PDA

View Full Version : Royals Revoke Fescoe's Press Pass

bsp4444
06-09-2006, 02:34 PM
On 810 earlier, the Royals have revoked Bob Fescoe's press pass for the rest of the season. One other reporter was also revoked, but that name was not released, yet. I guess this is in response to some harsh questioning at yesterday's news conference introducing Dayton Moore as G.M.

I get tired of Fescoe in the morning, he should be held accountable for saying whatever he feels like. Maybe this will keep the media from turning everything into a circus (just my opinion).

Fish
06-09-2006, 02:37 PM
Settle down bub.... 1 thread is plenty....

kc rush
06-09-2006, 02:38 PM
Give me a break, the only reason that press conference turned into a "circus" was because Glass and Co. let it. All they had to do was say: This is about Dayton Moore, we won't be answering any questions about Allard Baird.

If Glass hadn't gone into hiding after firing Baird, the questions wouldn't have been asked.

What would Glass do in front of the NY media?

bsp4444
06-09-2006, 02:38 PM
Yeh, I got interrupted, and when I saw the duplication, I don't know how to delete one.

Reaper16
06-09-2006, 02:39 PM
Rhonda Moss was drilling Glass hard. I wonder if she is the other reporter.

Yes, I'm aware of the agonizing image put forth by the phrasing of the first sentence.

alpha_omega
06-09-2006, 02:52 PM
Bob Fescue?

beavis
06-09-2006, 02:54 PM
Somehow, I doubt this will shut him up.

chiefqueen
06-09-2006, 02:55 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm....................it looks like Prince Dayton took good notes when CeePee told him how to handle the media in this town.

I'm sure CeePee is proud.

FloridaMan88
06-09-2006, 02:59 PM
The Glasses taking a page from the Bush Administration with regards to Freedom of Speech I see

Eleazar
06-09-2006, 03:08 PM
The Glasses taking a page from the Bush Administration with regards to Freedom of Speech I see

What a retarded comment. Freedom of speech has nothing to do with the owner of a private organization deciding not to allow an individual into their press conferences. :rolleyes:

Jordan
06-09-2006, 03:10 PM
Rhonda Moss was making some good points on air yesterday - regarding the news conference).

Only 3 reporters got more than 1 question...and they only got 2 (one was Rhonda tho)

The Glasses conducted a piss poor news conference. The main question everyone wanted answered was if Dan Glass vetoed the Sweeney trade, or any other trades (since David Glass adamantly stated he hadn't) and they did not allow that question to be addressed.

Simply stated: Glass COULDN'T conduct a conference in front of NYC media...they'd eat his Arkansas @ss alive!

Jordan
06-09-2006, 03:12 PM
Oh, and revoke Keitzmans Royals, Chiefs, radio station, and any other pass he has ASAP!

He's the biggest tool in sports radio (nationwide)!!!

banyon
06-09-2006, 03:15 PM
Oh, and revoke Keitzmans Royals, Chiefs, radio station, and any other pass he has ASAP!

He's the biggest tool in sports radio (nationwide)!!!

Are you that kid that calls in on 810 and 610 and tries to battle "Jayhawk Mark" for the "Best Caller under 14" or whatever it is?

Eleazar
06-09-2006, 03:15 PM
Anyway, regarding Fescoe and 810, the press in this town doesn't seem to have any regard for common professionalism. There's a difference between 'asking tough questions' and being a total asshat everywhere you go. Fescoe is so far into asshat territory that I'm surprised there hasn't been an athlete just haul off and beat his ass yet.

If you want to know the answer to something, and they say "we're not here to talk about that", then shut your hole and move on. Throwing a temper tantrum like a 4 year old just makes you look like an idiot.

But I guess that's pretty much what Fescoe has always been.

I've really been surprised at how bitterly 810 has treated the Royals the past two or three years. It goes beyond legitimate criticism of a bad organization. It's just basically the Enquirer and the Springer show all day long. I'm not sure why they want to blow their chance at keeping the Royals contract so badly.

the Talking Can
06-09-2006, 03:19 PM
Rhondzilla got the ax too...lmao at being banned by the worst organiztion in the history of sports....if only they cut bad players that quickly

kc rush
06-09-2006, 03:34 PM
I've really been surprised at how bitterly 810 has treated the Royals the past two or three years. It goes beyond legitimate criticism of a bad organization. It's just basically the Enquirer and the Springer show all day long. I'm not sure why they want to blow their chance at keeping the Royals contract so badly.

