cking wow.

I hope that this man is insane with grief. It's the only possible explanation for this absurd statement.

What kind of father would feel this way about his son's murderer? It's incomprehensible.

FAX

alanm
06-08-2006, 02:15 PM

Adapting and overcoming to achieve success. :thumb: :D

Halfcan
06-08-2006, 02:17 PM
Iran should be next, but it looks like we are going to pay them off-freakin terrorist!

Iowanian
06-08-2006, 02:18 PM
Michael yon has tons of great columns like that. everyone should read his blog from day one through today.

BigOlChiefsfan
06-08-2006, 02:21 PM
Like Osama bin Hidin this guy wanted to impose his beliefs on everyone in the whole world. Bring down the West, bring back the Caliphate. Anybody who disagreed with him had to die, Inshallah. No 'live and let live', it was always 'my way or the I'll chop off your head way, badly'. Incompetent butcher that he was, he cut off the head of Nick Berg on film just because he COULD get away with it. For this 'courageous' act, Al Queda named him 'emir' or 'prince' of Al Queda in Iraq. Now he's just the hatchet artist formerly known as 'prince'.
After several news reports of his death in the past, Centcom is showing photos/verifying fingerprints & scars/sending DNA for testing and cynic tho I am, I do believe he's dead. Why? Today the air smells a little better, that's why. One more head chpping, freedom-sucking fascist, gone from the world. Zarquawi was an enemy of freedom, and the world is a better place without him. Anyone who's NOT a terrorist or suffering from Bush Derangement Syndrome should be happy he's dead. BDS victims, don't worry. Bush will say something you think is stupid soon and y'all can throw a brand new hissyfit. And you can always keep bringing Haditha, Gitmo and Abu Graib front and center. Bush is de debil!

But Zarkman, he dead. Inshallah.

FAX
06-08-2006, 02:23 PM

What an awesome site, Mr. Chief Faithful. Thanks for posting this. I was unaware that this site existed.

FAX

banyon
06-08-2006, 02:26 PM
Missiles?
? It was an airstrike, right?

Iowanian
06-08-2006, 02:27 PM
2 500lb GPS guided bombs is what they were.

Radar Chief
06-08-2006, 02:27 PM

Laser guided bombs, dude. Two of’em, 500 lbs each. ;)

Radar Chief
06-08-2006, 02:28 PM
2 500lb GPS guided bombs is what they were.

GPS or Laser guided? :shrug:

Donger
06-08-2006, 02:29 PM

Pfft. You probably refer to SAMs as "SAM missiles" too, right?

just giving you a hard time.

Iowanian
06-08-2006, 02:30 PM
This morning, I thought they said GPS......aquire the target, enter the coordinates and blam!

Laser....some spec ops guy sitting at an elevated position, with a laser on the target.

Either way....ding dong the bitch is dead.

Donger
06-08-2006, 02:32 PM
This morning, I thought they said GPS......aquire the target, enter the coordinates and blam!

Laser....some spec ops guy sitting at an elevated position, with a laser on the target.

I think they were LGBs. And, the lasing was done from another F-16, I believe.

FAX
06-08-2006, 02:34 PM

True, true.

I wish that they had gotten the opportunity to torture him for a while though.

This seems like an easy way out for him. Death by pork chop would have been much more appropriate. Maybe they'll bury him with a pigs' head.

FAX

Iowanian
06-08-2006, 02:34 PM
Thats very possible, and I've been couped up all day with no tv news.

Either way.....the head cutting, pig mollester is a worm farm now.

It does almost seem inappropriate that he was given such a quick ending.

Radar Chief
06-08-2006, 02:37 PM

Agreed, not as concerned with how, just glad he’s gone.

Radar Chief
06-08-2006, 02:38 PM
I think they were LGBs. And, the lasing was done from another F-16, I believe.

There’s video of it at this CNN link.
Also video of the reaction when it’s announce he’s been smoked.

Donger
06-08-2006, 02:42 PM

Yep, LGBs. Thanks.

This bothers me a bit.

"Last night was the first time that we have had definitive, unquestionable information as to exactly where [al-Zarqawi] was located, knowing that we could strike that target without causing collateral damage to other Iraqi civilians and personnel in the area," Caldwell said."

Chief Faithful
06-08-2006, 02:43 PM
If the following is true, then it is even better news than the news of Zarqawi's death, IMO

Omar reports that one reason Zarqawi was killed is that locals turned him in. The beheadings and brutality backfired, finally persuading the locals to give real intelligence - the best kind:

It was quite visible lately that Hibhib became a place for intense terror activity, especially after the phenomenon of severed heads appeared. Severed heads of civilian Iraqis were found twice in fruit boxes in and around Hibhib; a terrible crime that shocked Iraqis.
Also a few days ago 19 passengers, mostly students were murdered in cold blood just north of Hibhib which indicated that a seriously bloody terror cell was in this area.
There had been several reports about Zarqawi fleeing Anbar to Diyala after the tribes in Ramadi turned against al-Qaeda but obviously, Diyala and its suburbs and Iraqi tribes were not willing to endorse the head chopping criminal.

