PDA

View Full Version : Around the Horn is Unwatchable

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-12-2006, 03:19 PM
God this show is f*cking horrendous. I just can't stand it anymore. Listening to all of these dumbasses run their mouth about stuff they have no clue about while some ass clown feeds stats in their ear...F*ckmanitaly

Mecca
06-12-2006, 03:21 PM
That's because they have a moronic host, coupled in with on most days Woody Paige, Jay Marotti and Bill Plaschke and all 3 of those guys are giant morons.

Spicy McHaggis
06-12-2006, 03:22 PM
Yeah, any show with Woody Paige should be avoided like Big Ben avoids a Ducati ride on an ice rink.

...Too soon?

Hootie
06-12-2006, 03:23 PM
You guys are dumb. It's a great show, even better when Jackie McMullan isn't on.

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-12-2006, 03:24 PM
You guys are dumb. It's a great show, even better when Jackie McMullan isn't on.

The only time it's watchable is when Bob Ryan or Michael Smith are on. Otherwise, it's like watching 5 retards f*cking a doorknob.

Mecca
06-12-2006, 03:25 PM
It's really not watchable when Smith is on during football season........All he does is say Patriots for every topic.

CoMoChief
06-12-2006, 03:26 PM
At least its not Skip Bayless, Stephen A Smith, and Whitlock.

BWillie
06-12-2006, 03:27 PM
PTI > Around the Horn. I do think Reali does a good job of making that show flow along though. With out him I think Around the Horn would suck.

Spicy McHaggis
06-12-2006, 03:28 PM
PTI > Around the Horn. I do think Reali does a good job of making that show flow along though. With out him I think Around the Horn would suck.

PTI = Best show on ESPN. Or at least is was as I haven't been able to watch it for awhile.

Frazod
06-12-2006, 03:32 PM
Mariotti is Chicago's answer to Paige and Whitlock. He's a major douche.

chagrin
06-12-2006, 03:36 PM
Michael Smith is a dipshit, and if I am not mistaken (although if I am, that's okay), when he first started coming on the show, he stated that he never wrote football, baseball was his game - which is fine, until they make him talk football. Listening to him try and talk smack is painful.

Jay Mariotti is a good sports talk guy, regardless if you like him or not, Woody Paige is a total dipshit and I have absolutely no idea whose dick he sucked to get that gig.

Bill Plashke? I don't know, sometimes I think he's pretty cool, until he goes on his California "I'm bringing politics into it" garbage, then I don't really care for him.
The old chick is lame
I think Texas Tim is okay to hear, he rarely puts his entire foot inside his mouth - unlike most of the other guests - and he likes Hockey (bonus for me anyway)
I can't remember the names, is it Blackistone? He's cool, very levelheaded.

Anyway, I think it's a decent show altogether.

noa
06-12-2006, 03:36 PM
PTI = Best show on ESPN. Or at least is was as I haven't been able to watch it for awhile.

They started a free PTI podcast so you can listen to it the day it airs...not the same, but still, for working stiffs like me who can't get home in time to watch the show, its a good option. Added bonus: no commercials on the podcast.

Spicy McHaggis
06-12-2006, 03:38 PM
They started a free PTI podcast so you can listen to it the day it airs...not the same, but still, for working stiffs like me who can't get home in time to watch the show, its a good option. Added bonus: no commercials on the podcast.

Sweet, thanks for the info. I'm usually working during it too and no commercials is always nice.

Mecca
06-12-2006, 03:41 PM
Michael Smith is a dipshit, and if I am not mistaken (although if I am, that's okay), when he first started coming on the show, he stated that he never wrote football, baseball was his game - which is fine, until they make him talk football. Listening to him try and talk smack is painful.

Jay Mariotti is a good sports talk guy, regardless if you like him or not, Woody Paige is a total dipshit and I have absolutely no idea whose dick he sucked to get that gig.

Bill Plashke? I don't know, sometimes I think he's pretty cool, until he goes on his California "I'm bringing politics into it" garbage, then I don't really care for him.
The old chick is lame
I think Texas Tim is okay to hear, he rarely puts his entire foot inside his mouth - unlike most of the other guests - and he likes Hockey (bonus for me anyway)
I can't remember the names, is it Blackistone? He's cool, very levelheaded.

Anyway, I think it's a decent show altogether.

If there's any kind of female,sex, or sexual innuedo involved Bill Plaschke freaks out like it's the debil. So it's always nice to see him act like he's the father to everyone looking out for everyones best interest.

Hootie
06-12-2006, 03:43 PM
Max Kellerman was a better host, but I love Stat Boy.

You're right, PTI is a better show...but Around The Horn is not 'unwatchable.' I get the occasional laugh and good 'competitive banter' every episode.

And whoever said Mariotti is like Chicago's Whitlock...ding ding ding.

sedated
06-12-2006, 03:46 PM
Around the Horn is Unwatchable

In a related story, the sky is blue

Hootie
06-12-2006, 03:46 PM
In a related story, the sky is blue
do those lines ever get old?

JUST CURIOUS

JBucc
06-12-2006, 03:48 PM
I like it alright. They may be dumbasses but they're funny sometimes. Most of the guys that know what they're talking about are boring as hell.

Reaper16
06-12-2006, 03:50 PM
You're unwatchable. :harumph:

MahiMike
06-12-2006, 04:25 PM
Any show where they let more than 2 people speak/yell at the same time is unwatchable. Basically, any news on FOX. I blame Morton Downey Jr. for starting this trend...

DaKCMan AP
06-12-2006, 04:25 PM
ATH has been downhill ever since Kellerman left. Plashke (sp?) is the biggest dousche but there's plenty dipshits on the show. I don't bother watching anymore and wait for PTI to turn on the tube.

Predarat
06-12-2006, 04:26 PM
They could make it worse and let Wallace Matthews on there.

The Red Sea
06-12-2006, 05:10 PM
I cant believe this completely lame a$$ show is still going.
I'd rather watch Soccer..NAW thats a bit overboard I'd rather watch The "View" than either!

NJ Chief Fan
06-12-2006, 05:51 PM
max kellerman was better for the show

JBucc
06-12-2006, 05:53 PM
max kellerman was better for the showI couldn't believe he went to fox for that crappy show with michael holley. They should bring back the disembodied voice as well.