I don't think they have treated the Royals unfairly. They disagreed openly about the stadium issue, and some members of the staff, but not all have disagreed with the way the Royals handled Allard. JoPo seemed to rip the team far worse than anyone at 810 regarding Baird.

Other than those two situations, they have been more than fair to the team in my opinion.

The Royals have had a free ride for far too long.

FloridaMan88
06-09-2006, 03:34 PM
What a retarded comment. Freedom of speech has nothing to do with the owner of a private organization deciding not to allow an individual into their press conferences. :rolleyes:

On pure legality you are right, but to take away press passes from reporters for simply asking the tough questions that EVERYONE else has been talking about, is not in the spirit of freedom of speech.

Eleazar
06-09-2006, 03:38 PM
On pure legality you are right, but to take away press passes from reporters for simply asking the tough questions that EVERYONE else has been talking about, is not in the spirit of freedom of speech.

I'm going to come hang out in your house for the next 6 months or so. The whole time I'm going to be yelling to your whole neighborhood that you're a piece of garbage, beat your wife, abuse your kids, and kick your dog. In return for this I'll expect you to provide me 3 meals a day, a vehicle for my personal use, and a generous salary. I know you wouldn't volate the spirit of freedom by kicking me out. I'll be over just as soon as I can.

penguinz
06-09-2006, 03:39 PM
The spirit of the freedom of speech has nothing to do with private property.

teedubya
06-09-2006, 03:42 PM
If the Glasses had handled themselves better, this wouldnt be a problem.

One question asked, "you said sweeping changes needed to be made, obviously the GM position was a change... so why did you leave Allard Baird twisting instead of hiring an interim GM?"

Good question.

Another question by Rhonda... "Dan, How has your role changed with the hiring on Dayton Moore?"

The other question "In what ways did you support Allard as GM?"

reasonable questions... they should have had a Press conference after Baird was shitcanned.

Man, the Glasses suck asses.

banyon
06-09-2006, 03:42 PM
The spirit of the freedom of speech has nothing to do with private property.

It does if you live in a country that extolls it as a virtue. You seem to be conflating the "letter of the law" with the "spirit of the law".

True, 1st amendment rights are only effective as against governments, but we live in a country that generally thinks it's a good idea to have the free exchange of ideas and dissemination of discourse, even on the private property that is known as ChiefsPlanet. :thumb:

Don't Forget that David Glass is getting some of our tax dollars.

Mr. Laz
06-09-2006, 03:44 PM
On 810 earlier, the Royals have revoked Bob Fescoe's press pass for the rest of the season. One other reporter was also revoked, but that name was not released, yet. I guess this is in response to some harsh questioning at yesterday's news conference introducing Dayton Moore as G.M.

I get tired of Fescoe in the morning, he should be held accountable for saying whatever he feels like. Maybe this will keep the media from turning everything into a circus (just my opinion).

yea, the media should just shut the hell up and write what the team tells them.

beavis
06-09-2006, 03:55 PM
yea, the media should just shut the hell up and write what the team tells them.
Somewhere, Carl Peterson just read that, began to laugh hysterically, then kicked his feet up on his desk and marveled at his own genious (CP spelling).

ChiefsFire
06-09-2006, 04:19 PM
Anyway, regarding Fescoe and 810, the press in this town doesn't seem to have any regard for common professionalism. There's a difference between 'asking tough questions' and being a total asshat everywhere you go. Fescoe is so far into asshat territory that I'm surprised there hasn't been an athlete just haul off and beat his ass yet.

If you want to know the answer to something, and they say "we're not here to talk about that", then shut your hole and move on. Throwing a temper tantrum like a 4 year old just makes you look like an idiot.

But I guess that's pretty much what Fescoe has always been.

theres been alot of talk lately about holding Glass and the organization liable for this wreck of a season..how else are they supposed to have their feet held to the fire than have the media start balling up and coming after them???

Neither Glass until this point have stepped up and been held accountable...the media saw the chance and jumped..nothing i heard of the press conference was out of line..

ImAWalkingCorpse
06-09-2006, 04:29 PM
I'm going to come hang out in your house for the next 6 months or so. The whole time I'm going to be yelling to your whole neighborhood that you're a piece of garbage, beat your wife, abuse your kids, and kick your dog. In return for this I'll expect you to provide me 3 meals a day, a vehicle for my personal use, and a generous salary. I know you wouldn't volate the spirit of freedom by kicking me out. I'll be over just as soon as I can.