Excellent. Jordan may also have helped kill their former resident:

In the first official confirmation, PM al-Maliki said that Jordan has provided intelligence that was used in the raid on Zaraqwi's hiding place but he also stressed that tips from locals were the primary lead to Zarqawi's exact location and these were the information according to which the missiles were guided.

I read a military article once that said everytime they get a big target the people gain confidence and start sharing more. It also helps that more and more of the hot zones are being turned over to the ISF because people want to share info with their own troops. This combination of events makes me think there is going to be more and more information coming in especially after the locals see what happens to a person with $25M in bounty.

Chief Faithful
06-08-2006, 02:45 PM
Anyone who's NOT a terrorist or suffering from Bush Derangement Syndrome should be happy he's dead.

Nice new term, "Bush Derangement Syndrome". :clap:

BIG_DADDY
06-08-2006, 02:47 PM

Cool, thanks.

banyon
06-08-2006, 03:00 PM
Pfft. You probably refer to SAMs as "SAM missiles" too, right?

just giving you a hard time.

:redface: I didn't check that out in the original article.

All I know about Missiles and Bombs and such comes from playing G.I. Joe as a kid and thumbing through Jane's and stuff in middle school.

The important part was the part of the piece that reflects that maybe there is some real progress being made in winning the hearts and minds.

Logical
06-08-2006, 03:21 PM
... One more head chpping, freedom-sucking fascist, gone from the world. Zarquawi was an enemy of freedom, and the world is a better place without him. Anyone who's NOT a terrorist or suffering from Bush Derangement Syndrome should be happy he's dead. ...

Hell I suppose I could be classified as suffering from BDS and I am happy he is dead. That does not make Bush a better President but his death is good for the world's stability and a hearty good job to the military goes out from me.

BIG_DADDY
06-08-2006, 03:23 PM
Hell I suppose I could be classified as suffering from BDS and I am happy he is dead. That does not make Bush a better President but his death is good for the world's stability and a hearty good job to the military goes out from me.

Your little terrorist sympathizing friend must be in mourning today.

Duck Dog
06-08-2006, 03:44 PM
Your little terrorist sympathizing friend must be in mourning today.

Too bad the slit wasn't playing 'human shield' for Zarquawi at the time.

BucEyedPea
06-08-2006, 03:48 PM
All I know about Missiles and Bombs and such comes from playing G.I. Joe as a kid and thumbing through Jane's and stuff in middle school.

You too, eh? I used have Barbie date Gi Joe just to make Ken jealous. :redface: :p

Halfcan
06-08-2006, 03:59 PM
Cool video!

memyselfI
06-08-2006, 04:22 PM
Well, it's been a number of hours since this announcement was made and as I suspected most analysts believe this was a good thing but no one is really thinking it means much in the grand scheme of the war in Iraq or the WOT. IIRC the WH recently had an interesting position of presenting AZ's diminishing worth and relevance in an attempt to undermine his influence with both the terrorist element and the insurgent element within Iraq.

So good work for getting this particular job done. The WH can only hope this didn't happen too late or too soon and that they've not succeeded in undermining their own efforts with their previous dismissing of him and his worth.

Donger
06-08-2006, 04:29 PM
Well, it's been a number of hours since this announcement was made and as I suspected most analysts believe this was a good thing but no one is really thinking it means much in the grand scheme of the war in Iraq or the WOT. IIRC the WH recently had an interesting position of presenting AZ's diminishing worth and relevance in an attempt to undermine his influence with both the terrorist element and the insurgent element within Iraq.

So good work for getting this particular job done. The WH can only hope this didn't happen too late or too soon and that they've not succeeded in undermining their own efforts with their previous dismissing of him and his worth.

Well, I'm glad to see that you think killing terrorists is "a good thing."

BIG_DADDY
06-08-2006, 04:32 PM
Too bad the slit wasn't playing 'human shield' for Zarquawi at the time.

They thought she was that's why they sent the 2nd 500 pound bomb. ROFL

BIG_DADDY
06-08-2006, 04:34 PM
Well, I'm glad to see that you think killing terrorists is "a good thing."

Psyyyyyyyyyche!

Donger
06-08-2006, 04:39 PM
Psyyyyyyyyyche!

What?

BIG_DADDY
06-08-2006, 04:42 PM
What?

Psyyyyyyyche!!! Does that help?

Eleazar
06-08-2006, 04:42 PM
Random question - what will become of his body?

BIG_DADDY
06-08-2006, 04:45 PM
Random question - what will become of his body?

Stuff it with pork rinds and use him for a pinata.

Donger
06-08-2006, 04:46 PM
Psyyyyyyyche!!! Does that help?

No. It doesn't.

BIG_DADDY
06-08-2006, 04:51 PM
No. It doesn't.
ROFL

You wrote it's good to see that she thinks killing terrorists is a good thing and I am saying jihad jane just gave you the head fake and you took it.

JBucc
06-08-2006, 04:52 PM
Stuff it with pork rinds and use him for a pinata.Seems like a waste of good pork rinds

Rain Man
06-08-2006, 04:55 PM
If I see any Palestinian news cameras around here, I'm going to dance in the street and ululate like they did on 9/11. Let's see how they like it.

BIG_DADDY
Seems like a waste of good pork rinds

OK toss him in a very deep hole and throw a porta potty over that bad boy.

