PDA

View Full Version : ESPN: Rumor Central: Chiefs, Broncos vying for Turley?

Taco John
06-09-2006, 12:21 PM
It's an insider only article, but on the front page of ESPN I found this:

"Rumor Central: Chiefs, Broncos vying for Turley?"

Anyone know what the article says?

Bill Lundberg
06-09-2006, 12:30 PM
Turley in Chiefs' grasp?
<Jun. 9> There remains a strong likelihood that Turley will sign with the Chiefs, but there continue to be other suitors former standout offensive lineman, according to ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli.

Turley, who hasn't played since 2003 because of a severe back problem, is attempting to resume his NFL career as a tight end. He launched his comeback try with workouts for the Dolphins and Chiefs last month.

A dark horse candidate for Turley could be Denver. The Broncos, who are seeking help at tight end, have had discussions with Turley's agents, Pasquarelli has learned.

Rain Man
06-09-2006, 12:31 PM
I thought we signed him last month. No?

Bill Lundberg
No.

Taco John
I thought we signed him last month. No?

I had thought so too...

vailpass
06-09-2006, 12:33 PM
I like Turley's attitude but can't for the life of me see why anyone would want him. He has paper knees and his back is so bad he can't lift enough weights to sustain his lineman bulk.
Now he wants to be a TE? Has the guy ever run an NFL pass pattern in his life?
I wish him luck and all but I just don't get it. :shrug:

Bob Dole
06-09-2006, 12:36 PM
Has the guy ever run an NFL pass pattern in his life?

You said the same thing about Joe Valerio.

vailpass
06-09-2006, 12:42 PM
You said the same thing about Joe Valerio.
ROFL

alpha_omega
06-09-2006, 01:01 PM
hasn't played since 2003 because of a severe back problem

Damaged goods...let somebody else have him!

StcChief
06-09-2006, 01:34 PM
Well the Donxs must see something in him as well.

With all the recent signings do we need Turley to block? or just see if he can hack thru Training camp.

Mr. Laz
06-09-2006, 01:50 PM
sounds like that agent is just throwing out the name of a division rival to try and buck up the price to me.

but which team is being used as leverage? :shrug:

Thig Lyfe
06-09-2006, 01:51 PM
Can he play corner?

I mean, fullback?

sedated
06-09-2006, 02:41 PM
da donks are probably just showing interest to make sure we pay more, for nothing more than a project.

we did the same when they were (supposedly) going after TO

Iowanian
06-09-2006, 03:06 PM
This is just Denver, trying to Carl Peterson the Pricetag of a #4, blocking TE.

Halfcan
06-09-2006, 03:10 PM
They can have him.

Mile High Mania
06-09-2006, 03:10 PM
At this point... Turley does nothing for me. I would be surprised if he's really more than training camp fodder for any team at this point.

jspchief
06-09-2006, 03:43 PM
Didn't Denver release Putzier?

Now they need a TE? Nice move.

Mile High Mania
06-09-2006, 03:45 PM
Yes, they let Putzier go... they drafted a TE and they were hoping Wesley Duke would be a potential replacement, Duke was recently lost for approximately 9 months to an injury.

Shit happens... but, it's not like they just released Putz and then said "Dammit, we need a TE".

Plus, they still have Alexander...

jspchief
06-09-2006, 03:47 PM
Yes, they let Putzier go... they drafted a TE and they were hoping Wesley Duke would be a potential replacement, Duke was recently lost for approximately 9 months to an injury.

Shit happens... but, it's not like they just released Putz and then said "Dammit, we need a TE".

Plus, they still have Alexander...Ahh, I missed the Duke injury.

vailpass
06-09-2006, 04:00 PM

Plus, they still have Alexander...

Yep, plus Putz is more of a receiving TE. He was mentored by Shannon Sharpe. Shanny wants a blocking TE.

Denver also drafted TE Tony Scheffler from Western Michigan, a 6'5" 255 pound blocking TE prototype.

Mile High Mania
06-09-2006, 04:19 PM
Yep, plus Putz is more of a frustrating TE.
Fixed it for ya... Putz drove me nutz. I welcome the change.

vailpass
06-09-2006, 04:20 PM
Fixed it for ya... Putz drove me nutz. I welcome the change.

:) I agree. Putz was a nice kid but he just wasn't worth the money.

jspchief
06-09-2006, 04:41 PM
:) I agree. Putz was a nice kid but he just wasn't worth the money.He was certainly overpaid. I couldn't believe you guys matched that offer last year. I just assumed maybe the coaches knew something the rest of the world didn't. Guess not.

vailpass
06-09-2006, 04:51 PM
He was certainly overpaid. I couldn't believe you guys matched that offer last year. I just assumed maybe the coaches knew something the rest of the world didn't. Guess not.

Yep, I thought the Jets had bought themselves an overpriced TE.
Putz got in Shanny's doghouse last year and any time that happens the player might as well put their house up for sale.

Valiant
06-09-2006, 05:27 PM
It's an insider only article, but on the front page of ESPN I found this:

"Rumor Central: Chiefs, Broncos vying for Turley?"

Anyone know what the article says?

Umm... Big deal, Turley is nothing but camp fodder for us...

We already have Gonzo our star TE..
Dunn our star monster blocking TE..
and Wilson, he is a star at not playing and being ___________ for the future...

HOnestly unless they are thinking of dumping Wilson, Turley has no shot at making our team...

Turley's best bet is to come here and learn how to play TE from Gonzo and Dunn and then hopefully catch on elsewhere outside of the division...