Actually what you would be doing would be illegal, and grounds to get sued for everything you own for slander. Sure they can kick the 2 reporters out but all that does is make the Royals appear to be bush league. So you are way off base.

KevB
06-09-2006, 04:45 PM

Could the Glass' have handled the last six weeks any worse from a public relations point of view? The only thing they got right was the actual hiring of Moore, otherwise they've lived up to their rep as small time.

KChiefs1
06-09-2006, 05:12 PM
WOW!

CP must love the Glasses! David & Dan Glass have replaced CP as the most hated man in KC.

4th and Long
06-09-2006, 05:44 PM
This was, quite possibly, the worst move David and Dan Glass could have made. Banning not one, but two separate media outlet's credentials for the rest of the year? Nice work, morons.

It's hard enough for them to put butts in seats but now they have alienated even more fans by kicking out the reporters that these fans listen to on their respective sports talk radio stations. And for what?

Asking questions.

"You said sweeping changes needed to be made, obviously the GM position was a change, so why did you leave Allard Baird twisting instead of hiring an interim GM?"

That is a legitimate question that the Glass family has purposely ducked. It deserves an answer. An HONEST answer. We'll probably never get an HONEST answer because every request to answer that question was turned down by the Glass family. There was no opportunity for the reporters to ask that question, until today and what do you know, it happened. SHOCK OF ALL SHOCKS!

There were several ways to have avoided that question with a little decorum. They could have turned the press conference over to Dayton Moore and let him entertain questions. At the very least, when the question was posed, all they had to say was, "No comment." and be done with it.

Noooooooooo. That would have been too easy. Instead, they piss off even more fans by revoking the credentials of Moss and Fesco for THE REST OF THE YEAR.

If this were a cartoon, The Glass family would be Wile E. Coyote, standing next to a wooden box that had the words, "ACME Press Conference" on the side and the reporters in question would be the Road Runner.

Think about that for a second.

I started my vacation today at 1630 hours. On the "To Do List" for this weekend was take the little woman and the kids to the Royals game on Sunday. They are having some sort of Build A Bear thingy for the kids. I thought they might enjoy that. After todays events, the little woman is going to have to twist my arm behind my back for that to happen. I cannot, in good conscience, donate one more dollar to the front office of an organization that is going to make this team look even smaller than it already is.

This story is going to be national by days end. If the Royals were not a laughing stock already in the eyes of baseball fans nation wide, they will be now.

kc1977
06-09-2006, 05:56 PM
I started my vacation today at 1630 hours. On the "To Do List" for this weekend was take the little woman and the kids to the Royals game on Sunday. They are having some sort of Build A Bear thingy for the kids. I thought they might enjoy that. After todays events, the little woman is going to have to twist my arm behind my back for that to happen. I cannot, in good conscience, donate one more dollar to the front office of an organization that is going to make this team look even smaller than it already is.

The Glass's have already ruined this season for you, as a fan.

Don't let them ruin a fun day out with the wife and kids. It's still a day at the ballpark - and something your kids will remember.

Don't punish your kids for David Glass's inneptness.

4th and Long
06-09-2006, 05:57 PM

Don't let them ruin a fun day out with the wife and kids. It's still a day at the ballpark - and something your kids will remember.

I can take the kids to a Build A Bear store across the street. Problem solved.

RP_McMurphy
06-09-2006, 07:45 PM
I think the glASS family are mental and physically cowards of the highest order. They lack the courage of their actions and choose to hide behind childish actions of banning reporters. They are a embarASSment to the good city of Kansas City and most of all to one of the nicest and greatest men to ever walk the face of this earth in Ewing Kaufmann. They have taken his proud franchise and team and ruined it in every which way you can from the front office to the scouting to even the guy trying to sell some lemonade. They have become the worst owners in all of major sports right now and are on track to being the worst owners EVER in the history of Major League Baseball. They are cheap, they are stupid and most of all Cowards who are afraid to talk to the fans.

teedubya
06-09-2006, 07:58 PM
I have been emailing Mark Cuban at BlogMaverick.com He has been thinking of buying the Cubs or the Pirates, I have been petitoning him to buy the Royals instead.

Of couse his attention is on NBA this week, but once every 3-4 weeks I will remind him. heh. That would so own. Dude is passionate.

Glass is ASSionate.