Donger
ROFL

You wrote it's good to see that she thinks killing terrorists is a good thing and I am saying jihad jane just gave you the head fake and you took it.

It's possible that she really does believe it.

BIG_DADDY
06-08-2006, 04:58 PM
It's possible that she really does believe it.

It's also possible she is satan's spawn and highly more likely.

Eleazar
06-08-2006, 05:02 PM
If I see any Palestinian news cameras around here, I'm going to dance in the street and ululate like they did on 9/11. Let's see how they like it.

You should get a triple word score for using "ululate".

Raiderhater
06-08-2006, 05:07 PM

How utterly pathetic.

Raiderhater
06-08-2006, 05:09 PM
It's also possible she is satan's spawn and highly more likely.

I'd put money on it.

KChiefsQT
06-08-2006, 05:11 PM
Raaw Raaw Ree. About damn time. This shit pissed me off last night when I couldn't sleep @ 1 AM and I was all into Oprah's episode and "SPECIAL REPORT" pops up... Arghhh! Could've just said, "we killed him", but no... I had to listen to it for a good 15 minutes!

Bwana
06-08-2006, 05:17 PM
Outstanding, one less POS on this earth. Sorry for your loss meme.

KChiefsQT
06-08-2006, 05:19 PM
Outstanding, one less POS on this earth. Sorry for your loss meme.

I heard they are selling his turban on e-bay. Maybe we can all pitch in and give it to her as a grieving gift. Just a thought. :p

penchief
06-08-2006, 05:19 PM

This sounds like good news but please quit overreacting to something, that even if true, probably won't make a bit of difference on the ground. Hell, for all we know Cheneyburton probably has bin Laden frozen somewhere so they can break him out just in time to repeal the 22nd Ammendment.

Every bit of so-called good news that has eminated from Iraq and which some of you seem to jump on in order to spout your special brand of venom either turns out to be suspect, not true at all, or totally insignificant to the big picture.

While I'm sure you feel wholly vindicated by these reports time will tell what the reality is.

Bwana
06-08-2006, 05:23 PM
I heard they are selling his turban on e-bay. Maybe we can all pitch in and give it to her as a grieving gift. Just a thought. :p

Heh, no kidding. :hmmm:

BIG_DADDY
06-08-2006, 05:24 PM
Maybe lace it with a little anthrax. :hmmm:

KChiefsQT
06-08-2006, 05:29 PM
Maybe lace it with a little anthrax. :hmmm:
Pssst! No one's supposed to know I keep that shit quiet! Crazy lady's gonna have the FBI @ my door in a matter of minutes. Thanks! :p

BIG_DADDY
06-08-2006, 05:33 PM
Pssst! No one's supposed to know I keep that shit quiet! Crazy lady's gonna have the FBI @ my door in a matter of minutes. Thanks! :p

FBI isn't going to do anything for Allah's little whore.

Raiderhater
06-08-2006, 05:39 PM
This sounds like good news but please quit overreacting to something, that even if true, probably won't make a bit of difference on the ground. Hell, for all we know Cheneyburton probably has bin Laden frozen somewhere so they can break him out just in time to repeal the 22nd Ammendment.

Every bit of so-called good news that has eminated from Iraq and which some of you seem to jump on in order to spout your special brand of venom either turns out to be suspect, not true at all, or totally insignificant to the big picture.

While I'm sure you feel wholly vindicated by these reports time will tell what the reality is.

Do you ever get tired of living in a world of conspiracy theories?

OldTownChief
06-08-2006, 06:15 PM
Rep to the mods for allowing this ONE to stay in the main forum.

Good Guys - 1
meme - 0

penchief
06-08-2006, 06:22 PM
Do you ever get tired of living in a world of conspiracy theories?

Aside from the bin Laden comment, which was an attempt at cynical humor, what is conspiratorial about the point of my comments? The answer is nothing. If anything, recent history only reinforces my point.

Calcountry
06-08-2006, 06:33 PM
Laser guided bombs, dude. Two of’em, 500 lbs each. ;)Dems pretty big nuthooks.

Calcountry
06-08-2006, 06:36 PM

Either way....ding dong the bitch is dead.Ding dong the bitch is dead, which ole bitch, the wicked bitch, ding dong the wicked bitch is dead, ahhh. He's gone where the virgins go below, below his dirty hole, lets open up and...

You can dance if you want to....

Calcountry
06-08-2006, 06:38 PM
True, true.

I wish that they had gotten the opportunity to torture him for a while though.

This seems like an easy way out for him. Death by pork chop would have been much more appropriate. Maybe they'll bury him with a pigs' head.

FAXThe way to win this war, is to internet stream some GI's pissing on his corpse.

But nOOOOOO, the libbies couldn't stand for that, we are the US, we are much better than that.

penchief
06-08-2006, 06:46 PM
The way to win this war, is to internet stream some GI's pissing on his corpse.

But nOOOOOO, the libbies couldn't stand for that, we are the US, we are much better than that.

Yes, we are much better than that. Considering that a lot of Americans were labeled as terrorists for disagreeing with this administration's insanity, wouldn't you be concerned that pissing on the corpse of a terrorist could be a gateway drug to pissing on the corpses of Americans?

