PDA

View Full Version : What a day!

Over-Head
06-09-2006, 11:44 AM
Today is one of those day’s where unless you’ve already been through it, you can’t even come close to describing.

It's what you would call one of the best day's of your whole life.

I guess it’s one of the many moments in life I’m about to have as a dad for the first time

This morning my wife had her first ultra-sound.
She’s 8weeks - 5 day’s along.
When I saw that tiny little spot on the screen, I didn’t know wether to cry like a Chiefs fan agonizing about the fact I’m bringing another Fader fan into the world. :eek:
Or pass out from a sudden feeling of "Holy F**K I am gonna be a daddy!" :thumb:

I could make out what’s going to be the body from the head, and when In saw that little hart pumping at 150bpm I almost started to cry.
I’ll never forget what that screen looked like.
Unfortunately they don’t print pictures until week 19

R&GHomer
06-09-2006, 11:53 AM
Today is one of those day’s where unless you’ve already been through it, you can’t even come close to describing.

I guess it’s one of the many moments in life I’m about to have as a dad for the first time

When I saw that tiny little spot on the screen, I didn’t know wether to cry like a Chiefs fan agonizing about the fact I’m bringing another Fader fan into the world. :eek:

I could make out what’s going to be the body from the head, and when In saw that little hart pumping at 150bpm I almost started to cry.

congrats.... I hear ya. I remember the first ultra sound. It was a little farther along though. About 10 weeks or so and we got a picture. LOL.. my wife wasn't very happy when I said he looked like skelatore "sp"

bkkcoh
06-09-2006, 11:55 AM
...This morning my wife had her first ultra-sound.
She’s 8weeks - 5 day’s along....

weren't you outta town about 10 weeks or so :hmmm:

j/k

congrats, best and worst thing you will ever do :toast:

chagrin
06-09-2006, 12:48 PM
Over-head - Congratulations dude, Seriously - I wish you and your wife the best!!

Moooo
06-09-2006, 12:49 PM
Sweet... it must be cool... But why does the youngling have to be a Faders fan? Or did I just read that wrong?

Moooo

big nasty kcnut
06-09-2006, 12:50 PM
Great news overhead now about him being a raider fan.

lol j/k

Donger
06-09-2006, 12:51 PM

Yes, it is an amazing moment. Congratulations!

And, I think most men make such comments. With our first, I said something like, "Holy sh*t! It looks like the critter that popped out of that guy's chest in Alien!!!"

morphius
06-09-2006, 12:56 PM
Congrats! Wait until the child is born, thats pretty emotional no matter how ugly they are coming out. Just had my second child a month ago and am still amazed every time I look down at her.

Gaz
06-09-2006, 01:00 PM
Congratulations.

xoxo~
Gaz
Long past his child-rearing years.

KCTitus
06-09-2006, 01:02 PM
Nice work...here's to puttin the stem on the ol' apple.

Scaga
06-09-2006, 01:03 PM
Congrats!

As the father of three, I can only say

"Remember, the best part about having children is MAKING them!"
:)

RockChalk
06-09-2006, 01:05 PM
Congrats!

Are you the only father of three?

J Diddy
06-09-2006, 02:16 PM
congrats.... I hear ya. I remember the first ultra sound. It was a little farther along though. About 10 weeks or so and we got a picture. LOL.. my wife wasn't very happy when I said he looked like skelatore "sp"

They do don't they.

Fish
06-09-2006, 02:31 PM
Run home now and take a nap.... you won't be doing that much in the next 5 years, so get one it now....

Congrats on the little bugger..... keep us updated and enjoy it, cause it goes by fast!

Over-Head
06-09-2006, 07:19 PM
Congrats!

True enough.
Now I read in the second trimester the ole sex drive starts shooting through the roof ;).