T-post Tom
06-09-2006, 08:24 PM
Isn't there a new movie out about a Fescoe/Moss romance.......

HemiEd
06-09-2006, 09:15 PM
Could the Glass' have handled the last six weeks any worse from a public relations point of view? The only thing they got right was the actual hiring of Moore, otherwise they've lived up to their rep as small time.

The Glass' make the McCaskey family ( Bear's owners) look like Genious.'

nychief
06-09-2006, 09:17 PM
I don't really know much about Fescoe, or about what he did during the press conference. But is it my understanding that he is a show boat, blow hard? Not that it matters.

VonneMarie
06-09-2006, 09:18 PM
Isn't there a new movie out about a Fescoe/Moss romance.......
ROFL

Halfcan
06-09-2006, 09:47 PM
[QUOTE=Reaper16]Rhonda Moss was drilling Glass hard.

Wow that is a sight that would burn your eyes out. YUCK!!

Adept Havelock
06-09-2006, 10:09 PM
Sports SAT excerpt...

The GLASS family is to MLB as the BIDWILL family is to the NFL.

kc rush
06-09-2006, 10:50 PM
If this were a cartoon, The Glass family would be Wile E. Coyote, standing next to a wooden box that had the words, "ACME Press Conference" on the side and the reporters in question would be the Road Runner.

ROFL That made me laugh. Rep for you.

Too bad its true. :deevee:

huskerdooz
06-09-2006, 11:20 PM
Actually I think it's hilarious that Fescoe has to buy a ticket to the game from now on instead of getting a free ride.

He's been an ass hat ever since he and St. John took over for Renshaw. and if it wasn't for the other ass hat on the other station at the same time I wouldn't listen to them at all. The only good days that radio show has is when Fescoe is out of town.

In fact I think it serves them right. They tried to hijack Dayton Moores's press conference and they got what they deserved.

Lurch
06-09-2006, 11:50 PM
Fescoe's a dink. The Royals are making all the right moves of late, in my mind anyway.

06-09-2006, 11:55 PM
WOW!

CP must love the Glasses! David & Dan Glass have replaced CP as the most hated man in KC.
Damnit David!!!

Hmmm, just doesn't sound right.

Damnit Carl!!!

Thats better.

greg63
06-10-2006, 12:50 AM
Damnit David!!!

Hmmm, just doesn't sound right.

Damnit Carl!!!

Thats better.

ROFL :thumb:

tk13
06-10-2006, 01:17 AM
http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/14785160.htm

Glass incompetence now has credentials
JASON WHITLOCK
Kansas City Star

Thursday won’t be the last time the Glass family’s incompetence ruins Dayton Moore’s day.

In fact, David and Dan Glass topped their Thursday performance with an act of incompetence Friday that makes Thursday’s silliness seem brilliant.

Still irritated that their unveiling of the Royals’ new GM/victim was ruined when two radio reporters decided to ask David Glass about the firing of Allard Baird, “D and D” — which does not stand for Dumb and Dumber — allowed the Royals’ media flack to strip WHB’s Bob Fescoe and KCSP’s Rhonda Moss of their credentials.

You got it. The worst franchise in professional sports thinks it’s wise to ban two media representatives who still take the franchise seriously. I wish I were making this up.

The Royals turned Fescoe and Moss into martyrs, and in the process they exposed the owner and his son as buffoons who don’t have the necessary tummy to lead a Boy Scout group — let alone a major-league franchise.

If Dayton Moore wants to be taken seriously, his first act of business should be restoring Fescoe’s and Moss’ credentials. Either that or Moore should back out of his agreement with the Royals, head back to Atlanta and wait on a legitimate professional organization to hire him. The T-Bones might be looking.

When contacted by The Star, Aaron “Baghdad Bob” Babcock, the Royals’ minister of misinformation, declined to state the Royals’ reason for banning Fescoe and Moss. Babcock simply stated that the Royals have the right to pull the credentials of the electronic media. (It’s virtually impossible for a sports organization to pull a newspaper sportswriter’s credential.)

I’m sure “D and D” would love to blame Babcock for Thursday’s tension-filled, Baird-focused news conference. Had Babcock instructed Moore to sit at the dais alone — without the Glasses — Fescoe and Moss would have been forced to ask the Glasses questions about Baird away from the spotlight.

But David Glass could have diffused the entire situation by exercising a bit of leadership and common sense when Moss opened the question-and-answer portion of the news conference with a Baird question.