I think Zarquawi's demise is a good thing but let's not get carried away.

Bootlegged
06-08-2006, 07:16 PM

What color is the sky in your world?

OldTownChief
06-08-2006, 07:17 PM
Dems pretty big nuthooks.

ROFL The Ultimate Nuthooks.

OldTownChief
06-08-2006, 07:20 PM
wouldn't you be concerned that pissing on the corpse of a terrorist could be a gateway drug to pissing on the corpses of Americans?

Oh Noooooooo They haven''t done anything near that despicable.

penchief
06-08-2006, 07:26 PM
What color is the sky in your world?

Blue when the sky is clear.

OldTownChief
06-08-2006, 07:29 PM
It's sickening to watch the lefties melt down over this accomplishment.

alanm
06-08-2006, 07:30 PM

Today's news just really ruined your day didn't it. ROFL

Bootlegged
06-08-2006, 07:30 PM
Blue when the sky is clear.

And batshit crazy all other times. Don't you have some people to fight in a parking lot or something? Maybe you should take off the Spock ears, put down the cheap Rum and go exercise.

|Zach|
06-08-2006, 07:36 PM
we are the US, we are much better than that.
I like it that way.

Don't you? :hmmm:

recxjake
06-08-2006, 07:39 PM

alanm
06-08-2006, 07:42 PM
i had no clue that this board had so many conservatives......

what a great day for America... hopefully Bush and co and get Biny right before the 06 elections and keep control of the house and senate
You must forgive us. We're the ones with jobs and therefor don't have all day to post in the DC. :p

recxjake
06-08-2006, 07:44 PM
You must forgive us. We're the ones with jobs and therefor don't have all day to post in the DC. :p

haha... my bumber sticker reads.... "Annoy a liberal, work hard and be happy" and my other one says... "Vote Democrat, it's easier then working"

Ugly Duck
06-08-2006, 09:05 PM
Why are you here?To rejoice at Al Zaqueeri's death and to reiterate that our boys should come home now - re-read my post... its pretty starightforward.

stevieray
06-08-2006, 09:10 PM
To rejoice at Al Zaqueeri's death and to reiterate that our boys should come home now - re-read my post... its pretty starightforward.

you are here to rejoice?

sorry, I don't buy it.

BIG K
06-08-2006, 09:13 PM
-- Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, the most wanted terrorist in Iraq,
is dead, according to an aide to Iraq's prime minister.

CNN.com's Breaking News E-Mail Alert

I don't think it will make much of difference,(Zarqawi's death) in the troubles our troops face over there, but it is good to see that ******'s dead body....

Ugly Duck
06-08-2006, 09:16 PM
you are here to rejoice?

sorry, I don't buy it.I don't buy that you don't buy it.... even lefties wanna see Bin Hidin & crew get stopped. We are not enemies of America, but I suspect that you secretly know that.

Logical
06-08-2006, 09:27 PM
Rep to the mods for allowing this ONE to stay in the main forum.

...I am as happy as anyone is that it was allowed to stay, but you have to wonder why it was allowed to stay?

stevieray
06-08-2006, 09:28 PM
I don't buy that you don't buy it.... even lefties wanna see Bin Hidin & crew get stopped. We are not enemies of America, but I suspect that you secretly know that.

I don't secretly know anything.

what I do know is that you've spent years using a Chiefs board as a vehicle to play a bad comedian for the democraric underground.

Logical
06-08-2006, 09:29 PM
I don't buy that you don't buy it.... even lefties wanna see Bin Hidin & crew get stopped. We are not enemies of America, but I suspect that you secretly know that.I find it odd that some not all of the folks on the right feel the need to doubt fellow Americans when they claim they want to see the positive instead of the negative. But then that is just my quirky inner self coming out.

ChiefaRoo
06-08-2006, 09:30 PM
GPS or Laser guided? :shrug:

One of each according to FOX

dtebbe
06-08-2006, 09:41 PM
I think we should all go dance in the street and burn towels.

Maybe we could get on Al-Jazeera.

DT

Brock
06-08-2006, 09:46 PM
I find it odd that some not all of the folks on the right feel the need to doubt fellow Americans when they claim they want to see the positive instead of the negative. But then that is just my quirky inner self coming out.

I find it odd that some people think that the death of one man means the job is done. Not really odd, more like very, very ignorant.

|Zach|
06-08-2006, 10:27 PM
haha... my bumber sticker reads.... "Annoy a liberal, work hard and be happy" and my other one says... "Vote Democrat, it's easier then working"
Ah, you are "that" guy.

Sorry bud.

Oxford
06-08-2006, 10:30 PM
Born defeated, died in vain
Super destructive you were hooked on pain
and though your music lingers on,
all of us are glad you're gone.
If I could live my life half as worthlessly as you.
I'm convinced I'd wind up burning too.

Rot-in-hell Al Zarquawi

Eleazar
06-08-2006, 10:32 PM
Ah, you are "that" guy.

Sorry bud.

No "buy American"? Not even a "Local No. 2"?

Color me shocked.

