PDA

View Full Version : Cure for the common hangover?

luv
06-12-2006, 10:13 AM
No coffee. A couple of ibuprofen and a multi-vitamin? No puking involved, just a headache.

JimNasium
06-12-2006, 10:15 AM
Push the water. Drink some Gatorade if you have it.

CoMoChief
06-12-2006, 10:22 AM
vitamin B-12 if you have it, or some asprin will work almost as well. Gatorade works wonders. Almost any dark, red drink will work too.

Dartgod
06-12-2006, 10:25 AM
Not having so much fun this morning, huh?
I don't think I've ever had this good of a buzz going on a Sunday night. Anyone else having fun?

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=142142

:evil:

luv
06-12-2006, 10:27 AM
Not having so much fun this morning, huh?

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=142142

:evil:
No way am I going back an rereading that thread.

luv
06-12-2006, 10:28 AM
Push the water. Drink some Gatorade if you have it.
No Gatorade either. I'll have to stop and get some on my way to work. Guess I'll stick with water.

InChiefsHeaven
06-12-2006, 10:29 AM
If you can remember right before you go to bed, take like 3 Advil, or Aleve or whatever, and drink at least one big ol' glass of water. Hangovers are all about de-hydration. If you are still feeling like hell, chug some more water or like somebody else says Gatorade.

stumppy
06-12-2006, 10:31 AM
How about a big ole banana split from DQ ? With lotsa chocolate syrup.:D

luv
06-12-2006, 10:32 AM
How about a big ole banana split from DQ ? With lotsa chocolate syrup.:D
Nope. Not ruining my diet.

Demonpenz
06-12-2006, 10:35 AM
lots of water with asprin. If you were really dying of a hangover and you didn't have to go to work i would say take 1 Tylonal pm and one regular and chug some water and knock your ass out until you feel better

luv
06-12-2006, 10:36 AM
lots of water with asprin. If you were really dying of a hangover and you didn't have to go to work i would say take 1 Tylonal pm and one regular and chug some water and knock your ass out until you feel better
I don't leave for work for another 3 hours. I'm hoping this headache will be gone by then. It's really not a bad one.

Sleeping for another hour or so does sound good, though.

JimNasium
06-12-2006, 10:38 AM
If you can remember right before you go to bed, take like 3 Advil, or Aleve or whatever, and drink at least one big ol' glass of water. Hangovers are all about de-hydration. If you are still feeling like hell, chug some more water or like somebody else says Gatorade.
You don't need that much Aleve. Your liver will thank you.

chagrin
06-12-2006, 10:45 AM
All of this advice so far is bullshit, they can post all the old wives tales they want, - more beer is what you need!!

BTW, is your ass hurting too?

bobbything
06-12-2006, 10:51 AM
One of the new bowls from KFC.

Hangover. Cured.

Fish
06-12-2006, 10:56 AM

Hangover. Cured.

Good call..... Mashed taters, corn, chicken, smothered in gravy, covered in cheese........

Mmmmm.... lunch plans...................

StcChief
06-12-2006, 10:58 AM
Time.

luv
06-12-2006, 10:59 AM

Hangover. Cured.
Food does not sound good to me. My stomach's not queasy, but I'm afraid food will make it that way.

RedNFeisty
06-12-2006, 11:13 AM
Hair of the dog, honey!

Serious, advil before bed after drinking is the best to prevent a hangover for me. Since you did not do that, you need to eat some food and drink plenty of water, a hangover is just being dehydrated like others have said and the food will help absorb the liquor that is left in your stomach.

Predarat
06-12-2006, 11:42 AM
If your a lush Id say drink a bloody mary, but then again if your a lush you would already know that. I guess that means you not a lush.

yet :p

HC_Chief
06-12-2006, 11:52 AM
Chips & salsa.... preferably salsa with lots of cillantro.

Best way to <i>avoid</i> hangovers (besides the obvious "don't drink"): have one glass of water to every two beers. If you're dinking hard alcohol, make it a one to one: one glass of water for every one drink (drink, not "sip".... have to add these disclaimers or some dumbass will post a wsie-crack) ;)

Predarat
06-12-2006, 11:56 AM
When I have a sick stomache/headache hangover I found a six piece chicken McNugget value meal with orange drink seems to cure it. Now that crap makes me sick to my stomache when i'm not hung over though.

luv
06-12-2006, 12:25 PM
Well, the headache is gone. Just have to deal with the groggy feeling.

greg63
06-12-2006, 12:34 PM
No coffee. A couple of ibuprofen and a multi-vitamin? No puking involved, just a headache.

No binge drinking. :D

j/k

noa
06-12-2006, 12:35 PM
I'll second the bloody mary option. The tomato juice oxidizes your blood and the vodka provides the hair of the dog...If you're not down to drink alcohol, try the tomato juice plain.

luv
06-12-2006, 12:36 PM
I'll second the bloody mary option. The tomato juice oxidizes your blood and the vodka provides the hair of the dog...If you're not down to drink alcohol, try the tomato juice plain.
You're the second person to mention the hair of the dog. What is that?