“Rhonda, I realize this is your first opportunity to ask me about my decision to dismiss Allard. I’ll be glad to answer those questions at the end of this press conference. But right now, I want to talk about my new GM, and I want the spotlight on Dayton.”

Instead, David Glass turned whiny and defensive. He acted like a man who had been led to believe that the simple act of buying the Royals and “saving Kansas City’s baseball franchise” meant that he never had to answer a difficult public question. Yep, Glass seems convinced his job is to sit back, turn a $20 million-a-year profit, watch the value of the franchise double and triple and cry about the terrible plight of “small market” baseball.

It’s grueling work.

Moss told me Friday that she went through all of the proper channels last week in an attempt to arrange an interview with David Glass.

“I called Bentonville, Ark. I told Aaron Babcock I wanted to interview Mr. Glass,” Moss explained. “I saw Dan Glass last week and asked him if I could interview him about Allard, and he told me no.”

The Glasses have virtually no savvy when it comes to dealing with the electronic media. They are, of course, accessible to sportswriters because they understand the reach and credibility of newspapers. But they don’t understand that this is the new millennium and that you occasionally have to treat radio personalities as journalists.

Fescoe and Moss were simply doing their jobs.

Interestingly, Moss’ management at KCSP is giving her strong support. Fescoe’s support at WHB is mixed. WHB’s afternoon host/owner Kevin “The New Don Fortune” Kietzman spent part of his Thursday show blasting Fescoe and Moss for making Glass uncomfortable on Moore’s special day.

Fescoe declined to comment when I reached him by phone Friday. He’s in pretty much the same position as Dayton Moore. They both better get used to getting thrown under buses by their bosses.

06-10-2006, 01:38 AM
Good article. Seemed like he took some shots at "electronic media" being occasionally treated like "journalists" but other than that it was good.

Bald but Beautiful
06-10-2006, 04:46 AM
He certainly hit the nail on the head with this column. Anyone who thought that Fescoe and Moss deserved what they got and is actually condoning what the glAsses did are really sheep. Like Jason said, have only Dayton Moore sitting on the dais, and then this does not happen. When even Peter Gammons called David glAss the worst owner in the history of sports, then the public sentiment is obviously growing against them. Hey glASSes, ever heard of the word accountablity? If you do something as dumb as announce you are firing the GM before having another in mind, especially someone like Allard Baird who took the hits for the organization? Trying to emulate the Kaufmanns I hear? Maybe Andy Kaufman, but what a minute, I liked him, so take that back. Are you going bar Peter Gammons from any press conferences? Are you going to ban me as well? When you are in the public eye, you dumb glAsses, you are fair game. That is the bottom line. You left yourself open to criticism, and now you do this? I agree with Gammy, you are the worst owners in sports right now, and having Mark Cuban as an owner would be such a great occurence.

ImAWalkingCorpse
06-10-2006, 05:58 AM
Whitlock did hit it right on, especially with Keitz, he should definitely have been up in arms about Fescoe getting this done to him.

KingPriest2
06-10-2006, 08:44 AM

Dude there are other things to do in town.

teedubya
06-10-2006, 08:46 AM
http://www.ideagrove.com/blog/uploaded_images/benefactor_markcuban-797877.jpg

RP_McMurphy
06-10-2006, 12:22 PM
I actually feel sorry for Moore having to work for the glASS family. They will backstab him and veto his deals he works out because they don't want to spend any money. Baird wasn't the smartest cookie in the jar but he took much heat for the glASS family instead of telling the truth that the cheapskates known as the glASS family were the one's making most of the stupid moves.

4th and Long
06-10-2006, 12:26 PM
I actually feel sorry for Moore having to work for the glASS family. They will backstab him and veto his deals he works out because they don't want to spend any money.
Moore actually has "an out" in his contract for just such occasions.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-10-2006, 12:33 PM
I have been emailing Mark Cuban at BlogMaverick.com He has been thinking of buying the Cubs or the Pirates, I have been petitoning him to buy the Royals instead.

Of couse his attention is on NBA this week, but once every 3-4 weeks I will remind him. heh. That would so own. Dude is passionate.

Glass is ASSionate.

This is a phenominal idea. I think every single person on CP should do this. Spread it around the entire KC metro area. An owner like Cuban would definately rekindle my "first love" with baseball.