58-4ever
06-08-2006, 10:32 PM
A bulliten posted by a friend who Zarquawi affected personally:

I am a little ashamed of my reaction to the news that we killed the insurgent leader zarquwi.I am truely happy to know that he is dead!!

For those that know me,you might find it odd for me to celebrate anyone's death.This guy was different!!zarquwi beheaded someone I knew and considered a friend.Nick Berg, the young man shown on tv wearing the orange jumpsuit just before zarquwi cut his head off.

Nick Berg was a student at OU and was a regular customer of mine at the Deli.He was a good guy,who just wanted to help people.The last time I talked to Nick he was going to Africa to help build homes for people using a brink made from recycled paper.He was excited to put the things he had learned in college to uses to help people.How he got to Iraq I don't know.I heard he was working on radio towers,but who knows?

I am no fan of war or killing,but it is nice to know that the "man" that killed Nick won't put another family through the horror of watching their son die on tv.

Doug

P.S. I bet zarquwi is wondering where his 19 virgins are and why paradise is hotter than Iraq!!!

BucEyedPea
06-08-2006, 10:54 PM
I was just reading that there were 9 more heads in banana boxes strewn along the road about 10 miles from where Z was. These were recently on the rise.
Also, read that it was a 2 month effort to concentrate on getting Z!

memyselfI
06-09-2006, 05:23 AM
I don't buy that you don't buy it.... even lefties wanna see Bin Hidin & crew get stopped. We are not enemies of America, but I suspect that you secretly know that.

Exactly. This is good news...

because it means our troops are one step closer to getting out of a quagmire. More importantly it shows that targeted special forces could achieve such missions in the future without all the death and dollars we've wasted.

Funny, I argued that strategy would be more effective than ground troops almost four years ago. :hmmm: I remember Russ having a hard time swallowing that such a plan would work. And that because it was assassination (in SH's case) we can't do it because it's 'against the law.' ROFL

penchief
06-09-2006, 05:45 AM
Today's news just really ruined your day didn't it. ROFL

No. You guys are really special. I've already said this is good news. My comments go to the fact that there are still people on this board that will use good news to attack others for personal reasons. If you read my first post you'll see that is what I responded to. I was only trying to point out that later on when nothing has changed on the ground the only thing that was accomplished was that a lot of people got the opportunity to make accusations about the patriotism of fellow planeteers.

Why are there so many people that want to accuse those they've disagreed with as hating America and wanting America to fail? Because we think the Bush Administration is the worst thing to happen to this country in our lifetime? I wouldn't be so pissed about the way his cabal is running our country into the ground if I didn't love my country and didn't want to see it succeed.

In fact, your comment above insinuates that I'm lying when I say that it is good news. Again, I was responding to those who take these bits of news and use them to single out other posters for personal attack.

After they get their venom out of their system nobody recognizes later on that nothing has really changed. There always seems to be a new Zarquawi. When things actually change then I'll be doing a happy dance. Until then I'm going to be critical of this administration because I don't agree with anything they do because everything they do serves the same master. And that master ain't the people they are supposed to serve.

penchief
06-09-2006, 05:54 AM
I find it odd that some people think that the death of one man means the job is done. Not really odd, more like very, very ignorant.

Couldn't agree with you more.

And those who are behaving like the job is done by using this news as an opportunity to take cheap shots at those who point out otherwise are putting the proverbial cart before the horse, IMO.

Brock
06-09-2006, 05:56 AM

And those who are behaving like the job is done by using this news as an opportunity to take cheap shots at those who point out otherwise are putting the proverbial cart before the horse, IMO.

So I guess I can assume you're NOT in favor of pulling the troops out now?

Bootlegged
06-09-2006, 06:26 AM

Who here said the job is done? Keep talking out both sides of your ASS.

penchief
06-09-2006, 06:34 AM
So I guess I can assume you're NOT in favor of pulling the troops out now?

No. I'm in favor of establishing stability through whatever means is possible. Then getting out. My hope is that we can gracefully extract ourselves from this mess in a way that we can eventually salvage our integrity and our wolrld influence.

That's why I keep harping on this administration. Their rhetoric and their policy decisions leave me with no confidence that they have the will or the desire to do things properly if it means abandoning their ideological and monetary agendas.

penchief
06-09-2006, 06:36 AM
Who here said the job is done? Keep talking out both sides of your ASS.

Some people sure are acting like it. The good news emboldened you enough to take your usual quota of cheap shots at people you don't like.

Brock
06-09-2006, 06:40 AM
Some people sure are acting like it. The good news emboldened you enough to take your usual quota of cheap shots at people you don't like.

And it also enabled some people to say "Great! Bring our boys home now!"

chagrin
06-09-2006, 06:43 AM
The question:Who here said the job is done? Keep talking out both sides of your ASS.

The Answer:

In other words, nobody - nice deflection dude

chagrin
06-09-2006, 06:44 AM
And it also enabled some people to say "Great! Bring our boys home now!"

I didn't see that quoted but I did see meme write "NOW bring the troops home" thankfully she didn't say "our boys" considering she's going to hide her children in another country if a draft ever comes our way.

KCTitus
06-09-2006, 06:49 AM
Ive kind of missed penchief's incongruent logic and pablum...I hadnt read it in a while.