J Diddy
06-12-2006, 12:38 PM

try a little hair of the dog that bit you

(a little bit of alcohol, to offset the pains from the whole lot of alcohol you had previously)

Dartgod
06-12-2006, 12:40 PM
The hair of the dog that bit you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hair_of_the_dog

Moooo
06-12-2006, 12:41 PM
try a little hair of the dog that bit you

(a little bit of alcohol, to offset the pains from the whole lot of alcohol you had previously)

Hey J Diddy. If you ever watch the Family Guy where Peter plays the piano drunk, if you notice one morning when he's hung over Brian hands him a Bloody Mary, but right before he does he plucks out one of his hairs and puts it in the drink. Classic hair of the dog... lol.

With your avatar, and then you saying that, it seemed highly appropriate.

As for luv... I tooolllld you you should have gotten some Gatorade last night...

Moooo

luv
06-12-2006, 12:43 PM
The hair of the dog that bit you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hair_of_the_dog
Biological effects
A hangover is due partly to poisoning by alcohol (production of toxins) and other components of the drink, and partly to the body's reaction to withdrawal from alcohol. Medically, consuming alcohol may help with mitigating the headache of a hangover by depressing the central nervous system, and may ameliorate some of the symptoms of alcohol withdrawal, for example, delirium tremens[1]; but it is not medically recommended for hangovers, nor for the long term treatment of problems related to alcohol consumption. Some researchers have suggested that ethanol may help dilute other alcohols that cause many of the hangover symptoms, but no controlled studies were carried out.

Generally speaking, physicians do not recommend 'hair of the dog' treatments for hangovers. [2] Drinking more alcohol can make the symptoms seem to lessen at first, but will only aggravate the symptoms once the liver breaks the alcohol down, because the body will have additional toxins to deal with.

keg in kc
If I ever drank, which I don't, I would down a big glass of water right before I pass ou-err, lay down and go to sleep.

Moooo

http://www.lyricsrock.com/viewsong/n/nazareth/Hair_Of_The_Dog.html

Moooo

J Diddy
06-12-2006, 12:44 PM
Hey J Diddy. If you ever watch the Family Guy where Peter plays the piano drunk, if you notice one morning when he's hung over Brian hands him a Bloody Mary, but right before he does he plucks out one of his hairs and puts it in the drink. Classic hair of the dog... lol.

As for luv... I tooolllld you you should have gotten some Gatorade last night...

Moooo

Oh yeah, it's my goal to see them all.

My son's nickname is stewie.

Eleazar
06-12-2006, 12:44 PM
When I was in college, I would stop by the union in the morning and pound a couple of Powerades. Works pretty well.

luv
06-12-2006, 12:45 PM

Moooo
I'm afraid I don't remember that. :redface:

sedated
06-12-2006, 12:45 PM
When I have a sick stomache/headache hangover I found a six piece chicken McNugget value meal with orange drink seems to cure it. Now that crap makes me sick to my stomache when i'm not hung over though.

6 peice? those are for children.

down a 20 peice to claim your man card

Moooo
06-12-2006, 12:47 PM
I'm afraid I don't remember that. :redface:

tsk, tsk, tsk... I even showed you a picture of a gatorade bottle...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/1050000/images/_1053897_gatorade_webgrab150.jpg

Moooo

rad
06-12-2006, 01:10 PM
Yeah. You even said you liked "scat"

Predarat
06-12-2006, 01:17 PM
6 peice? those are for children.

down a 20 peice to claim your man card
Normally yes, but 6 is the formula that seems to work for curing hangovers.

luv
06-12-2006, 01:21 PM
Yeah. You even said you liked "scat"
That part I do remember. Lesson learned. Never drink and post.

sedated
06-12-2006, 01:23 PM
That part I do remember. Lesson learned. Never drink and post.

where's the fun in that?

luv
06-12-2006, 01:25 PM
where's the fun in that?
Yeah, embarrassing myself is a riot. ROFL

keg in kc
06-12-2006, 01:26 PM
Yeah, embarrassing myself is a riot.It makes you....human.

I don't recall that you did anything embarrassing anyway.

luv
06-12-2006, 01:27 PM
Well, work will be fun. At least my headache is gone.

Have fun.

keg in kc
06-12-2006, 01:27 PM
Would we have any posts if nobody posted while they were drinking?

luv
06-12-2006, 01:29 PM
It makes you....human.

I don't recall that you did anything embarrassing anyway.
Confusing scat for ska, and saying I love it.

Nuff said.

sedated
06-12-2006, 01:29 PM
Yeah, embarrassing myself is a riot. ROFL

you didn't embarrass yourself anymore than you normally do

(did that help?) :p

Predarat
06-12-2006, 01:33 PM
Good luck at work Luv! For some reason I kind of miss the days of coming into work hung over. I dont know why.

dtebbe
06-12-2006, 01:41 PM
Hair of the dog baby....