ChiefsFire
06-10-2006, 12:34 PM
Glass had to all but promise his first bron to Moore to get him to take this nightmare over...

sad thing is...this could make or break Moores career.....probaly a better chance of making than breaking i guess

GoHuge
06-10-2006, 12:52 PM
I don't really know much about Fescoe, or about what he did during the press conference. But is it my understanding that he is a show boat, blow hard? Not that it matters.
You know on-air Fescoe can be a little much. Steven is the one that carries that show. Half the time he'd be better off putting a muzzle on Fescoe. With that said Bob is a really nice guy out in public or via email. Keep in mind the guy is from Jersey and a Giants fan. What do you expect him to act like?

ChiefsCountry
06-10-2006, 02:03 PM
Whitlock normally writes good stuff, its the one every now and then thats get everybody rilled up.

teedubya
06-10-2006, 02:16 PM
This is a phenominal idea. I think every single person on CP should do this. Spread it around the entire KC metro area. An owner like Cuban would definately rekindle my "first love" with baseball.

Im thinking they would take 225Million and get out of the MLB. It has to be the right owner, and I think Cuban would love KC.

David glASS may continue to want the MLB charity 20 million that goes into his pocket each year, and may not want to sell... but man, I do not like this ****head at all.

Mecca
06-10-2006, 04:48 PM
Glass is never going to sell the Royals, he's pocketing his revenue sharing money and Bud Selig is his pal.

Mr. Laz
06-10-2006, 05:28 PM
link?

bsp4444
06-10-2006, 07:51 PM

Fescoe is a Yankees fan. 'Nuff said!

KingPriest2
06-10-2006, 07:52 PM
Im thinking they would take 225Million and get out of the MLB. It has to be the right owner, and I think Cuban would love KC.

David glASS may continue to want the MLB charity 20 million that goes into his pocket each year, and may not want to sell... but man, I do not like this ****head at all.

They can't make any money off the sale. Whatever profit is made goes to the Kaufman foundation It was a clause in the sales contract from a buyer coming in and moving the team.

teedubya
06-10-2006, 08:44 PM
oh man, you mean we are stuck with them? WHAT KIND OF ASSININE CONTRACT IS THAT?

JBucc
06-10-2006, 08:48 PM
They can't make any money off the sale. Whatever profit is made goes to the Kaufman foundation It was a clause in the sales contract from a buyer coming in and moving the team.Then we'll have to take them out ourselves. We can't risk any other Glasses taking over either so the whole family has to be taken care of. Anybody know anybody who might know someone who is capable of solving our little glass problem? I don't have any cash but I can give them a $10 Sonic card. It pays for itself time and time again.

4th and Long
06-10-2006, 09:10 PM
link?
Reported on multiple sports talk radio stations this past week.

sedated
06-10-2006, 09:37 PM
Reported on multiple sports talk radio stations this past week.

:rolleyes:

RP_McMurphy
06-10-2006, 11:02 PM
He!! If it would help to appease the Baseball Gods and get rid of the glASS family. I would be more than willing to ship the 85 World Series Trophy to Saint Louis. Something, anything to get those two goombas out of Kansas City and SOON.

banyon
06-10-2006, 11:57 PM
In fact I think it serves them right. They tried to hijack Dayton Moores's press conference and they got what they deserved.

You might have a point if David Glass ever made himself available for press conferences prior to this occasion. As such , it was their only chance to ask him the burning questions that everyone wanted to know.

06-11-2006, 12:03 AM
You might have a point if David Glass ever made himself available for press conferences prior to this occasion. As such , it was their only chance to ask him the burning questions that everyone wanted to know.

Hell, all Glass had to do was state that questions regarding Baird would be answered at a future press conference. Probably wouldn't have stopped them from asking but at least it would have given him a REAL reason for barring them.

greg63
06-11-2006, 02:08 PM
Hell, all Glass had to do was state that questions regarding Baird would be answered at a future press conference. Probably wouldn't have stopped them from asking but at least it would have given him a REAL reason for barring them.

...But are they REAL reporters??? :p

kc rush
06-11-2006, 04:21 PM
They can't make any money off the sale. Whatever profit is made goes to the Kaufman foundation It was a clause in the sales contract from a buyer coming in and moving the team.

The deal was that Glass can make a profit on the team if the new owner keeps the team in KC, so if someone does come in and keeps the team here Glass gets to pocket that money.

I don't know if that clause is still in effect since the Royals signed a new lease with the city when the stadium vote passed.

kc rush
06-11-2006, 04:25 PM
Whitlock did hit it right on, especially with Keitz, he should definitely have been up in arms about Fescoe getting this done to him.