Inspector
06-09-2006, 06:51 AM
We sent an email to our son. He's doing his second tour in Iraq.

I'm interested in hearing his comments and how this impacts their morale (even though based on past conversations, I think I know)

Every one of these a-holes that is exterminated is one step closer to the goal. Kinda like when you have your house sprayed for cockroaches.

Hooray for the USA!! Hooray for our troops. Excellent job guys!!

(I sent my congrats to my son, even though I know he didn't fire the missle....)

penchief
06-09-2006, 06:55 AM
In other words, nobody - nice deflection dude

Deflection of what? I think you'd better pay closer attention. It was your comrades that made that observation first, not me. I only agreed that some people are behaving in that way and I described why I believed so. All you have to do is go back and read this entire thread and you'll see exactly who I'm referring to. Those who are emboldened enough to make insinuations about fellow planeteers that are in direct contradiction to what that planeteer actually said.

Planeteer A: "This is good news."

Planeteer B: "I'll just bet this ruined your day."

So, instead of actually agreeing that it is good news and then debating it's potential impact on the events on the ground, some want to use this good news as validation of their entire position on the war by taking pot shots at others who want to take a "wait and see" approach to it's potential impact.

By the way, you should hold off playing the "deflection" card until it is appropriate. Better hold on to that "irony" card a little longer, too. You never know when you might really need it.

chagrin
06-09-2006, 07:12 AM
Deflection of what? I think you'd better pay closer attention.

Allow me to educate you, jr.

The question is specific, "Originally Posted by Lattimer
Who here said the job is done?"

Therefore an answer would be appropriate, but you did not answer it, instead you pointed a finger back to him regarding his buddies - that, dude, is what's called a deflection.

What schools did you attend to not have understood that?

chagrin
06-09-2006, 07:14 AM
Allow me to educate you, jr.

The questions specific, "Originally Posted by Lattimer
Who here said the job is done?"

Therefore an answer would be appropriate, but you did not answer it, instead you pointed a finger back to him regarding his buddies - that, dude, is what's called a deflection.

What schools did you attend to not have understood that?

I am not talking about the good or bad of the war but to this point specifically; it's a matter of correct grammar and common sense.

stevieray
06-09-2006, 08:40 AM
Exactly. This is good news...

because it means our troops are one step closer to getting out of a quagmire. More importantly it shows that targeted special forces could achieve such missions in the future without all the death and dollars we've wasted.

Funny, I argued that strategy would be more effective than ground troops almost four years ago. :hmmm: I remember Russ having a hard time swallowing that such a plan would work. And that because it was assassination (in SH's case) we can't do it because it's 'against the law.' ROFL

Funny, It's such good news, you have to dog a poster who isn't even here? could you be any more transparent? Just like UD, your comments are indicitive that your own personal agenda is your only motivation.

you'd be the first here crying if one civilian was killed if we took the gloves off. everyone knows the only reason we haven't is because people like you would also use that to fuel your agenda. just like you say you support the troops, at least till one makes a mistake.

This is nothing short of awesome news, especially after hearing that dirt bag is the one who beheaded Peter Berg.

stevieray
06-09-2006, 08:45 AM
Ive kind of missed penchief's incongruent logic and pablum...I hadnt read it in a while.

ROFL

It's like reading a bad soap opera script.

Rain Man
06-09-2006, 08:51 AM
I'm glad he's dead. I hated that guy.

Bootlegged
06-09-2006, 08:53 AM
It appears we could have found this guy much earlier if we'd just looked at the El Al Absul/Golden Corral buffet line.

Logical
06-09-2006, 08:58 AM

Yep God knows no one declares Mission Accomplished prematurely on the conservative side.

http://www.bartcop.com/mission-accomplished.jpg

Donger
06-09-2006, 08:59 AM
More importantly it shows that targeted special forces could achieve such missions in the future without all the death and dollars we've wasted.

Oh really? What makes you think that?

Donger
06-09-2006, 09:01 AM
Yep God knows no one declares Mission Accomplished prematurely on the conservative side.

You know, we've been over this many times. The Mission Accomplished sign was requested by the carrier to denote THEIR mission accomplished in completing their cruise. Granted, I do think that the Bush administration used it in order to denote the end of major combat ops, but let's stick to facts, please.

memyselfI
06-09-2006, 09:01 AM
I didn't see that quoted but I did see meme write "NOW bring the troops home" thankfully she didn't say "our boys" considering she's going to hide her children in another country if a draft ever comes our way.

Yeah, I said bring the troops home NOW. And the response to it then allowed me to make my second point. The insurgency is comprised of more than AZ and his terrorist friends. The loss of him means nothing more than his terrorists friends need to find a new AZ. Long term, it will have as much impact on the end of the war in Iraq as the capture of SH has...not much.

Mr. Kotter
06-09-2006, 09:02 AM

I have heard no one say that this time....not the President, not even many posters on discussion boards. I see this as a red herring.

stevieray
06-09-2006, 09:04 AM
Yeah, I said bring the troops home NOW. And the response to it then allowed me to make my second point. The insurgency is comprised of more than AZ and his terrorist friends. The loss of him means nothing more than his terrorists friends need to find a new AZ. Long term, it will have as much impact on the end of the war in Iraq as the capture of SH has...not much.

by that logic, your kids losing you would mean nothing more than replacing you with a new mommy.