Its out of context. KK said that what Moss and Fescoe did was unprofessional, but that was immediately after the press conference. The next day after Fescoe's pass was pulled he did say that while he didn't agree with Fescoe's questions, he was behind him and that it was ridiculous that the Royals would pull these passes.

Eleazar
06-11-2006, 04:34 PM
I can't really make myself care about this a whole lot.

From the Royals' perspective, they are a private organization and can issue credentials to anyone they choose. No one has a right to it. If I went up to the door and asked to be credentialed for Cochise Illustrated and they denied me because I was just some hack then I wouldn't be upset. I'm just as credible as Fescoe in any case.

From 810's perspective, I don't see how they can complain. I wouldn't want my organization being represented by a bush league asshat like Fescoe either. If you ask me the Royals are doing them a favor. Of course Keitzman and others have to go to bat for him, even though they agree that he acted unprofessionally.

As a fan, I can't really care. Is my experience as a Royals fan any less if those two aren't acting like dicks in a press conference? No. Someone else will be there asking the same questions about ownership staying out of DTD or about the payroll in a professional manner.

Of course 810's going to be mad, they own the radio rights (for now) and can't even get the team to let their bush league reporter in the room. The Chiefs did the same thing to them by not letting 810 carry the press conferences on the radio. I don't know why 810 would expect to be treated any differently.

They have the right to be as hard on the teams as they have recently. The teams have the right to not credential them. They are free to say whatever they want, but it doesn't mean there aren't consequences.

kc rush
06-11-2006, 10:03 PM
I can't really make myself care about this a whole lot.

From the Royals' perspective, they are a private organization and can issue credentials to anyone they choose. No one has a right to it. If I went up to the door and asked to be credentialed for Cochise Illustrated and they denied me because I was just some hack then I wouldn't be upset. I'm just as credible as Fescoe in any case.

From 810's perspective, I don't see how they can complain. I wouldn't want my organization being represented by a bush league asshat like Fescoe either. If you ask me the Royals are doing them a favor. Of course Keitzman and others have to go to bat for him, even though they agree that he acted unprofessionally.

As a fan, I can't really care. Is my experience as a Royals fan any less if those two aren't acting like dicks in a press conference? No. Someone else will be there asking the same questions about ownership staying out of DTD or about the payroll in a professional manner.

Of course 810's going to be mad, they own the radio rights (for now) and can't even get the team to let their bush league reporter in the room. The Chiefs did the same thing to them by not letting 810 carry the press conferences on the radio. I don't know why 810 would expect to be treated any differently.

They have the right to be as hard on the teams as they have recently. The teams have the right to not credential them. They are free to say whatever they want, but it doesn't mean there aren't consequences.

True the Royals can do what they want, it doesn't make it right though. It is a nightmare PR wise.

I didn't think the line of questions were out of hand considering the Glasses hadn't addressed the firing of Baird to that point, and they could have stopped the questions at any time by saying "We aren't going to talk about that now".

Kietzman was the only person I heard say that the questions were unprofessional, and he is a major tool (in my opinion). All of the other hosts/reporters on both stations seemed fine with the questions. Both Bukaty and Clinkscale argued with KK about the questions being unprofessional after KK went on his usual rant.

FYI, The Chiefs SOLD exclusive rights to the broadcast of their press conferences to 610. WHB and other outlets could be at the presser and ask questions, they just couldn't broadcast it live anymore. They were also limited in the number of sound bites they could run per the contract with 610.

Demonpenz
06-12-2006, 12:13 AM
well atleast the royals are entertaining

Boyceofsummer
06-12-2006, 12:45 AM
I think the glASS family are mental and physically cowards of the highest order. They lack the courage of their actions and choose to hide behind childish actions of banning reporters. They are a embarASSment to the good city of Kansas City and most of all to one of the nicest and greatest men to ever walk the face of this earth in Ewing Kaufmann. They have taken his proud franchise and team and ruined it in every which way you can from the front office to the scouting to even the guy trying to sell some lemonade. They have become the worst owners in all of major sports right now and are on track to being the worst owners EVER in the history of Major League Baseball. They are cheap, they are stupid and most of all Cowards who are afraid to talk to the fans.

deflect this embarrassing situation by running out to WAL-MART to spend your way out of an abysmal sports situation. McMurphy could not have said it any better.