Donger
06-09-2006, 09:04 AM

You fail to note that it now appears that there was a traitor (probably traitors) within al Qaeda in Iraq that handed over Squishy's (aka Zarqawi's) location to 'us.' So, with that fact, I'm not of the opinion that future Squishy's will be lining up to take over.

memyselfI
06-09-2006, 09:05 AM
You know, we've been over this many times. The Mission Accomplished sign was requested by the carrier to denote THEIR mission accomplished in completing their cruise. Granted, I do think that the Bush administration used it in order to denote the end of major combat ops, but let's stick to facts, please.

Certainly the POTUS is smart enough to know that if he's having a photo op in front of sign the words on the sign have significant meaning and will be attributed to him regardless of who 'ordered' the sign.

Perhaps I'm giving him WAY too much credit... :hmmm:

Rausch
06-09-2006, 09:05 AM
by that logic, your kids losing you would mean nothing more than replacing you with a new mommy.

I don't see the flaw in that logic...

Donger
06-09-2006, 09:06 AM
Certainly the POTUS is smart enough to know that if he's having a photo op in front of sign the words on the sign have significant meaning and will be attributed to him regardless of who 'ordered' the sign.

Perhaps I'm giving him WAY too much credit... :hmmm:

Sure, like I said, I think they used it to denote the end of major combat ops in Iraq.

memyselfI
06-09-2006, 09:07 AM
You fail to note that it now appears that there was a traitor (probably traitors) within al Qaeda in Iraq that handed over Squishy's (aka Zarqawi's) location to 'us.' So, with that fact, I'm not of the opinion that future Squishy's will be lining up to take over.

Oh, there was no doubt someone who outed AZ. Apparently, he was not in good favor with many in AQs higher ranks, had pizzed off people within AQ in Iraq, and had undermined the legitimate insurgency of Iraqis within Iraq. His demise served many people very well. *

That doesn't mean someone less self determined isn't going to be appointed to fill his shoes.

*According to Mike Boescher of NBC. He also reported that the photos of Iraqis celebrating in the streets were local POLICE and not locals. :hmmm:

KCTitus
06-09-2006, 09:09 AM
I don't see the flaw in that logic...

other than the flaw of using logic with a moral relativist doesnt really work...yeah.

banyon
06-09-2006, 09:09 AM

The White House Brought the sign for them to put up.

I know that they deny that they "ordered" the carrier to put it up, but that's just another patent deception. What was the Carrier Staff supposed to do, say "Well, Mr. President we know you brought this banner and all, but we don't think it's right to put it up." Certainly the White House knew what they were doing and carefully orchestrated the way that the photo-op would look, flight suit and all. Very much like Cheney giving that campaign speech where he had to make sure that the Statue of Liberty was in the background.

Attributing the banner to the "carrier's mission" is an absurd post-hoc justification. Bush's handlers knew the message that it would convey to the public.

Bootlegged
06-09-2006, 09:11 AM

I know that they deny that they "ordered" the carrier to put it up, but that's just another patent deception. What was the Carrier Staff supposed to do, say "Well, Mr. President we know you brought this banner and all, but we don't think it's right to put it up." Certainly the White House knew what they were doing and carefully orchestrated the way that the photo-op would look, flight suit and all. Very much like Cheney giving that campaign speech where he had to make sure that the Statue of Liberty was in the background.

Attributing the banner to the "carrier's mission" is an absurd post-hoc justification. Bush's handlers knew the message that it would convey to the public.

I could give a shit, but who really knows? Were you there in the PR meeting?

Rausch
06-09-2006, 09:11 AM
other than the flaw of using logic with a moral relativist doesnt really work...yeah.

Careful with that axe, Eugene...

Donger
06-09-2006, 09:12 AM
Oh, there was no doubt someone who outed AZ. Apparently, he was not in good favor with many in AQs higher ranks, had pizzed off people within AQ in Iraq, and had undermined the legitimate insurgency of Iraqis within Iraq. His demise served many people very well.

That doesn't mean someone less self determined isn't going to be appointed to fill his shoes.

Funny, you make it sound as if he were 'hit' by someone from the inside, like a Mafia hit. No, there is at least one al Qaeda in Iraq traitor now working for us. This is massive. This goes far beyond getting Hussein, IMO. If this person(s) knew the whereabouts of Zarqawi, imagine what else they know. We now know that, too.

Don't be surprised to see a few more Oops! in the coming weeks.

stevieray
06-09-2006, 09:12 AM
Oh, there was no doubt someone who outed AZ. Apparently, he was not in good favor with many in AQs higher ranks, had pizzed off people within AQ in Iraq, and had undermined the legitimate insurgency of Iraqis within Iraq. His demise served many people very well.

AQ within Iraq? I thought there were no ties between AQ and Iraq?

Pissed off AQ? undermined the legitimate insurgency?

Sounds to me like you are using his death to validate AQ objectives.

memyselfI
06-09-2006, 09:13 AM
Funny, you make it sound as if he were 'hit' by someone from the inside, like a Mafia hit. No, there is at least one al Qaeda in Iraq traitor now working for us. This is massive. This goes far beyond getting Hussein, IMO. If this person(s) knew the whereabouts of Zarqawi, imagine what else they know. We now know that, too.

Don't be surprised to see a few more Oops! in the coming weeks.

See my * on the previous post. AZ was getting too big for his own britches. And while it was not a hit from within the hit likely happened when the within was ready for it.

IMO, the bigger and more relevant hit would be Al-Sadr. That would be huge.

Donger
06-09-2006, 09:13 AM

Yes, the White House brought the sign at the ship's request. They didn't have the ability to create it on-board, apparently. That's the word from the ship and the WH.

Logical
06-09-2006, 09:18 AM

Fact is the photo-op was positioned to exactly frame the sign behind Bush and thus amplify a premature message. The WH press office continued to use that shot when other shots were available for media stories. The ship's crew's intentions are not the point, the point was the misuse of the photo op to send a premature message. With far more deaths after the pic has been used it really points to the premature usage and bad planning by the Bush administration.

Mr. Kotter
06-09-2006, 09:18 AM
... legitimate insurgency of Iraqis within Iraq... :spock:

The only legitimate insurgency, in Iraq, was against Saddam. The insurgency you are referring to has nothing to do with Iraq; it only has to do with a hatred of the U.S., which by definition makes it illegitimate to anyone truly working for peace in Iraq.

Donger
06-09-2006, 09:19 AM
See my * on the previous post. AZ was getting too big for his own britches. And while it was not a hit from within the hit likely happened when the within was ready for it.

IMO, the bigger and more relevant hit would be Al-Sadr. That would be huge.

Or, maybe the traitor just wanted a pay day and is now singing like a canary.

You may assign higher values to these people than I, but $$$ speak to all people, some more than others.

Rausch
06-09-2006, 09:20 AM
Sounds to me like you are using his death to validate AQ objectives.

Let's review:

1) Thinks the US should leave Iraq immediately.

2) Dead terrorists and their families are innocents, US soldiers invaders.

3) If I told you that you really don't know what it's like to blow a guy, then went into detail for about 2 hours what it's really like to blow a guy, would you maybe think I've blown a guy?...

Logical
06-09-2006, 09:20 AM
I have heard no one say that this time....not the President, not even many posters on discussion boards. I see this as a red herring.

Actually it was the liberals on this thread who used this as an opp to say now that we have killed him we can bring the troops home. People like Brock have been ragging on them for making what they feel is a premature statement. Now do you see the relevance?

Oxford
06-09-2006, 09:22 AM

If you are so tunnel-visioned as to define "war" as the Iraq mission, then this has a great effect in that someone has to come out of the shadows to replace him (and we'll nail his butt too). AZ was a Jihadist, plain and simple. He is not fighting for Iraq, the Palestinians or any other cause, only his cause of Jihadism. Now, this will allow the people whom oppose the sovereign government of Iraq, a chance to negotiate with the government to redress their grievances (democracy?) during the period the Jihadists are reorganizing. Not all groups in Iraq that want the government to fail have the same agenda.

If you define the "war" as to include Syria, Iran, North Korea, Indonesia, the Phillipines, Spain, the Ivory Coast, Nigeria and Somalia just to name a few, then NO it is just a battle won within a much larger context that we are fighting in many ways.

Donger
06-09-2006, 09:22 AM
Fact is the photo-op was positioned to exactly frame the sign behind Bush and thus amplify a premature message. The WH press office continued to use that shot when other shots were available for media stories. The ship's crew's intentions are not the point, the point was the misuse of the photo op to send a premature message. With far more deaths after the pic has been used it really points to the premature usage and bad planning by the Bush administration.

I don't disagree with that at all; even though it was apparently meant to denote the end of major combat operations, many lives were still lost thereafter. The implied meaning was certainly premature.

Logical
06-09-2006, 09:24 AM
:spock:

The only legitimate insurgency, in Iraq, was against Saddam. The insurgency you are referring to has nothing to do with Iraq; it only has to do with a hatred of the U.S., which by definition makes it illegitimate to anyone truly working for peace in Iraq.

I cannot believe I am going to say this, but don't you think our revolutinaries were not considered legitimate by the British, I however think they were legitimate. History will work the same way in Iraq, if the insurgents succeed in getting the governement the way they want it, they will have to be considered legitimate by future generations of Iraq citizens while we will possibly never consider them as such.

KCTitus
06-09-2006, 09:24 AM
I don't disagree with that at all; even though it was apparently meant to denote the end of major combat operations, many lives were still lost thereafter. The implied meaning was certainly premature.

It's not worth arguing, Donger. It was a PR op that went bad, and let the lefties have that. I'll take the AZ killing, instead, to hang my flag on.

BIG_DADDY
06-09-2006, 09:25 AM
The overwhelming joy of the left at seeing Zarqawi die is just bubbling over isn’t it?

http://www.democraticunderground.co...mesg_id=2327802

Unfortunately, it will NOT mean the last dead civilians or US troops.

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/merc...ws/14770139.htm

Originally Posted by memyselfI

By the way pen nobody has acted like the job was done because this guy died. MOF it was exactly the opposite.